SMX Employee Reviews

I was assigned to pick orders as customers ordered them.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day for me was picking a variety of products for our customers. I learned a lot about how warehouse operations work. The management was pretty good and they communicate very well. I like my coworkers and they really make my shifts more pleasant. The hardest part of the job was the hours that start to take a toll on your body. The most enjoyable part was the races we did for prizes.
Pros
Paid lunches, extra breaks, free snacks
Cons
Long extended hours
Friendly Work Enviroment
Staff Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Management is very nice and understanding.
Hours are lenient.
Typical day at work can be both calm and challenging.
I learned over the phone etiquette.
Friendly co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is doing a lot of work in a limited amount of time.
Most enjoyable is the management and constantly learning new skills.
Pros
Lenient hours, great management
Cons
N/A
Not a fun place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 18, 2016
My typical day was very physicially demanding bulk packages
into the rear of semis. I learned that the company had no respect
for their employees and the management was 2nd rate. My co-workers were young kids and for the most part top rate. the hardest
part of the job was loading 80 pound boxes of food stuff. the most
enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the shift when i went home.
Pros
no Pros!
Cons
The whole experience!
It's good for its purpose
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 21, 2016
The have been fired a lot for their mistakes and way of handling things (this agency might actually no longer exist). They are an agency that helps you work for companies to then work for the company itself. I went through them to work for amazon. The process was a bit bumpy, because of how they handled transferring and their data, but it worked out in the end.
Warehouse Team implementation /support
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 31, 2016
Great experiences with SMX. Team oriented environment.
Great potential for upward mobility.
Bonuses offered
Continued education opportunities
E-books for specified training
Employee benefits are good, and all inclusive.
Part of the True Blue Family so opportunities to move to other companies in the True Blue Family.
Pros
Ability Travel
Cons
Short Staffed, long hours
This is a staffing company.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 6, 2017
When I signed with SXM they were staffing for Amazon as well as a few other companies. I don't know if they have Amazon as a client anymore. They were quick to place people in available positions according to their skill and experience.
Pros
Quick placement in good jobs.
Cons
They did not have many corporate clients.
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 15, 2016
It was ok but went out of business. I thought they were semi-professional but could have improved on the experience of the employees. I would have liked it to be a more stable environment. The schedules were a bit inconsistent which impacted any other plans that may have been on the horizon.
Pros
Enjoyed people
Cons
Went out of business
Growth is the future for us all
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The job itself was great! Working on a project with google. Being able to see different stores and meet new people. Working with SMX was the main struggle. The culture was very "we must bow down, no matter how pleasant and respect you are". However, growth is possible for us all so I can leave it at that.
Fast paced and productive workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 21, 2016
While working for Smx Staffing, I was placed working in Amazon's cloths and small merchandise warehouse, also known as CVG 1. My job within the warehouse was to take incoming merchandise and to scan the individual items into the bin or container where they were to be stored in until purchased. This job was fast paced and required me to uphold a quota of items stored per hour, which helped me polish my time management skills. The majority of the shift I worked alone, which helped with self management. The management at Amazon focused around shipping and item quality and also was greatly concerned with keeping their employees safe. The hardest part of the job for me was working completely by myself for the majority of the shift and the most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment after a busy day within the warehouse.
Pros
Great hours and wage
Cons
Secluded working
Long hours, inattentive HR
Fulfillment Associate Amazon (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 12, 2016
SMX Staffing was one of the worst employers I have ever had the displeasure of working for. The main takeaway from the experience was that I was not a human being, but an automaton attached to an employee number. The 10 hour work days does take a week or two to acclimate to, but the fact that there were no direct points of contact to reach out to when issues arose, coupled with their herding-of-bodies mentality left a very bad taste in my mouth, and the opinion that the company, as a whole leaves much to be desired
Pros
Will put you to work immediately
Cons
Short breaks, unrealistic expectations
Good managerial experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAJanuary 24, 2017
Good work environment. Learned a lot about managing an office and production team. Senior management was solid and dependable. Most enjoyable part of the job was team atmosphere.
Pros
Team oriented environment
Cons
Short term future
sressed
Staffing Management (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 23, 2017
were not getting paid enough to do the thing that we were doing. other amazons were getting paid much more but the amazon in san Bernardino were the one that was pushing the most volume . employees were not getting recognize of their hard work
fun work environment but a struggle to perform
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoyed the work over all. I got to see a lot of product as it came in. my main job was either to receive or stow product. The hard part of this job was making rate.
Pros
great pay, worked at night, less traffic
Cons
rate was too high
Picker (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 25, 2016
This company is very unprofessional. The comapny has no clue had to hire personal. They have no clue how to have proper orienation that will teach the new employees avout the company. Amazon needs to find a better staffing company that cares for their new employees as well as for the company. I do not recommend this company to no one. Apply direct to Amazon. You won't be wasting your time.
Pros
the pay
Cons
stand for a long time for no reason
Climate controlled facility with good food in break rooms.
Stower (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working for smx I never had any problems with anything. The only thing is that it was really crowded around peak. Being a Stower I would stock the shelves with product. Sometimes it would be so crowded that it would be hard to find an aisle to go to. Walking to the break rooms would take out most of the time for the breaks.
Pros
Climate controlled, tacos and burritos on Fridays, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, too crowded
Good company just in a market that is unstable
Amazon.com- Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2016
I like the company and everyone I work with; however, there is not much recent job security is these last few years. Everyone I've met along the way has been really knowledgeable but with the recent loss of some of the bigger clients, there haven't been much job security for anyone
Pros
Creative autonomy, pay
Cons
A little unorganized and unstable
Not good
stow, icqa, pack (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 22, 2016
The only thing that I liked about this place was the pay otherwise it sucked. They loved to hand out write ups even though you didn't deserve it then blame it on Amazon. Employees in the office blame each other for things that they did. Would never work for this place again.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Do not work here..
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 14, 2017
Sigh ... 5 minutes of training,disrespect,horrible management, zero opportunity to grow. SMX YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY.
Pros
Good Snacks and food in their machines.
Cons
Unorganised, short breaks dont get paid for lunch breaks, disrespect.
Managers What are those?
Picker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 14, 2016
started working there and had 6 managers worked there for 3 months all of them quit. and the office employees are rude to the staff you turn in doctors notes for being out when you called out a day in advanced for medical reasons and they say they never got it and have no idea what you are talking about and then try to say you have points that are not really there to try and fire you.
Pros
Cons
No support from managers or company
very good pay and clean enviroment to work in
Amazon Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 8, 2016
The smx employees are very nice and helpful. The work svhedules are crazy but the pay is great. The job is only forgadt paced and hard working people.
Pros
great pay and fun work enviroment
Cons
long hours not enough breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8