SMS

SMS Employer Reviews

overall
Business Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 5, 2014
Pros: being employed
Cons: everything else
was an extremely unprofessional. Management treated it employees like they were dog. There was little consideration of personal life or problem and vulgar talk to employees. Many people didn't do there jobs and would make you lose sales because of it.
great place to work
Business Coordinator/ telemarketer (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJune 29, 2014
Pros: uncapped commissions
Cons: cold calling business owners
great professional place. you learn while you do the job, the people there are amazing.
Typical Things At Work
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJune 1, 2014
Come to work call companies who may have a million dollar company or are a million dollar company. And we will make an appoint if interested in what are company can do to help expand your business with a let bit of nothing.
Production warehouse assignment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 1, 2014
Multi task's different assignments in the warehouse
Learned to use different types of tools
Management was good
my co-workers were friendly easily to get along with
There was no hard part about the job
The most enjoyable part was to be able work along side my co-workers
Horrible place to work. Packed with false promise of fortune.
Senior Area Manager (Former Employee), San Diego & Orange CountyApril 12, 2014
Pros: you get to start early and work late.
Cons: waste of time, resources, energy for a company that does not care.
This company promises its recruits great opportunity and support. They do not deliver. They have you canvas for Leeds, Cold call, generate business for them, then they delay payment for over a month to keep the money you have earned. They construct complicated legal agreements to protect them in this transaction. Not honest, good company to stay away – more... from. – less
hostile work environment
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: goodpay
Cons: employees and supervisors attitudes at work
a typical day at sms consist of dealing with employees and their obsessive behavior dealing with their attitudes and unprofessional actions
B2B Qualifying potential clients for implementing issues
Marketing (Former Employee), Home Location, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: meeting with future potential clients
Morning calls to check in and review appointments.
Drive out to appointments and begin the qualifying process.
Location varied from small to mid size companies.
Report back home and make a call to office to discuss the day.
Telecom calls throughout the evenings.
Small Organization - Lots of Potential
Project Mgt - New Products Dev (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2014
SMS/800 is a small organization with a ton of potential in front of it.
Whether it will continue it path to capitalize on the opportunity remains a question for executive level employee's. I worked under a contract as a consultant to aid in a number of activities with SMS/800.

Unfortunately, I find that the leadership does not take advantage of time – more... well, and slows the execution of projects extensively. – less
consultant
Senior Area Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: new challenges ever day
Cons: driving
worked with small businesses discussing new methods to improve bottom line and sales.
Inside Sales Job Telemarketing
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 12, 2013
Pros: creat your own breaks
Cons: dialing for dollars
Was an interesting place to work in that had a lot of turn-around, good flexibility with hours, fun co-workers. The hardest part about the job was getting past the gate-keepers on the phone to get to the business owners live on the phone and then selling the business analysis was easy at times but still difficult.
High pressure job with some benefits, most notably the opportunity to earn a substantial income.
business coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 9, 2013
Working at SMS was like a day fishing. The more you cast, the more you catch. I made some 300 dials daily from a standard telephone to set four or five appointments for my field rep, which he would attempt to turn into sales. The better the appointment, the better our chances for success.

Management was always under the gun to produce more appointments, – more... sales, analyses, and consulting projects. We as a company generated about $280 million annually.

The drudgery of the job was unpleasant, call after call, day after day, but was easily reconciled with large payroll checks. SMS is a performance driven company. We art there for one reason, to make money.

