SMX Employee Reviews

Twisted and Biased Company
Ops Admin (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 14, 2015
Pros: the hours and pay
Cons: hypocritical and unfair coworkers and managers
I was working for the company a total of 13 months and had been promoted twice landing me in a position as Ops Admin. The job was great. I loved the job and hours. The company itself is twisted and hard – more... work will only get you so far. While in this position as Ops Admin, I learned Excel. More specifically I was taught and given the responsibility to manage and maintain associates' attendance, their "points", attrition, create and update multiple reports that were sent out company wide and to our client, as well as manage the office traffic on foot and via phone. I was never "trained" and although this showcased my ability to learn and adapt in different circumstances, it was not what I was told would happen. – less
great place to work
MACHINE OPERATOR'S ASST (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCAugust 9, 2015
Pros: overtime, overtime, overtime!
Cons: filthy work enviroment
The employees that I encountered while working here are phenomenal!!! I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with. The hardest part of this job was the machine trouble shooting. The machines – more... were so massive! when there was a problem, you literally had to follow the flow of batteries to even find where the problem was or, at least, where it originated. While this was often hard, it was also very rewarding to know that you had solved it and fixed it yourself without having to call maintenance. I learned things about batteries, the process in making them, and the history of Energizer itself that I never thought imaginable. – less
A great job if your looking for temporary work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2015
Working for Smx was a great decision because they provide a large amount of hours every week. I loved being payed once a week and lastly the company keeps a medic and first aid room on site.
A Laid back and enjoyable work environment.
Maintenence (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARAugust 3, 2015
A typical day on the job consists of cleaning up any mess or oil spills that may occur, maintaining and thoroughly cleaning machines, and anything else that may need done throughout the day. Management is easy to get along with as well as my co workers.
well it was hot in the warehouse you walk 15 miles a night. the hardest part was overtime you will get sleepy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Good pay Good hours
Cons: short breaks lay off
Well it was a normal routine at work we stretch before going to our workstations and we start to work 2 hours later we have a 15 break. I got along with co workers and the night shift was challenging.
like to act like they care about safety and employees but do not
General Laborer (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 26, 2015
all they are about is numbers.
constantly trying to fire you for time because maybe you had to go to the bathroom a little longer then they think is acceptable.
tricked every one into voting for a ten – more... hour schedule each work day with out any over time hours after 8 hours like the state require by only focusing on telling everyone they will get a whole day off, soon after the change everyone realized that day is such a waist because all you do is sleep trying to get what you have missed back.
wage does not increase from $11.50 but they expect you to live on that knowing its not a living wage.
they only offer employment from one company so not really a staffing agency really just a way to rip of the comunity – less
Great Leadership, and wonderful team
Staff Management (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: fun, productive, challenging
Cons: n/a
I learned how to work cooropertavely with team mates and meet daily criteria and quotas. Working at a fast pace allowed me to get things done in a timely manner. everyone was helpful in all aspects, your never left alone in a situation someone is always willing to help.
Stack boxes into trucks. load pallets, operate order picker, freight stocker.
Employee (Current Employee), Redlands, CAJuly 23, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Stack boxes into trucks. load pallets, operate order picker, freight stocker. I also pick out items so they can be shipped out. i organize the shelves at work.
data analyst
data recruiting analyst (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 21, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: seasonal work
I liked the flexibility of this job and the people i worked with. I loved being able to talk on the phone all day, while entering data into the computer.
Great company and atmosphere with a vary of positions and chances of career training advancment
Compound Cleaner (Current Employee), Port Washington, WIJuly 20, 2015
Coming into my shift I evaluate what needs to be addressed and tackle it.
So far I've learned the correct ways to operate various warehouse forklifts. I also learned
the MSDS rules and regulations – more... of managing different chemicals that I may come in contact with throughout the day. Also the proper PPE to wear to ensure safety. The hardest part of the job is making sure to remember color codes to elevate contamination which is very important. the most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity throughout the job which there is never a dull moment. – less
Productive and steady environment
packer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free fruit and snacks, exercise after every break
Cons: Short breaks, the distance from your station to the breakroom
A typical day at work was orientation at Amazon. The day was long, lots of walking, learning and test taking. But I enjoyed it.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cayce, SCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Didn't hold you around wasting time when there wasnt anything to do.
Cons: seasonal
Shipping and receiving was time consuming. I enjoy staying busy. professional environment. No one had time for drama just work. I had the opportunity to learn more.
productive work place
Stowing (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun, interesting job
Cons: short breaks
Amazon fulfillment center is a very fun and interesting place to work. What I learned most about working at this job, is how to work independently while still being productive and making the appropriate rate.
fast pace work enviroment
Loader (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no job security
I never felt like my time wasn't being utilized here. There was always something to do. Lots of overtime. It was a friendly and productive place to work. The supervisors were always there to help with any issues that came about.
A fast pace and fun working enviroment.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks, healthcare
This job needs a person who is very hard working. The hardest part was picking up heavy items. But overall it was a fun place to work in.
great company
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: temp not a secure job
it is a great company but I am a temp worker and I need a permanent job for my kids and I with benefits and security. I come in to work at ingram micro and drive the reach truck and put up products, make production and go home.
Direct Tv
PSU/ JABIL (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
all we do is clean direct tv boxes and cords and we ship them back to direct tv. i stand for 8 hours cleaning PSU cords making sure there is no damages. i learn how important it is to have clean cords shipped out and making sure everything work. we also make sure that there is no water or smoke damage.
Work in a team environment
Line Loader (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Work flexable hours, Healthcare not required
Cons: Unable to advance in the company
Self motivated I like to keep my area clean. Always looking to improve my position in the company. Work well with others and knowing that I put in a full days work is most enjoyable.
Great work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Treated to lunch
Cons: Stood on feet 10+ hours
At Amazon, I got to work with friends and employees were able to get referral bonuses. There was plenty of OT available and I was able to work only four days a week.
Productive and fun workplace, friendly people
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAJune 29, 2015
worked at this place was really nice learned many things such as package handling where the product come from and going to and other activities.