Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Very fun workplace
Service Manager/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 20, 2017
Smokey Bones environment is Great, I had so much fun working for this company. They have live music and also different events to make the day and night go by fast.
Pros
Free Food
Not a great place to work!
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 17, 2017
Poor management.. Employees run it mostly and treat anyone new horrible.. After you're there a while it's constant drama.. More than normal restaurant drama.. Management is also unprofessional and Talk down to their employees.. wouldn't recommend it.. I'm not a review person, but fealt the need to share on this one.
Pros
Discount food while working
Cons
Serveral things
people were nice to work with.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 17, 2017
washing and cleaning restaurant but no help when dishes were left from the previous shift - personel were really nice to work with but not in a position to help when things got backed up - I needed more hours to make ends meet and willing and available to work everyday or any shift.
Unorganized and Customers are very unpleasant.
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 14, 2017
This restaurant is far from a great environment. Management lacks communication and customers in Lithonia are demanding and rude. I worked with some good people who were work oriented, sociable, and interesting. I also had lazy coworkers who didn't care about nothing but their money.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The area in which it's located
Fun workplace
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 13, 2017
This place is the average bbq restaurant.. it showed poor quality customer service.. and management and production were no good.. due to an inexperienced GM
Good Temporary Job
assist customers (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 5, 2017
I work here because I am going through school. If I was to be a server for a longer time it would definitely be at this establishment. It is easy to make money and friends here
Pros
Flexible Hours, food!
Cons
On your feet, work weekends.
Friendly environment, welcoming, treats everyone like family
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 5, 2017
I believe this restaurant is an amazing atmosphere, great managers, and a hard working team. I am proud to serve for this company. They have treated me like family and always looking out for the customers along with the employees.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
No place to take a break besides where everyone goes to smoke.
Fun and comfortable work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 3, 2017
I learned great communication skills while creating a fun and welcoming workplace for the guests and employees. I love my job and enjoy going work everyday.
I leaning place to build from
Cook (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 2, 2017
This was technically my first kitchen working in, I had started as a dish washer. quickly i moved to a fry cook, I loved it here. I felt i was a great worker but i was not making the money i felt i could have been making so i had other opportunities to make more at b dubs. Like i said i believe this is a great kitchen i worked in.
Great employees
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time there until the last year I was pushed into relocating to a store where there was no upper management in place so I took on the senior manager role with no compensation. When upper management was put in place I was no longer needed.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
unappreciated work with no compensation
Flexible laid back work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 27, 2017
Got to sample all food and drinks in order to relay our opinions to customers. Management was a lot of fun to work with and cared for their employees. Hardest part was overcoming being short staffed on a busy night. Customers would not get proper service but would be taken care of by management. I loved building relationships with customers and being requested to serve them.
Pros
discounted food, hard work recognized
Cons
limited health care
great money, just like any normal restaurant
Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 26, 2017
I enjoyed my many years here, from hosting to takeout to serving to getting behind the bar I really had a full experience and I am thankful for that. the food is great and our regulars are amazing, between them and my general manager that's why i lasted so long. But like any restaurant job I out grew it.
WHo wants to work with mouthy teenagers, and as someones servant for the rest of their lives?
Pros
MONEY
Cons
The life style
Ok job to much drama
line cook (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 24, 2017
I wouldn't recommend a job because hours are slack and no room for growth. I went from 35 hours to 10 hrs a week and wasn't respected in my decision making
Not a good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 24, 2017
worst place i have ever worked!
absolutely no respect from management!
management talks down to you and blames any problem they have on there servers.
they have no clue what they are doing and there is no past experience with managing which explains some of the problems. but does not explain the lack of respect!
Dont work here
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 22, 2017
Managment is terrible. They have new managers every couple months. They never give raises. Co workers are good people. Most of the food is microwaved. We used to always joke how "chef mic" was the hardest worker in the place.
what i have learned
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 21, 2017
in the year that i worked at smokey bones. i was able to learn about smoking food, micro manage the kitchen, started working on the next steps to be come a kitchen manager.
Pros
a lot of fun good group of coworkers
Cons
short on prep somedays
fun & friendly place to hang out BUT...
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 11, 2017
needs a lot of management help, servers never help each other, the whole place seems to work agents its self. The flow from host to server to kitchen and all management is very poor.
everyone is mad at everyone else. hostile place to work. it was a living nightmare.
fun and great food
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 6, 2017
I loved working at this place. Great food, music and they had TV's. I loved learning new things and seeing new faces at this job. My coworkers and supervisors were always very helpful.
Once was a inspiring place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2017
It's been very hard in the last few years with cutting of labor. We are expected to work extremely hard to pump out the lowest labor results possible to help make our company look very profitable. They are very lack luster in controlling inventory dollars and numbers.
Your hard work can pay off
Utility (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 20, 2017
As a company it is a great place to work, most of the management is very competent and understanding. Most co-workers are helpful and hard working. The couple of bad apples almost spoil the bunch though.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Communication and follow up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval