Smashburger

Smashburger Employer Reviews

Shift Lead Position
Shift Manger (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: manager meals, polo shirt and cool name tag
Cons: hour cuts, understaffed, un-organized.
Help Managing for SmashBurger was really fun.
I enjoyed working for the company and what it stands for.
However, maybe some management could use alot of work and TEAMWORK.
some days would run really smooth, others, would be a little tense but we always had it under control.
I worked to the best of my ability and tried to train others the SmashBurger way. I learned alot in this company. but alot of things need to be re considered, and/or fixed.
No Comment
General Manager (Current Employee), New Providence, NJMarch 18, 2015
Great Company, Room to grow, Has been a helpful learning experience working with this company. Made me into a more qualified General Manager.
Okay
Food Service Employee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
The company wasn't bad at all. The work load wasn't heavy. They had advancement opportunities. However, you'd have to take on many roles to prove yourself.
An exciting and upbeat, fast pace place to work.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day would start with me stocking my station to get ready for the upcoming rush. I would then make sure that the dish pit is clean and organized. As customers would begin to order I would start prepping the food orders that came in. When the rush was over I would restock and clean and reset my station. My coworkers make it very enjoy for me to be in the work atmosphere. They definitely make it stress free and fun to be there. The hardest part of the job however is the rush and when orders are sent back for any reason. It makes it hard cause we know we messed up on something and it sets us back on time. But the best part is being able to have fun while I work. If it wasn't enjoyable I wouldn't be there.
moderate job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 12, 2015
decent work. Manager wasn't really help scheduled awkward shifts ranging from an hour and a half to a double. employees are great though.
Productive work enviornment at a fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: half off food on days you work
Cons: management was poor
-fast pace
-working with a team, everybody responsible for each other
-Flexible hours
-Poor management
-Nice work environment
very disappointed in corporate
Cook/ Server (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAFebruary 7, 2015
had to file harassment charges on my assistant manager and the way corporate handled the situation was very inappropriate, they asked me to take time off during investigation and then expected me to continue to work with that same manager on shifts were would be alone together
By far the best company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Morning food preparation and stocking by last used date. Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas. Verified that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity. Cooked and packaged batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared as ordered. Operated large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles. Working as a team on the line in your designated area of expertise was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Good Food
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
Smashburger is a friendly fun company. From the food to the customer service they work hard to find ways to keep customers and employees happy.
productive and fun work place for cooks
Cook (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible scheduling
Cons: no benefits, few hours
Fun place
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Buena Park, CADecember 6, 2014
Fun place to work at. Everyone is really nice and it a relaxed environment. The work isn't that hard if you stay on top of your responsibilities.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Shift Lead (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare benefits, bonuses, no vacation pay, no sick pay, no tempoary leave of absence.
A typical day at work is easygoing, fun, and hard work. I've learned that working at smashburger you have to be fast at serving and cooking as well as taking the customers orders. I have also learned how to manage employees as well as taking on extra responsibility. My manager is easy to talk to and understanding. He works with my schedule and hes very flexible with all the employees. If there is a problem he immediately addresses the proper authority in charge. My co-workers are easy to get along with. We help each other out and communicate well with each other. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unexpected problems such as; the ice machine going out, sodas being flat, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to customers and making sure they are content with our service.
cashier/waitress
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee), new provident,NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short brack
completed cash/credit transactions.Answered customer's questions and concerns.Kept a clean and safe area give the customer their food that they order and give the customer's their ice cream, mike shack the order and opening up the store and close the store.At this job i learned that u always want your customer's to come in the store happy and you wanted them to live out your store happy
Favorite Job
Server (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJNovember 30, 2014
I loved working there,that being my first job ever.
I had always looked forward to going to work
Loved coworkers and customers
It's better than your average fast food job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 26, 2014
Pros: decent work pace. better than average pay for the type of work.
Cons: being on your feet all day. low pay scale.
You get tips and extra 'smashcash' for getting good reviews, which worked out to be about an extra dollar an hour for me. I was raised up to shift lead quickly.

Mostly what you do as front of house is take orders, clean tables, run food, and make shakes. You also have to do some prep and dishwashing when it slows down.

All in all not a bad job, but not very much pay either.
Fun, fast-paced, campus environment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: campus location, strong ownership
Cons: n/a
A typical day involved opening the store. Maintaining the daily "rushes" while staying calm under the pressures that may arise (angry customers, register shortages, late shipments etc)
Very disappointed in this job
Server (Former Employee), Lewis Center, OHNovember 23, 2014
The owner has no idea how to run a business.Th staff was basically incompetent, the management didn't value its customers and favoritism ran rampant throughout the establishment.
n/a
Guest Service Expert (Current Employee), Delran, NJNovember 18, 2014
Just started working for the company.still have alot to learn in general.the management is ok and fair.my coworkers are friendly and all helpful,in team players.the hardest part so far is the menu.the most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers.
Up-Beat
GSE (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2014
Pros: discount meals
A typical day at work would be slow at first, but then it picks up around lunch time. My fellow co workers and I decide what station we are all going to be at. We are all like a family, whenever one person is down everybody makes sure that person has a smile on his/her face instantly. Customers come in hungry, and a little shy but, they leave stuffed and happy as can be. Everybody has a smile on his/her face. Whenever we see a customer is unhappy we approach him/her with a smile, positive attitude, and listen to why the customer is unhappy.
not much of a fun job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 12, 2014
Management don't seem to know whats going on. No one seems to want to pay attention to food safety weather it being clean food cabinets or just making sure new product isn't being poured on top of the old.

1 2 3 4 5