Smashburger Employee Reviews

it was an okay job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits; poor management
Smashburger had amazing people and customers. The management there was just awful. It was very bias. The pay is good though.
unorganized
line cook (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: free meal, somewhat busy
Cons: manager was to laid back and let employees get away with things
Start shift and I would have to stock and clean the line from previous shift. Would have to catch up on their dishes as well. No one would go by the book. Employees would eat on the job
fun workplace
Cashier/Expo (Former Employee), Naperville ILAugust 20, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: low pay, short hours, slow job
Depending on the day, it would be busy some and slow the others. I learned to communicate well with the customers each shift I worked. Management was nice and the co workers were also good people to be around. The hardest part of the job was days when it was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was busy days that keep us very productive and allowed us to interact with customers.
Good Company to work for
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 20, 2015
I worked at Smash Burger when I first declared the hospitality field would be something I would graduate and go on to for my career. It was small but a great job to introduce me to what good customer service is and how to work in a fast paced restaurant.
GOOD COMPANY
Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, SCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: free meals, free uniforms, family discounts, breaks
As a manager the workdays were fair. The owners were always helpful. Corporate always did their part as well. The best part of this job was the systems that were put in place to make the job easier worked well.
Good job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 17, 2015
It was a good job, but I worked random hours every week. Some weeks I worked a lot, other weeks I worked a little. I liked it though, I was a manager
Terrible Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Falls ChurchAugust 13, 2015
Cons: Disrespectful
Smashburger was a very bad workplace. Management has no respect for workers.
Sometimes it would be fun but management was very rude to workers, they did not care about us. They treated us with disrespect. Worked there for two years with no raise even though I knew both the cashier's job and the cooks job. Total lack of any management skills.
Meh
Guest Services Expert/Cook (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 10, 2015
Cons: Never get burger smell out of clothes
It's a burger place. Always was busy, coworkers had short tempers and the whole environment was stressful. Shift lead would cuss employees out.
Cook in a fast food restaurant
Cook (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 4, 2015
A great opportunity for hands on learning in the fast food industry.The team as dedicated and I was able to take on the role as cook as well as trainer for new employees.
Awesome work place
Cook (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome managers
Cons: no insurance or benefits
Fun and energetic work day. Management team is very understanding and willing to work with individuals seeking employment.
Productive some what fun.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Pros of Smashburger I would say is the employees receive discounts on meals on our lunch break
Cons: Cons of Smashburger is we have short breaks.
A typical day at work is productive, energetic, and compassionate. To work at Smashburger an employee must be energetic and willing to provide customers with their satisfactory service. I learned to always smile at customers, make sure they (customers) are satisfied with your services and make sure you meet at their needs. Management can show favoritism, and wont give credit when its due. My co-workers are well mannered, and polite just a few. The hardest part of this job is being on expo. Once you get an order wrong it hurts to throw away fresh food. The most enjoyable part of this job is making sure customers are happy with your service and receiving tips as a recognition of your service.
Great fast paced fun place to work.
shift lead (Current Employee), Phoenix AzJuly 30, 2015
Typical day is customers waiting outside to open the doors. customers come in and experience a fast casual dining experience. They can opt for a to-go meal or choose to stay at the restaurant that has a retro modern look to it.
Smash Burger was a busy fun place to work, hard but worth it.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Dillon, COJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free meal every day, good breaks
Cons: getting more than 40 hours a week while never getting overtime. the pay
Overall if i had been paid more than 9.00 an hour while working over 50 hour weeks i think i could have been happy. The only problem was they couldn't keep enough employees, i'm assuming that's why. Besides that the atmosphere was great the bosses were demanding but fun and i got to eat great!
Fun and easy job
shift manager (Current Employee), san clemente caJuly 21, 2015
Pros: free meals
A typical work day consist of setting up the front and back of the restaurant as far as have everything stocked i.e. cups, lids, napkins, to make sure everything is clean and fully ready for when customers walk in. Taking care of customers, taking out food, and cleaning up after the customer leaves is a big part of the shift.
I have learned a lot from this job. I've learned how to manage a team, how to communicate, and how keep everyone organized so the shift runs smoothly. The co-workers here are easy to get along with. I love working with every single one of them. I wouldn't say this job is hard at all. I would say it is enjoyable in the fact that I get to basically be my own boss whenever the general manager isn't there.
Friendly
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 14, 2015
Its a pleasant environment to work in, Co workers are very friendly and helpful. Fun activities during the holidays such as Christmas parties.
exciting new concept to be apart of
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 2, 2015
I helped open two locations and really enjoy the atmosphere and the level to exceed guest expectations. Smashburger was a smaller business that really paid attention to detail, with very friendy staff.
Good work place
Line cook (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 2, 2015
Working at smash burger is a good experience. The hardest part is learning the burgers and all their toppings. Which isn't very hard. Once you learn that then you pretty much get the whole hang of the job. I do think that the salary rate should be a little higher because the company is so successful.
Great Place to eat with the speed of fast food and the quality of a dine-in restaurant
Crewmember (Former Employee), Radnor, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: disounted food
Its a great work invironment management still needs work. It will be a great company in a couple years just give it time. The management was not in order completely at the store i was at but most things still ran smooth.
New job site when I started there
Cashier/ waitress (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: worked good with my school
Cons: no benefits
Was new when I started there, Worked well with teaching us about the restaurant and our job titles and it also worked great around my school schedule
Productive and fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 16, 2015
it was an easy job to learn. management was great and the co-workers were easy to get along with. I was always able to meet customer satisfaction.