SMX Employee Reviews

friendly staff
Line Worker, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Archbold, OHFebruary 4, 2016
enjoyed working with the staff. they were very helpful and always friendly. were very quick to answer questions and provide training when needed
Cons
temporary services
It's ok for the money
Fulfillment/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCFebruary 4, 2016
Get little-to-no time to use restroom during scheduled breaks. The expectations are a little off, and you are treated as though you're a child. Not permitted to talk, listen to music while you work. Condone little-to-no interaction between associates unless on break
Pros
ok pay. lots of areas to learn
Cons
no down time
Job Security
Amazon Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Current position will always be a temporary position and could be laid off at anytime. I love the Amazon environment however smx is a moderate company.
SMX was a good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day involved all of us who worked in a certain department gathering together and stretching before we started working. Because the job required us to walk for about 8 or 9 hours. Walking around the warehouse for that amount of time was the hardest part of the job.The people there were friendly and if you asked for help you got it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of walking
Not for everyone....
Picker (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2016
i can't speak for other job titles, but as a picker the work is very fast paced with you looking for various items small and large whilst digging through over packed bins (and there's a time limit) sometimes the items aren't there, damaged, or have an unreadable bar code! you sometimes have to locate ladders that are often not where they are supposed to be so all of that will slow you down and god forbid if you have to go the bathroom or need a drink of water! Also all errors count against you! if you're not making rate fast enough meaning the chance of you getting fired is really high! i think they have extremely high expectations that aren't in my opinion very doable for many human beings (robots maybe) you don't really get to know any of your co workers because you can't really talk to anyone you have keep moving! people with disabilities be ware! they only seem to care about numbers! they write you up for literally everything!!! they have "coaches" who i rarely see coach but just pass out various write ups. They have way too many mandatory overtime which is not ideal for those in school or who have other priorities like other jobs etc. I personally will not be returning to work for this company.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
breaks are really short, unclear instructions, traffic, rude HR staff, point system
temp
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Temp agency who hired to work at Amazon in Tracy Ca. This company is an agency who provides employment for Amazon. Company who helped me get in to an temp position .
Pros
experience how to work several equipments. Met new people and enjoy this.
Cons
only Temp.
Did not like working here.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Brookville, PAJanuary 23, 2016
Worked at making doors for coolers at Bev-Air. When not making doors, went to other areas of the line to help out. Had no problems management or co-workers, just too fast paced for me.
package handler
package handler (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 20, 2016
My favorite workplace I've ever worked at. Graveyard shift was fast paced and co workers and managers were friendly and it was really fun working there. Great pay
Coaching employee to maintain a safe and productive work flow.
coach (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Important things that needed to be told to employees was never relayed to the majority of employees. I loved working for the company only thing is we needed better management.
sorting was cool
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 19, 2016
long days fast paced work is my favorite it kept me on my toes and motivated I wish the job had lasted longer..i would defintly go back if I had to next season
I think it was a great job and new experience for me
Picker/Packer/Rebin/Runner (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJanuary 19, 2016
I've learn so much and was presendent to new things and work. If I could go back to work and things was a different for me I sure would go back to work.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun and very busy
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 15, 2016
Good People Great place to work Was a very active environment and we helped a lot of people get good paying jobs.
Would definite work for this company in office or on job site.
Productive Work place
Package delivery driver+ (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 12, 2016
Everyday i'd load the van and head out on my route. At the end of the day i'd return to the warehouse, clean my van, and fill out the punch out paper work.
Smx is an ok temp place to work.
Temp Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJanuary 11, 2016
The same as Amazon but you are a temporary worker. The benefits are terrible and don't care about their employees. The managers at Amazon are not good
Pros
Make Friends
Cons
Terrible place to work.
Productive workplace , friendly and family oriented atmosphere.
Public Relations Coordinator/ Orderfill (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2016
SMX was a very productive workplace , friendly and family oriented atmosphere. My boss always made sure that her staff was hard at work. She made the work day go buy smoothly and comfortably.
Excellent
STAFF MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Excellent management team, benefits and training opportunities. Opportunity to utilize past professional experience coupled with onsite professional development.
Worse Temp Service
Temp (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 8, 2016
They treat you like you are garbage and always have complications with pay. I worked for SMX for nearly a year and it was the worse job experience I have ever had! In a single months time the company stole more than $250.00 from paychecks. They claimed the money was sent to my paycard and at the latest it would take 5 business days... Its been two months and I still haven't gotten paid.
Cons
everything
Learning Experience
Staff Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2016
The hardest part about this job was the shift itself. I mostly enjoyed working around those people who i grew a relationship, even outside of work. These job taught me a lot about myself and others.
great company with great pay
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJanuary 5, 2016
good company get pay every week the workers are so nice and generous and helpful. the work is so easy and smx staff helps you if you are having problems at h\the job
Pros
good pay
Cons
long travel
Intense work environment
SMX Coach (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 3, 2016
Everything is based on time management. You only get a 30 minute lunch break but the lunch break is only 20 minutes due to returning to the building and clocking back in to work. The managers have there certain individuals that gets special treatment. You get two 15 min. breaks and they are only 10 because you have to run back to your work area and scan the bin and a item out of the bin as well to be clocked back in.