SME Employee Reviews in United States

Consistent work
FItter Welder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2016
Consistent work for the most part, they will make sure you always get at least 40 in. Mediocre starting pay but if you prove your skills and learn the way they like things done you can move up in pay fairly quickly.

Blueprints are pretty sketchy they have so many different detailers that things change drastically between jobs in the prints with frequent errors. the front end is pretty sketchy to they often miss cut the metal and miss drill the hole so your always fixing gaps or plugging and re-drilling holes.

If you only speak English not Spanish or Korean as well... working in the shop with the largely Mexican and Korean crew communication can be difficult.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Blueprints are pretty sketchy, your always fixing gaps or plugging and re-drilling holes.
Dispatcher
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2016
Friendly employees. Nepotism is huge at this company, a lot of employees are related. Morale throughout company is not very good. Work is steady for the most part. A service company so customer service is key.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Benefits are lacking.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 20, 2016
Help people with ordering medications online and making sure Medicare plan D will cover the medications. Making sure patient gets medication in a timely matter.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
short breaks
hard work, 100% rewarding, flexible
Freelance HR and Business consultant (Current Employee) –  Continental EuropeSeptember 15, 2015
I am currently self employed as a senior HR and business advisor.
I enjoy the close contacts with the business owners, their can do attitude and their willingness to think outside the box. A very creative, stimulating and rewarding environment.
Pros
total freedom to pick and chose projects and clients
Cons
no guaranteed income flow
Productive fun enviroment
Cost/Price Analyst Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Washington DcAugust 21, 2015
Great performance based skill set...free environment work space...Customers are great to work with. They always provide feedback on service provided
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
difficult place to work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 23, 2015
Im not sure if this is typical of Xerox or the managers I had but I wasnt really allowed to have any work/life balance, I was expected to put in 10-15 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I was also forced to cancel 2 planned vacations and denied to take sick time when it was needed (even with notes from my Doctor).
My day to day tasks range from working with operation team on escalations and issues, reviewing procedures and then working with the project team on writing project requirements, testing, training and so forth.
Great Company
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 13, 2015
A great place to work, flexible, and good managers. They are working on giving employees more perks, gym & company outings.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
need more training programs
COURSE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 14, 2015
South University online is an excellent place to work and learn regardless of your color, national origin and economic status. Students come first.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Multiple postions over many years
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 6, 2015
Served in multiple postions over the span of 10 plus years while progressing through the ranks of the military. Typical long hours with multiple deployments and numerous bosses.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2012
My typical work day would involve maintaining office operations by receiving and distributing communications, compiling information for project manager's presentations, maintaining supplies and equipment, picking-up and delivering items, and serving customers.
I worked from my home which was both enjoyable and lonely at the same time. I enjoyed the convenience yet I missed the office atmosphere and having co-workers around.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home
Fun, enjoyable position with excellent learning capabilities
Underwriter III/Income analyst (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 9, 2012
Research and review of loans for modification. I have learned to study materials effectively and associate well with others while debating in a professional manner that enhances learning. I am a great mentor to others because I believe their achievement is my achievement in the workplace. The hardest part about my job is keeping up with the day to day changes but I have kept an open mind and that has helped to direct me in a positive manner. The most enjoyable part about my job is I work well with my co-workers and I learn new things everyday.
Pros
get off work early
Cons
contract work, so no holiday pay, pto, or vacation paid time off.
Work Life Balance Rocks
Process Architect- Senior Rational SME (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2014
Work life balance is the best benefit of this company. The ability to telwork with prior arrangements along with during bad weather is one of the perks of the work life balance. There are a lot of amazng people working for this company with diverse backgrounds that have come to this contract from prior contracts for same work.
IT Subject Matter Expert (SME)
IT Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 14, 2013
Provides technical training/assistance to support analyst
Performs Incident Management
Attend IT meetings with other end user/infrastructure teams
Report to upper management
Produce/Upload technical documents to SharePoint
Update knowledge base documentation and perform technical writing
Great place to work.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2014
Unfortunately, the Electrical division that was started by myself and another employee @ SME closed. The employee that came from Ohio office to get this division up and running moved back to Ohio. Otherwise I would continue working for SME.
Pros
healthcare, other benefits
Cons
closing of sme in louisville, ky
enjoyed working with my co-workers
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MICHIGANApril 20, 2014
I feel SME is eventually going to be a resource that is no longer needed. Slowly it will be obsolete. I loved the people i directly worked with, the management I would rather not comment. I feel as if they help certain people and do not train or help others.
Pros
the people
Cons
no training
Best job in the word
U.S. Army (Former Employee) –  USAJune 11, 2012
The job was a challenge everyday, I learn to be a leader and, to work along with others. The hardest part of the job is putting my life on the line oversea in combat. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a supervisor, and working along with other.
Pros
great career opertunities
Cons
being in combat for along time.
Great learning environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMay 17, 2014
As the coordinator for this nonprofit, I was thrown into a leadership position with little experience but was able to thrive because my supervisors trusted my ability. I gained confidence as I managed my way through interviews - hiring 17 mentors from the university whom I believed were qualified to teach children about sustainability. Hearing parents and students talk about how happy they were with their time spent at SME, I knew I had made good choices. I also learned how to budget and allocate funds for a small nonprofit organization. By raising money, I was able to see that every student who had requested tuition assistance received that to make SME a plausible experience. The best part of the job was the sense of accomplishment I had every day. Although I would have to work after my grad school classes and often would be at the office until 10 at night and on the weekends, I knew I was making an impact on the lives of children.
Worked in IT great experience
Specialist II, Application Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2012
Worked in Quality Assurance in customer billing. Management left much to be desired. My co-workers were great to work with and very helpful. The hours left much to be desired but the team buidling events were very good for overall morale.
productive and efficient operation
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Severn, MDSeptember 24, 2014
SME, LLC is a small consulting business which is operated by an accomplished professional who displays excellent management and consulting skills. It is a great company to work with.
I have quality Experience to offer
Project Engineer/Lead (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, Va.June 19, 2013
Work 10 hour days
I have learned to work with the customer management in a TS/SCI environment
The deliveries
The technology
Pros
working and meeting new people