Smile Brands Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent company with huge opportunity for growth and advancement!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 24, 2017
I have been with Smile Brands for 15 years. I have worked through many administrative positions and you are rewarded for your hard work. There is a lot of room for growth and advancement. I have enjoyed my time with the organization and highly recommend it to others in the Dental Field looking for a stable strong company to work for.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, job security
Cons
Na
did not work here?
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 24, 2017
I'm not sure why it wants me to writ review here, never worked at smile brand. sorry I have nothing to say about this place........................................
Amazing Culture and Leadership!
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2017
Great company to work for. Offers good career growth opportunities. Experienced doctors and staff that treats every patient with quality care. Company has a wonderful culture.
Average place to work.
Orthodontic Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
Average place to work. Very busy and fast paced. Benefits are not very competitive to other workplaces and some have been taken away. Management hard to communicate with.
Good place to start
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
It was a good place to start my dental career. The training was excellent. I still have ties with the people I worked with over 10 + years ago. Start your career here.
Great place to learn, however stressful and unrealistic expectations!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2017
You will need to "look the part" and be in with the management that are all related or known from school. The support and pay are not based on your dedication or work performed. All is based on who you know. They will take advantage of the good employees by over working and making unreasonable expectations."Fake it until you make it"
High paced and little time to dedicate to each patient. This is not a sit down or down time job.
"A lot of promises not fulfilled, long exhausting hours, bonuses promised but management cannot tell you how they are calculated." That is the truth! The bonus is rigged and no one can breakdown how it is calculated. Office can profit (make EBITDA) and still not get bonus. They will arbitrarily decide to give bonuses to individuals in getting tasks completed meanwhile not to others doing same task. Unfair pay..same job one will make $13/hr and another $25/hr.
Pros
Some great doctors, great place to start and learn basics
Cons
Understaffed, no breaks, lack in support
Great and exciting work environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
A great and fun work environment w great and awesome patient doctors that take pride in their work and employees and work environment very family oriented
Great culture!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2017
This company has taught me so much! They truly care for their patients and employees. I have more support with this company than any other I have been with. They constantly give you tools to ensure success and training opportunity to grow and continue to learn!
Pros
Paid holiday and time off!
Cons
Paper charting verses digital
Great culture and appreciation for employees
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2017
My time at SmileBrands in the last 4 years has been super enjoyable. There is growth opportunites, great leaders and a culture that seeks to serve! Love working here
Pros
team work, support, growth
Cons
hectic
Dont
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2017
I've worked as full time for this company, spent a long time in one office, assistant lead was impossible to work with, no manners. Hygienists are hard to work with, and see you as the maid.
Dr. hard to please . Not all offices treat you fairly. I hear a lot of negative talk amongst the reg. Employees.

Want to know more about Smile Brands Inc.?

Ask a question
Awesome Company with Growth Opportunities
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 29, 2017
I have been working for Smile Brands for over 13 years. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the sense of accomplishment when I leave each day. Upper management is very down to earth and easy to collaborate with. Our culture is simple and easy to understand.

All team member's in our Tennessee Market are very close to one another and always willing to help.

Thanks for an awesome career Smilebrands! Your GREAT!
Opportunities and benefits well beyond what is offered by private practice
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 29, 2017
I have worked with Bright Now for over 22 years. The company has offered me opportunities for advancement well beyond what would have been possible in a private practice environment.
Pros
Tools, resources and Management support
Work with great people and love what I do
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2017
I have worked at Smile Brands/Bright Now Dental in Cleveland for 21 years and love the people I work with. Amazing providers and staff who truly cares about our patients and each other.
Pros
Amazing Providers and staff
Corporate work environment- not enough compassion
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I worked here more than a decade ago, so maybe it's changed. At the time, it was all about the bottom line. Didn't really matter who your employees were. As long as they worked the long hours at a low pay rate while making the owners all the money, it was ok.
Pros
Training, FREE dental procedures
Cons
In-experienced staff, lack of job training, too corporate.
Dental extern
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2017
Attending for Fortis college I had to complete 300 unpaid extern hours in order to receive my certification to become a dental assistant. This included about 100 hours of shadowing the lead assistant while she assisted the doctor and then about 200 hours of me assisting the doctor. This gave me some skills working with patients that I was unable to learn in class. I would take x-rays, clean rooms, sterilize instruments, chart for both hygienist and doctor, and chairs assist.
the office
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 15, 2017
the office is big and they specialize in all areas of dentistry great place to learn and develop more of a dental background in one location. very team work area and room to grow within the company
Pros
Drs are great
Cons
the corporation makes you fill replaceable
If you enjoy working long exhausting hours and little to no family time, apply now!
Front office (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 27, 2017
A lot of promises not fulfilled, long exhausting hours, bonuses promised but management cannot tell you how they are calculated. Benefits are good for the employee but plan on losing your paycheck to cover your family. Cost of living increases are determined at the very last moment: so you may or may not get an increase regardless of your performance. Old and out dated computer systems (DOS), paper charts!?!?!?
Pros
Paycheck is on time, benefits
Cons
Constantly understaffed, Paper charts, Dos?!?!, inability to work with one patient completely without numerous interruptions (phones, check-in/out other patients), high turnover, often difficult to get a restroom break!
Family friendly and fun work environment
Payer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Typical day at work is learning something new everyday whether for personal or professional use plus workplace culture is to celebrate everyday miracles.
Pros
Fun great people, fun culture, great benefits, easy going, warm environment
Small staff = lots of work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Great office location, lot of opportunity to learn because there is no one to help you. There is a tendency to reward hard work with more hard work. The management is 50/50, I was lucky to have one of the best managers onsite. Best thing about working here is that you learn a lot and quickly. Worst thing is that even if your boss notices what a great job you do, it doesn't mean you're getting a raise or a title change, it means you get to handle more responsibilities.
Pros
Be your own boss, freedom to figure out your own job, you will never be bored
Cons
Strict budget doesn't really allow compensation to make it back to hard working employees
Not a smart career path
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2017
They are quick to hire from outside the company rather than look at their own hardworking employees for promotions. Training is hit or miss and most of the time employees are just thrown in. There is little support from upper management and the offices are not told the importance of patient engagement. Many times the front desk employees don't even acknowledge the patients when they come in and several times the patients end up waiting about an hour before being seen. The offices are outdated and dirty and not efficient. There is constant dr and staff rotation that keeps the patients guessing.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no room for growth, lack of support/training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Brands Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9