Smithsonian Enterprises Employee Reviews in United States

A job that teaches you something everyday.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2016
My typical day at work starts out with me greeting and communicating the business results to our employees. I open and ensure that all locations were properly closed the day before. I ensure that company funds are accurate and all employees have the supplies that they need for the day. I create a schedule for the team which on average is about 28 employees a day for 8 locations. Once we are open for business I supervise and ensure my employees are available to assist all of the families and customers from different parts of the world. The challenges come but we as a team accept them as opportunity for growth. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with customers and ensuring that they leave home happy. Although in my current position I am more behind the scene I like to change my roll to work with customers. I communicate with customer via email with any concerns they may have and process orders from inside and outside of the US. My day may also include auditing funds inside the safe or inventory of merchandise. I communicate and schedule meetings with buyers, maintenance, security, and visual merchandiser. At the end of the day I will close all locations assign associates to tasks to ensure that the business is prepared for the next day.
Not too stressful, Nice atmosphere, good benifits
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2013
Supervisor or manager would give the morning meeting. Help get needed stock/merchandise to the store floor. attend to needs of customer, get change for store associates. Do some office work such as monitor the retail associates work send some emails to upper administration..., move merchandise around the store as needed. Help close down the store at the end of the day.
Pros
good compensation for a retail job both salary and benefits.
Cons
off days and working hours may fluctuate at times. many noisy children, lots of standing.
Love it!
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2013
I really enjoy working here and am hoping for an opening after the summer is over. The transportation benefits are amazing!
Pros
transportation benefits
Cons
temp job
I worked there when it opened
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  National Museum of the American IndianMarch 7, 2015
It was exciting and I learned a lot about Indian culture and business.
I was challenged when I worked there and did very well before I left. Sadly, the musueum isn't as busy as it used to be. Business had really slowed down and I got bored.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
Assist customers with appropriate information about the museum, stock stores, and assist customers with buying items.

2.8