SMX

SMX Employer Reviews

Material Handler (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ALSeptember 14, 2014
Its a alright place to work. I'm still a temp, probably will be a temp for awhile.
productive steady pasted environment
Team Member (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch on sundays
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day is busy sometimes fun, iv learned how to use some of the equipment at the warehouse. The hardest part was sometimes I would have to multi task but id never complain and the most enjoyable part was easy smooth days.
Bad place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 9, 2014
Low income, bad hours, no benefits, Not for everyone unless you know someone in the company to help you out. I was one of very few Caucasian males that worked for them and I was treated unequally
Computor Distribution
STAFF MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Millington TnSeptember 8, 2014
It is a very good work place but unfortunate my manager spent over the budget so he was force to cut the cost of employee.
Horrible place to work.
Warehouse (Current Employee), Lewisberry, PASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
I loved the people that I worked with, but unfortunately they treat you like slaves. Your opinions aren't valued at all, management does not listen and when you ask for help they assume that you aren't capable of doing your job. The hours are long and you have no life outside of the warehouse. They give you short breaks, but after the time you take – more... to walk to th designated break room,you have virtually no break left and have to walk back to work. – less
Great Management Team
Material Handler (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 30, 2014
I enjoyed the morning meetings, where we did stretches and reviewed the work from the day before. Everyone was very dedicated and came too do a job which kept the pace going.
very productive work setting
Sorter (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2014
work was fast paced and always available
I learned about different doors
management was okay
I loved my co-workers
the hardest part of the job was working in the heat
I enjoyed the people I worked with the most
No good comunication with employees
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: clean, safe place to work
Cons: not secure job
the management does not communicate very well. good work environment and setting, people are nice but very unorganized, always changing things, clean place to work and very safe. Typical day would be to either ship or receive product into the building.
Fun Place (AMAZON) SB
Picker (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 11.50/hr
Cons: no life
Long hours, pay is great.
Easy job nothing hard about it.
I was a picker I just used a RF scanner all day .
Very Productive place
Forklift Operator/ Temp (Former Employee), carlisleAugust 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: 60 hours a week constantly
Very productive and Busy
Forklift skills, Picking and Packing, Ability to lift heavy objects
Management Was Good
Coworkers were fine
Working 6 days a week 10 hr days for months at a time
Forklift
Prepare to walk 15 miles a night.
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee), Lewisberry, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: physical, pretty good pay, nice people.
Cons: hot, dusty, dirty, dangerous, and deceptive.
While it was one of the most physically grueling jobs I have ever had, I found the Amazon employees to be upbeat, friendly and helpful. The SMX staff however is an entirely different story, and between the staffing management's attempts to throw accountability for on the job injuries to out of work activities (You fell off of the step stool and sprained – more... your ankle. You sprained your ankle before? Must be an old injury.) and willingness to lie to your face in regards to your moving to a fulltime position with Amazon (this happens to anyone who is hopeful of getting a fulltime position), and the work environment (Clean but hot with no air conditioning, constant PIT movement), I wouldn't work here again for twice the pay unless being hired directly by Amazon into a fulltime permanent position. – less
nice clean environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cayce, SCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: exercise before shift
Cons: mandatory overtime
It was an exciting place to work I learned to use new equipment and to be a team member.
Fast paced
Packer (Former Employee), Cayce, SCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free snacks, pay
Cons: short breaks, and long walks
A lot of walking, short breaks, fun co-workers. You had so many temps you were hard to be remembered if you wasn't loud. A lot of very young workers. The hardest part was the standing for 10 hours.
Fast pace job, somewhat good working environment.
FC Associate (Former Employee), Carlisle, paAugust 10, 2014
Picking, packing, shipping and loading is the typical daily routine. Learned how to fulfill orders for customers. Management and co-workers were okay to work with. Nothing was hard about the job, and the most enjoyable part was loading trucks.
work place
Packer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 5, 2014
It was my first ever experience in a ware house. It was very organized on where things were and what you were doing. You did your job and tried to always improve.
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2014
good pay, good people, good atmosphere. short breaks, bad location, no room for growth.
yes I like working there
I was a Universal Tester (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 24, 2014
I build servers and test them also to go out on the production line.
Job
SMX (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: job
It's a temp to conversion job. You do everything they do but for $10.50 for 1,200 Hours. If you're bad you're fired, if you're good you're held on and then potentially converted or let go.
SMX/Amazon
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Patterson, CAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: air conditioning in the whole building, free gatorade and coffee
Cons: 15 minute breaks did not include the 10 minute travel time, from your assigned department to the break room.
My typical workday involved endless shelf stocking.
During the first week on the job i was trained in powered industrial equipment however i was not given any opportunity to become certified.
Management would tell each temporary employee that we would be trained in each department however when one department needed extra hands several temps were laid – more... off and new hires were brought in.
Most Amazon employees didn't have any time for answering questions from any temps.
The hardest part of the job was keeping your sanity between the constant threat of losing your job for not making metrics and the endless inventory replenishment with little shelf space for many items.
The best part of the job was the 10 hour days, 4 days a week work schedule. – less
Not stable
Production Worker (Current Employee), Asheboro, NCJune 24, 2014
Pros: friendly enviornment
Cons: no hours
Constantly hiring new employing and not scheduling current employes to work. Was hired for full time currently get around 15 hours a week.

1 2 3 4 5