Smc Corporation Of America

Smc Corporation Of America United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work enviroment
Inside Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Noblesville, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: company kitchen, game room, and contests
SMC was a fast paced support center for customers nation wide. Had an excellent management support system for all employees and offered great benefits. I learned about the full all pneumatic products and applications on a daily basis.
Electrical Engineer Wearer of many hats
Design Engineer Electrical Products Group (Current Employee), Noblesville, INDecember 14, 2014
Management listens to engineering
Can work with all disciplines
Agile design and testing
Customer and Sales support
Great place to learn and work at.
Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: limited advancement
People there are wonderful from all levels.
Management can be of target and lack of understanding the industry of business.
Japanese owned. Poor management.
Sales (Former Employee), Aurora, Il.January 21, 2014
Pros: global company
Cons: see above.
This company hires a multitude of sales people every 10 years or so and they blitz the market. Once they have established a certain market share, they let the sales force go and keep only a select few.
The Japanese culture is one of working sun up to sun down. That's not an issue for me, but in Japan you get 7-8 weeks vacation your first year. They expect the same work ethic in the US but give you the usual 2 weeks vacation.
Somewhat unfair--don't you think?
Manufacturing
Design Engineer II (Current Employee), Noblesville, INJuly 14, 2013
Manufacturing company that creates special equipment for US based customers.
Great core of employees and solid product
Program Manager - Mechanical, General Motors (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 24, 2013
Pros: flexibility and freedom to support my customer
A typical day includes visiting Tier sources to support product during tool design and tool build. I then head to the office to sign off on designs or research technical questions from my visits. I also review stock levels to ensure that I have the necessary product available to ship within contract terms.
I have learned how the body shop and general assembly areas of a build facility operate. SMC has a wide variaty of products that we sell into these sections. I support my product at the plants from installation to regular production.
My management gives me the freedom to support my customer as I see fit. This includes managing stock levels, travelling to customer locations, and overseeing support staff responsible for customer locations.
The hardest part of the job is gathering gathering sales forecasting data. My customer has multiple suppliers for tooling. Each supplier has different product needs. These variations can impact what I bring in and the quantity.
The best part is the interaction with so many different people. I deal with six design and build sources for a program in addition to the direct customer. They know me and trust the suggestions I make.
Productive and serious place to work
Now Environmental Health & Safety Administrator (Current Employee), Noblesville IndianaSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: all holidays
Cons: must do overtime when salaried, no breaks
Regulation examination
Write programs to accommodate production
Check MSDS for duplicates
Pay attention to all details
Pay attention to details
Seeing the training take effect
Many Opportunities...
Regional Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 19, 2012
SMC offered many opportunities for team enhancement and collaboration, international exposure to different business practices, and friendly, long-time staff.
Working with engineers proves to be a rewarding experience.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2012
Pros: healthcare, benefits, management
Providing direct administrative support to upper management and subordinates. Working for a Japenese company proved to be a life long learning experience that has a lasting positive affect on my career. Learning the Japanese culture provided for a different perspective on management and providing tools to the employee. The style of management ALWAYS included the lay persons, those working in the trenches, verses the American way is to normally include management and then dispurse without consulting the lay person, This alone proved to see why the environment and culture with subordinate and management worked

About Smc Corporation Of America

The SMC Corporation manufactures and sells pneumatic control equipment for use in fields that include agriculture and fisheries, – Read more