Smiths Food and Drug

Smiths Food and Drug Employer Reviews

Great oppurtunity
Melon Bar (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 4, 2015
I think Smiths was a great opportunity. I loved the fact that I had the option to grow in the company and be promoted. It taught me to have patience and great customer service.
Customer contact was great
Cashier, stock, janitor, Customer Service!!! (Former Employee), Dayton, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits across the board
Cons: subjected to games, schedule changes, only by some management people on power trips.
If the company would hire store directors that are professional, That don't play favorites, It would be a much better environment to work in. If you can find a Smith's that does this...you could retire there.
If your not in the "clique", forget it, they can and will make something up to fire you like they did me. I can't even go in to the store to shop for my groceries. It's the only grocery store in a 30 mile radius.
Bad pay, rude co-workers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), NevadaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: easy job, working with guests
Cons: pay, co-workers, no benefits
A typical day at work is bagging groceries, bringing in groceries, cleaning, restocking, and helping guests out to there car. I learned what chemicals to use to clean, and how to properly bag groceries with what items. Also it helped me gain some muscle bringing in at least six carts at a time, there heavy! The management was pretty strong, they had things run very smoothly and were very strict. It was a very good first job. My co-workers were very rude, they didn't take me in and make me feel comfortable. They wouldn't help me when I would ask how to do a new job I was learning. I was luckily two of my friends from school were working there, but I would see them sometimes. The hardest part of the job was when I first learned because I had never had a job before and it was new for me learning new things and chemicals. The most enjoyable part was once I knew what I was doing I could go to work and know how to do it.
good company
assistant produce manager (Current Employee), sandyDecember 3, 2014
all of the managers are very helpful and are willing to work with your schedule.
I really enjoy my shifts.
I work everyday from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm
I don't like the way the corporate office do certain things.
Okay
Head Baker (Former Employee), Union, UTAugust 18, 2014
Okay pay
Never got breaks
Manager was rude and disrespectful
High demand workplace with little resources
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee), Layton, UTAugust 14, 2014
Pros: wages, benefits
Cons: short/no breaks, stress, management, hours, work all holidays and weekends, work is never good enough
Very high expectations with very little labor hours given. Expectations would keep growing but the help would stay the same. Management would degrade and belittle employees. The wages are high and benefits are pretty good. Can be a fun place to work on certain days but overall company morale is low. The company has a lot to work on as far as work/life balance and employee recongition.
enjoyable work
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Green River, WYJuly 28, 2014
cleaning, rotating products on shelves.
good people to work with
good pay for tasks
just didnt fit with my schedule and living arrangements
Great benefits and Compensation
Non-Foods Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2014
Pros: 401 k, health benefits, union
Cons: long seasonal hours, inventory
On a daily basis we would first maintain the sales floor by facing and merchandising sale items. We learned a lot about managing time, customer service and products. Management was always there and helpful. Co workers worked together to make the day seem as it went by with a breeze. The hardest part of the job at Smiths was the seasonal hours and inventory, but with great help it was less of a drag. The most enjoyable part of working at Smiths was the great people that you saw everyday and the benefits.
Good employees.
Lead Customer service manager (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZApril 18, 2014
Comapny is very well ran and has many employees that are invaluable to the company.
Okay Place to work at
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Gardnerville, NVApril 11, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: management, hours, low pay, no promotions, no benefits.
Its my first place of employment and I have been here for almost a year now. The only good thing i can really say is that my coworkers are easy to get along with and they are all hard workers. But I will say that it is one of the worst places to work at that I can think of. The management is really bad with everything, there's no room for advancement, we get no benefits and really bad hours and pay. The main front end manager treats her employees with little respect and dignity and never gives us our breaks (i have worked many days with no breaks). We go through so many baggers here because we get treated like dirt. If I didn't work in a small town, i would have left the place months ago.
Excellent company to work for
Bakery (Former Employee), Dayton, NVApril 1, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working with this company. There were plenty of opportunities to grow with in the company. My supervisor is a major influence in my work ethics. Working for this company, I lived about 5 minutes from work, as I gained experience, and they saw my reliability to the company.
Best company I worked for!
BAKER CAKE DECO DOUNT FRYER GM STOCKER CASHIER (Former Employee), This was the best company I worked forFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: picnics, safety bonuses, free lunches, mystery shopper rewards
Best on hand training you can get and always willing to stop and help out if you don't understand something.All management team was great even district managers. Best team of co-workers, never had a bad day,I loved going to work everyday.
Fun people to work with
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2014
My coworkers were awesome, the work is hard but doable, overall a fun place to work besides a few manangement personnel.
Not good employee management communications.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jordan, UTJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: fun fast paced job.
Cons: no benefits or hours.
It was a fun fast paced job but hard to get shift coverage. No benefits or hours.
Smiths Foods & Drugs
Diary Clerk (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 21, 2014
I overlooked the diary department, the food organizing, and whenever the front checkers need help id be called. I was the fast bagger,checker in that store, and amazingingly it wasn't my department. When it came to difficult customers and special orders, I would get that handled and customer was always pleased.
productive work place
Produce and Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), gillette, wyJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
not to exciting
good managers
great co-workers
job was fairly easy
Smiths Food and Drug
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Herriman, UTDecember 30, 2013
This was my first job. I actually really loved almost everything about working here other than how late they would have me working on a school night (back when i was in High School). My co-workers were great, my management was awesome. I loved helping customers when they needed me. I also liked how I wasn't stuck inside all day, but if I had to be inside I wouldn't mind. All around though, I liked it there.
It was ok for the most part they did try to make it fun sometime
cashier (Former Employee), frontendDecember 30, 2013
They were just not real ease to get time off. when I need it for my grandmothers Death. And i think they need to give there employes a little more training when the move people into different places in store.
overall review of my job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UTDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great medical benefits and working conditions
Cons: i don't have any
Morning meetings, reviewing sales overall. Going over weekly advertising. Making sure stores were merchandising items to the benefit and costs company's paid us to take their products. Meeting with company's for their slotting fees and locations in the stores. Writing ads weekly. Over seeing employees. Making sure all training for them were available. As well as making schedules weekly for employees. Being responsible for store inventory's. Management I can't say enough good about. I loved my job and the people I worked for as well as the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job, was for a period of time we were flying to our Calif. locations as much as 3 times a day. I wasn't fond of that. My most enjoyable part of my job was going to work, I loved my job and the people I worked for and with.
Very Flexible Hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTDecember 14, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: requires alot of patience
This job has very flexible hours, which is great because you can work around just about all schedules, school, home, another job etc.

1 2 3