Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Promising and intrinsic environment
Server's Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
On a normal work day you show up and begin bussing tables and when it gets busy expedite. I learned that there are many different ways to cook ribs. Management wasn't on top of their game and constantly off on their cell phones. Coworkers were very friendly until it gets busy then signs of stress really start to show. the hardest part of the job was when it got busy and trying to keep up getting food out when the servers were off doing their own thing and food would pile up in the window.
Great work environment
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Not enough remote opportunities
I make sure all candidates are selected and on boarded in a timely manner. Also I want to ensure we pick the top candidates to ensure its minimum turnover.
unprofessional
Server (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
awful management, nothing functions properly and no one takes responsibility for it.
you will do great if your managers like you, if not you will always get the worse shifts and sections, even if you bring them more money and better reviews than others.
kitchen never functions the way its supposed to
Typical Restaraunt
Greater, Server, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good pay for servers and constant work
Cons: can be VERY stressing
Working here is like any other place. Everyone's constantly moving about. Cooks have multiple responsibilities but generally cooking. The place must be kept clean and servers must keep up looks, attitude, time, customers time, food prep, and money management.

Overall, a busy place
fun and productive
Hourly Supervisor (Current Employee), cheektowaga,nyJuly 12, 2015
i enjoy working here, i have learned a great deal from current management as well as previous management and i hope to continue to strive and be successful.
Great company
Head Cook (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great company
Great cooperate restaurant, I started in the dish pit in Dayton Ohio and five years later I was a trainer opening new locations in South Florida, the money wasn't bad either, and there benefits were outstanding. The company loved me to death and were willing to let me learn and grow at my own pace which surprising to them was very fast paced. Before they new it I was running the whole back of the house plus taking inventory and making orders. I was the guy they would call when someone would call out because I could do the job of everyone in the kitchen. The hardest part of the job was leaving it but my Mother has a reoccurring illness and she needed me more so I went home to help.
A Day at Work
Waitress (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Discount food, quick money
Cons: Late hours, management
It's great fast money. The management is just bad. Managers switch up every few months, and there is no consistency. Business really needs a turn around.
Fun fast paced job
Hourly Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: High turnover rate for management
Learned every position possible. High turnover rate. Frequent change in management made it difficult at times. Fun and fast paced.
Productive day at SmokeyBones
Server (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJune 24, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people everyday.
Cons: leaving work extremely late.
A typical day at work is very busy,answering phones taking orders delivering orders. Speaking to guest 24/7 seating them at their proper tables in the correct formation. There is never a time for a break,sometimes we are short of staff and have to work twice as hard . Majority of the time it is very busy especially during lunch and late night specials. The most enjoyable moments is speaking to different people from different cities and countries. While working in a restaurnt I learned many things I became suffcient in a fast paced environment; sufficient in written, verbal and interpersonal communication; excellent in time management, decision making; and has the ability to handle emergency situations with poise and sensitivity.
Used to get through collegiate career.
Prep cook (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHJune 13, 2015
This job was used as a stepping stone to get me along through my collegiate career. The workload was typical of working in an restaurant/food career choice.
dbdgvbbf
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2015
a fun job for the most part. management is alright. love the kitchen manager. staff is cool. wish i got more money though.
Good restaurant with great staff
Marketing Representative, Server (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAJune 8, 2015
Smokey Bones is a fun, upbeat environment and the employees become very close. We were encouraged to be unique and create a memorable time for our guests, which made coming to work enjoyable.
good place
Server (Current Employee), Peabody, MAJune 4, 2015
The company has a great vision, and expectations for a certain company culture, but management continues to lack same ideals.
amazing co workers
Hostess (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 1, 2015
Pros: discounted meals, flexiable schedules
Cons: lack of communication with manager
I loved working there besides the lack of communication with the manager. AMAZING CO WORKERS, almost like family. Great work environment.
Fun workplace
Server/Greeter (Current Employee), Sanford, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Half off lunches, being around people and getting to talk.
Cons: No benefits, pay wasn't great.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people that I got to work with. They were all great people and excellent coworkers.

The hardest part about the job was the money. I couldn't financially live off of what I was making there.

I learned that every person with different with very different preferences and I've gained excellent customer service skills.
Fun work environment
SERVER (Current Employee), Citrus Park, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Few hours
Great food and fun environment. Most of the employees are pleasant and helpful. Kitchen staff needs a lot of work (many errors, slow prep, etc.)
Work life
Dish Pit (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Worked with my schedule
Cons: No breaks or health benefits
The hardest part of the job was finding time to do every single thing that someone asked me to do and get my job done too.

The job itself was fairly easy but, the management made it hard.
restaurant manager
General Manager (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: home office support
Cons: 65 hour work weeks in standard
65 hour work weeks is the norm with not a lot of down time. Good support from the home office. Benefits are standard and they have bonus possibilities.
some cooperate bs
Manager (Current Employee), VariousFebruary 26, 2015
Long hrs under managed high turn over in management and staff. Unsound in where they want to go, always want more for less at the expense of the guests
Job summary
Manager/Bartender (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
This is a typical resturant job, very late hours and unstable management...I worked there twice once as a manager and then as a bartender and its a very unstable enviroment