Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Employee Reviews

Great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for smokey bones. It was a fast pace. fun environment. Management was wonderful, although more often then not we were under staffed.
Pros
Allowed to eat during shifts
Cons
Understaffed
No raises or career advancement
Takeout/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2017
Hours sucked and management was very disorganized. No career advancement. No chance for raises or benefits. Would work almost everyday just to get full time hours.
Fun place to work
HOSTESS/TAKEOUT (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at Smokey Bones and loved all my coworkers. It got a little hectic at times but that is expected for the restaurant industry. Overall good place to work for part time.
Messed up Corporate
Waitress/Host (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 5, 2017
Our restaurant was shut down quite unfairly. No warning. I find it really messed up that corporate decided to do that without telling its workers.
Other than a messed up corporate system, this has been my absolute favorite place to work. We have excellent food, an awesome atmosphere, and our manager was just absolutely amazing. I'd still be there for sure.
Pros
Excellent food, great discounts
Cons
Messed up systems
Very nice work environment
Chef (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 4, 2017
Smokey Bones is a very nice place to work at friendly people spontaneous people rockstar environment and friendly customers Delicious food good donuts great Oreo cookies especially hot bartenders and servers so next time you ride by smoky bones pull up get you some all you can eat wings bag of donuts strawberry lemonade and your check in PSA Don’t forget to tip your waitress
fun environment
Hostess/Take-Out/Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2017
worst thing about the place was the cooks didn't take pride in their work, you were lucky sometimes but for the most part customers constantly complained about their order.
Fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here, I was a hostess so I was always the first thing the customers seen when they came in. I liked my fellow employees and helping them out. I enjoyed my managers they were always understanding and willing to work with me on my schedule.
Terrible
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 25, 2017
This location is a revolving door of management. Store managers and Corporate. Corporate cares more about saving money and cutting corners and less about the guests ans staff.
Sports Bar
Manager & General Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHSeptember 14, 2017
It was a company that I moved up very quickly because I was willing to relocate to 3 different states in 6 years. Training to become a manager not a very strong program. I was thrown into a lot of situations that I had to think on my feet. (cooking, forecasting, pnl's ext) It required a lot of 12 plus hour work days due to being under staffed for labor constraints. The thing that I most enjoyed was building a strong culture of hard working motivated team members through performance based scheduling. The hardest part of the job was labor constraints that were very hard to meet unless all managers were working hourly positions and not leading the store the way that we should. I however did learn how to count and control liquor and food inventory. Schedules for over 60 employees, forecasting, performance based scheduling, ordering of all supplies in the store.
Pros
decent family insurance, upbeat
Cons
long hours, not much for bonus
Really nice people
Host, Take Out and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Everyone is great. A lot of nice people to work with who are fun and outgoing. Management is excellent. All of the employees look out for each other and will help you when you need it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Part time
fun place to work
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 7, 2017
most of the managers are reliable. Usually work the schedule you want. Can request time off when needed. Fun relaxed place to work most of the time until a dinner rush. good teamwork. good food.
sucked so hard.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 3, 2017
Terrible new manager at Peabody location, other managers were good. Co-workers were great but complained about management and hours/pay every hour of the day. Some managers were sexist and racist, a bit perverted; each one of them had an extreme temper problem. I recieved little training and was lied to many times, I'd highly recommend not working there but food was alright other than the fact the whole kitchen and staff touched the food and drink with their unwashed hands. People drank and did drugs on the job all the time, not all but some including management staff. Hated it.
Pros
money which you can get anywhere.
Cons
got yelled at for taking 10 mins to myself to eat a sandwich when the place was dead. Atmosphere
An average job at work;
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 31, 2017
As soon as I clock in, I will check the cook line to see if ever thing is stocked up, for my work day. after checking that, I will get started on my task at hand. If I have orders on the screen I will take care of them. we have down time I will stock up areas such as the cook line, restock on items that I have took on the walk in cooler or freezer.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
long hours, under paid
Great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 29, 2017
Good vibes, good management, good food. I would recommend this position to someone in need of a small part time job for the summer, or just to add to their checks.
Pros
Half off food, Keeps you busy
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Loved my job
Server (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYAugust 29, 2017
As far as a serving position I loved working at smokey bones. I had a fun crew and the atmosphere was generally relaxed and fun. I always made decent money and if there was one where I relocated to I would have definitely transferred. I often miss my job there. I worked there for 3 years and they were really great about giving me time off for school and treated me well while I was pregnant. My only complaint was that no one could help me with my maternity leave benefits and it ended up getting all messed up and it took over nine months for me to receive my benefits. But other than that at the local level I loved my job at the Syracuse NY location.
Great Place
Brand Ambassador/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2017
Worked for them years ago when they still belonged to Darden! Unfortunately, my location closed down and I had to find a different employer but I truly enjoyed the work place, management team and concept.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Closed down
Nice starter job for service
Waiter Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 25, 2017
Was an easy job but messy everything was sticky the management was never there to help the staff was great but long hours took its toll.
great lunch shifts bad night shifts
Played fun games for customers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYAugust 21, 2017
I learned that having fun in a work place with costumers and coworkers makes the place fun and relaxing. A day at work is fun and fast pace.The hardest part when i was working there is the computer system but once u learned it, it was nothing. I enjoyed all the night games we played to keep the place happy!
Pros
fun work place
Cons
not enough hours
awesome place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAAugust 14, 2017
hard working people ready to work. learned how to set goals and reach them. management was fair. friendly culture. getting backed up was hard. i enjoyed the relationships.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
short break
Fun Workplace
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 9, 2017
Smokey Bones Is Ok As Job Yu Will Get Fustrated And Irritated but for The Most Part it's good Money And Great People. Just Wish We had More Teamwork and Better Organized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Our community is ready to answer.