SNAP, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent - Tech Company, Benefits, Collaborative Culture
AV Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2018
If you know anything about the fast-paced, young culture taking over the tech industry you know that snap is one of those innovative leaders that encourages adaptability, cross-collaboration and creative expression. I worked with the AV team, one of the more technical roles, but I can honestly say that the people and environment alone are enough to make you want to work harder and push yourself and the company to its limits....because there are none. Apart from budget, there is literally no end to all the work that can be accomplished or experience you can pick up from the already seasoned veterans here. Also, every office has a fully-stocked kitchen and refrigerator.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, transportation between offices
Cons
You can't live and work here
A great company to work for.
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Highly recommend this company to anyone, if you like you interact with Americas finest you will love this job. Being prior military was the best advantage to this job.
Pros
pay
Cons
weekends
Fast paced but fun environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
a typical day at work is around 10 hours, and is very fast paced. learned a ton on the job, from both my manager and my teammates/other snap employees.
Pros
catered breakfast, lunch stipend, unlimited vacation
Cons
long hours, lack of internal systems
The company is full of politics. Not a good company.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
Management is not good. The company rules by politics. Management does not care about employees. They do not tolerate different opinions. And they do not respect people.
Pros
Good benefit.
Cons
A lot of politics. Poor management.
Love teaching young people about ways to save for their future
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 3, 2017
My Job as an instructor with SNAP is both rewarding and satisfying. I am a shameless patriot and I love our military. I have an opportunity to give back to our soldiers by teaching them about money and investments. I help them learn how to make informed financial decisions about their future. This is a contract job with no benefits. I teach 8 hours on a Saturday two to three times a month.
Pros
Helping Soldiers make informed decisions about their financial future.
Cons
It's contract work, only an 8 hour class a couple Saturdays a month.
Nice government contractor company
Sr. Instructional Designer/ ADL Developer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 25, 2017
Salary not so good for government contractor. But good management, and no professional development opportunities funded. Not enough PTO, benefits otherwise is fine.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Salary not so good
Fun environment with beach vibes and a lot of cool perks.
Customer O (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAMay 20, 2017
It was great working at Snap Inc. because of the cool atmosphere, the great employees, and laid back environment. Their management can improve, there was always a lack of communication that trickles down and gets taken out on the employees. The team is very diverse and ultimately very friendly.
Pros
Great food, great beach views, great culture.
Cons
Terrible communication amongst management.
Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 6, 2015
I worked at SNAP as an Administrative Assistant for a couple years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt like SNAP took the time to mentor me and was actively invested in my growth. The management team is wonderful, they give you direction without micro-managing and place trust in their employees that the job will get done.

Another great thing, all health benefits are covered 100% for full-time employees. You can't beat that!
Pros
Fully paid health/dental insurance, flexible with hours, friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Does not match 401K
Great place to work!
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 6, 2015
SNAP offers the family feel of a small business with the ideas and innovation of much larger companies. Management team is accessible to all employees. Everyone pitches in at busy times and helps each other out. Employee benefits (health, dental, life) are 100% paid by the company for full-time employees. Hard work and dedication are highly valued.
Pros
Company paid employee benefits, great team atmosphere
Cons
Can be high stress during busy seasons
Great team to work with!
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 2, 2015
This is a company doing big things and still, pleasantly, operating like a small business. Lines of communication are open, co-workers are friendly and helpful. Everyone wears multiple hats but my manager is never too busy to answer my questions or to give me the support that I need to be successful. The cost of employee benefits is entirely paid by the company. I'm very happy with my decision to become a part of SNAP, Inc.
Pros
Autonomy, independence, company paid health/dental/life insurance
Instructor
PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Challenging organization to work for. Only concerned about profit!
Pros
Interacting with young soldiers
Cons
Work environment / expectations
Very easy to work with and responsive to employees needs
IT Support Specialist Level III (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 4, 2014
I've worked for Snap, Inc a couple years now and have been impressed with their professionalism as well as their non-micro management ways of letting their employees do what they do best.
Contracting work at USDA FS
Help Desk Specialist Tier II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2014
The USDA Forest service is an amazing place to work as an employee , but as a contractor we have no benefits, and our employement is temporary . While I was here I enjoyed the work environement and the freedom of schedule.
A typical day at USDA Forest Service starts around 7:00 AM , for me, and I get in and go straight to work. We have no minimum requirements for each day, which allows us the freedom to take as much time as need to resolve any user issues, I loved this. At 10:00 AM I usally took a break and got myself some morning coffee, came back to work at 10:15. I continued to work until 1:30 PM took my lunch and got back to work at 2:00 PM. Continued to work until 3:30 PM and left for the day. My co-workers and the forest service employees where the nicest people and made me feel very much at home.
Pros
Self paced work environement, Schedule freedom
Cons
no benefits
workplace the environment is great
Advanced Leadership Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2013
great organization to be a part of.

co workers got along well with one another.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
12 month contract
Didn't like it. A very bad place to work.
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 3, 2013
Lied about being hired full time. Just a overall bad experience.
Cons
not a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNAP, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.