With so many callers in the call center, some strong friendships were struck that prevail to this day. The people made the job tolerable. – less
easy job to learn and do
Janitor (Former Employee), Citadel Mall Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2013
Pros: almost always something to do
Cons: no matter how hard you worked it felt like nothing was getting done because of tons of rude shoppers
just typical cleaning of the mall and food court. The hardest part of the job was working from November through December
Career To Control Your Own Destiny
Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 15, 2013
Pros: every day you have an opportunity to make great money.
Cons: i don't really have any. good company to work for
Great company, smart leaders, clear vision and direction. You can create your own pay based on the effort you are willing to put in. Plenty of team support through conference calls and one on one training and inside support is outstanding. Right now our consulting services are in high demand because of today's economy.
Shady
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 27, 2013
Cons: no advancement, no pay raises, no benefits
Manager was always changing time worked to make his numbers look good
Good place to build a career
Business Coordinator (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, Il.April 30, 2013
Pros: unlike other telemarketing jobs that i’ve had that were part-time and pretty temporary, these are full-times jobs. employees stay 5, 10, or 15 years. company is very supportive with training, recognition and opportunities for advancement.
Cons: need a thick skin, no one likes talking to telemarketers.
I have been employed with the company over 15 years. Though there are ups and downs like any sales position, they have continuously grown and provided job security and opportunities to advance.
An Exciting Career
Senior Area Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaApril 30, 2013
Pros: be your own boss. a six-figure annual salary is actually possible, from the start, with payment on sales plus bonuses and residuals.
Cons: self-discipline is required.
High performers are well rewarded. The company is consistently upgrading the communication technology for its salesforce, providing marketing materials and other advanced tools for success.
Clean the entire mall...then clean it again 20 minutes later.
Janitor (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 14, 2013
Pros: being told on occasion by random customers that they appreciated my work.
Cons: feeling unappreciated, high expectations that lacked understanding of circumstances, being taken for granted by careless mall patrons.
A TYPICAL WORK DAY
Making rounds up and down one of the three sections of the mall, checking for spills, dropped trash, or other sanitary or safety issues to be addressed.
Clean windows, floor, decor. Dust fixtures and store fronts.
Clean and sanitize bathrooms in regular intervals.
Vacuum carpets, clean dining area tables.

WHAT I LEARNED
That I absolutely – more... despite janitorial work. But it was still good, honest work to be done.

MANAGEMENT
My manager was not bad, but I never felt truly appreciated. He seemed to have a singular emotion or demeanor that always put me on edge, waiting to be told of something unsatisfactory.

CO-WORKERS
My co-workers were mostly very cool. A few of them could be difficult to talk with because they just kept talking and talking rather than taking turns in dialogue. But other than that, they were a good crew and I did not mind being around them at all.

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB
Having to cover my section of the mall in a timely fashion AND THEN also having to walk to the other end where the bathrooms were located and clean them EVERY 20 minutes...a task not so easily done when there are tons of interruptions and messes that make "timely" completely out of the question.
Even worse, customers who walk right THROUGH areas that are obviously marked off to be mopped and didn't care about the job that I was doing.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB
When my shift was over. (I'm not pessimistic or a negative thinker, but that's honestly what I looked forward to the most.) – less
Kebeon's greatest gift
Bc ( bussiness coordinator ) (Current Employee), Buffalo grove, ilApril 10, 2013
Pros: family atmosphere, income unlimited, great people, caring atmosphere and a place where u can have fun and actually love what u do
Cons: making too much money, having too much fun, living a dream
I am currently an employee at SMS and have to admit I was bombarded with negativity about this company from past employees as well as from someone of the ones currently there!!! Unlike most people, I had to find out for myself what this place was about and I thank god everyday now that I didn't let haters keep me from getting the most fulfilling job – more... I ever had!!!! Not only do I make a 6 figure income but I enjoy and love what I do! I'm proud that I'm able to help people help themselves !! This company took a chance on me when no one else out there would give me a job!! In today's economy that is rare!!! They actually care about the development of their employees and have gone out of their way to make sure I receive the training that would allow me to make over a hundred thousand year without a graduate degree in bussiness !! This is a family not a job and I am grateful to be a part of it!!! And if you are fortunate to have an opportunity to come on aboard you would be too! Do not let others stop you from succeeding and achieving what you truly want out of life!!!!!!!!! – less
16.50
Assembler (Former Employee), TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: any
Cons: any
I was experince for 7 years foor assemble, repair and dianostic problems foor electrtcs devises. im workin at ATC. MOTOROLA .foor noww am lead at SMS FOOR TECNICIEN REPair computer
I was a customer service representative for a sales company
Customer Service/Telemarketing (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 21, 2013
I would call different businesses to try to get my representative to come to their office and sell them a survey. The most difficult part of the job was we would call the same people everyday and ask the same questions even if they told us "no" or not to call them anymore. It was really stressfull working there, because we would get paid off commission – more... so if the representative didn't sell the survey or the business owner didn't want our representative to visit them we wouldn't get paid. – less

1 2 3