Smarty Had A Party Employee Reviews

Nice workplace with warm atmosphere
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2017
My work experience at Smarty was a positive one. My coworkers all treated each other respect and kindness. No matter what skin color, gender or religion everyone gets along.
Low Budget place to work..
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2016
The owner is a pot head with no business skills about running or being productive to a company.It like a temp to hire deal with this low budget place,so if the company lose money than they let you go to save.I would not recommend no one to work here unless they just like making a few bucks.
Pros
Great place for pot heads
Cons
Low budget products and company.
A Great Place to Work!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2016
It feels good to get up in the morning and love to go to work. We have fun, enjoy our co-workers and work really well as a team across all departments here at Smarty. It is the type of workplace I was searching for. Work/life balance is important here. People care about each other and understand that we all have families, etc that are important out side of the workplace. The Managers care about their teams as well...it's like a family. I highly recommend working here!!
Pros
Lots of fun activities, give-aways and team spirit.
Cons
It's hard to find any cons...I love my job!
Wonderful Work Environment
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2016
I am happy every day I come to work. It is the most positive, supportive, encouraging work environment I have ever experienced. There are plenty of opportunities for growth as well as expanding your horizons into new areas of the company. Input is always welcome and appreciated. Training is extensive and if you are not comfortable with a project or handling a situation all you have to do is ask for assistance. The managers are always at work, and the open door policy is utilized by everyone. My coworkers at Smarty have become my second family. There are times when it gets busy, but the beauty of Smarty is the constant notion that we are a family and we reach out and help others when they are in need. The amount of paid time off offered is leaps and bounds better than other companies. Smarty understands that all of the employees have lives outside of work and they try their best to give us the very best work life balance possible.
Pros
The pay is competitive, healthcare, 401k, life insurance, and the people are fantastic
Poor Management Owner makes profit by laying emloyees off
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 26, 2016
This company is noted for low pay, high rate of lay offs.
Training of staff is null to void,. No respect given to employees by owner. Many of male supervisors show favoritism towards the cute girls.
This is one of the worst employers in the Saint Louis area.
If you decide to interview and accept a job, make sure you ask the questions how many lay offs have you had in the past year?
What is the average length of stay for our employees?
Pros
Cannot think of any, other use this job as a resume builder.
Cons
Stated n the content of the review!
Poor Managment.
Former Empolyee (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 25, 2016
This company has seriuos problem with their management. The owner is always trying to cut costs. By cutting personnel and never gives anyone raises. Majority of the employees work really hard and never get recognized for their hard work fit it, and they get rewarded by getting fired just so the owner can put money in her pocket. Do not waste your time applying for any position with this company.
Pros
Peers get along with each other.
Cons
Owner and Managment are very Poor.
Product photographer - really!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis metroMay 5, 2015
This job comes up quite often - does that tell you something? Could be un reasonable working hours vs the pay. Pay more and photographer will stay longer...maybe not long term, but longer than three months!
Job interview- no one at "Smarty" is qualified to review a photographers work. If they want a photographer who can photograph a bicycle - you better have a bicycle in your portfolio. They are not visual people and can't make the connection from your past work to their future work. (Better have that bicycle if you want the job).
Work conditions - imagine a nice climate controlled studio with modern camera equipment and state of the art lighting and a first rate computer for editing...oh, sorry - not gonna happen at Smarty. Only a little better then a florescent bulb and a point and shoot and "what do you mean edit - can't you take a picture that works without editing?"
Best of luck in your job search.
Pros
You can bluff your way through most jobs- they have no idea
Cons
The rest of the people are bluffing too
Great place to work with opportunity to grow
Employee at Smarty Had A Party (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 4, 2014
I worked at Smarty Had A Party from near the start of the company. We originally only had a handful of employees and quickly grew to having a BUNCH of employees (Smarty is BIG now!).

I wore many hats doing marketing, pr, customer service, administrative and more.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, wonderful fun environment, employee focused
Cons
Lack of a complete brand identify (but they were working on it)
Small company great passion
Customer Service Representative/Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2014
I loved Smarty. The employees were awesome. Super nice and always willing t o help. They modeled after Zappos. My job was fairly quiet. I had multiple things to do, such as filing, customer service, Sample serving, research and so forth. I would say the hardest past of working there was working with my employer from a different job as many times those lines got blurred and caused a few problems. I really enjoyed talking with the customers.
Smarty Had A Party Is A Great Place to Work!
SEO Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MoAugust 20, 2013
Smarty Had A Party is a great place to work I highly recommend it. The owner is awesome and so are all the managers. They are always recognizing employees and they really care about their employees like they are family. They encourage employees to help each other out, which also makes it a great place to work. My co-workers are exceptional and make my job enjoyable and a fun place to work.

My job isn't hard or stressful and it doesn't seem like anyone there is stressed out like most companies. The company does care about quality, which makes them an exceptional company. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the excellent customer reviews we get. I have never worked for a company that cared about their customers like Smarty Had A Party does. It's truly amazing! It makes it nice, when you have happy customers. Another enjoyable part of the job is having a great owner, managers and extremely nice co-workers. I am really glad I found this job, there are not many companies out there like this one.
Pros
It's a great place to work and fun too, the company really cares about their customers and their employees, great pay, vacation and personal days off, your birthday is a paid day off that you can use within a year, employee discount on party supplies, fast growing company with some great career opportunites.
Cons
Smarty had a terrible party
Warehouse Coordinator/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 29, 2013
The main people running the place are poor excuses for management. They don't seem to have any experience running a warehouse, if they have any management experience at all.

-A worker voiced their opinion that the office had privileges over the warehouse and in response got moved into the office with no choice.

-A worker got fired after asking for a raise when another worker did the same and received a raise.

-HR is highly unprofessional, they give employee phone numbers to other employees without permission and discuss work situations with employees outside of work.

-HR has told multiple employees "I shouldn't be telling you this, but.." It's unprofessional. Don't tell lies trying to be friends with the workers.

-Management lies on write ups and when it's brought to their attention, it's dismissed.

-Management lies in general over small things. They can't seem to own up to mistakes or admit they are wrong.

-Whenever a question or situation comes up, all management can answer is I don't know, or I will get back to you and they never do. You have to stay on them for them to do anything.

-They advertise in job postings that they have health benefits and they don't. They haven't had anything in a couple years and continue to promise their employees they will have it.

If you can find a job somewhere else, I highly suggest it. No one sucks that much to be treated so terrible by an employer. If you have a mind of your own and speak up when you have a problem with something, it will get thrown right back in your face. They have good people working for them
  more... and call the company and all their employees a "family" but it's all a crock. If that's what a family is really like, then I feel bad for them. It's a family of weakness, lies, and shadiness. People deserve better than this company and they treat their employees like they have nothing without this place. They have their employees afraid to stand up and say something when things aren't okay because everyone that has, has gotten fired or have been put in a spot where they can find a reason to fire them.  less
Pros
It's easy work, The employees in the warehouse are fun and keep each other going throughout the day, The ladies in the call center are sweet and fun.
Cons
Lies about having health care, Management needs work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smarty Had A Party. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9