Smith's Employee Reviews

Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYNovember 30, 2017
Start of shift help customers with meat or cheese, cold salads, and food from a hot case. Food prep for sandwiches, dips, and cheese. Working with ovens and fryers.
Store management played favorites with coworkers on job promotions and disciplinary actions.
Dealing with Management that didn't want you around anymore and treated you like you were invisible.
Pros
Making a few good friends
Cons
Store Director, and Management team
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere and employees. I also enjoyed meeting new people. I love cooking. My customers and I built a relationship the respected me they knew I'd take care of them when they came to the deli. Never a full moment.
fun workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89104November 26, 2017
the management was great and all co workers got along well with each other. i learned skill to be able to provide excellent customer service to customers that came in and make them leave the store a good experience
Pros
free time
Cons
breakes
Fast paced
grocerry bagger- Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2017
I would help bagged the customers items and hlp them out to the car I would clean the store and stock the shevlfs. I learn the store and where everything is so I could do my job a lot faster.
Far too fast paced
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
As a courtesy clerk, your main responsibility is to bag groceries, clean restrooms, sweeping the isle floors, and keeping the parking lot clean. All while under a very fast paced environment. They expect you to be very fast paced, and very accurate, which can be very stressful and may overwhelm you.
Cons
Stressful, far too fast pased
Fun Environment
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2017
Bake, packaging, taking orders, customer service, closing and opening shift. Attending vary job duties. Working team work. Preparing cake orders. Answering phone orders.
Whatever you want it to be
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 26, 2017
I worked at Smith's as a summer job. It was one of the most neutral jobs I have ever worked. It wasn't bad or good, it was just a job.The people are great and the hours are good.
Pros
Discounts on products
It was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 22, 2017
Good atmosphere to workout good people and management I was there just over two years I got paid weekly I was in the fuel center witch was good it was my own place
Did a lot of jobs, worked a lot, not enough pay or benefits
Money Services, Checker (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJune 23, 2017
Got hired as a money services/customer service booth person. Once they realized I was a good checker they gave me a lot of hours doing that, got asked if I wanted to advance. Then got passed over for a relative of another manager with the same experience as myself. I stayed there much longer because some of my coworkers made it worth it at times.
I loved the feeling of helping people and seeing I had done something useful in the day (stocking, scanning, helping people with bill pay or Western Union)
GReat
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 11, 2017
Its great place to go shopping everyone thee is very helpful in every situation I love the working there its everything about that place its a good place to work
good place to work, especially for adjustable schedules
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 25, 2017
Good work enviroment, love working with people on a daily basis. Everyone knows their jobs and are expected to perform them. I have built up a great customer clientele
Pros
company provides activities for all groups
bueno, con buen ambiente de trabajo
cajero vendedor (Former Employee) –  estados unidos de americaApril 23, 2017
buen equipo de trabajo, crecimiento laboral, buen sueldo.
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
no tengo ninguno
What i have learned
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2017
I have become more of a people person being able to work with all cultures. The hardest thing about working here is that I am sitting all day and I am used to being in a fast paced enviroment.
Fun but professional
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time here as a previous employee. Management communicated well and made sure that I could always communicate with them in a comfortable way but keep it professional at the same time.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 14, 2017
Some days can be hard depending on customers that comes through
Management are pretty cool
Co-workers will always lighten up your day
Great place to work.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT 84770January 2, 2017
A typical day at work was busy. While I worked there I learned a lot about working with people, customer service, and keeping customers happy. The management was great and my co-workers were great to work with. The hardest of the job was working in the heat in the summer and the most enjoyable part was working with people.
great pay and benefits
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMSeptember 28, 2016
Unless you brown nose your way through this company you will get practically no where, the second managers tag you as something that's the way it will stay the entire time you're employed
I love my co-workers and in store management
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTAugust 3, 2016
Great high volume retail pharmacy atmosphere. Not any options in pharmacy outside of in store retail positions or more clinical positions in this area.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Limited to retail
Great Place But...
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 27, 2016
I only worked at Smith's for three weeks. I would have enjoyed working longer, however, I was fired for "not going to work" The problem was with management. I was told to speak with my supervisor to get a detailed work schedule, however, my supervisor seemed confused himself. He gave me a schedule up to a certain day, then told me he would be in touch if I was to come into work. Next thing I know, I am getting a phone call from HR telling me that I haven't been to work and that my employment was terminated

The work environment was great. I really enjoyed my co-workers, however, management needs to step up their game. I was told when I was hired that the turnover for Smith's was very high. I don't think people were quitting their jobs because they didn't like them, I think they were being terminated because management fails to communicate.
Pros
Nice Place to Work
Cons
Management doesn't communicate
Worst job I have ever had
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2016
Working at smiths was absolutely horrible. I worked in a severely understaffed bakery, was forced to work full time when I didn't want to, I was given a list of things to accomplish everyday and it was impossible to complete everything because there was supposed to be another person there helping! I never took breaks, had to go 8 hours without eating just so I could accomplish as much as possible and I was only paid $9 an hour. The management (especially HR) was unprofessional, and did not care about my concerns when I tried to bring them up.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, overworked, no breaks