Smith's

Smith's Employer Reviews

This company stifles your potential.
Bagger (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJune 14, 2014
Smith's doesn't recognize your hard work or anything you do. They also disrespect you because you are "only a bagger".
not a fun place to work do not work here. management is very sucky, and they dont really know how to manage.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Taos, NMMarch 4, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: cons the shortest lunch break of my life 15 minutes.
fast pace work environment.
Please the customer or else your fired.
Productive fun work place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: everything
Orchestrated all calendar management and logistics for meeting scheduling including transportation, lodging, food, and entertainment.
Management were professional, co-workers were professional, there were no hardest part of working there, and the most enjoyable was going to work everyday.
Constomer Service, thrived off sales
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, UTDecember 11, 2013
Pros: heath care
Cons: short breaks
A day at work is rewarding because of the enthusiasm of the managers in getting things done in a orderly fashion.
My co-workers are friendly and kind, they liked to motivate others and have fun.
The hardest part about the job is that fast paced so I had to work in a stressful environment and we were the busiest store in Utah.
The most enjoyable part – more... was to see the customers happy and resolve conflict.
What I learned about this job was to have outstanding work ethic in a stressful environment while attending the needs of the consumer. – less
Fast paced, busy environment, serving high volumes of customers with different needs.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Midvale, UTNovember 18, 2013
Pros: love meeting new people each day. enjoy seeing and becoming friends with repeat customers.
Cons: no breaks, very rushed to close and balance transactions at end of day at 9 pm, have only 15 minutes to balance everything before you are required to clock out
Full service Customer Service Booth. Open daily 9 a.m to 9 p.m. Open service booth by counting till starting at $3000.00. Responsible for the security of money in till. Help customers with money service needs, Cashing Checks, Store returns, credits, exchanges, Answering high volume of phone calls, sell of SmithTix events, Bill Pay, Money Orders, Western – more... Union, sell of variety of UTA Bus Passes thru, fill Balloon Orders, Make keys, organize Lost and Found items. Constantly keeping the service booth cleaned and organized in a professional business manner.

At end of day close service booth. Balanced daily reports. Securely locked and secured the area. – less
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZSeptember 13, 2013
Stock and organize merchandise, Assist with customers, Build displays, Team work, Maintenance, Inventory
Smith's
Take back items to proper area for sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas NevadaJuly 17, 2013
Long hours and no help at all. Had to work in the sun for 30 mins bringing in carts because they only have one baggier
Customer service and promoting sales
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2013
Pros: customers service
Cons: n/a
Interacting with customers and employee. Promote sales, and control shrink and maintaining margin goals.
Fun workplace
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee), Vernal, UTJune 3, 2013
Pros: the enviroment
Cons: very short breaks
Customer sevice, bagging groceries, register. I learned how to handle cutomers with their issues.Management was fun but very very strict. My coworkers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was working really long hours with very short breaks. Best part was the enviroment
Productive company/ Great Employees
Field Technician/Heat Tree (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: air conditioned plant
Cons: enjoyed my job in every way
I worked with some great people. Experienced and gained knowledge of great work ethic's from my overall experience with schlumberger.
Ok place to work, management was unfair
Public relations, fast pace work place, customer (Former Employee), Carson City, NVMarch 1, 2013
I would bag groceries, deal with customers who were upset or needed help, answer the phone, relay messages, and clean.
Great ethics and great place to move up in company
Store manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: room for growth
Cons: must be very dedicated
Smith's is very demanding on managers so they may stay ahead of competition. The area is very competitive and requires the stores to be top of their game daily. This is a very good thing and keeps us on our toes and ahead. We are challenged daily to be our best and expect the best . I am proud to be a Smith's associate.
Good place
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good employees
Cons: had to leave
I started out as a bagger and worked my way to fuel center then greater then customer servive and then non foods and last checker. i loved the job but wanted something new for a job. so yes short and simple.
productive and excellant people to work with
Director Operations ,Global Strategic Projects (Current Employee), Morton Grove, ILSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: excellant hard working employees
Cons: health care and benefits
fast paced demanding environment with hard working people.
No core values
Lead Baker (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYMay 24, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: everything
Too many chiefs not enough Indians concept...

doing two people jobs and still get yelled out because I'm not out in 8 hrs.. get static for taking a lunch after working 8 hrs
Not a secure place to work.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), NE Albuquerque, NMFebruary 13, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: no hours
I started working there and was receiving good pay. I was getting good hours. Then about a month into it they cut my hours dramatically, and were bouncing me from one smith's to another until finally they just stopped putting me on the scheduele. then a few months later they called to offer me another job but I declined.
Fun working and easy
Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 9, 2011
Pros: fun
Cons: great poeple
I had a great experience working for this company because it taught me to be more independent and communicate with others. It also taught me how to handle money properly.
new experience
Chef De Partie (Former Employee), Tower bridge, LondonDecember 31, 2012
Pros: long break
Cons: not pay much
busy.
work with fish.
good.
stove, grill, oven and salamandra.
saturdays.