Smith's Food and Drug Employee Reviews

Fun environment and cool coworkers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 14, 2018
Coming from a different sister store down in Georgia, the employees are very welcoming and supportive and willing to help you out whenever you need it or if you ask.
Great starting job dont stay long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed all of the people i work with they never wanted to promote from within. If this is your first job i highly recommend starting here but always move up in life.
its interesting
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 11, 2018
I feel like im in the twilight zone most days. its definality a people watching job. you deal with a lot of customers. gives you a new understanding of grocery stores.
Pros
alot to learn
Cons
not enough help in the deli
This company is built off working their employees too hard
Freight Manager/Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunset/Layton/Farmington/Bountiful/Syracuse, UTJanuary 10, 2018
I was disrespected by management on a daily basis working for this company. Smith's will try to force you to work over-time, and make you think it's mandatory. I worked as hard as I could everyday. I was expected to break my back to the point where I developed back problems at 24 years old. I've never experienced a more negative work culture/environment in my life. The best way to describe my 10 years at Smith's is 'war with groceries'. Nothing less...
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Extremely bad management, Long hours, negative work environment
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 8, 2018
I started at Smith's in the warehouse as an Order filler. 5 years later and i am working in an office for Kroger Corporate. I like the atmosphere and the opportunity to make good money.
Pros
discount, 401k match
Cons
not a lot of holidays off
Stays busy
General Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 6, 2018
Good place to work to stay busy but will only hire for part time and want you to work full time hours so don't have another job when applying for to work for this company.
Smith's is all about work and policies
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 5, 2018
This is all listed in my resume. i work with Smith from 1989-2000 than again in 2004-2008.
I started as a Deli Manager over seeing a complete team responsiablitiews. Then went to running the front end team to store manager.
Great Career Starter.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVJanuary 2, 2018
Smiths is a wonderful place to work. They are mostly open to last minute schedule changes, very friendly atmosphere. Can be stressful at times. Management is sub-par, communication needs work, work ethics are okay. Needs improvement in these areas. But overall, its a great career starter, with the option of advancement.
Learning environment
Journeyman Butcher (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 2, 2018
This is a great company to work for. They took someone in as a new employee and trained me as a certified meat cutter and provided me all the necessary tools to excel at my position. I lived out of state and had to quit to move back home or I would still be there.
High Stress work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 1, 2018
Very high stress and no help. Hard to work a graveyard shift as well.Expected too much out of one person. It is a good company if you stay on the front end and have good people to work with.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
They expect you to do the maximum amount of work with limited resources. If you are struggling to get by they cut your hours so you end up behind on mortgage and bills.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Fun and Fast Paced Environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with the employees at Smith's Food and Drug. Most of management is amazing and understanding. I enjoyed the fast pace of cashiering. I learned that no matter the experience of the customer in the store they will always remember how they were treated by the cashier. The roughest part of the job was not knowing what my actual scheduled for a week until the Friday before, so having childcare set up was difficult.
Pros
I really enjoyed the associate discount.
Cons
The thing that was hard was not knowing scheduled for a week til the Friday before.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 28, 2017
I would have liked to move up with this company
The opportunity seems to be limited for promotion
I don't really have anything else to say about this but it won't let me close it out.
it was productive and enjoyable
Floor Technician stocker (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 27, 2017
i would show up to work at night and be greeted by my fellow employees with a good morning and a smile and that would make the rest of the work night an enjoyable experience i always had a good time working and learning new things about the job and my co-workers
Pros
fun place to work and shop
Cons
not open 24 hours anymore
Bad time
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 19, 2017
The job was not the best in any way. The management is terrible they do nothing themselves but will give you a harsh time for any reason they can find.
district staff and unrealistic expectations
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 18, 2017
i work 50+ hours a week and bust my butt but it's never good enough. there are so many things that they want done but dont give you tje tools to do so.
Busy Location
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2017
Very fast since customer's are face-to-face you enter prescription , fill prescription and bill prescription. Let the pharmacist educated patient about medication. Maintain inventory.
Pros
busy
Cons
salary increase are rare
Managers are inconsiderate to most employees
No Comment (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTDecember 5, 2017
The job is good if you have done it before and have enough help and training. They weren't willing to accommodate either of these requests and just kept pushing more and more and didn't care that people worked 50+ hours just get it done.
Clickish
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Casper, WY 82604December 1, 2017
If you are not one of the favorites or part of a click they don't seem to acknowledge you really. It would be nice to see more appreciation for your work.
Pros
Great customers, face paced
Cons
Short breaks, not enough criticism, not well communication, not enough training
Great place to learn a trade
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTNovember 24, 2017
Smith's is a great start to a learn the grocery business and they are very willing to train and promote those willing to push to provide great service. Benefits are some of the best in the food industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith's Food and Drug. Our community is ready to answer.