SMX

SMX Employee Reviews

well it was hot in the warehouse you walk 15 miles a night. the hardest part was overtime you will get sleepy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good pay Good hours
Cons: short breaks lay off
Well it was a normal routine at work we stretch before going to our workstations and we start to work 2 hours later we have a 15 break. I got along with co workers and the night shift was challenging.
like to act like they care about safety and employees but do not
General Laborer (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 26, 2015
all they are about is numbers.
constantly trying to fire you for time because maybe you had to go to the bathroom a little longer then they think is acceptable.
tricked every one into voting for a ten hour schedule each work day with out any over time hours after 8 hours like the state require by only focusing on telling everyone they will get a whole day off, soon after the change everyone realized that day is such a waist because all you do is sleep trying to get what you have missed back.
wage does not increase from $11.50 but they expect you to live on that knowing its not a living wage.
they only offer employment from one company so not really a staffing agency really just a way to rip of the comunity
Great Leadership, and wonderful team
Staff Management (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: fun, productive, challenging
Cons: n/a
I learned how to work cooropertavely with team mates and meet daily criteria and quotas. Working at a fast pace allowed me to get things done in a timely manner. everyone was helpful in all aspects, your never left alone in a situation someone is always willing to help.
Stack boxes into trucks. load pallets, operate order picker, freight stocker.
Employee (Current Employee), Redlands, CAJuly 23, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Stack boxes into trucks. load pallets, operate order picker, freight stocker. I also pick out items so they can be shipped out. i organize the shelves at work.
data analyst
data recruiting analyst (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: seasonal work
I liked the flexibility of this job and the people i worked with. I loved being able to talk on the phone all day, while entering data into the computer.
Great company and atmosphere with a vary of positions and chances of career training advancment
Compound Cleaner (Current Employee), Port Washington, WIJuly 20, 2015
Coming into my shift I evaluate what needs to be addressed and tackle it.
So far I've learned the correct ways to operate various warehouse forklifts. I also learned
the MSDS rules and regulations of managing different chemicals that I may come in contact with throughout the day. Also the proper PPE to wear to ensure safety. The hardest part of the job is making sure to remember color codes to elevate contamination which is very important. the most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity throughout the job which there is never a dull moment.
Productive and steady environment
packer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free fruit and snacks, exercise after every break
Cons: Short breaks, the distance from your station to the breakroom
A typical day at work was orientation at Amazon. The day was long, lots of walking, learning and test taking. But I enjoyed it.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cayce, SCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Didn't hold you around wasting time when there wasnt anything to do.
Cons: seasonal
Shipping and receiving was time consuming. I enjoy staying busy. professional environment. No one had time for drama just work. I had the opportunity to learn more.
productive work place
Stowing (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun, interesting job
Cons: short breaks
Amazon fulfillment center is a very fun and interesting place to work. What I learned most about working at this job, is how to work independently while still being productive and making the appropriate rate.
fast pace work enviroment
Loader (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no job security
I never felt like my time wasn't being utilized here. There was always something to do. Lots of overtime. It was a friendly and productive place to work. The supervisors were always there to help with any issues that came about.
A fast pace and fun working enviroment.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks, healthcare
This job needs a person who is very hard working. The hardest part was picking up heavy items. But overall it was a fun place to work in.
great company
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: temp not a secure job
it is a great company but I am a temp worker and I need a permanent job for my kids and I with benefits and security. I come in to work at ingram micro and drive the reach truck and put up products, make production and go home.
Direct Tv
PSU/ JABIL (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
all we do is clean direct tv boxes and cords and we ship them back to direct tv. i stand for 8 hours cleaning PSU cords making sure there is no damages. i learn how important it is to have clean cords shipped out and making sure everything work. we also make sure that there is no water or smoke damage.
Work in a team environment
Line Loader (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Work flexable hours, Healthcare not required
Cons: Unable to advance in the company
Self motivated I like to keep my area clean. Always looking to improve my position in the company. Work well with others and knowing that I put in a full days work is most enjoyable.
Great work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Treated to lunch
Cons: Stood on feet 10+ hours
At Amazon, I got to work with friends and employees were able to get referral bonuses. There was plenty of OT available and I was able to work only four days a week.
Productive and fun workplace, friendly people
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAJune 29, 2015
worked at this place was really nice learned many things such as package handling where the product come from and going to and other activities.
productive, fast pace work enviorment.
warehouse (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 26, 2015
A day at amazon as a picker will require tons and tons of walking. Percentage goal is important so you are constantly moving quickly to meet rate. TOT ( time off task) is another BIG one. In other words,less talking more working. It could be quite challenging at times, it might not be for everyone.Amazon is a well known company so therefore that means there will be a lot of employees, not to mention during peek season it gets very hectic.
Fun place to work great enviorment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Spaceous
Cons: employes
Pick and stow
Learned how to use a scanner
Management sometimes doesn't look at the workers perspective in an issue.
Nothing was to difficult in my job, no major complaints overall.
Stressful
Picker (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers, no cell phones
Cons: Short breaks, not really resonable
A typical day is picking items that people have placed with Amazon. You have to pick so much in a certain time limit.

The supervisors are not very friendly. The environment is hot and fast. Co workers are usually always friendly.

They do have a high turn over rate with their employees.

The pay is good, this is a good job to have if you need a job and money.

the hardest part is getting all the items in a time limit.

the company isn't really reasonable on the picking limit. Not a good place to work if you have something medically wrong with you.
what can i say
Material Handler (Former Employee), Flowery Branch, GAJune 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no benifits
I was a temp and the only reason i left was because at the time you could only work with the company for a year.I really enjoyed my time working there and i would like to find another company like this one.

1 2 3 4 5