Smithsonian Museum Retail seeks an experienced part time (20 hours weekly) Web/Graphic Designer in our Washington DC office to provide conceptual and creative design, as well as related coding and integration for SmithsonianStore.com, promotional email, and accompanying initiatives.
The Web/Graphic Designer will:
- Conceptualize, design and build marketing and promotional creative for all online campaigns for direct-to-consumer sites.
- Designs promotional emails, banner advertisements, and marketing campaign content.
- Produce visual concepts, original homepage designs, navigation and architectural layouts as new site elements are required.
- Manipulate, edit and publish images on direct-to-consumer websites, assuring that quality standards and photo rights stipulations are met.
- Works with external programmers/developers for implementation of approved designs and integration with SmithsonianStore.com.
- Works with internal stakeholders in the development of new web design applications.
- Create high quality interactive experiences, online graphics and integrated graphical elements.
- Assist with design and creation of print marketing materials and collateral as needed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with at least four years’ experience working in the creative design, programming and integration on websites, with varied platforms and back-end systems, using industry standard web programming languages and tools.
- Specific knowledge of design tools and techniques for both print and online environments.
- Solid understanding of back-end system structures/architecture and the various elements necessary to integrate new features, sections, etc. to existing websites.
- Excellent creative, written, verbal, research, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed, able to function independently, exercise reasoned judgment, and be proactive in an energetic environment.
Salary: $21 - $27 hourly, depending on experience.
Schedule: 20 Hours per week.
This position is located in our Washington DC office, and all work is to be done onsite.
To apply, please include resume, cover letter (with salary requirements) and a link to work samples.
Please include job title in the subject line.
Application materials received without salary information will not be considered.
Local candidates preferred – no relocation assistance is provided.
Excellent Benefit programs including health/life/dental/vision insurance, commuter assistance, discounts, FSA, and more.
Final candidate selection will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-employment background check and subsequent background investigation. Appointment subject to a one year probationary period
Applicants are asked to complete and forward an optional Applicant Survey form available at http://www.sihr.si.edu/Forms/Applicant_Survey_Form.PDF.
This is not a Federal Service position.