Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
The workflow shifts from day to day. Some days are very quiet and uneventful and other days are non stop requests. It has been a great opportunity to learn SAP and Hyperion. Management has shown great respect for work life balance.
Good benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2017
This was a great company but unfortunately the UK made this a bureaucratic circus after the closure of the St Pete office. There is a culture battle with the US that affects people's motivation.
Pros
A company with a lot of cash, more than 160 years in business.
Cons
Limited direction from the upper management.
Great culture, poor management
Senior Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2017
Smith & Nephew Austin in a great place to work and compensates their employees well but there is a disconnect between the day to day struggles and upper management. Very encouraging to explore new avenues but money and resources always seem to be tight when work needs to be done.
Awesome community
Quality Assurance Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2017
This is the type of company I have been looking for. The managers are here to help you learn and grow in your field.
I also love the community/culture at Smith and Nephew Fort Worth.
Cons
i would like more discounts for things in my community and for everyday use (like phone, hotels, etc.)
Relaxed environment
Surgical Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2017
Show up to work, do your job, everything is good. It's the perfect environment for people willing to do there job. The job requires some getting used to but overall highly recommended.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
pay is slightly low
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJMarch 27, 2017
• Provide case support to the medical staff in the operating room by assisting the rotating nurse, directing the scrub tech with instrumentation preparation and guiding the attending surgeon with regards to proper technique during procedures.
• Consult and educate orthopedic surgeons on the clinical benefits of particular products to improve patient outcomes using resources such case studies, articles and in-office product demonstrations.
• Responsible for making sure instrumentation trays are in order, sterilized properly and present for each case along with the disposable devices.
Progressive public company
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 20, 2017
Great atmosphere, engaging people.
The company is looking to grow quickly.
They are open to M&A in their road to growth.
London-Based company but with locations in the US
This is a good app
Sr. Distribution Associate / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2017
Working at Smith&nephew have open up a lot of opportunity for me. The company put me through school and i become a manager for the company. Smith&nephew is a great job to work for and have great opportunity.
Great Place
Sr. Human Resources Generalist /Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2017
I happen to have enjoyed my time at this place. I was employed through a 3rd party and I really enjoyed my position. Greta place. Most people stay....
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Dont really know
Smith & Nephew
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
Smith and Nephew was a great place to work. I obtained many skills while there. My growth span has allowed me to venture to other areas. Smith and Nephew has great training and the management is very helpful to assist you to go to the next level.
Pros
Teamwork atmosphere
Productive and fun work place
District Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2017
It is a very busy place to work and very challenging but, rewarding. There are many different shifts and flexibility. The benefits and time off are generous.
Pros
Management allows you to do your job with empowerment
Cons
In the past there has been high turnover
Great Place to Work!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2017
Work Environment is A+

Great Benefits

Many process changes taking place. Some leadership changes across the company.

Highly regulated environment.
Orthopedic Joint Manufacturer
Reconstructive Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2017
As stated in my earlier review of Smith&Nephew, excellent company, management, and products

Representatives allowed sales flexibility to maximize sales efforts
Poorly managed
mobile osc (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 19, 2017
I spent 1.5 years working here as a driver.They said I would be on the road 90% of the time.Not the case.They wanted more of me,being able to schedule things needed for surgery.All this,with a harassing tone from manager,who seemed to have great hours.I had a great co-worker,but although I never missed a day,or was late,there was no appreciation,monetarily,or otherwise.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
No benefits, whatsoever
wow
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 18, 2017
A typical day at the job was great. It was filled with hard work but there were a lot of great people there. I definitely recommend this company to work for.
Production Manufacturing
Finisher I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
A good place to work without room for advancement or overtime. Management ask for employees to complete surveys for a good company to work survey, but there are never any considerations for employee suggestions.
Pros
Multiple off days
Cons
No overtime or promotions
contract worker
Strategic Procurement Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
I worked at Smith and Nephew for a couple of years in their procurement department as a contingent resource. This was great on one hand because I was in school and it allowed me alot of flexibility but on the other hand it was frustrating because while my position was a constant need, the company refused to make those positions permanent in order to save on the cost of benefits. This was a common practice throughout the company. However the people who did have permanent positions, enjoyed great benefits.

Culturally the company is very competitive and pushes for results and savings. This high pressure environment sometimes led to shady practices for employees so that they could make their goals and preserve their position in the company. This is one of those companies that is always re-organizing and changing structures. they are big on innovation.
Productive and employee focused workplace
Quaility Inspector (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2017
The best part of this job was how caring and understanding they've been for family emergencies. The company gave the employee's numerous activities to partake in outside of strict production.
Pros
year set schedule
Cons
short lunches
overall
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2017
working here was great. management was great and job culture was very laid back but you are required to do your job effectly. advancement at this job is very likely if you are a good worker.
Employees run the company no supervision allowed.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Work 14 to 16 hour days want you to work on your days off. HR department completely use less. You can not make any decisions without first seeing the plant manager. They want results without allowing and inputs. The place is the definition of insanity.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smith & Nephew. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval