Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MANovember 20, 2017
Managers took advantage of girls willing to work due to short staff, not offering good shifts or any days off. Quite literally pushed me to the point of quitting and disrespected all my requests.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Managers were horrible
worst job ever
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 13, 2017
Probably one of the worst bar/server jobs I've had. The building is disgusting. Everything single bottle you touch is sticky along with any other thing you could possibly need to work a successful shift. NO one is a team there, it is about I.
Good Workplace
Greeter/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 9, 2017
Awesome workplace culture with good management. Everyone is willing to help each other out. Of the day of my interview I don't think I have ever walked into a restaurant where everyone acknowledged me and asked if I was being helped.
Bad business
Line cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 7, 2017
Managers are unprofessional and take out their personal frustrations out on the employees and their jobs. Cant manage to train properly or stay in order
Enjoyable environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHNovember 6, 2017
Seating your tables and taking orders of customers and giving them quality service. servers are responsible for getting their tables food to them correctly and in a timely manner.
Dislike Company
Head/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 28, 2017
Smokey Bones I really dislike how they closed down several stores but didn't take any employees to any other company restaurants. We came in one day and told us that this was our last day. Didn't even give us a two week notice so we could start looking for another job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Fun and family friendly workplace
Greeter/Server (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLOctober 20, 2017
My favorite job so far, Smokey Bones offered many advancement opportunities. My favorite part was sampling food items from the menu during server training. The most challenging part was the side work at the end of each shift.
Pros
Free food, friendly people
Cons
Fast-paced, spontaneous hours
Beginning of Upper Level Management in Restaurant Business
Server,Corporate Service Trainer, Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2017
Smokey Bones was my first FULL time restaurant job. I learned so many things while working there such as the proper way to pursue customer satisfaction as well as LISTENING to the right people when it came to training me on certain aspects of the restaurant business.
Pros
Free Lunches, awesome teamwork, great coworkers
Cons
A lot of gossiping between staff
Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for smokey bones. It was a fast pace. fun environment. Management was wonderful, although more often then not we were under staffed.
Pros
Allowed to eat during shifts
Cons
Understaffed
No raises or career advancement
Takeout/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2017
Hours sucked and management was very disorganized. No career advancement. No chance for raises or benefits. Would work almost everyday just to get full time hours.
Fun place to work
HOSTESS/TAKEOUT (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at Smokey Bones and loved all my coworkers. It got a little hectic at times but that is expected for the restaurant industry. Overall good place to work for part time.
Messed up Corporate
Waitress/Host (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 5, 2017
Our restaurant was shut down quite unfairly. No warning. I find it really messed up that corporate decided to do that without telling its workers.
Other than a messed up corporate system, this has been my absolute favorite place to work. We have excellent food, an awesome atmosphere, and our manager was just absolutely amazing. I'd still be there for sure.
Pros
Excellent food, great discounts
Cons
Messed up systems
Very nice work environment
Chef (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 4, 2017
Smokey Bones is a very nice place to work at friendly people spontaneous people rockstar environment and friendly customers Delicious food good donuts great Oreo cookies especially hot bartenders and servers so next time you ride by smoky bones pull up get you some all you can eat wings bag of donuts strawberry lemonade and your check in PSA Don’t forget to tip your waitress
fun environment
Hostess/Take-Out/Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2017
worst thing about the place was the cooks didn't take pride in their work, you were lucky sometimes but for the most part customers constantly complained about their order.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I was a hostess so I was always the first thing the customers seen when they came in. I liked my fellow employees and helping them out. I enjoyed my managers they were always understanding and willing to work with me on my schedule.
Terrible
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 25, 2017
This location is a revolving door of management. Store managers and Corporate. Corporate cares more about saving money and cutting corners and less about the guests ans staff.
Sports Bar
Manager & General Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 14, 2017
It was a company that I moved up very quickly because I was willing to relocate to 3 different states in 6 years. Training to become a manager not a very strong program. I was thrown into a lot of situations that I had to think on my feet. (cooking, forecasting, pnl's ext) It required a lot of 12 plus hour work days due to being under staffed for labor constraints. The thing that I most enjoyed was building a strong culture of hard working motivated team members through performance based scheduling. The hardest part of the job was labor constraints that were very hard to meet unless all managers were working hourly positions and not leading the store the way that we should. I however did learn how to count and control liquor and food inventory. Schedules for over 60 employees, forecasting, performance based scheduling, ordering of all supplies in the store.
Pros
decent family insurance, upbeat
Cons
long hours, not much for bonus
Really nice people
Host, Take Out and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Everyone is great. A lot of nice people to work with who are fun and outgoing. Management is excellent. All of the employees look out for each other and will help you when you need it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Part time
fun place to work
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 7, 2017
most of the managers are reliable. Usually work the schedule you want. Can request time off when needed. Fun relaxed place to work most of the time until a dinner rush. good teamwork. good food.
sucked so hard.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 3, 2017
Terrible new manager at Peabody location, other managers were good. Co-workers were great but complained about management and hours/pay every hour of the day. Some managers were sexist and racist, a bit perverted; each one of them had an extreme temper problem. I recieved little training and was lied to many times, I'd highly recommend not working there but food was alright other than the fact the whole kitchen and staff touched the food and drink with their unwashed hands. People drank and did drugs on the job all the time, not all but some including management staff. Hated it.
Pros
money which you can get anywhere.
Cons
got yelled at for taking 10 mins to myself to eat a sandwich when the place was dead. Atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.