Smashburger Employee Reviews in United States

Rush and fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 23, 2016
I learn how to work in a fast paste and do a clean and the job correctly in matter of time. My casher experience have rise and I have learn with conflict in a right and political way. Enjoy working in a rush and getting the job the correct way
Smashburger was amazing.
GSE ( Guest Service Expert) (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 23, 2016
As a GSE, its your role to greet guests as they walk in the door. Take their orders, give them an accurate review of their order. And tell them it will be brought to whatever table they would like to sit at. The GSE will then take the order and serve it to the customers, baming off each individual burger to the correct customer. After the meal is given, its the GSE's job to insure halfway through that the customers are satisfied with the food. With everything good to go, the GSE will then buss the table after the customers leave
Pros
Great people, great enviroment, great food.
Cons
Short hours. GSE's only get 25 max hours a week.
Fast Paced at Low Wage
Guest Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 22, 2016
In the mornings you would check the registers and clean whatever wasn't done the night before. Morning would be slow until lunch rush which typically lasted 2 hours. When it got slow, if there was several people you would be sent home early. There were a lot of tasks to be done for closing. It would get chaotic often, and there was often times that I would be by myself up front. Management performed poorly and did not schedule me by my availability. My manager was unprofessional, especially when they quit. My co-workers were fun to be in a team with, though most of them were on drugs or were alcoholics. I was the second longest staying employee when I left after being there a year. There was a high turnover rate of staff. The best part was getting to know the regular customers. There is some opportunity to advance in the company but don't count on it when you apply there. Game days were horrendous, very fast with a line out the door. This job teaches you how to work in a team and problem solve when the customers were unhappy.
Pros
50% off meal if you worked that day, flexible schedule, free drinks
Cons
Short breaks, Bad management, Constant turnover of employees
Great work atmosphere and good oppourinity just fo job placement
Shift Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2016
The customers and your co-workers definitely make the job worth while. The relationships with them make them like one big family. There is plenty opportunity for placement on a job but there's mixed representation when it comes to advancement and furthering within the company.
Great Job for those who are single
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
This job was a great job and very flexible and convenient for me, until I endured more responsibilities with a family. Then, it was no longer a job that was as flexible and as easy to work around. I had very small amounts of time to be with my family and see my year old daughter. The pay was not worth the extremely long, inconvenient hours. I was struggling mightily with my financials when I was working here and could see no light at the end of the tunnel. It should be a perfect job, however, for those who do not have a family or responsibilities.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule.
Cons
Long breaks, inconvenient hours.
Great Summer Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 11, 2016
As I my football season came to an end I needed a job to gain experience as well as earn some form of income and working at SmashBurger was a great experience. I met people there that I consider to be my best friends today and I was fortunate enough to examine the restaurant business as a cook, which was difficult at times but improved my ability to work in a team atmosphere.
productive and fun environment to be arund with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Point Loma, CAJuly 8, 2016
always a challenge when it comes to lunch rush or dinner rush but its always exiting to get our game face on and start the day getting food out as quickly as possible and satisfying every customer
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough aknowledgement is given to employees
Smash
Cashier (Paid) (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2016
the food is awesome. my co workers were great. The job is super easy and fun and you get time off whenever you want. My co workers were super nice
Fun and productive place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
At Smashburger I was a Cashier , it was my first time working and I really enjoyed this place. The people, the food, costumer service was excellent. This place is where I learned and liked helping and serving costumers. The area was perfect and the people was completely different than in Greyhound. Of course I am not gonna say Everything was perfect but there were few arrogant and disrespectful costumers. In this job I learned to remain calm but act fast when we had a rush hour.
Pros
Bonus, tips, 1 hour break
Fast pace and enjoyable customer service workplace
CASHIER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 4, 2016
My job at Smashburger is very important to me and has taught me a plethora of valuable teamwork skills and the ability to perseverance while working hard. A typical day includes, running register in front of house and on drive through (cash handling), serving food, cleaning the dinning room and bathrooms, changing trashes, and stocking inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customer satisfied with all of our hard work that goes into each order.
Pros
Employee discount on food.
Cons
Great place to work, little advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2016
Workplace is always changing. Turnover high so managers have to fill in for hourly positions. It was difficult sometimes to be a manger when filling in for crew. Stressful at times when being shorthanded. Upper management was great. Benefits were top notch. Hardest part was our labor matrix was very tight. Overall I liked Smashburger, but I was to stressed out.
Pros
never a dull moment, benifits
Cons
Stress
Fun, Easy and Enjoyable
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 21, 2016
Smashburger was my high school job where I excelled rapidly in becoming a shift leader. It was very easy because the menu was small and it was a casual, fast service establishment. Managing shifts and overseeing staff were my main duties. I did weekly inventories as well as opening and closing the establishment. All my duties were easy, manageable and laid out. After 3 years of employment there everything became repetitive so I respectfully left the company in pursuit of my culinary dream.
Pros
First management job, earned the basics
Cons
Did not help me excel in the kitchen
Virtue Building
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2016
Smashburger is a unique place. Even the least of employees will wear many hats. SB is in its growing stages so every customers experience counts; which in turn means every employee interaction makes a huge difference. It was one those situations where if you see it needs done..Do It. I learned to be patient, not only with guest but also with staff because a lot of times both were just figuring it out.The hardest part was getting everyone to click in. Moral played a huge part was in a successful day. Identifying weak links and getting them caught up and not cast out proved to be valuable. In a intense fast paced environment management carried the task of keeping everyone level headed. Never let the guest see you sweat. I will say though, that once the staff was on the same page it was a well oiled machine.
multi-task
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
It's always busy, there is always something to do.you always have to keep yourself busy.the employee are always friendly to the customer they always seem happy to be at work.it always seem very calm and relax there.even when you are stress out
this job wasn't for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 15, 2016
This job had poor management overall. I saw no future and no where to even get a raise i would not work here ever again. I need a job that knows what they want
Nice place to work with great customers.
Part-Time Guest Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32312June 14, 2016
I enjoyed my actual job. My typical day would consist of hosting on the floor, cashiering, expediting food, and interacting with guests. My co-workers became friends of mine that I hung with outside of work, so they were enjoyable and friendly. The hardest part of the job was knowing that they often promoted incompetent people to be a part of the leadership team, instead of giving proven individuals a chance. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to guests that were "regular customers". I would remember their faces, names, and orders, all the way down to the modifications of their particular food items. They would also remember mine and look for me when I had been gone a few days. It was a great experience with the community that I worked in.
Pros
co-workers, freedom to run the show, acknowledgement, owners
Cons
management team
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJune 11, 2016
I work at Smashburger in Rochester Hills and the management team is ok I would say howver the company takes things very seriously. At the end of the day learning about the company should not have tests and quizzes given. This location is like revolving door because people are constantly coming and going.
Pros
discount
Cons
no breaks, what benefits?, management, hours
nothing long term
Guest Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 10, 2016
This job is not really worth the time, they try to work you into the ground, the owner only cares about money and not at all about his employees or business.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything
Less pay for hard work
cook (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2016
overall its a fun place to work but for all the things we have to do we should get payed way more. The management sucks and they are lazy which leaves me to do everything.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay sucks
Very fun and productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJune 6, 2016
SmashBurger was a very fun place to be apart of. i loved every co worker i worked with even my managers. We always had so much there. I made a lot of friendships there that i still have. My shifts weren't really that long, just a few hours so i did as much as possible in that little of time.
Pros
Free lunches, games, and interesting people
Cons
short breaks

2.9