SMCI

SMCI Employer Reviews

na
Project Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Forecasting server needs/storage needs
Working with a vendor to obtain information about the enviroment
na
NDE Technician (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 2, 2013
Pros: o
It's a wonderful place to work. And that's all I have to say about that.
I.T. Support Analyst
I.T. Support Analyst (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: occasion 1 week working assignment in las vegas
Cons: no ability to move up in rank and pay
I contracted on-site with Amgen Inc. to provide technical support to 2,600 users nationwide and in Canada and Puerto Rico. Assist with training new hires to improve skills and familiarize them with corporate procedures. Support the client’s business partners in resolving problems such as network outages, database issues and establishing Internet service. – more... Software supported includes proprietary packages and apps, Siebel and Veeva CRM (front end), Gelco/Concur, Wi-Fi, and DSL and cable broadband connectivity. Hardware supported includes Compaq NC600c Laptops, docking stations, HP 6480, 6500, 6500A multi-function printers/scanners, IPHONE, DROID, IPAD2, and RAS Secure ID VPN key fob. Also responsible for entering calls using the IBM “service now” software, in addition to writing knowledge base articles.

Major Contributions:
• Successfully maintained client relationships to achieve a 95.7% customer satisfaction rating.
• Provided expertise that enabled the successful rollout of unified messaging to 1,500 users.
• Enhanced client profitability by installing special CRM software and assisted the Amgen sales force to cache login credentials for active-directory services on 1,500 laptops.
• Selected to travel multiple times to regional sales meeting to support IT initiatives, once presenting to the group about the new upgrade.
• Honored with 12 awards for contribution to the client’s Field Service Desk Infrastructure. – less
Great recruiting company
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 19, 2013
SMCI did a great job of recruiting me and supporting me until I transitioned to a permanent position.
fair employeer
pipe welder (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 24, 2013
Pros: clean work
Cons: not enough hours and work on books
fun company to work for.
1/2 hour lunch break
Owner friendly
and everyone easy to get along with
SMCI is good for the short term
Field Hardware Services (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMay 15, 2013
Pros: flexible, responsive, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: no benefits
Been working as a contractor for SMCI now for over seven years. I can't say enough about how well they treat their employees. I like the company and the managers however the only real issue is there is NO sick pay, vacation pay or medical benefits. They do have an option where you can get benefits however it's a big cut in pay. Other than that, I like – more... them. They are flexible, understanding and responsive. – less
was very good job
Machinist (Current Employee), lakeland flApril 2, 2013
Pros: we were able to get all the overtime we wanted
Cons: never know weather we a job from one day to the next
Different jobs everyday which is nice so it dont get boring.
Able to run horizontal boring mills, vertical mills, manuel lathes started to learn cnc lathe as well as vertical turret lathe.
Able to read and understand blueprints.
Ran numerous nuclear jobs so can do the paper work.

Management wasnt perfect by anymeans before but they kept us buisy , – more... know there is no material and people are lucky to get 32 hrs.

We worked 80 hr weeks for pretty much 2 years so we are all like family great bunch of guys.

The hardest part to me is not knowing what are schedule is as it seams to change everyday.

Learning new machines ,making new products etc. – less
Fabrication & machining
Shipping Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2013
SMCI is now Metal tech. They build for Siemens PPG. Is a good place to start at the botton and work your way up. The pay is light.
Great work/life balance and pay. Supportive direct managment.
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: work/life balance, fun and supportive staff
Cons: lack of accounts, jobs to recruit for
Lack of many key accounts to obtain maxium amount of jobs for recruiting.

About SMCI

For more than thirty years SMCI has been an IT staffing solutions leader in the regional markets we serve. Our staffing services – Read more