Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Could be a great, easy place to work. Unfortunately, lazy people and a lack of strong management leaves way for an inappropriate, unprofessional work atmosphere. Your manager should`t make your job harder and more difficult do.
Productive and Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 5, 2016
Very productive work environment and very fun people work there. I personally love working with food and I really enjoy working there.
Pros
Flexible with hours, receive rewards for working well
Cons
healthcare
A good place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 27, 2015
Co-workers were great. Management wasn't the best to work for. It wasn't to do the job. Fairly easy days. Some days I felt like it was a lot for one person, or maybe employees should be paid more.
Fun coworkers, and decent management
server, bartender (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 4, 2015
Most enjoyable part of this job was the people i worked with. Management was acceptable, although the "big wigs" were constantly being fired and replaced. Hardest part of the job was never knowing how much you'd be making. Clientele was often pretty trashy, as is usual in a bar atmosphere.
Pros
half off shift meals and ok food options
Cons
no breaks, customers were not the best
Positive atmosphere
Service and Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MANovember 27, 2015
Fun Place to work and grow. There are opportunities available. Direction of company is geared toward a night club, with a focus on late night sales.
Fun envoriment,
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 26, 2015
Amazing culture, good benefits!!l Constant change in upper management not a lot of opportunity to move pass the GM spot!
Awesome!
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2015
This is truly a great company to work for! I enjoyed the time I was there, and would go back in a heartbeat! Very laid back and relaxed but with a get the job done nmentality. If you are lucky enough to be offered a job with this company, TAKE IT!
Pros
great people, great atmosphere
Cons
NONE
Great until sold to private investment company
Service & Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2015
This was an awesome place to work with great benefits and people until SunCapital bought it. There were no raises, no bonuses and no common sense. I was made to have my employees work the jobs of 2-3 people with no extra compensation. All about the bottom line and not about the human.
Awesome job culture with hard working individuals.
Server (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Enjoyable job, challenging corporate standards that drove everyone to their highest potential. Laziness gets you nowhere in this job.
fun place to work
5 STAR Trainer / Meat Smoker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 6, 2015
I cooked all the smoked meats ,i learned how to prepare and smoke all the meats in the store. Loved all the management and all my co workers.the hardest part of my jog was to make sure all meats were done on time, The most enjoyable part of my job was the co workers
Pros
free food co workers
Busy Bar
Bartender/Bar Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 3, 2015
The bar of Smokey Bones is the highlight and center point of the restaurant. Only the best of the best can handle to be behind the bar. The job is demanding but rewarding. Fun work environment and great drink/food menu with lots of variety. Thoroughly enjoyed working here .
Pros
Meetings are the best Free Food and Drinks to try
Cons
Too many cooperate rules and regulations
Terrible Management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYAugust 19, 2015
The only reason I left this position was because the management was horrible, and kept giving my steady hours to new workers. Other than that, awesome team of people to work with.
Promising and intrinsic environment
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
On a normal work day you show up and begin bussing tables and when it gets busy expedite. I learned that there are many different ways to cook ribs. Management wasn't on top of their game and constantly off on their cell phones. Coworkers were very friendly until it gets busy then signs of stress really start to show. the hardest part of the job was when it got busy and trying to keep up getting food out when the servers were off doing their own thing and food would pile up in the window.
unprofessional
Server (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 14, 2015
awful management, nothing functions properly and no one takes responsibility for it.
you will do great if your managers like you, if not you will always get the worse shifts and sections, even if you bring them more money and better reviews than others.
kitchen never functions the way its supposed to
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Typical Restaraunt
Greater, Server, Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 13, 2015
Working here is like any other place. Everyone's constantly moving about. Cooks have multiple responsibilities but generally cooking. The place must be kept clean and servers must keep up looks, attitude, time, customers time, food prep, and money management.

Overall, a busy place
Pros
Good pay for servers and constant work
Cons
can be VERY stressing
fun and productive
Hourly Supervisor (Current Employee) –  cheektowaga,nyJuly 12, 2015
i enjoy working here, i have learned a great deal from current management as well as previous management and i hope to continue to strive and be successful.
Great company
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2015
Great cooperate restaurant, I started in the dish pit in Dayton Ohio and five years later I was a trainer opening new locations in South Florida, the money wasn't bad either, and there benefits were outstanding. The company loved me to death and were willing to let me learn and grow at my own pace which surprising to them was very fast paced. Before they new it I was running the whole back of the house plus taking inventory and making orders. I was the guy they would call when someone would call out because I could do the job of everyone in the kitchen. The hardest part of the job was leaving it but my Mother has a reoccurring illness and she needed me more so I went home to help.
Pros
Great company
A Day at Work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 1, 2015
It's great fast money. The management is just bad. Managers switch up every few months, and there is no consistency. Business really needs a turn around.
Pros
Discount food, quick money
Cons
Late hours, management
Fun fast paced job
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2015
Learned every position possible. High turnover rate. Frequent change in management made it difficult at times. Fun and fast paced.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
High turnover rate for management
Productive day at SmokeyBones
Server (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy,answering phones taking orders delivering orders. Speaking to guest 24/7 seating them at their proper tables in the correct formation. There is never a time for a break,sometimes we are short of staff and have to work twice as hard . Majority of the time it is very busy especially during lunch and late night specials. The most enjoyable moments is speaking to different people from different cities and countries. While working in a restaurnt I learned many things I became suffcient in a fast paced environment; sufficient in written, verbal and interpersonal communication; excellent in time management, decision making; and has the ability to handle emergency situations with poise and sensitivity.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday.
Cons
leaving work extremely late.