Smile Brands Inc. Employee Reviews

I enjoy people and work. Always willing to learn new things.
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2017
Just get in and do my job.

I have learned a lot though my many jobs but it's what I can give back to my co-workers and work well together

I have always worked well with management

Everyone is equal

Learning new systems are challenging or company changes but as long as the proper training is available and guidance is given then the transition will be great

Making relationships with all that I work with. The hours of a day that are needed at a job; it is necessary to have a good relationship at all levels.
Pros
Flexibility
Monarch is where a RDA should go for new skills
Periodontal Assistant/Oral surgery Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2017
Monarch is a high flow company. Patients of all kinds of cases come through Monarch. They were my biggest stepping stone in my career as a Dental assistant.
Pros
skills building position
Cons
too much travel
na
Internship (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJuly 20, 2017
very friend staff. when u are asking 2 make sure the stuff u are bring is right they will help u out. i learn my interments a little batter. /
Growing Company with a Great Culture
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. Everybody is totally on board with the mission and the management team has gone to great lengths to create a positive culture. Every decision puts the patient experience at the forefront to ensure we can continue to deliver great care at an affordable price. In my 30+ years in the workforce, this is the most positive work environment I've experienced.
Pros
Caring culture, fast-paced, excellent management team
Cons
Lots to do!
stressful overbooked
CDA,RDA (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 17, 2017
I had the worst work experience ever. dental chairs were broken and everyone with sonority got 40 hrs a week and never had to work late. Over time is never an option and employee rights where thrown out the door.
OK place to work
Patient Benefit Counsler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
I like the staff and I love working with the patients. There is never a dull moment. However, there are some set backs. Front office staff hours keep getting cut, doctors are always suddenly quitting, and upper management are not very present. The staff turn over rate is extremely high. They expect so much but don't approve the resources for the offices to be successful. Also, the pay is not that great. Overall, its an ok place to work, just not worth the stress with such little pay.
Culture!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 12, 2017
Very forward-thinking department and company. There is a lot of work to go around but also a lot of fun. Management and CEO are very inspirational and make company culture a priority. Overall a great place to work
Poor Managemengt
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2017
This company has no structure, they cannot keep management or employees. There is constant change and no right way to do thing, very hard to do your job correct due to not having one constant supervisor anyone to hold accountable to there constant changes. There is also a problem with superiority if one supervior said something the other takes it back and wants you to do thing one way where the other wants other way and when everything goes down your the one to get blamed and pay the consequences.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
everything
work life
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2017
Be prepared to work your tail off and have expensive benefits. It is a great place to learn new things in your field. Halloween is a big holiday so be prepared to get crazy.
Flexible work environment
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 26, 2017
Work/maintain ticket.
Everything thrown at you at once, learn as you go.
Hardest part is working with other department; it is discouraged.
Relax environment to chat and work on own certifications.
Management communication from higher up is slow to trickle down to support team.
Pros
relax environment mostly, work on own certs, mgr got your back
Cons
slow to respond to email, projects are slow and always extended, certs are not really required from mgmt

Want to know more about Smile Brands Inc.?

Ask a question
Stressfull
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 21, 2017
Scheduled all patients and worked with dentist on the schedule. Also assisted when needed. Worked with patience on finances when working big cases. Collected from patience as well.
Smile Brands
District Manager (Former Employee) –  N Richland Hills, TXJune 19, 2017
Definitely a wonderful place to work. The only suggestion I would make is to offer more training to their new hires and to try and match new hires with the cultures of the offices. Great team members and management is good as well.
Bad all they way stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 18, 2017
They want to micromanage, but they are not stable have no constant, no pattern. FYI people quit left and right here that may tell you something. Life is bad when you can't even go to the bathroom without asking for permission its like kindergarten all over again.
Summary
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
Very pleasant place to work for. Company is always looking for ways on making the patient satisfaction great and always giving their employees the best ways to do so.
Overworked
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 13, 2017
Constantly asking to stay after time to be off. Long hours. Staff is not very friendly can be rude quite often and two people on the phone. Would not recommend them.
Everyday Different
Treatment Planner (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 13, 2017
Working with the manger was the best part of this job. The dental software is next to ancient. 40 hours is rarely ever met, mostly 20-30 hours. You must be able to locate to different offices at the drop of a hat and it can be very confusing.
Pros
management is nice
Cons
not enough hours
We had a good team
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Enjoyed work for them we had a good group people. We celebrated everyone birthday. On some weekends we all go to the moving together. We just enjoy the Company.
Pros
we got along with each other
Great Support- Dynamic Culture
Executive Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 24, 2017
After spending more than 15 years in a private practice environment, I expected my shift to a Dental Service Organization to be a shock. It was a shock but in the best way. The supportive environment gives me the ability to fully manage the team and pushes me to be the best version of my professional self.

I am trusted to provide guidance and feedback in order to grow the business. My strengths have been utilized and it creates a sense of accomplishment that I have not previously felt in other positions. The culture of the company is to truly celebrate the talent of the teams and help to motivate and develop.

This is also a patient centric organization. There is great work being done with the foundation- providing dental services to those in need and unable to afford it. We are also given the freedom and trust to financially assist patients in having their treatment needs met.

Working for an organization that celebrates the individual members as well as the patients, has made this the most fulfilling position I have ever held.
Pros
Strong Leadership and Support- Internal Promotions - Excellent Benefits
Cons
Healthcare options are not as comprehensive or affordable as desired
Excellent company with huge opportunity for growth and advancement!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 24, 2017
I have been with Smile Brands for 15 years. I have worked through many administrative positions and you are rewarded for your hard work. There is a lot of room for growth and advancement. I have enjoyed my time with the organization and highly recommend it to others in the Dental Field looking for a stable strong company to work for.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, job security
Cons
Na
did not work here?
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 24, 2017
I'm not sure why it wants me to writ review here, never worked at smile brand. sorry I have nothing to say about this place........................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Brands Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9