Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
SERVER (Current Employee), Citrus Park, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Few hours
Great food and fun environment. Most of the employees are pleasant and helpful. Kitchen staff needs a lot of work (many errors, slow prep, etc.)
Work life
Dish Pit (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Worked with my schedule
Cons: No breaks or health benefits
The hardest part of the job was finding time to do every single thing that someone asked me to do and get my job done too.

The job itself was fairly easy but, the management made it hard.
restaurant manager
General Manager (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: home office support
Cons: 65 hour work weeks in standard
65 hour work weeks is the norm with not a lot of down time. Good support from the home office. Benefits are standard and they have bonus possibilities.
some cooperate bs
Manager (Current Employee), VariousFebruary 26, 2015
Long hrs under managed high turn over in management and staff. Unsound in where they want to go, always want more for less at the expense of the guests
Job summary
Manager/Bartender (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
This is a typical resturant job, very late hours and unstable management...I worked there twice once as a manager and then as a bartender and its a very unstable enviroment
growth possiblities are great
Line Cook/5 Star Trainer (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: about of training
alot of training, manger in training postion possibilites as well as training to give versibitiy. Manager and higher up support.
Busy Workplace
Line Cook / Assembler / Prep Cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Not everyone always knew what they were doing here but we seemed to always work together and figure it out in a professional manner. You're typical corporate chain restaurant .
Typical work day
Food Expediture (Current Employee), Columbus, GADecember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: few hours
A typical workday at Smpokey Bones includes the resposibility of managing other employess as well as food orders as given to the servers from the guest in their desired form. To be successful at this job, one has to possess fine memory skills as well as quick, active hands. The hardest part of the job is having to prioritize meals which have reached a high in-take time in order to ensure that the guest are still satisfied.
typical day at work
Hostess (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 17, 2014
Greeted customers entering establishment
Worked closely with teammates in order to deliver excellent customer service
Responded to customer inquiries
Very Productive and laid back
Server (Former Employee), Montgomery AlDecember 9, 2014
A typical work day was serving customers and cleaning specified areas. I learned to be a team worker and to get along with a team of people. Management was very understanding and down to earth. The hardest part of the job were trying to give 7 tables at one time your undivided attention. The most enjoyable part was making many hungry faces smile and being the best server possible to every single table.
Productive an fast pace place of employment
Server (Current Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: time management
Cons: less money
I've learned how to multitask in different settings and communicate better with management and coworkers.
Just a transitional job
Server (Former Employee), Florence, KYNovember 10, 2014
Poor work environment. Wages were not fair. certain management favored co-workers.
A very team work oriented environment that can be high paced.
Marketing Representative; Server (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAOctober 29, 2014
My co-workers make the job fun on a daily basis. It's also enjoyable to work in a fast paced restaurant. Everyone, including all the managers work very well together, which makes for a pleasant work experience.
Favorite choice for food, drinks, & fun
Manager (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 17, 2014
Smokey Bones as a concept sets out fresh, new food and beverage ideas. Keeping up with surrounding competitors is never a challenge for the thriving, growing company. They set ongoing company standards and goals for guest and employee satisfaction.
Flexible scheduling
Server (Former Employee), Greensburg, PASeptember 23, 2014
Worked with good management that was always willing to work around a schedule that best fit your life. The cleanest restaurant I have worked at.
Was fun at first, management changed, sports bar environment
Busser, greeter, food runner (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: hours, pay, location
Cons: management
I started in high school, was a good job then, made decent pay as a host and busser. Owner changed, company changed.
Political, tolerant, and a job
Manager (Former Employee), Easton, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great starting managment position
Cons: too political
Dealing with many political ideas and persons. Open and close. Various scheduling. Crunch felt in between the ranks. Co workers were pleasant and easy going. The hardest part of the day is finding time to spend with little ones.
great place for food, drinks and fun interactions with people
Training Server (Current Employee), VAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: interaction, connection and meeting different people, building trust with clients.
Cons: healthcare benefits, not in my field of study - ready to follow my dreams
I come into to work and say hello to everyone, other servers, bartenders, cooks, dishwasher and managers. Check the service line to make sure we are stocked up on extra food supplies for the dinner rush and create a warm and inviting atmosphere for all clients I serve that evening. I have learned to be open minded, responsive to changing conditions and situations, and to trust others with assigned tasks. I get along great with management, whatever they need me to do I accomplish to the best of my ability. I always help out my co-workers with anything they need help with or to just make the shift easier for them to be able to complete there work. The hardest part about my job is leaving the industry, I have done it for so long and have enjoyed serving people, but it's time serve people in a different light and follow my dreams in the medical field of kinesiology. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with various people and learning about there life experiences!!!
fun workplace cheerful staff
Greeter, Bus Boy, Host (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 17, 2014
good work environment chill laid back after hours the staff would some times have eatting contest everyone was like family coworkers easy to get along with management was a strict when needed but laid back and fun mostly
Awesome experience
Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 9, 2014
This was my first job and I learned a lot from it. I was very thankful for the experience and guidance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

If you feel it in your bones, you know you're in the right place... If you're looking for the exciting challenge of growing a – Read more

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Salaries

$65,000 per year
Greeter
$8.50 per hour

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Photos

Smokey bones bar and fire grill