Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

Good products and overall company environment
Sr. Mgr, Corporate Accounts and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Overall a good place to work with very good products to support and people to work with. Communication could be improved by more cooperation of tasks focused on the customer.
No career advancement / poor management
IT Vendor Manager / Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2017
If you want to work somewhere that will not value your input and will hire the least qualified people for leadership, well you have come to the right place. As you work hard each day, they will find fault and will place you behind a mountain of process. Teams do not work together and the morale among employees is very low.
Pros
Leaving work each day (If you don't have to work overnight)
Good product line
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
Good people but the structure was off, lots of management who didn't get their hands dirty, not enough non-management to service the clients. Good products.
Cash Application/Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2017
good people the environment can get stressful and the end of the month. the company had real good benefits. and management was willing to show ways to improve your skills
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressfull
No longer in business that I'm aware of
Rewind Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2017
It was ok. Supervisors left you alone. They mainly wanted to stay in the air conditioned office. Checked on you every now and again. As long as the quota was met you could do what you wanted.
Smith & Nephew
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 7, 2017
Smith & Nephew was a very quick paced, competitive environment. Ii left the company because I relocated for family reasons. Would recommend organization to others.
Pros
Salary, loaction to home, other benefits
Cons
Quick paced
workplace culture
Quality Assurance Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coyol,ALSeptember 6, 2017
In smith-nephew is a great place to work because the staff is very committed to the integral development of the company, every day I am very proud to work here, every day we demonstrate with our work that we want to grow.
Productive and driven company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 1, 2017
Company is productive and driven, although it is very difficult to advance within the company. It took me 8 years to be promoted to a management position, although I had been managing without the title for about 3-4 years.
Pros
Cons
Career advancement can be a very lengthy process.
OK place for temp/contract work
Cost Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
It seems like an ok place to work, but I have worked at places I liked much better. It seems they are in constant scramble mode to save money, but heads, reduce budget. While this is not uncommon, I know, it seems to be a constant struggle here. Also, very rarely do positions open up for advancement. As big is the acct/finance staff is, when a position opens up, it usually stays open for a very long time before approval is given to hire replacement. This means there are few chances to advance.
Pros
Decent cafeteria on premises
Cons
Not great part of town, in large plant facility
Very Good
Any (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 28, 2017
Treat employees well. Good culture. Have been behind a few trends because of explosive growth, but the company is maturing and changing practices to reflect this
Decent place to work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2017
Ok place to work. Money decent. Benefit pretty good. Hours long but allows for fewer days worked weekly. Management petty. Environment and laid back. Thumbs up.
Professional work environment with training support and opportunities to excel.
Wound Care Specialist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2017
Long hours to prepare for sales calls were required because of the number of products and my personal lack of clinical experience. Someone with a healthcare background can look forward to excellent product and sales training, long hours behind the wheel and good management support. Not confident in the algorithm they used for reimbursing travel expenses, but products are top shelf.
Pros
Training, management support while in the field.
Cons
Long hours of driving and presentation preparation.
It really just depends on where you work at
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2017
It depends on where you work. In packing you dont get to move up in the company. Everyone is very rude and other things there. The managment sucks....
They fed the people well and a moderately friendly atmosphere
Accounts Payable Specialist/Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 22, 2017
Not as organized as one would think a 4 billion dollar outfit should be? Some contractors have worked 3+ years without being brought on FT. Many employees wonder about the lack of communication in general.
management
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2017
This is by far the worst experience I have ever had as an employee of any company. I was threaten by a supervisor at work and had co-workers letters to back up my claim. Management sweep it out under the rug. I eventually resigned from the company and never looked back.
confusing and with out direction
Director Global Total Rewards (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2017
Management does not have a clear vision on how to succeed. Each year they change the direction. Current focus is on multiple things (cost, sales, automation, re-orgs,, etc). They want to be a GPTW but don't put any actions to the words. The last culture survey they glossed over the management short falls and ignored the lack of succession planning. Their preference is to hire from the outside and their is no development.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Day can start at 5am and end at 11 pm. bad communication and work life balance
Exposed to Lean Six Sigma and FDA regulations
Lean Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2017
Exposed to Lean Six Sigma which was good for job advancements. Could not effectively use the methodology because now one worked as a team. It was every man/women for them selves. To much politics and very buddy-buddy.
Good Place To Work
Finnish II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2017
Smith and Nephew is a good company to work for. There is still room for improvement. The work culture needs some work and the upper management could be better informed.
Many moving parts. Constantly switching gears
Logistics Coordinator O.S.C (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
Not a bad place to work at all.
Need to be on your toes, make sure to follow up / through.
Listen to internal customers, take notes and have a can do attitude.
Unfortunately, in my experience, we were understaffed in an extremely fast paced environment with constant shifting priorities & many moving parts which left little room for "proper training".

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and the individuals I worked with
Pros
Pay & Benefits. Lunches & snacks
Cons
Little training, breakdown in communications, no follow through
Overall, average plus to work at
Clinical Trial Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2017
Have been working at this company for past 4 months. Its okay to work at. Fair amount of workload. Okay type coworker. Hope it would be better if employees could involve extra activities that they could involve outside the work.
Pros
Okay
Cons
Okay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith & Nephew. Our community is ready to answer.