Smashburger Employee Reviews

Good environment to work in.
District Manager, NW (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2017
This is a fast casual restaurant in which nothing is casual at all. In the past three years benefits have depleted, expectations have increased, labor has been cut, turn-over above has been huge. Love the job but wonder whats around the corner.
Pros
Great menu and quality.
Cons
Expectations have become unrealistic.
Good workplace but also stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
Great job to have if you’re willing to deal with shortage of staff and busy hours. They have great benefits but only once you’ve been with the company for over a year.
Mediocre Burger Joint
FOH Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 7, 2017
Smashburger is just alright at this point. When employed there I was working under management who did nothing to improve or change the overall work life. I dedicated FOUR years of my life to this company and still was never fully compensated for my time and a job well done. They are more focused on finding bodies to fill spots rather than workers to actually come in and do their job. Overall unsatisfied
Not the best
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
A very cheap and poorly ran franchise. Willing to work you for low compensation. Job is easy and staff is friendly and great just not worth what they pay with no benefits or vacation time.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 5, 2017
Smash Burger was a fun place to work, especially if you are a person who enjoys working in a fast paced setting. It is an easy job that I think is perfect for being your first job, as it was mine.
free burgers
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2017
it was a chill work environment, not to busy doing the weekday but sometimes the weekend can be crazy. sometimes the customs can be a hand full but that at every food place.
Pros
customs
Cons
sometime unorganized
The best place to eay
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHDecember 4, 2017
Food is delicious love going there to eat for dinner if it's burger and fries smashburger is the way love the employees management it the best and always so cleean
Love working there juz da pay not hi enough 4 my situation and hours arent enough
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2017
The minimum wage is 11 dollars per hour and I would love to actually start making that amount and I also don't receive enough hours per pay period. If those two tho he cha he den I wud b very happy
Pros
Good 1st job
Cons
Low pay and hours
Great work environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJNovember 29, 2017
Very great place to work! Great staff ! Great customers ! Really loved this job if I could go back I would . Food is awesome . Make very good tips plus regular wage.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No benefits
smashburger
Cook (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 29, 2017
this was a stressful job, the manager was unfair and the employees were not compliant with the managers, the store was poorly run, and things were very unorganized
Good work environment, surrounded by good people, productive
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 19, 2017
I loved working here. I met some really good people and made some really good friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being around my coworkers.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Sometimes we were understaffed
everyday was the same
CASHIER/GSE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2017
The management was terrible, no consistent scheduling, the shifts were very unorganized, manager had other great employees do their job often as they would relax and eat and we got no difference in pay, when asking for more hours we would barely get 2 extra hours for the week, manager fires employees without warning or a phone call or any awareness they were let go they would just not put you on the schedule and you'd have to go in to see when you work next and not be on the next weeks schedule, co-workers were rude and very talkative and they'd take advantage of new employees when the general manager wasn't there it was over-all a terrible job experience, the management was just terrible and I hope to never work under that type of circumstance again.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
short breaks, management, rude co-workers and being taken advantage of
Alright place to work!
Front of House (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 11, 2017
Not too bad, just very stressful and little pay with no benefits. I had fun, learned a lot. Especially helping customers. Can't really complain, it's okay!
Relaxed work environment
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 9, 2017
This is a perfect whatever job or high school student job. Managers are really flexible with workers about hours but sometimes the work / life balance is not equal. Managers are slaves.
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYNovember 9, 2017
it was a good job , i enjoyed it just wished it was cleaner in the store , could have had a bit more help from the management when busy during days but i would go back
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Very busy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CANovember 9, 2017
The food is amazing here a bit pricey but so worth it. Can get a little stressful when the line is at the door, learned how to be more patient with angry customers.
Productive and Fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2017
Greet all employees
Cash Handling, making sure the FOH and BOH where at health standards
The culture was great. They had very great standards
The employees
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Health care and low pay
smash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2017
THe location I was at had a lot of very ghetto acting employees that treated the customers terribly and the management would get frustrated but ultimately not fix any problems.
My opinion
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2017
Management is cool but you don't get that many hours and some employees are rude for no reason. I wouldn't recommend it unless in desperate need of a job.
Pros
Cons
Employees
Not fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2017
It’s not a very good company because they over work people you don’t get any work days off barely. Don’t get paid enough for the hours I work and they make u work longer than the time you supposed to get off work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smashburger. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8