Smashburger

Smashburger Employer Reviews

Okay
Food Service Employee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
The company wasn't bad at all. The work load wasn't heavy. They had advancement opportunities. However, you'd have to take on many roles to prove yourself.
An exciting and upbeat, fast pace place to work.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day would start with me stocking my station to get ready for the upcoming rush. I would then make sure that the dish pit is clean and organized. As customers would begin to order I would start prepping the food orders that came in. When the rush was over I would restock and clean and reset my station. My coworkers make it very enjoy for me to be in the work atmosphere. They definitely make it stress free and fun to be there. The hardest part of the job however is the rush and when orders are sent back for any reason. It makes it hard cause we know we messed up on something and it sets us back on time. But the best part is being able to have fun while I work. If it wasn't enjoyable I wouldn't be there.
very disappointed in corporate
Cook/ Server (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAFebruary 7, 2015
had to file harassment charges on my assistant manager and the way corporate handled the situation was very inappropriate, they asked me to take time off during investigation and then expected me to continue to work with that same manager on shifts were would be alone together
By far the best company to work for.
Cook (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Morning food preparation and stocking by last used date. Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas. Verified that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity. Cooked and packaged batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared as ordered. Operated large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles. Working as a team on the line in your designated area of expertise was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Good Food
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
Smashburger is a friendly fun company. From the food to the customer service they work hard to find ways to keep customers and employees happy.
productive and fun work place for cooks
Cook (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible scheduling
Cons: no benefits, few hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Shift Lead (Current Employee), San Antonio TexasDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare benefits, bonuses, no vacation pay, no sick pay, no tempoary leave of absence.
A typical day at work is easygoing, fun, and hard work. I've learned that working at smashburger you have to be fast at serving and cooking as well as taking the customers orders. I have also learned how to manage employees as well as taking on extra responsibility. My manager is easy to talk to and understanding. He works with my schedule and hes very flexible with all the employees. If there is a problem he immediately addresses the proper authority in charge. My co-workers are easy to get along with. We help each other out and communicate well with each other. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unexpected problems such as; the ice machine going out, sodas being flat, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to customers and making sure they are content with our service.
It's better than your average fast food job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 26, 2014
Pros: decent work pace. better than average pay for the type of work.
Cons: being on your feet all day. low pay scale.
You get tips and extra 'smashcash' for getting good reviews, which worked out to be about an extra dollar an hour for me. I was raised up to shift lead quickly.

Mostly what you do as front of house is take orders, clean tables, run food, and make shakes. You also have to do some prep and dishwashing when it slows down.

All in all not a bad job, but not very much pay either.
Fun, fast-paced, campus environment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: campus location, strong ownership
Cons: n/a
A typical day involved opening the store. Maintaining the daily "rushes" while staying calm under the pressures that may arise (angry customers, register shortages, late shipments etc)
Very disappointed in this job
Server (Former Employee), Lewis Center, OHNovember 23, 2014
The owner has no idea how to run a business.Th staff was basically incompetent, the management didn't value its customers and favoritism ran rampant throughout the establishment.
not much of a fun job
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 12, 2014
Management don't seem to know whats going on. No one seems to want to pay attention to food safety weather it being clean food cabinets or just making sure new product isn't being poured on top of the old.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: fun work area
Had a blast, amazing experience for my first job. management was understanding and very flexiable
Productive and interactive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2014
First, I look over the previous day's paperwork to ensure its completion and read over any notes left by other managers. I then proceed to start the opening paperwork and counts of the safe and the inventory. Once done, I instruct the employees on what to prepare first (depends on which product is more dire) and start to set up the restaurant. I work alongside the crew, managing and working together, to prepare the meal and serve the customers. The hardest part of the job is when I have to sit down with the staff to notify them of their disciplinary action when something was done incorrectly. the most enjoyable part of the job when the whole store is in unity and we are enjoying one another as well as stay on task.
upbeat
cashier (Current Employee), pelham manor, nyOctober 13, 2014
i loved making shakes and running food. The store is very clean and and customer friendly
Awful Management
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Loveland, COOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free food, i loved my customers
Cons: no breaks, horrible management
Typical day at work would be opening the store and getting ready for the day. Balancing all the drawers, and safe, making sure the money was right

I learned great management skills and time management skills

The management was not very good. The GM neglected his employees, the owners also neglected their store

My co-workers became like family to me

The hardest part was when my (older) employees had problems listening to me because I was younger

The most enjoyable was when my regular customers would come in and be amazed I could remember their order and name. Also working with great employees
An Awful Place To Work With Shad People
Cashier and front end service (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 75% off food
Cons: unprofessional sadistic bosses
A day at work would could be a grueling 11 hour day with only a 30 minute break.
Management was unprofessional, sadistic, short tempered, unsympathetic or empathetic to anything and everything employee related, and unfair.
Coworkers struggled to survive harsh treatment from management in a dog eat dog style.
There was nothing enjoyable about the job.
Yummy!
Guest Service Expert (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2014
Great food and even better people! A fun place to work! They offer a great chance to build solid relationships with repeat customers.
Entry Level Job with High Turnover
Cashier/GSE (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAAugust 8, 2014
The typical day consisted of cleaning, customer service, taking food orders, stocking the store, and delivering meals to guests.
During my time at this job, I learned the basics of a "front of house" fast food job. Though the management was lacking in areas, I was able to ask my co-workers for help while I was still learning.
This location seems to need more time to mature and the shift leaders need more time to understand how to run it efficiently.
The hardest part of the job was its inconsistency with scheduling on a weekly basis.
Though my time there was not the longest, what I did enjoy was talking to the guests and learning more about different work environments.
Started off as cashier and am now a shift leader
Cashier/Shift Leader (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the ability to grow within the company
Cons: no benefits for part time employees.
I started with this company in November 2009 as a cashier and have learned a lot. With my hard work and dedication I was promoted to the position I am now which is shift leader.
Stressful workplace with terrible management
Cook (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: stressful, terrible management, hot kitchen, etc.
After clocking in, I would begin preparing food for customers that would be coming into the restaurant that night. Also responsible for cooking food and doing dishes/cleaning. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management and easiest was working with my friends in the kitchen.

1 2 3 4 5