Smith Hanley Associates, LLC

Smith Hanley Associates, LLC Employee Reviews

Manage your own book of business
Recruiter (Current Employee), ChicagoAugust 10, 2015
Do you have superior business instincts? Are you persistent? Are you curious about people? These are some of the characteristics of the recruiting team you will find here at Smith Hanley. Recruiters here manage a particular book of business and the smarter they work, the better they do. The leadership team provides the tools and guidance to help recruiters be successful, but ultimately, it's up to each recruiter to produce results. Great office dynamic in a good location.
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Management, Compensation, Work-life balance
Cons: Quiet work environment
Smith Hanley Associates is a great place to work for those who are productive in an independent environment. The niche verticals allow you to become a subject matter expert and make confident recommendations for clients.

The amount of business you take on is up to you and there is no pressure to from upper management, unless you aren’t doing well. Management is always looking to help and make you comfortable in order to be the most successful you can be.
Productive and Collaborative place to work
Executive Recruiter/Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Good work life balanace, good training program, professional environment
Cons: growth opportunity
Smith Hanley Associates is a great place to work and promotes a very collaborative environment. Although we are identified as a boutique and niche recruiting firm, it is personally rewarding in the sense that I am constantly working cross functionally with my colleagues. It promotes an atmosphere of respect and healthy competition.

Being a boutique staffing firm, opportunities for advancement are slim, however when compared to the work life balance and satisfaction I get out of being hands on, I find it to be a great fit for myself. Our recruiters here are always looking to learn more and management is always open to fielding questions of any kind.

4 of 5 stars!
Opportunity to be entrepreneurial in a supportive environment
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee), Southport, CTAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Independence and compensation
Cons: Have to work hard to make the highest level of compensation, health benefits aren't as good as a larger company would offer, although they do have matching 401k!
The independence of running my own specialty niche is what attracted me to recruiting and to Smith Hanley. Of course, the high level of compensation that is possible didn't hurt either! It is a supportive environment but not an intrusive one and the support staff, database system and office setting couldn't be better. Roles are clearly defined so there is none of the fighting over candidates or clients that exists at some recruiting firms and the opportunity to own your own clients is open to everyone...not just owners. Associates are personable and just fun to work with. The longevity of the company and the reputation of the firm because of that integrity and longevity make recruiting that much easier.
Results Oriented
Vice President (Former Employee), Southport, CTMarch 29, 2015
Smith Hanley has a business model and if you stick with you will make good money. If you don't - you'll be buckling the system and not be that happy.
helpful staffing company
Consultant/SAS Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
I was a contractor with SHCG. Very friendly recruiters. Great to work with.
Great Place to Work!
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2013
Great Company to work for! Alot of opportunity for advancement and a great management structure! I would recommend this company to anyone!
Great Agency to work for
Global Study & Site Budget Specialist (Current Employee), Rahway, NJOctober 7, 2013
Smith Hanley is a great agency to work for! They're available at any time for questions relating to your HR needs. The only complaint I would have is the benefits are expensive for what you receive.
great new learning experience
Material Handler (Former Employee), Ridgefield, NJJune 6, 2013
Pros: using new types of machinery and early morning hours.
Cons: not guaranteed a full time position which i was looking forward to
Processing orders and packaging them safely to ship to customers.
I learned how to use a electric walker, which was tricky but interesting.
The hardest part was on slow days, lack of work.
The most enjoyment was the interest in the job task and the work environment.
I enjoyed the atmosphere and the organization of the company and the importance of maintaining sterile areas in certain parts.
Productive workplace
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2012
Small office atmosphere provided maximum concentration and focus. Promoted teamwork and good work/life balance
Headquarters