Snack Innovations is a Snack Foods Manufacturer in Brooklyn NY, specializing in the production of "better-for-you" Snack Products. Our Snacks are all Popped, produced in proprietary food processing equipment which yield Snack Foods that are much healthier than traditional Snacks. Our Products are sold all over the World.
Outstanding career opportunity for a Food Quality Assurance and Food Safety Administrator / Manager to join a leading Snack Food Manufacturing and Packaging Company located in Brooklyn, NY.
The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards, and has oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance. This person is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of products meets or exceeds all quality standards. This person also has responsibility for communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
Quality Assurance Admin, food industry, GFSI and/or HACCP Certification, continuous improvement implementation, Lean Manufacturing, pest , and sanitation knowledge
- Implements and maintains all quality systems (i.e HACCP, SQF 2000).
- Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards.
- Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Manages the coaching, education and training of staff and plant employees for Quality Assurance.
- Develops, facilitates and maintains the Plants HACCP, and GSFI program.
- Manage and monitors all plant activities to ensure all Food Safety and Food Quality audit requirements are met.; and responsible to oversee all local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits and inspections.
- Manages activities of Raw Materials and Finished product quality initiatives
- Oversees raw material processing runs to assure specification
- Manages development and implementation procedures for handling storage labeling and lot tracking of raw materials and Finished Products.
- Reviews all product labels used in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
- Maintains or ensures the maintenance of the Nutritional Database System for the facility.
- Supervises the appropriate chemical, bacteriological, sensory and utilization tests on raw materials and finished products.
- Manages and ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all required quality tests and activities.
- Ensures adherence to all contract packaging quality requirements.
- Manages the operation of the plant laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
- Degree in a science-based area of study and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the food industry; Snack Food preferred.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation systems, pest controls, processing techniques and procedures, and mechanical knowledge of processing and packaging equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- 3+ years as a Quality Assurance Technician working in a food manufacturing Plant.
- HACCP, GFSI, Certification is a plus.
Salary: USD $40,000 - $70,000 Per Year
Career Level Required: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Experience Required: 2+ to 5 Years
Education Required: Certification
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Indeed - 15 months ago