SMX

SMX Employee Reviews

productive, fast pace work enviorment.
warehouse (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 26, 2015
A day at amazon as a picker will require tons and tons of walking. Percentage goal is important so you are constantly moving quickly to meet rate. TOT ( time off task) is another BIG one. In other words,less talking more working. It could be quite challenging at times, it might not be for everyone.Amazon is a well known company so therefore that means there will be a lot of employees, not to mention during peek season it gets very hectic.
Fun place to work great enviorment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Spaceous
Cons: employes
Pick and stow
Learned how to use a scanner
Management sometimes doesn't look at the workers perspective in an issue.
Nothing was to difficult in my job, no major complaints overall.
Stressful
Picker (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers, no cell phones
Cons: Short breaks, not really resonable
A typical day is picking items that people have placed with Amazon. You have to pick so much in a certain time limit.

The supervisors are not very friendly. The environment is hot and fast. Co workers are usually always friendly.

They do have a high turn over rate with their employees.

The pay is good, this is a good job to have if you need a job and money.

the hardest part is getting all the items in a time limit.

the company isn't really reasonable on the picking limit. Not a good place to work if you have something medically wrong with you.
what can i say
Material Handler (Former Employee), Flowery Branch, GAJune 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no benifits
I was a temp and the only reason i left was because at the time you could only work with the company for a year.I really enjoyed my time working there and i would like to find another company like this one.
running around picking product off the shelves
Pick associate (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJune 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: unrealistic work load
clock-in and grab a telezon and head on to pick the fist items off the the shelves that has the product on them placed the picked items into a tote
Fun working environment
Product Sorter (Former Employee), Hebron, KYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Short Breaks
They take care of their customers as well as thier employees there are always something fun about the week. Plenty of oppurtunities as well
Fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Prizes, lunches
Cons: Short breaks, unstable work
Can be a very fun place to work lots of VTO and Prizes for more picks in an hour. Free lunches on holidays. Full time positions.
business oriented quick paced enviroment i enjoyed it
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJune 16, 2015
Pros: cookouts, friendly people
Cons: healthcare, distance
typical day included finding and EPJ(electric pallet jack) creating the flags for the orders after picking them up , going and picking/stacking the products onto pallets wrapping them then placing them to be loaded ontu a truck. management was very encouraging although the worst part of the job was all the mandatory overtime given with less than 24hrs notice.I learned how to keep a good consistent work pace instead of trying to go in and tire myself out by the time I got to the 8 hour mark for the day. my coworkers were all a friendly bunch and while we did associate it was clear everyone had there mind where it should be while working. I enjoyed my time working at the Starbucks warehouse.
Train new hires and operate my own machine
Trainer/Work Cell Operator (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJune 12, 2015
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: gossipping folks
I would train new hires as needed otherwise on a daily basis I would seal, package and box individual packs of various battery sizes.
I learned that I could do anything if I try hard and do my best.
Management done their jobs but could be hard to find at times.
A couple co-workers became friends. There was much gossip at this job but I just distanced myself from these people.
The hardest part of this job was to teach some of the new hires all the processes, how to read and understand specs.
The most enjoyable part of this job is when I would break production records. I love a little friendly competition.
productive and fun
Amazon ICQA Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 10, 2015
Working at Amazon through SMX Staffing was an experience through which most of all the pay rate was great. Most employees were willing to keep their job for the sake of the money. I experienced working with a diverse group of people who worked hard and long hours. The hardest part of the job was the consistency to keep working through a twelve hour shift. The most enjoyable part the job was time to go on break, even though, the break period was about at the longest was 30min., 15min. at the least.
Very large warehouse, time went by really fast.
Stower (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 9, 2015
I spent my shifts working by myself scanning and storing all of the new merchandise. I didn't really have time to interact with co-workers, there was always a lot to get done. The hardest part of the job I'd have to say was being on my feet for 10 hours a day.
I enjoyed the friendships developed, and training programs.
Inbound Stower (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: The pay was good, Staff and co-workers were helpful. And the work interesting.
Cons: By the time you reach the break rooms the 15 minute breaks were over.
My job there was seasonal. It was more satisfactory than it was easy.
The 10 to 12 hour days went by fast because I was busy and always focused on the job and safety.
Fun and productive workplace
Associate Coach (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 24, 2015
SMX taught me how to manage many tasks at once. It was a fast pace workplace that required strong leadership, time management and great organization to work for SMX. A normal day was very fast pace but fun and productive.
nice seasonal work
SMX Coach (Former Employee), Amazon building 5May 22, 2015
Pros: easy seasonal employment
Cons: work load slows significantly after holiday season
Amazon building 5 you start out with stretches, then you pick a pallet lane, Start scanning boxes to pallet locations, boxes are mostly around 5lbs with the occasional 30 to 40 lb box, build pallets to 6ft, wrap pallet take it to staging area and start again, you do this all day till your done. do your job and stay on task and you wont have any problems there
fast paced
Order Filler/Stower/Packer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 21, 2015
Ok company to work. Fast pace and strict about making rate. Have to also complete a certain amount of hours to be eligible to get hired.
fun fast pace enviroment , people were nice
sort (Former Employee), hebron kyMay 20, 2015
fun fast pace room to grow , very helpful supervisors , they were very goo at training you making sure you understood the job
Co-workers are great to work with.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2015
Cons: 20 mimutes break
productive,
hardwork
good co-workers
hot in the summer ,and cold in the winter. I would love to work for them again. if only I could contact them.
GREAT
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 15, 2015
GREAT JOB GOOD PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND CO WORKERS YOU LEARN A LOT FROM PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH DAILY DAY BEGINS AT 6AM TO 3P MON-FRI NO HARD PARTS TO THE JOB ENJOY WORKING AND MAKING A LIVING BEST PART OF THE JOB
good for temp job
Stower (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Set schedule
Cons: Hard to hit rates.
The first year I was here, It was not communicated affectively that it was a seasonal position. After realizing this, we were informed that 200 of us or so would be hired. This was a lie. 99% of the seasonal staff was laid off by January. Coming back the next year I knew what to expect, so this wasn't so much of an issue. Rates are extremely hard to reach when in the stow position, so I advise that those who apply here to try as hard as they can to get out of the position. During the seasonal peak, its nearly impossible to hit the required rates.
When going to work you where to work. The company didn’t offer their employees fun activities.
Utility Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 5, 2015
Pros: The job assignment was mangeable.
Cons: The company didn’t offer any pay raises or decent benefits.
A typical work day consist of twelves’ hour’s shifts and rotation each month; one month days the next nights. I learned the important of keeping the production line functioning and the important of each. The management team at time can be very unprofessional. The co-workers where very hard working and always did what asked. The hardest part of this job was the twelve hours rotating shifts having people show up for work. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining long relationships, also completing task on time

1 2 3 4 5