Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill United States Employee Reviews

restaurant manager
General Manager (Former Employee), FloridaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: home office support
Cons: 65 hour work weeks in standard
65 hour work weeks is the norm with not a lot of down time. Good support from the home office. Benefits are standard and they have bonus possibilities.
some cooperate bs
Manager (Current Employee), VariousFebruary 26, 2015
Long hrs under managed high turn over in management and staff. Unsound in where they want to go, always want more for less at the expense of the guests
Job summary
Manager/Bartender (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
This is a typical resturant job, very late hours and unstable management...I worked there twice once as a manager and then as a bartender and its a very unstable enviroment
growth possiblities are great
Line Cook/5 Star Trainer (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: about of training
alot of training, manger in training postion possibilites as well as training to give versibitiy. Manager and higher up support.
Busy Workplace
Line Cook / Assembler / Prep Cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Not everyone always knew what they were doing here but we seemed to always work together and figure it out in a professional manner. You're typical corporate chain restaurant .
Typical work day
Food Expediture (Current Employee), Columbus, GADecember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: few hours
A typical workday at Smpokey Bones includes the resposibility of managing other employess as well as food orders as given to the servers from the guest in their desired form. To be successful at this job, one has to possess fine memory skills as well as quick, active hands. The hardest part of the job is having to prioritize meals which have reached a high in-take time in order to ensure that the guest are still satisfied.
typical day at work
Hostess (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 17, 2014
Greeted customers entering establishment
Worked closely with teammates in order to deliver excellent customer service
Responded to customer inquiries
Very Productive and laid back
Server (Former Employee), Montgomery AlDecember 9, 2014
A typical work day was serving customers and cleaning specified areas. I learned to be a team worker and to get along with a team of people. Management was very understanding and down to earth. The hardest part of the job were trying to give 7 tables at one time your undivided attention. The most enjoyable part was making many hungry faces smile and being the best server possible to every single table.
Productive an fast pace place of employment
Server (Current Employee), Lithonia, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: time management
Cons: less money
I've learned how to multitask in different settings and communicate better with management and coworkers.
Just a transitional job
Server (Former Employee), Florence, KYNovember 10, 2014
Poor work environment. Wages were not fair. certain management favored co-workers.
A very team work oriented environment that can be high paced.
Marketing Representative; Server (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAOctober 29, 2014
My co-workers make the job fun on a daily basis. It's also enjoyable to work in a fast paced restaurant. Everyone, including all the managers work very well together, which makes for a pleasant work experience.
Favorite choice for food, drinks, & fun
Manager (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 17, 2014
Smokey Bones as a concept sets out fresh, new food and beverage ideas. Keeping up with surrounding competitors is never a challenge for the thriving, growing company. They set ongoing company standards and goals for guest and employee satisfaction.
Flexible scheduling
Server (Former Employee), Greensburg, PASeptember 23, 2014
Worked with good management that was always willing to work around a schedule that best fit your life. The cleanest restaurant I have worked at.
Was fun at first, management changed, sports bar environment
Busser, greeter, food runner (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: hours, pay, location
Cons: management
I started in high school, was a good job then, made decent pay as a host and busser. Owner changed, company changed.
Political, tolerant, and a job
Manager (Former Employee), Easton, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great starting managment position
Cons: too political
Dealing with many political ideas and persons. Open and close. Various scheduling. Crunch felt in between the ranks. Co workers were pleasant and easy going. The hardest part of the day is finding time to spend with little ones.
great place for food, drinks and fun interactions with people
Training Server (Current Employee), VAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: interaction, connection and meeting different people, building trust with clients.
Cons: healthcare benefits, not in my field of study - ready to follow my dreams
I come into to work and say hello to everyone, other servers, bartenders, cooks, dishwasher and managers. Check the service line to make sure we are stocked up on extra food supplies for the dinner rush and create a warm and inviting atmosphere for all clients I serve that evening. I have learned to be open minded, responsive to changing conditions and situations, and to trust others with assigned tasks. I get along great with management, whatever they need me to do I accomplish to the best of my ability. I always help out my co-workers with anything they need help with or to just make the shift easier for them to be able to complete there work. The hardest part about my job is leaving the industry, I have done it for so long and have enjoyed serving people, but it's time serve people in a different light and follow my dreams in the medical field of kinesiology. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with various people and learning about there life experiences!!!
fun workplace cheerful staff
Greeter, Bus Boy, Host (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 17, 2014
good work environment chill laid back after hours the staff would some times have eatting contest everyone was like family coworkers easy to get along with management was a strict when needed but laid back and fun mostly
Awesome experience
Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 9, 2014
This was my first job and I learned a lot from it. I was very thankful for the experience and guidance.
High Volume, great atmosphere, great food
Lead Cook (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: healthcare
Will recommend family and friends to eat there anytime, this is my first restaurant I have every work for, good management, everybody listens to your opinion about certain way we should tackle things, co -workers are fun to work with, job is fast past, and fun to work with people who care
Fast paced fun work environment
Server (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAMay 21, 2014
The typical day at Smokey is fast paced and can be fun, if you have the drive for it. The money can be inconsistent if serving.

1 2 3 4 5

About Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

If you feel it in your bones, you know you're in the right place... If you're looking for the exciting challenge of growing a – Read more

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Salaries

$8.50 per hour
Server
$2.15 per hour

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Photos

Smokey bones bar and fire grill