Smith Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

Focus is on providing the best care for residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2016
Love working and providing care to residents. The environment is clean and comfortable. Co-workers are easy to get along with. The facility is beautiful and I would welcome patients to live there.
Pros
wonderful residents
Cons
health insurance too expensive
Great Exposure to HR Concepts
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2015
Smith Senior Living is a great place to work for a really passionate and driven individual. I had excellent experience working in a multitude of different projects and concepts. I was exposed to many areas in HR and grew my knowledge exceptionally. I was offered the ability to customize my experience based on my main areas of interest, and felt very valued by my colleagues and supervisors.
Great Place to work, functions more like a family than a work place.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 4, 2015
This company is easy to work for, they truly care about their employees. It a fun highly active facility that really provided excellent care for their residents. Working here provides and opportunity to really get to know your residents and their family, which makes caring for them less challenging.
Pros
Meals provided, fair wage, friendly enviroment
Cons
Need more support from management esp. for nurses
Friendly place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
Friendly atmosphere. You get to know the residents, coworkers and employee. Smith Village Operates more like a close knitted community.
A very nice place with good people there
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
A typical day at work was always enjoyable. I learned to be a better person more and more. Management was always understanding and willing to help. My co-workers were very understanding also. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to the demands of the occupants of the building. The most enjoyable part was eating all the food.
Pros
benefits, nice food
Cons
no time off
A typical day at work
Life Enrichment Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
Chart review, in take assessment, program implementation and evaluation.
Productive, friendly and fun environment
Intern to the Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 17, 2013
Working as the intern I would do a lot of running around interacting with a lot of people from different departments. I would help schedule interviews, verify previous employment, daily clerical duty, assist the human resource department in verifying insurance information for employees. It was always a pleasure to go work everyone was very friendly from the receptionist at the front desk to the CEO of the company as well as the residents. I loved the fact that the corporate offices were in the same building among the apartments where the residents live. I think this makes the residents trust that everyone is there to make their living experience the best possible.
Pros
activities offered, the people, the work environment
Cons
n/a

4.5