Smith & Wesson

Smith & Wesson Employer Reviews

slave drivers
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee), Springfield massNovember 22, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: hours and days worked
If you like working 6pm to 6am two days on two days off and working every other Fri sat sun nights this is the place for you just pray your not married or have kids because you won't be spending time with them you'll be to tired all the time I was making about 28.00 dollars but my home severely suffered so I left taking a job for about 5 dollars an hour less my sleep pattern and home life improved smith and Wesson is not for everybody
fun place
slled gun fitter (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 16, 2014
Pros: learing new things
Cons: long long hours
hard work is rewarded new things every day advancement is very easy
Awesome
Data entry/Clerical duties (Current Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 16, 2014
I've learned the proper definition of a gage and what they are used for in the world of firearms. I also learned to calibrate (inspect) plug gages.
Over all a good place to work, great people and good benefits and pay
Machine Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: company christmas party, summer outings, special ice cream days, excellent cafateria
Cons: hot, not very clean could have better saftey policy
Very good place to work, great people, good management, Learned a lot about production, how to manage time, learn different types of machinery, different types of quality and inspection processes. there was a lot of jumping around from dept. to dept.Over all I enjoued working there.
loader
floater / loader (Former Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 7, 2014
load machine instal studs and side plates my co-workers were very helpfull
Quiet Place
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 4, 2014
Very quiet place and very career oriented employees. Always willing to help you out and make you succeed.
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work is 9:00am - 5:30pm

Please see my resume to view what I've learned

Management is wonderful

My co-workers are wonderful

The hardest part of the job is trying to help difficult customers

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work for one of the most reputable gun manufacturers in the world
Good place
Maintenance (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 17, 2014
Great place, great benefits, everyone is a family, there is always something to do and the learning always grows
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 22, 2013
This was an amazing company to work for. It's a shame that it was a temp position.
Best Company I ever worked for.
Broach Machine Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 13, 2012
Pros: excellent wages.
Cons: there located only in mass.
Smith n Wesson is a Company that has been around for over 100 years. There is a sense of Pride that goes along with the name that all employees carry with them. Very organized and dedicated place to work. High paced Manufacturing and Production. They cover a whole array of skills and items to make and sell, and train on the job. I Worked here for over five years and the only reason I left is because I relocated to N.C. to be with my children. I wish I could have brought that company with me, but there's only one and it's in Mass. I learned a lot there from Shipping and Receiving, to Machine Operating, to inspecting small parts, to u name it. Management is excellent. People are friendly. They compensate very well for all the different job positions. And there is always opportunity for growth and movement within the facility.
Good place to learn how to shoot firearms
House Certified CNC Operator/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment, excellent pay
Cons: short breaks
Assembling and trouble shooting firearms for shipment to several different locations staining and polishing firearms
I enjoyed working in a teem, creating something
Assembler (Former Employee), Springfield, MassachusettsMay 23, 2012
Pros: being picked up from temp status, to perm and making, good money
Cons: noisy
I worked hard to achieve my set goals. Management could be greatly improved on. my co-workers were friendly but management favored some and not others, this caused some conflicts. The most difficult was standing long periods of time in one spot on a cement floor. I enjoyed my accomplishments in every day completion of different projects.

About Smith & Wesson

Smith & Wesson has built a successful business shooting for the stars. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (operating through subsidiary – Read more