SMG Employee Reviews

** Alert**1099 job
Scarlet Management Group (Former Employee) –  2 Easton OvalJanuary 10, 2017
If the add on Indeed was accurate then I would not have wasted my time and theirs. Listing this as a salary position is gross negligence to say the least. This is a company that is a Vendor for Direct Energy and other various companies.
Pros
NIce Office
Cons
No Benefits
It's a fun enviorment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2016
I learned a lot from working with this company sometimes it can be a little busy but for the most part it's nice. I had a great experience with this company
It was boring
Mercedz-Benz Superdome (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 7, 2016
Working at the job was alright. Dealing with the superiors was the most worst thing to deal with. They are always down your back and never let you just complete the work without them staring at you the whole time. Its not a good work environment to be around if your someone who likes to work without supervision.
Pros
good Benfits
Cons
very short brakes
Great events
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 28, 2016
The best part of the job had to be the events we got to host, everything from giant raves to local comedians. The staff could be a little more professional though.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Lots of walking
Not a bad part time job!
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 28, 2016
SMG was a nice company to work for, though I felt you were just a paid worker. Hard to feel a part of the team when you were just another name on the list. The job had no perks aside from being able to work at an event (Concert, Monster Cars, Circus). Other than that you were on your feet the whole time with one break during your full shift which usually went into OT without OT pay.
Pros
Work often exciting events
Cons
Terrible meal/break periods, on your feet for many hours.
The environment, staff, and new people you meet are great. It's overall a fun place to work.
Parking Controller (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2016
The job itself over at SMG is a pretty easy job, but it's our part that helps everything run smoothly. The job is pretty easy all you're doing is directing cars into the designated parking area.
Overall great experience
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2016
Working at SMG, was a great experience. It teaches you patience, customer service, and a host of other useful tools. This job gave me an experience, interacting with the plethora of events and people.
Pros
People and events
Cons
Weather conditions
smg is an overall fun place to work
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 4, 2016
SMG supervisors make work easy to comprehend and are down to earth. Co workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The arena is clean and sanitary
Pros
free lunch
Cons
dont get much hours
prefect
Kettle worker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94541November 3, 2016
Everything was good. The staff members were very nice and understanding. No matter who you worked with they were always nice and friendly
Pros
everything is amazing
Cons
there arent any cons
Productive in getting the job done.Limited coworkers are great people.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 20, 2016
The day goes by pretty quickly.There are coworkers who are enjoyable to participate with during work.Hours are also great.Employee food area also is always clean.
Pros
Get hours, get paid higher than min wage.
Cons
Rude supervisors, rude coworkers.
Busy and exciting place to work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 5, 2016
I learned many cooking skills such as proper use of knives, grills, fryers, steamers, and smokers. Management was ok, slightly difficult to work with because of poor communication skills. I enjoyed learning from an executive chef and i really enjoyed meeting and working with a variety of different people.
Professional touring and local events
Journeyman Stage Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2016
Seasonal work but always an exciting experience to meet touring crews and work with advanced stage technologies. Unfortunately the work is seasonal and seeking full time employment.
At work we usually get a list of assignments to complete throughout the day there really easy task I've learned how to make better organizing decision
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 8, 2016
Well while working at the pavilion for SMG the co-workers are pretty down to earth & the boss is a very nice person to have as a boss. I really like when it's show day even though it's the hardest part about the job you still have a chance to see a lot of talented artist coming through and you have the opportunity to set up for there shows so it's pretty sweet
Pros
A lot of great experiences, and it's a very fun job.
Cons
N/A
Demanding but rewarding job
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2016
Working for the AlamoDome in San Antonio is a very demanding but rewarding job. Staff and Co-workers enjoy coming to work and have a very productive day working together. Drama Free
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 17, 2016
No room to advance, no health benefits/insurance, Lack of organization, reduced work force for job that needed, over worked staff/understaff
Pros
Cons
No advancement in Position
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 10, 2016
Great place to work with a wide variety of customers. Fun events to work as well. This position has taught ne just how much organization is required to host successful events.
fun workplace
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 27, 2016
energetic and enjoyable sporting place. the best part of the job is meeting different people who come to the venue for concerts, sporting events and conventions.
I love this company but sometimes we need to improve our department to keep current and long time employees appreciated
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New OMay 23, 2016
Housekeeping is a very under appreciated job I enjoy meeting new people and love inter acting with the patrons our department is like family we miss one another when we haven't been seen in a while but I do say thank you for the opportunity to work when available
Pros
Being able to work and enjoy events
Cons
Although they may have events you may not get to work them
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 22, 2016
Not much to say about the company, those employed will find out for themselves. my experience may be different from other most of my time there has been negative with only a few positive moments.
Cons
Fun to work at but getting hours is hard in the summer.
Server/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 13, 2016
I love my managers and my coworkers but now that it is starting to slow down due to the summer, my hours have been cut. I am lucky to get scheduled a day in two weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMG. Our community is ready to answer.