Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced job
Hourly Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: High turnover rate for management
Learned every position possible. High turnover rate. Frequent change in management made it difficult at times. Fun and fast paced.
Productive day at SmokeyBones
Server (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJune 24, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people everyday.
Cons: leaving work extremely late.
A typical day at work is very busy,answering phones taking orders delivering orders. Speaking to guest 24/7 seating them at their proper tables in the correct formation. There is never a time for a break,sometimes we are short of staff and have to work twice as hard . Majority of the time it is very busy especially during lunch and late night specials. The most enjoyable moments is speaking to different people from different cities and countries. While working in a restaurnt I learned many things I became suffcient in a fast paced environment; sufficient in written, verbal and interpersonal communication; excellent in time management, decision making; and has the ability to handle emergency situations with poise and sensitivity.
Used to get through collegiate career.
Prep cook (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHJune 13, 2015
This job was used as a stepping stone to get me along through my collegiate career. The workload was typical of working in an restaurant/food career choice.
dbdgvbbf
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2015
a fun job for the most part. management is alright. love the kitchen manager. staff is cool. wish i got more money though.
Good restaurant with great staff
Marketing Representative, Server (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 8, 2015
Smokey Bones is a fun, upbeat environment and the employees become very close. We were encouraged to be unique and create a memorable time for our guests, which made coming to work enjoyable.
good place
Server (Current Employee), Peabody, MAJune 4, 2015
The company has a great vision, and expectations for a certain company culture, but management continues to lack same ideals.
amazing co workers
Hostess (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: discounted meals, flexiable schedules
Cons: lack of communication with manager
I loved working there besides the lack of communication with the manager. AMAZING CO WORKERS, almost like family. Great work environment.
Fun workplace
Server/Greeter (Current Employee), Sanford, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Half off lunches, being around people and getting to talk.
Cons: No benefits, pay wasn't great.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people that I got to work with. They were all great people and excellent coworkers.

The hardest part about the job was the money. I couldn't financially live off of what I was making there.

I learned that every person with different with very different preferences and I've gained excellent customer service skills.
Fun work environment
SERVER (Current Employee), Citrus Park, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Few hours
Great food and fun environment. Most of the employees are pleasant and helpful. Kitchen staff needs a lot of work (many errors, slow prep, etc.)
Work life
Dish Pit (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Worked with my schedule
Cons: No breaks or health benefits
The hardest part of the job was finding time to do every single thing that someone asked me to do and get my job done too.

The job itself was fairly easy but, the management made it hard.
restaurant manager
General Manager (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: home office support
Cons: 65 hour work weeks in standard
65 hour work weeks is the norm with not a lot of down time. Good support from the home office. Benefits are standard and they have bonus possibilities.
some cooperate bs
Manager (Current Employee), VariousFebruary 26, 2015
Long hrs under managed high turn over in management and staff. Unsound in where they want to go, always want more for less at the expense of the guests
Job summary
Manager/Bartender (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
This is a typical resturant job, very late hours and unstable management...I worked there twice once as a manager and then as a bartender and its a very unstable enviroment
growth possiblities are great
Line Cook/5 Star Trainer (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: about of training
alot of training, manger in training postion possibilites as well as training to give versibitiy. Manager and higher up support.
Busy Workplace
Line Cook / Assembler / Prep Cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Not everyone always knew what they were doing here but we seemed to always work together and figure it out in a professional manner. You're typical corporate chain restaurant .
Typical work day
Food Expediture (Current Employee), Columbus, GADecember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: few hours
A typical workday at Smpokey Bones includes the resposibility of managing other employess as well as food orders as given to the servers from the guest in their desired form. To be successful at this job, one has to possess fine memory skills as well as quick, active hands. The hardest part of the job is having to prioritize meals which have reached a high in-take time in order to ensure that the guest are still satisfied.
typical day at work
Hostess (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 17, 2014
Greeted customers entering establishment
Worked closely with teammates in order to deliver excellent customer service
Responded to customer inquiries
Very Productive and laid back
Server (Former Employee), Montgomery AlDecember 9, 2014
A typical work day was serving customers and cleaning specified areas. I learned to be a team worker and to get along with a team of people. Management was very understanding and down to earth. The hardest part of the job were trying to give 7 tables at one time your undivided attention. The most enjoyable part was making many hungry faces smile and being the best server possible to every single table.
Productive an fast pace place of employment
Server (Current Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: time management
Cons: less money
I've learned how to multitask in different settings and communicate better with management and coworkers.
Just a transitional job
Server (Former Employee), Florence, KYNovember 10, 2014
Poor work environment. Wages were not fair. certain management favored co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

If you feel it in your bones, you know you're in the right place... If you're looking for the exciting challenge of growing a – Read more

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Salaries

$9.00 per hour
Cook
$10.50 per hour

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Photos

Smokey bones bar and fire grill