SME Employee Reviews

Exciting company to work for!
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 15, 2017
On a daily basis I worked with agents to research different procedures and task that needed to be corrected. I learned how to take a big issue and break it down to see what the cause was and what the best ways were to fix it. The culture in this department was great, management really knew how to treat their employees. I enjoyed looking into to issues that were causing an impact on the company and finding ways to fix them in a timely manner.
Culture Good but Undeveloped
Writer, Xerox State Healthcare in the MMIS (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2016
I entered the company in a time of trouble/transition resulting, unfortunately, in an abandonment of certain training activities that were culture-building.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Normal lack of cohesiveness stemming from working from home for most associates
Great place no room to advance
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 5, 2016
great place to be at and the people are awesome and great to get along with but theres a big Glass ceiling and basically no room for advancement
Consistent work
FItter Welder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
Consistent work for the most part, they will make sure you always get at least 40 in. Mediocre starting pay but if you prove your skills and learn the way they like things done you can move up in pay fairly quickly.

Blueprints are pretty sketchy they have so many different detailers that things change drastically between jobs in the prints with frequent errors. the front end is pretty sketchy to they often miss cut the metal and miss drill the hole so your always fixing gaps or plugging and re-drilling holes.

If you only speak English not Spanish or Korean as well... working in the shop with the largely Mexican and Korean crew communication can be difficult.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Blueprints are pretty sketchy, your always fixing gaps or plugging and re-drilling holes.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 20, 2016
Help people with ordering medications online and making sure Medicare plan D will cover the medications. Making sure patient gets medication in a timely matter.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
short breaks
Dispatcher
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2016
Friendly employees. Nepotism is huge at this company, a lot of employees are related. Morale throughout company is not very good. Work is steady for the most part. A service company so customer service is key.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Benefits are lacking.
productive and lots of overtime
Clinical Pharmacy Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2015
Management works well with employees, attainable workload, friendly environment. Offers ability to move within the company
Pros
overtime
Cons
have to meet goals
hard work, 100% rewarding, flexible
Freelance HR and Business consultant (Current Employee) –  Continental EuropeSeptember 15, 2015
I am currently self employed as a senior HR and business advisor.
I enjoy the close contacts with the business owners, their can do attitude and their willingness to think outside the box. A very creative, stimulating and rewarding environment.
Pros
total freedom to pick and chose projects and clients
Cons
no guaranteed income flow
best Job culture , with Good Management
Tier 2 Customer Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, APAugust 23, 2015
best place to work good management always supportive .
learned working on sales and skills on Customers satisfaction marketing .
Productive fun enviroment
Cost/Price Analyst Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Washington DcAugust 21, 2015
Great performance based skill set...free environment work space...Customers are great to work with. They always provide feedback on service provided
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
COURSE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 14, 2015
South University online is an excellent place to work and learn regardless of your color, national origin and economic status. Students come first.
Pros
Team work
Great Company
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 13, 2015
A great place to work, flexible, and good managers. They are working on giving employees more perks, gym & company outings.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
need more training programs
Multiple postions over many years
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 6, 2015
Served in multiple postions over the span of 10 plus years while progressing through the ranks of the military. Typical long hours with multiple deployments and numerous bosses.
difficult place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 23, 2015
Im not sure if this is typical of Xerox or the managers I had but I wasnt really allowed to have any work/life balance, I was expected to put in 10-15 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I was also forced to cancel 2 planned vacations and denied to take sick time when it was needed (even with notes from my Doctor).
My day to day tasks range from working with operation team on escalations and issues, reviewing procedures and then working with the project team on writing project requirements, testing, training and so forth.
productive and efficient operation
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Severn, MDSeptember 24, 2014
SME, LLC is a small consulting business which is operated by an accomplished professional who displays excellent management and consulting skills. It is a great company to work with.
Solid company to work for
Oracle Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  VariousJune 3, 2014
Loved working here but in a group that maintains a 100% travel expectation and I would like a reduced travel schedule.
Pros
Solid team
Cons
100% travel requirement
Great learning environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMay 17, 2014
As the coordinator for this nonprofit, I was thrown into a leadership position with little experience but was able to thrive because my supervisors trusted my ability. I gained confidence as I managed my way through interviews - hiring 17 mentors from the university whom I believed were qualified to teach children about sustainability. Hearing parents and students talk about how happy they were with their time spent at SME, I knew I had made good choices. I also learned how to budget and allocate funds for a small nonprofit organization. By raising money, I was able to see that every student who had requested tuition assistance received that to make SME a plausible experience. The best part of the job was the sense of accomplishment I had every day. Although I would have to work after my grad school classes and often would be at the office until 10 at night and on the weekends, I knew I was making an impact on the lives of children.
enjoyed working with my co-workers
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MICHIGANApril 20, 2014
I feel SME is eventually going to be a resource that is no longer needed. Slowly it will be obsolete. I loved the people i directly worked with, the management I would rather not comment. I feel as if they help certain people and do not train or help others.
Pros
the people
Cons
No training
sme analyst
Bilingual Insurance Agent / Sme analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Bilingual Insurance Agent/SME responsible for individual sales goals in
the agent position while providing new and currant customers with
excellent service and product knowledge.
l Duties included but not limited to customizing insurance programs to
suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
l Sold various types of insurance policies to individuals on behalf of
insurance companies, including automobile, fire, property, or
specialized policies such as marine, farm policies.
l Called upon policyholders to deliver and explain policy information
and analyze insurance programs and suggest additions or changes.
l As a SME (subject matter expert) I was responsible for assisting my
coworkers with any product or system questions that arise during
working hours, Also participated in the hiring and training of new
employees.
l Identified process inefficiencies through gap analysis.
l Recommended operational improvements based on tracking and
analysis.
l Performed competitor bench marking analysis and identified savings
opportunities and potential product enhancements.
l Reviewed sales, customer concerns and new opportunities to drive
business strategy at weekly planning sessions.
l Monitored timelines and flagged potential issues to be addressed.
l Directed planning, budgeting, vendor selection and quality assurance
efforts.
Great place to work.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2014
Unfortunately, the Electrical division that was started by myself and another employee @ SME closed. The employee that came from Ohio office to get this division up and running moved back to Ohio. Otherwise I would continue working for SME.
Pros
Healthcare, other Benefits
Cons
Closing of SME in Louisville, Ky

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SME. Our community is ready to answer.