SMUD Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work management needs a little work
Sr. Office Specialist / Accounting Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job immediate supervisor and my co workers. Upper management did tend to ignore the issues that needed to be dealt with to make work flow smoothly.
intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 4, 2014
i was a intern at smud i learned all there database and did several different tasks in the human resource building i mainly stayed at my cubical and was interacting with the other interns on there duties that they were doing in there department i set up events, meeting, and schedules and duties for each person had my manager review them then emailed or mailed them out.
Productive and fun place to work, employee engagement through the roof!
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2014
My day general consisted of me receiving my assignment and then executing it. A number of employee events were held during my tenure as a way employees of all levels to network and mingle.
Smud
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 26, 2012
This is a fantastic company to work for. The only draw back in entering the corp. wellness program is you must wait until a spot opens up. This is a contract position and only allows for a minimal amount of employees.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
size
Great Company to work for
Call Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 7, 2012
SMUD is currently rated one of top places to work according to Computer World Magazine.
Pros
great benefits, work/life balance, retirement
Cons
there isnt too many opportunities for advancement-more lateral movement
ASP.NET, Silverlight and SharePoint Technology Consultant with over 13+ years of professional experience in the initiation, analysis, development and
Senior .NET-SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2012
 Responsible for maintenance and full lifecycle development and administration of .NET and SharePoint based collaboration, intranet and internet applications
 Designed a SharePoint custom Web Service using WSS to be invoked through a Workflow in SharePoint designer
 Created and designed a Workflow using SharePoint Designer and custom code using Windows Workflow Foundation .NET 3.5
 Branding web pages involving custom themes and logos using HTML and CSS
 Developed a publishing portal for the department to edit and publish dynamic content like news, events, documents and contacts.
 Extensively used UI best practices and Navigation techniques to make the user experience uniform across hundreds of web pages spanning dozens of internal departments.
 Edit and build custom default master pages to enhance user experience and navigation
 Automate list and document processes with event receivers.
Position was casual.
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2012
The position was casual so I did not reap all the benefits of a regular position. However, the engineers and other staff I worked with were great. Very happy and helping. I felt like I had been there for years yet only had a short term position. I provided excellent work and even have a letter of recommendation fter a few months with this company.
Pros
great hours, employees, great pay
Cons
budget not allowing the help needed the ability to stay.

4.9