Smiths Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 4, 2017
Smiths was a terrible job. You were lucky if you got to work five hours a day or if you worked twenty hours a week. Pay was terrible and managers never communicated.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything
fun coworkers, great location
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTAugust 30, 2017
This was a temorary job until I finished school and went into my career field, I loved the (Syracuse) location and the people there! Worked well with my school schedule and coworkers were great to trade shifts!
Pros
great community, career advancement
Cons
not as many products as marketplaces
pharmacy retail
EXTERNSHIP -SMITHS #439 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2017
during my externship at smiths. everyone was great to work with. helpful and answered my questions.i learned alot working in the pharmacy. the pharmacist were very nice.
Pros
appreciation lunches were awesome
Cons
most workers were rude
All around associate
Cap team 2/ stocker / Bagger (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
I started doing the cart pushing I would be done with the carts when I help with the carry outs so many customers complimented me, I come work they promoted me to inside the grocery bagger learned how to stack & orderly sort the items in each bag. Soon after I was running the register I handle the customer well, I was offered a promotion to cap team.
Pros
I was able to move around learn a lot different job in the same organization.
Cons
I was always looked down on even when I show I can exceed the limits needed.
Hard Work Never Comes Easy
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at the job is very demanding and will never get easier. At times it doesn't seem like its worth it, however, you do have security that you will keep your job as long as you actually do your job.
Productive fun and respectful enviroment
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVAugust 10, 2017
I loved working for the Pahrump.Smith's, the people were amazing and respectful. Wish I could go back if I wasn't so far away. I would hope the Kroger stores were as good in Mississippi but unfortunately are not.
productive and enjoyable
Dairy Clerk/Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVAugust 1, 2017
A typical day was going in setting up for the day, going through orders, and waste paperwork then, getting the daily order from the back and setting up for the day. Helping guest with any issues or complaints, Having my daily planner ready for upper management.
I learned a lot about the grocery industry at this job.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with all the guest complaints.
The most enjoyable part of this job was, the employees.
Pros
Learning
Cons
no breaks
Typical day
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be a least 6 hours and that means I would get carts, clean and bag groceries. Management would always make sure everything looked good and made sure everything was were people could find them. My most enjoyable part of the job was being able meet new people
Pros
Disconts
Cons
Hardly getting hours
not enough staff, terrible managers
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJuly 17, 2017
very long hours because the staff for night crew was always understaffed and so with the amount of staff we always had to work extra hours in order to make up for the lack of people. the management was not any better with all of the managers working day shift and then complaining with the night crew because we had to work overtime.
A day at smiths
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 7, 2017
Don't get me wrong smiths is a great place to work but the managers are not the greatest. I worked in many departments in smiths. I work in the deli now and there is times where i get left alone and have to close by myself which is really stressful. The co-workers are really nice people though so there is always a bright side to working at Smiths. It gets very busy at times at the location i work at, It does get very overwhelming. I have learned a lot from working at Smith's. Like how to do orders, great customer service, How to pick and pull loads, Scan out and in products ect.
Pros
Great Employee's
Cons
Short breaks, Hard days.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVJuly 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. It was in a small town felt like family. The company cares about employees. The only issue was the amount of hours available to work.
Benefits
Cons
Minimum hours
Flexible
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJune 13, 2017
every position was filled so the hours were at its minimum. I liked the job because i was able to interact with people and it was another experience i could add to my resume
Pros
awesome place
Cons
not enough hours
Nice Job
Melon Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJune 5, 2017
I actually enjoyed working at Smith's, for the most part. You are held accountable for your work and the work schedule is very forgiving for a college student. The only complaint I had about my specific store is the way in which an employee obtains a raise. I missed out on multiple raises due to details that were concealed from me.
Im not a Baker
Bakery Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 5, 2017
Im not a baker and the bakery I was in went through 3 managers in the short time I was there. Their training lasted two day and consisted of watch this guy do this thing, Ok now he is gonna watch you and then you were on your own.
I will never work for smiths agaim
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgewood New mexicoJune 3, 2017
Terrible management, plain and simple, people with power will throw it around willingly. I will never work for smiths ever again i would never recommend this job place to anyone.
not my ideal of a good job
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 31, 2017
this job was very stressful and there main aim was to use you. they had other departments in the store that were really fun to work in. but yes, highly stressful.
Pros
free bakery foods
Day at Smiths
Freight Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVMay 31, 2017
A typical night at Smith's is unloading and breaking down the shipment from our trucks. Followed by spotting and stocking the product. I learned that time efficient practices are key.
Pros
good pay, nice co workers
Cons
bad store management, expectation vs payroll unrealistic
Very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 28, 2017
A typical day at work was actually fun, I was always talking with my co workers and all the people that were shopping as well. The management was very good. I learned how to be very friendly to people. The workplace culture was great, everyone knew each other and were very nice to each other as well. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of everything but I picked up on it very quickly. The most enjoyable part was definitely getting to see all my co workers every day.
Terrible
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2017
Management is unforgiving and rude. They talk smack about their employees. Underpaid and you get to do the sucky end of the job. It's a miserable environment.
Pros
Cons
You get yelled at.for doing your job
Very Productive
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDMay 21, 2017
Awesome place to work. Very fast pace with lots of opportunities. Great way to gain customer service experience. Also a great way to learn how to cook and prep food.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Busy at times.