Smile Brands Inc

Smile Brands Inc Employer Reviews

The Overall Experience
Operations Manager/ Market Specialty Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: co-workers/doctors
Cons: doctor changes
I truly enjoyed working for SBI. The other managers in the region are very helpful and resourceful when new to the company. I was well embraced by all when I started. Met some incredible doctors and then not so incredible doctors but all in all, wouldn't change a thing. Teamwork is indeed where its at and that's SBI.
Fast paced envornment
Legal Operations Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, caOctober 7, 2014
great place to work and everyone is very positive. Everyone is willing to answer questions. if you're highly motivated, you able to move up very quickly.
Great working enviornment
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2014
This particular office has one of the best dentist you can ask to work for. He has great work ethic and takes care of his RDH's.
Recruit and screen candidates for various Corporate/ Clinical positions
Recruiter Contractor- Corporate Office (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2014
recruit and source candidates for various open position in our Corporate office and multipal locations
Honorable work, employee handbook in need of restructure
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: gain patience, assist patients with oral health, gain insight of industry
Cons: cancelled breaks without notice, breaks are 10 min, black out on pto usage during most preferred seasons, 4-6 hours mandatory overtime 1-2 occasionally without notice, employee handbook needs restructure in specific sections
-schedule appointments for new patients with Monarch Dentist

-time management needs of patients varies and requires quality customer service attention

-management is having to adapt to changes due to growth of the contact center

- co-workers are hard workers and should receive advanced pto/sick time

-employer will implement schedule changes without notice with the statement of "to meet companies needs" / bonus structure is determined by conversion rates which include calls that are "true non conversion" calls. Too much control enforced by using the structure of broad guidelines in the employee handbook (tardy/absence) which allows the employer a final say over the employee's employment status. An employees attendance is easy for implementing control pressure and reminder of that the employer is over an employee therefore it's best to do what is "requested" by the employer to meet company needs, Employment status is according to personal judgement and overall at the hand of the manager and is enforced via using the idea which is defined by the term "trends" in the handbook. regardless of good attendance as an employee the reminder of one's replacement (may lead to discipline and or up to termination) is included too often in emails and announcements that do not require such disclaimer in a "team oriented atmosphere"

-assisting patients with their dental hygiene and overall oral health
Excellent working enviorment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: none all around great
Maintained a steady work enviorment with result shown on a daily basis to help ensure self sufficiant work ethics and room for personal improvements.
no comment
Oral Surgery Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: no raises
Management is horrible, Doctors are verbally abusive, little to no chance for advancement. I was there for 5 years and got a $.55 raise. They will require you to relocate without any option, so if you like to up-root your life at random then this is the job for you.
Work environment with negative Vibes
Manager (Former Employee), IrvineOctober 26, 2013
A stressful place to work where management lacks mentorship abilities, and everyone seems to have their own agenda, without considering what is best for the group and the company. Co-workers not able to build trust in management, making the workday routinely tedious and many times unproductive. Most difficult part of working at this organization was the lack of decisiveness from executives which led to prolonged or postponed projects, ending in employee burn-out, where work-life balance became non-existent.
Challenging and changing environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 15, 2013
Pros: new challenges, stable job, employee involvement
Cons: missing guidelines and protocol, unprofessional management, room for advancement
I currently run reports to bill initial and periodic orthodontic account claims, work from programs that list accounts with outstanding claims and balances, audit account activity and make adjustments accordingly, contact insurance companies to check claim status and verify approved fees, train new employees for accounts receivable and management, manage current employees and approve adjustment requests, provide spreadsheets of accounts for mass adjustment projects, and the list goes on.
I love auditing and adjusting accounts. The satisfaction of correcting an account that could could have caused a lawsuit is what makes my day. I vision each account as my own and make sure I can stand by my actions if questioned.
The hardest part of the day is coming across an account with a problem that has not been addressed and getting a straight answer from management regarding adjusting or collecting from the patient.
I've learned a great deal from my current job, from how to use my time effectively to training and managing co-workers. My wish is to keep learning each day and overcome challenges along the way.
Overwhelming and stressful
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Irvine,CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: non... they don't celebrate any holidays. so you will be working some holidays..
Cons: everything about the company is a con
I worked for SmileBrands for 1yr. On my interview they told me how important it was for their employees to be happy in the company. Well that for sure was not true. They made so many promises and non were kept. I was overwhelm and stressed. I would have to cry to request a day off or to leave early if there was in emergency. And I'm a mom. Also every month there was a bonus and it was hard just to make bonus at the end of the month. They did everything so someone wouldn't get it. The pay was horrible $11 in hour and I mean horrible because its was a stressful job. They tell you its not sales but it sure is. The manager was making so much out of her employees because she wasn't giving them bonus. Honestly, I would prefer to work at a convenient store or even at IN & OUT.
People don't apply... Trust me... I was one of their top reps and I was unappreciated. There is no way anyone can move up in the company, but apply somewhere else.. Don't let them suck you into their world. Also that one year I was there I should of known from the beginning that it was horrible. People dropped like flies. No one would last longer than 1yr.
Stressful
Accounting (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 7, 2013
Year end obligations were demanding. Management was not the most helpful.
Areas for growth and opportunity
Operations Manager, Buyer (Former Employee), Irvine, CaNovember 20, 2012
Pros: lunch and learns, increased responsibility
Cons: high pressure, lack of resources
ability to work overtime
high turnover
assisted on digital retrofit for 300+ offices
led conference calls with multiple departments in multiple states
IT commodity buyer
great place in what they strive for Smiles for Everyone
Call Center Auditor (Former Employee), irvine,caMay 30, 2012
Pros: great location
Cons: horrible traffic and compensation packages
nothing negative to say. the place is a great place for any one who is looking for a career in dentistry.
fun workplace...with great monthly bonus
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee)August 31, 2011
It's a good company that helps u start ur call center experience. Co workers are great...company just relocated so the building is nice and new...