This position will be responsible for many tactical tasks and providing support for the Human Resources Department and for the site leadership teams. General duties will include assisting the HR Director with the recruitment and development of policies and training, leading the safety program to increase safety awareness, recommending program goals and objectives that align with site goals, supporting supervisors in all employee relation issues, and ensuring consistency and fairness with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Recruits, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resource functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance
- Coordinates company training and programs in areas such as performance management, promotions, hiring, terminations, sexual harassment and other topics
- Administers company Onboarding and Off boarding programs and training
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Assists with salary administrative program to ensure compliance and equity within the organization
- Assists in developing new company policies and procedures in alignment with the company’s vision and mission
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings companywide when needed
- Key responsibilities include positive employee relations, morale, and internal customer satisfaction
- Assist in the investigation and administration of workers compensation claims and cases
- As directed by Human Resources Manager, conducts human resource needs analysis and develops a plan of action to ensure optimum utilization of human resource services
- Assists other human resources, safety and operations personnel with initiatives and projects as needed to improve the business and support company goals
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Assist in developing and implementing a successful Canadian HR program
- Provides administrative resource functions as needed
- Conducts exit interviews in absence of supervisor
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports
- Coaches and mentors HR staff members, helping to train and develop the team
- Cross-train with other Plant HR personnel to gain familiarity of all facilities as a back-up
- May be assigned to assist or manage assignments in the areas of recruiting, talent management, training and development, benefit communication, legal compliance and operations support initiatives
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Promotes a harassment-free work environment
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Positive customer service attitude and work ethic
- Working knowledge of employment, labor and benefits and the respective laws that apply
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to use critical thinking
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced high-energy environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience and 5-7 years minimum Human Resource Generalist experience with emphasis on safety and employee relations
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience working with Safety, FMLA, AAP, Workers Compensation, and benefits administration.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) desired
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Canadian HR experience preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the functions, duties, or qualifications.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Indeed - 18 months ago