SMC

SMC United States Employee Reviews

friendly work environment with steady paced work
Picker/assembler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: friendly people-steady work and a lunch truck with great lasagna and sheapards pie
Cons: some huge parts were on the top shelf/ they moved to fishers
Picked orders to b sent to assembly then matched up with their other orders at other stations and sent to the rightful department. My co-workers as well as my supervisor were real friendly and helpful if I had any difficulties with anything. I also had the privilege to advance to assembler. If there were any expedite orders that needed to b pricked or assembled in a quick amount of time they usually asked me to complete them.
Productive and fun workplace i got to work with my fiance.
Assembly (Former Employee), Township of White Bear, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: a decent work inviroment, good breaks, and got to see my fiance on breaks
Cons: the pay
It was an ok work place i mean i loved my station i was at for assembling and also i got to work in the same warhouse as my fiance. Also i believe the assemblers including myself should be allowed to get overtime and a better pay increase. But regardless of that i still like working there i didnt mind assembling and working on the machines
Fun WorkPlace
Manufacturer (Former Employee), Amery, WINovember 22, 2014
Work one on one with you until you have everything, very friendly co workers & superviors
Clean and safe environment to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Somerset, WISeptember 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: hours and benifits
- Busy days from start to end of shift
- how to work in the production field
- Unorganized
- Fun and friendly
- Getting daily direction from management
- Learning a new type of work
productive work
line parts picker (Former Employee), Princeton, INAugust 6, 2014
Pros: liked that type of work
Cons: short breaks
the most important part of my job is the people I worked with and the team leaders they explained job dutiest very well. liked working on line as well took a bit uf getting use to third shift but I liked the hours
smc
production worker (Former Employee), Princeton, INMay 21, 2014
SMC is not a bad job. There are a lot of hours and overtime which leaves no time for friends and family. All you can do is sleep and work really. You will make great friends as well as co-workers there.
Enjoyable to work there.
Construction Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtApril 1, 2014
On job hands on work. Supervision over all sub contractors etc.
poor place to work
operatior (Former Employee), Amery, WIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: i quit
Cons: that i worked their
poor pay, rude people, the only up side to the company is it's a clean place to work. but the people & Staff suck only care about the money not the employee
Fun
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2013
Pros: have to make a lot of sales
Cons: can take breaks as you need to
Don't Give You Time To Make Sales If You Don't Make + Sales You Are Let Go, But You Can Always Go Back After A Month
Was a great place to work
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, ORNovember 18, 2013
Pros: great team and great middle management
Cons: upper management was disconnected
Management, changed sales procedures on a whim and the company fell hard. Were millions in the black and went to millions in the red FAST!!
It was a nice work place plenty of smiles
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great managers
Cons: good benefits
I had it rough the first couple of days but as I continued the task I got better at it.
it was 1956 all over again
admin (Former Employee), somerset, wiscSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: it is a job
Cons: across the board low wages, human resources nightmare
after working in many high level admin jobs throughout the country i thought i knew what was expected at SMC. i was sadly mistaken. unlivable low wage yet expected to do the work of a junior engineer. high responsibility and accountability with compensation level of 20 or more years ago. also very sexist and disorganized. dont expect to have a title above clerical if you wear a skirt. a human resources nightmare. if i had the energy i could have easily filed and won any number of HR violations lawsuits. will be surprised if this place stays in business much longer. incredibly high turnover. will be leaving this off the resume -- too inconsequential to include, a black mark on my job history and not because of my performance. stay away unless you are truly desperate or are related to an executive level employee.
Automation Technician (Current Employee), Amery, WIAugust 13, 2013
Good place to work, great co-workers
Long hours but good compensation
Sales and customer service
Account Sales Executive (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2013
Calling business to sale supplies for their business. keeping accounts updated and current
SMC
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Amery, WIJuly 17, 2013
I didn't have a typical day at SMC. We did different things everyday. From expecting parts to being a machine operator. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers. There wasn't a hard part of the job, everything there was very enjoyable.
Productive and fun enviroment to work in
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2013
Pros: i was eligible to accept full time enployment with benefits
Cons: i was working through a temporary service
Operated a machine that greased medical parts as well as worked on an assembly line that produced medical valves for breathing machines. I learned how to work on a prduction line using various small motor tools. I worked in a team enviroment creating an atmosphere conducive with high volume production meeting deadlines and quallity quotas. The management was very proffessional and friendly. Creating a productive, and fast paced enviroment that enhanced our ability to grow and work together as a team. My team was very friendly and professional that also created the atmosphere of teamwork and creativity. The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy cyliders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere of the co-workers.They made me feel very welcome and apart of the team.
Decent place, Nice people
SMC Machine Operator (Current Employee), Somerset, WIJune 5, 2013
A typical day at work for SMC Operators, is very repetitive. I learned good work qualities, how to check for problems with parts properly and how to pay attention to detail.
its ok to work at
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Somerset, WIMay 12, 2013
my time there was a great learning experience met alot of new people
fun.. active
sales (Current Employee), Malakoff, TXNovember 5, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: people shuting doors in my face
it was hard at first but once I got the hang of it it was good
i was in training to be my own boss.my mom is the one who got me into this business but its just not enough for me
High Energy, challenging work environment
Lead Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Sterling, MASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: always busy, never bored or looking for ways to fill my day.
Cons: my pay structure is not condusive to feeling good about taking time off.
A typical day at work is spent addressing the day to day document update requirements while solving various documentation problems that arise primarily from quality engineering and production.

I have learned to instinctivley respond to any and all questions, problems or challenges with well thought out solutions and action required to implement resolution or provide accurate answers when needed.

Management has always been cooperative and approachable with an open door approach in any and all situations.

My coworkers are easy to get along with and cooperative under very hectic day to day workloads.

The hardest part of my job is responding to constant project changes that make it very difficult at times to stay on top of the status of some situations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing my department is pretty much on the ball 99.9% of time. We have our processes down to a T and do not allow our focus to get derailed.

SMC Salaries