Smith & Nephew

Smith & Nephew Employee Reviews

FUN LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Packer (Former Employee), Memphis,TNJune 16, 2015
Pros: Treated to a great steak dinner
Cons: Not a job if you have children because you want have time to spend with them
AT THIS PLACE I GOT MY FIRST WAREHOUSE EXPERIENCE AND IT WAS INDEED INTERESTING .IT'S A COMPANY WHERE YOU WILL WANT TO STAY TO YOURSELF .
Poor management, rash decisions
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Easy commute, cafeteria, occasionally bought us pizza
Cons: Poor Management, no growth opportunities, workers not treated with respect by management
I loved my position. The work was challenging, yet manageable. I had a great team, though they were quite discouraged with the management. As their supervisor, they would come to me often with ideas for process improvements, but they were usually shrugged off by those above, even with my enthusiastic support. Management seemed disorganized and only bottom-line focused. They were not concerned for employees. There was no loyalty, or accountability. There was minimal to no training available. There was little or no room for growth, and we had high turnover because of that. The manager I worked for would take credit for your ideas or anything to make herself look better, and use you as a scapegoat if any issues arose. She also would not promote people based on their work and abilities... but rather their fashion sense. It was very much like being in High School again. Extremely unprofessional. Everyone joked about not being in the 'popular crowd'. They outsourced most of our jobs to India. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to realize that they get what they pay for. Cheap service is not good service. And customer service is even more important to the bottom line than pinching pennies. I anticipate they will be hiring everyone back in a year like other companies in the area.
Terrible culture
Marketing (Current Employee), AndoverMay 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Culture, healthcare benefits, hours
There is absolute no work/life balance here.
Management is awful, people are all rude and self centered.
Terrible place to work
Very interesting career with incredible employees.
Assistant Sales Representative (Current Employee), Putnam, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: Feels good to be part of something that creates a better life for several people.
Cons: Incredible amount of time spent in my car.
A typical day of work would involve me traveling between hospitals and meeting other representatives to receive and deliver medical equipment, as well as meeting with doctors to review any new equipment or coordinate with them the tools being used in specific surgeries. I find this job to be incredibly informative due to the fact that I'm allowed to surround and absorb knowledge from some of the most brilliant people in the world. As far as management is concerned, I have a boss who is a great person. He tells me what surgeries I need to bring equipment to and when I need to meet with various doctors. The best part about this job is that I basically work for myself as long as I complete the tasks given to me by my employer. And I've never had a time where I've missed a meeting or not gotten equipment to where it needed to be on time.
No room for gowth
Payroll Coordinator and HR Support (Current Employee), Andover, MAMay 21, 2015
Smith & Nephew is a place where you are hindered from growth and the culture is not a positive experience. You are in a place where there is no encouragement to move up or have longevity.
Wonderful position with challenging responsibilities.
Wireless Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 13, 2015
Looking for a job which allowed you to use all of your previous experience and talent. Nice company, people seemed to love there job so much, until they weren't friendly.
Workplace that combines the bottom line with passion for the patient.
Customer Service Coordinator III (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunity and excellent benefits
Smith & Nephew Advanced Wound Management is a global medical technology corporation that provides high quality medical products, medical education and services supporting initial wound bed preparation through to full wound closure, enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems.
I was part of a great team that supported medical education, sales support, and patient information about the best practices for the extensive product line. I ensured all orders were processed and filled to meet the customer’s needs. I worked with many that shared the need to help end users, while meeting and exceeding the budgeted expectations.
Professional....Community Driven....
Marketing/Product Communication Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis TNApril 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule/Professional
Cons: Micro Managment
Smith-Nephew is a very professional environment and flexible workplace with outstanding oppurtunties. There are several different departments such as marketing, finance and manufacturing.
Mfr, medical instruments; Great company to at
Packager Inspector (Current Employee), Memphis,TN. Brooks Rd.April 21, 2015
Pros: Helps with education tuition.
Cons: Working on weekends 12 hours each day
Detail is a must to achieve within Smith & Nephew. Always new devices , procedures and audit to comply government rules, to avoid mass recalls
Very professional work environment
Director Compliance - Professional Affairs (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 10, 2015
Long hours can be the norm while working at this company. Expectations are high and sometimes resources are constrained even though the company is highly profitable.
Wonderful work place, people are helpful and nice all the time
Product Communication Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2015
a typical day would be contact from outside sales requesting materials for hospitals.
I have learned that the people here are god to each other, which makes for a better work environment
My boss is great, he depends on me to complete my work with very little supervision, which I do very well
The hardest part of my job would be the fact that I don't have enough to do, therefore the learning process is slow. I'm the type of person who needs to be busy all the time.
The most enjoyable part is the people, hands down the best
Productive fast paced environment
DC1 (Current Employee), memphis,tnMarch 3, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits, 401k plans and safety
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is consistent routine. I have learned to work with the SAP system. Management is great. My coworkers are amazing individuals. The hardest part about the job is confused patterns. The most enjoyable part of work is lunch time.
Fast paced
Senior Machinist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: cafeteria mon-fri, great tuition reimburstment
Cons: high cost benefits, rotating shifts eliminated overtime time, employee bonuses taken away
A company that has been around almost 150 years. Smith and nephew seems to be growing rapidly, but lack the man power to keep up with demand. I feel this is a great company that will be around for many years to come, but I must move on to gain new experience and growth
Productive place to work
SAP Funtional Power User (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Customer satisfaction is the focus of the business. I learned about commitment, responsibility, and dedication. Most employees enjoy their job and understand that quality is important.
Advancing leader in the medical device industry
Senior Global Compliance Auditor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Smith and Nephew is an advancing leader in the medical device industry. Excellent opportunities in Research and Development.
Diverse and dynamic workplace, manufacturing and selling products that save lives
Master Data Specialist/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: running trails in the hill country close by, flexible hours, beautiful campus and buildings
I really love working at S&N, the atmosphere is fast paced and cutting edge business wise but at the same time emphasis is placed on wellness and life balance.

I have learned tons, gotten healthier myself thanks to the corporate culture that strongly supports employee fitness and wellness.

It is exciting and satisfying to work for a medical device firm that every day saves lives and impacts in many positive ways our clients and the public at large.
Great company
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee), Hull, UKJanuary 12, 2015
Family friendly company. Great career progression opportunities. Felt involved in all aspects of studies and had ownership.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Andover, MAJanuary 7, 2015
It was a great work place and I was able to be creative in my work, and I learned a lot through my previous supervisor.
Love This Place
Job Titles/Duties- Packager/ Inspector (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
Good People
Good Managment
Good Benifits
All over a great place to work at
productive and relaxed
Certified Inspector/Packager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2014
a typical day at work consist of packing and inspecting orders working with friendly driven motivated group of people. The most enjoyable part is being able to work at different pace . the hardest part would be knowing the importance of your occupation and it makes you nervous to know that others are depending on our product for survival.

1 2 3 4

About Smith & Nephew

Smith & Nephew can't make you hip, but it can make you a hip. Focusing on orthopedics, wound care, and endoscopy, the firm makes – Read more

Smith & Nephew Salaries