SMC Employee Reviews

Bad management
Shipping and Receiving/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 17, 2017
Very bad environment due to lack of management and cooperation. greedy with money. Don't pay enough with people who works so hard. With people coming and going with this company.
mixed bag
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Work hours were good
teammates were easy to work with
Management was overly critical on most things
problem solving skills were sought but not heeded.
Pros
Hours
Cons
pay, management
Good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, WIAugust 28, 2017
It was a nice place nice people. It was nice your manger new what they were doing. People there were good and hard workers. I did my best and showed up every day
Packer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 27, 2017
I like how the attendance policy wasn't strict as long as you worked 40 hours they didn't care how you got it. The work was easy and the staff was very friendly. I didn't like when the company moved far away to another part of the State.
Pros
Great work environment and attendance policy.
Cons
Location became difficult to after the company relocated.
Productive place
Detail Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2017
Good place to work at, great people to work with. This is a job for people who love to clean not hard at all. Decent medical. This is not a face paced job.. job for people who have an eye for detail.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Standing all shift
Staff is friendly and is helpful,feels like a big family.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 30, 2017
I have worked at SMC for many years and have enjoyed working with the organization. The benefits are good. Friendly staff,feels like a big family, very supportive.
its ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJune 24, 2017
Its an okay place to work, most of the people there are very friendly. Great work environment and very clean. Working 4 days and off 3 is awesome, and there is overtime offered.
Pros
you sit
Cons
to much of a turn over
Productive and consistant work pace.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, MAMay 23, 2017
Working at SMC was relaxing due to the position of Inspector/packer. With my quality assurance skills and experience made this job consistent in the work flow and I personally always kept busy.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Clean room
good work enviorment mon-thurs
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYMay 3, 2017
Pretty good work environment, family oriented business regular shift being mon-Thurs 7 to 530. Doesn't have great healthcare and no investing opportunity
Pros
mon-thurs, no hard labor
Cons
no real advancement
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INMarch 17, 2017
It a good place to work but need more pay an better training an more help an better people an more rotation so people do not get wore out and hurts so they can go home the same way they came in
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Not enough money

Want to know more about SMC?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Clerical work. Customer service Order supplies for the company. Filling. Call to repair the copies machines Do orders on line for customers. Maintain coffees and teas for the company
Pros
Discount on merchandise
PipeLine Fusion
Labor Certified Fusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Helps the city of Lubbock, by going underground and replacing old gas lines with new ones. One person trenches a ditch to 36 inches, while another one goes in to fuse new pipes together.
Absolutely loved my job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INJanuary 10, 2017
I loved working fast pace. Loved all my co-workers. The only hard part of the job, was when they would move the processes to other areas and we had to figure out where we had been moved to. I learned a lot actually. I learned how different parts of a car work. And how they work with other parts. I learned that everyone had to work together fully to get the vehicles done. I learned how to use telemail. My job was so amazing to me that, I actually looked foward to going to work everyday, seeing my co-workers, and getting in there getting as many parts done as possible. Everyday I made myself a new goal to reach, as far as how many of all my parts I was going to have done for that day in each process.
Pros
They had very good health insurance.
Cons
Just long work days.
Easy work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, WIDecember 13, 2016
It's mindless work. Boring. Low morale amongst operators. Work is almost always the same so if you like doing repetitive work, it's ok. It's a plastics, silicone & assembly establishment.
Productive and fun work environment
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Devens, MANovember 14, 2016
SMC ltd. is a great company to start working for. The employees at SMC are extremely helpful, willing and eager to teach, and have a great team mindset.
SMC does not treat employees fairly
Exempt employee (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 11, 2016
SMC HR dept does not give respect to employees. Some employees in that dept make fun of hourly associates if they have any type disability. They seem to fire people for no just reason sometimes.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Bad HR management
Good Company
Physical Rehabilitation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 9, 2016
I worked for SMC during college and they were really flexible with my schedule. I worked in the nutrition department, so my primary job was to bring food to patients. My managers were always really helpful if I needed something, and I liked all my co-workers.
Smc
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 7, 2016
I had the opportunity to intern for SMC the past two summers as a manufacturing engineer intern. Over these two summers, I gained so much knowledge and an incredible understanding of how a large scale manufacturing company operates. A typical day at work consisted of helping engineers find solutions to problems by designing and manufacturing concepts. The management is amazing and the work environment is comfortable. Every employee of SMC treats you like family and I would love to work for SMC as a Manufacturing Engineer one day!
Pros
Pay, hours, work environment, management, employees, cafeteria, and benefits
good place to work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2016
enjoyed they way i was treated. plenty of work management was fair
took good care of its employees. company outings and get awards for accomplishments.
Excellant place to work.
Solder Expert (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYSeptember 27, 2016
I loved the fact that this company allowed its employees to sit down. It is a fun and friendly place to work. Great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMC. Our community is ready to answer.