Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Laid back and fun environment work in. Good for a young person getting through school or retired person needing a source of income.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I have been enjoying my time at Smokey Bones BBQ and Grill. I have learned a lot, met a lot of people and appreciate all of my hard work pay off.
Good place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Great place clean and they do anything to help great workers. I would go back if I didn't move. They train you all over so it's easy for you to pick up hours if anyone calls out..
Glad I'm not there anymore
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 12, 2017
Honestly felt like I was working and not getting anywhere as far as monetary the staff was great and felt like I was at home but money was a huge issue.
Pros
free food
Cons
money!
Fun place to work but disorganized
Corporate Management (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FL 33180February 4, 2017
Unreasonable expectations
Rules change too often with poor communication
Culture is fun and upbeat. The people are great.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
unclear and unreasonable expectations, poor corporate communication
stressful work enviroment
General/Kitchen Manager, Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI 48912January 24, 2017
very stressful work environment, no leadership or help from corporate. this is not a company I would recommended . I don't know what else to say. why can't I get pass this screen
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no work life balance
Nice place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day is serving usually 4 tables at a time, sometimes busy sometimes not, depending on the day. Co-workers are good people. The hardest part is probably the stress of people asking for 10 different things at once.
Great people!
Sever/Host (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Everyone has fun at work! All employees are very friendly. Managers work well with your schedule! Havee parties for every holiday and i never dreaded going to work!
Pros
discount on food
Cons
you get cut as soon as it dies down
Fast paced fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 1, 2017
I loved working here. However, sometimes life gives you tailspins that you are not prepared for. I prepared food for the cook line such as smoked ribs and wings, sauces, side items, and salads. I learned how to own what I do and many delicious recipes. The hardest part of the job was that the schedule seemed to be non existent. If I was scheduled off at 5 I may not get of until 10. I understand that sometimes things come up and you have to stay over but 5 hours over everyday impacted my life tremendously.
Pros
the job was easy
Cons
fun people to work with, breaks, and recipes
Unorganized house
Server (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 29, 2016
Poor management from the top down. Went through 6 GM's in 2 years ! That should tell you right there how poorly managed the restaurant was. The money was there as a server , but management held the whole restaurant back.
Pros
Flexible hours, Discounts on food
Cons
No Breaks, Lazy co- workers, Dirty restaurant
Awesome service
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 16, 2016
If you never ate at this restaurant, we invite you to come and have a wonderful menu to your warming of the heart with some hot good smokey bones food.
Fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 29, 2016
Fun work place, minimal drama, good management, great team work on busy nights, friendly workers, entertainment is good with darts in the back. Pay is decent
Pros
50% off meals days you work
Cons
No benefits
corporate company
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILNovember 24, 2016
90 percent of it was warm up food the only thing they did do is they did smoke the proteins on site management was not really good and workers where hard working
Joyful Chaos
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 10, 2016
The day will start off great but in a rapid fashion the environment will ruin your entire shift. This stems from the constant flux in management and the unreliability of co-workers. The enforcement of policy definitely slacked over the years. The Ziosk tablet on the tables dictated rather or not a person will get a certain number of shifts despite the complicated/sometimes confusing phrasing of the questions for our guest. If it wasn't for key individuals who would constantly try to enforce happiness, my employment would have been very brief.
Pros
Fun
Cons
chaos
Just an okay job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 3, 2016
Work was usually hectic, the kitchen struggled to make food correctly and on time. I learned how to brush off rude customers and how to deal with the ones who do not back down. Management was shaky, with one getting fired for getting to know a co-worker a little too well. The hardest part of the job was working until 2-3am. The most enjoyable part of the job were the friends that I made who all no longer work with Smokey Bones.
good food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 2, 2016
They started out great building many stores and providing jobs in the community and overall I enjoyed working there but their boys only club was apparent .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
could not keep employees on staff
Bartender (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29406October 27, 2016
Always positive attitudes , decent work flow. Great management. Only downside is the communication could be better
Very busy for football season . Slower during off season. Have good regular crowds . Great food not to pricey
Pros
Half off food
Cons
No insurance
Fun work environment, great people!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 5, 2016
It is a busy restaurant but we manage very well. There is a lot of pressure but we always make it to the end of the night. My coworkers are some of the best people you can work with. We help each other out and give legendary service.
Enjoyable environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 3, 2016
Friendly employees and guests. This establishment encourages team work and promotes a professional working environment. I learned how to work in a past face restaurant with team members and independently.
Fun place to work 2 years ago
Host / Takeout (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 16, 2016
it was a great place but the new management and food , it just went down hill. There were only regulars no new guests ever seen, rarely busy.
Doomed from the start. Since Their menu didnt have enough selection in my opinion
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 13, 2016
One of the worst restaurants I have worked in. A slim menu selection, not busy enough to keep the best servers working their. Poor management and not very teamwork oriented individuals
Pros
Got off work kinda early since business wasn't that great
Cons
No organization, no team work, not many regulars, closed down after a few short years being open

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9