Smiths

Smiths Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great pay, fun to work for and kept me on my game in life.
Cons: Busy sometimes not enough help
I worked with Smiths for 13 years. I truly enjoyed it till the end, I believe I was just getting burnt out. The company went through a lot of changes during my career there but mostly stayed the same. It is hard work and fast paced but it was also fun and enjoyable to work with the people there. I met my Best friend in life with the company and I had met many regulars that shopped and became friends with as well.
Highly productive, fast-paced, friendly work environment.
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Hudson, MAApril 5, 2015
My typical day at Smiths Connectors requires me to pro-act, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment to deliver responsive, on-time sales and financial data, effectively driving business requirements.
Works well with school schedules
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Syracuse, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friends, samples
Cons: almost never get a break when working alone, some people don't pull their weight
Smiths has been good to me so far. I have worked here since I was sixteen and they have always worked with me for the days I wanted and needed off. Communication is a big part of the job if you want to succeed. The hardest part of the job is when others don't pull their weight and you feel like you have to do double the work. Sometimes you work alone at night and it can get stressful, but it's all about time management. Make friends with people in other departments so you don't feel so stuck in your department you get miserable.
n/a
bagger (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2015
the job is very enjoyable I just want to be a cashier.i love helping

customers and letting them smile.the hardest thing about this job is

pushing baskets because after having kids it takes a toll on my back

my coworkers are great. a typical day at work is clock in go to the

parking lot get baskets for 30min then go bag do a little go backs do

carryouts
productive and fun workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), 850 s rancho dr 89106January 18, 2015
productive and fun workplace..........................................................
Great company, poor management.
Non-Foods Clerk (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: company i beleived in.
Cons: poor management
I loved working for Smith's but the management was very unprofessional. I received little to none on the job training.
Challenging yet rewarding for the most part.
Currently the Floral Department Manager (Current Employee), West Jordan, UtahNovember 18, 2014
It's basically what you would think of when you think about working in a grocery store. The other employees are what make this job fun at all. I imagine thats how it is at most jobs though. If you can handle the crazy people that come in and out of that place then you can handle the job no problem.
Good place to work, fun co workers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Farmington, UTNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work included bagging groceries, helping other departments when needed, and having good customer service.
Fast pace work
Nonfoods assistant manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2014
Pros: steady job with good benifiits
Cons: pay isnt enough
I usually come in at midnight and throw grocery stock for 8 hours straight and then write the order for the next load day.
Kroger is a large company with ever changing rules
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Grants, NMJune 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, loved the customers
Cons: too "clique-y, boss was difficult to get along with, poor hours
I loved working with this company initially because of the great co-workers and the customers. As time went on I found that you must be on the bosses good side, and be in her clique to get where you needed. I didn't fall into that and after 2 years and completing my work units required, I never even received my first raise.....
productive
Cashier/ Customer service manager (Former Employee), las vegasMay 7, 2014
Pros: great place to work
customer service, ringing customers up, money handling, inventory control, sales reports, answering customers needs
Smiths
Cashier and In Store Coordinator (Former Employee), Grants, NMApril 21, 2014
I had fun working here but there was never a guarantee about getting your hours.
Great management and Co-workers.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2014
The day at Smiths usually always went by fast. I didn't really learn much from this company. It was mostly using customer service skills and assuring the customer had a nice visit. Management were always very helpful making sure that all employees are on task and getting the job done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, which wasn't that often.
I needed a job
Material Handler/ Mover (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 30, 2013
I don't remember much of this place it was kind of a blur to me.
Typical Florist
Designer (Former Employee), Butler, PADecember 7, 2013
Pros: very flexible hours
Cons: extremely low pay rate.
I have worked in several floral shops of the years. Smiths was a typical shop but the wages and employee appreciation was very lacking.

I learned a lot about design while working here but I can only credit the management who left for similar reasons as I did.
very busy running
clerk (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 5, 2013
Pros: busy
Cons: no healt care
cleaning-sweeps-price checks-carts-helping custmers find items
good place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Lake Havasu,AZNovember 4, 2013
Smiths is a good company to work for. Good management and they take care of there customers too.
Great place to be, was fun and the day went by.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Alton, NHOctober 13, 2013
Pros: being in a work place that was fun
Cons: temp job and the job ended
My job was fast paced and the days went by fast. We all had fun and got our work done
Great company with excellent customer service.
Baker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good pay.
Each day I would go in and immediately start working. I would bake and work on a variety of other tasks during the day. I had to manage my time, so that I could get things baked off on time. Management would come in later in the morning, and they were always impressed with the amount of work I had completed. My co-workers were all awesome, and we all worked together as a team to accomplish daily goals. The hardest part of the job was working at four a.m., and the most enjoyable part was being constantly busy throughout the day.
On lunch i would play games that were in the store.
Freight Crew (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJuly 17, 2013
Pros: dicounts on merchandise
Cons: no long breaks
O n a good day at work I could usually get the majority of the load with no problem if I was not asked to go do something for someone else. I worked the co-workers I had as they would help me and I would help them as a team. It did;nt really matter to me if I worked with someone or by myself, ause I would still figure out how to get the job done.

About Smiths

GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture – Read more

Smiths Salaries