Snap-on Employee Reviews

no support
no marketing
poor commissions
could be 90 days to get paid
manager only cares about getting order no support after that
Pros
schedule your own time, freedom
Cons
everything else
Great place to be a self starter and advance your career.
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2016
Snap On is a place where you determine how far you want to advance in your career path. Plenty of technology and new machines to stay up to date on your skill sets.
Pros
Plenty of work!
productive and fun
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Algona, IAJuly 15, 2016
a typical day at work consists of: going to ones work station and preparing for the day. bending sheet metal and operating machines. combining parts to make a completed toolbox. lastly: sanding and sending it on to the paint line. the co workers were amazing and friendly. fun and unfiltered in a very comfortable environment.
Pros
different jobs every day, there is a lot to learn, and amazing breakroom
Cons
short breaks, long hours, and very hot in the summer
experimental position that was only given 10 months
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 10, 2016
these days were spent looking for new companies to try to make tool sales. We were given a new tool truck for customers to shop in, but the territories were too limited so growth was also limited.
Pros
state of the art new tool truck to show customers
Cons
most businesses weren't very accepting of salesmen
A fun uplifting enviornment constantly learning on a daily basis.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJuly 7, 2016
When I arrive to the snap on truck in the morning the first thing I do is check if customers orders have came in put the orders in the days box(meaning if it's a monday customer put it in the monday box). Drive to automotive shops on the days route. Handing out flyers and new sales ads showing customers new tools to make there job easier. Bring customer's ordered tools or find a specific tool customer needs, if I don't have that tool order it for customer after finding it in the catalog. Charge customer for tool thats needed and apply payment to there truck account or snap on credit account. Print a receipt of payment which shows new account balance. At the end of the day close the day by counting till, blanacing till, print out end of day paperwork, file paperwork, check inventory sold to replenish, or order tool to replenish stock on the truck, turn lights off, set alarm and lock up truck.
Pros
Free lunch, meet awesome people, learning on the daily
Cons
Long days 12-17 hour days
not a fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2016
I was temp who was promised a job, they dismessd most if not all temps once they get there time out of them, racist towards blacks, and treat temps very poorly
Pros
it was a job
Cons
treated poorly, racist bosses
I feel very fortunate to have job
Plating Line Worker/Bailer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2016
Very busy fast pace, learned to deal with a diverse group of people. Management delegates me power and authority to get job done. Co-workers coexist me in getting the job done in a team oriented fashion. the hardest part of job is multi tasking. Most enjoyable part of day is when the job is finished and there are no complaints
Pros
Lot of freedom
Cons
working thru temp. service
A great place to work
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 15, 2016
Typical work day involves around 70+ interactions from multiple sources. Phone, email, SMS and chat.

Management group are very considerate and always willing to help.

Never worked at a place with so many fun people.
Good Company To Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILApril 28, 2016
I learned a lot working at Snap-on. It is very fast paced and you have to learn things at a very quick speed. I learned great customer service skills because of this company.
Mobile Store Manager - Great for the right person
Mobile Company Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2016
Do you enjoy talking to the same 200sh people every week? Reminding them continuously that they owe you money and explaining in detail exactly how little they can pay you this week and still be "ok." "Everything is fine," you say, "I'll just adopt a more conservative strategy and sell to only those who can afford it." Not so fast, you arrive back to your shipping location and find $7500 in floor jacks sitting there you knew nothing about. But this isn't the first time. It could be a $5000 dollar toolbox. It could be thousands of dollars in weekly promotions. It really doesn't matter. Just count on Snap-on to shove product down your throat, and then hold you accountable when you keep squeezing the route for the money, you make the sales, but the money isn't there. Who wants to sell something and then not be able to move on? The product is fine, the sale is fine, everything is lined up, but you are forced to come groveling back to these people for more money when they can't afford it. One more thing, mechanics are a stupid bunch. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my experience, but for the most part. They are a stupid, stupid bunch. Have a great day.
Pros
independce
Cons
a little lady in an office bugging me b/c she thinks she knows how to run a truck
Fun Career
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 19, 2016
I enjoyed every day of being a franchise owner, Snap-on has some of the best staff and trainers they really want all of us to succeed. I would recommend making the investment.
Pros
Being your own boss
Cons
you will work more then a regular job.
Automotive tools and electronics
Dealer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 7, 2016
Day spent meeting with automotive techs, mechanics, auto-body repair shops selling the needed equipment and tools to help each individual or shop become better equipped to handle the complexities of an ever changing automotive field.
Professional work environment and Business atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 30, 2016
I would go from business to business selling product and receiving payments from all customers and solving any issues that came up in terms of the product that was previously bought by the customer and any problems with shipping and receiving. I have learned the aspects of running a business as a whole and being heavily involved makes a business more successful. I have learned a multitude of valuable experiences from accounting to inventory to sales. The hardest part of the job would be the many hours I spent helping to run the business successfully. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the sense of success that I got helping different customers and having a good sales day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Always pressed for time
Great Learning Experience
Franchisee Owner (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 28, 2016
I purchased the franchise and worked it for 3 years before health problems with my spouse forced me to quit. I found myself to be great at sales but not so great at money collection.
Pros
You're the boss
Mobile Store Manager
Mobile Store Manager - Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Long hours but excellent job. No micro-management and you have the ability to make business decisions yourself. Travel daily to see customers.
Pros
Excelent empowering job
Cons
Long Hours
Great business, as long as you have the money to lose.
Snap-On Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2016
Very fast-paced, and long days with a lot of stress-related circumstances. I did learned a lot about the tools of the trade, and was grateful for the time spent with my customers each week. The hardest part of the job was collecting payments from some customers who did not live up to the set payment plan that was agreed upon at the time of the sale. Also, a lot of customers would leave a shop for various reasons, and were hard to locate (if at all) for money owed to me, which created losses to the business that really hurt my bottom line. Overall, I enjoyed my time spent with my customers, but would do some things differently.
Pros
Made a lot of good friends.
Cons
Too many losses for my pocketbook
An excellent Part time job when I am off of school
Volt Temp (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 23, 2016
Through working for Snap-On tools as a temporary employee I gained many of good friends and enjoyed coming to work every day. I hope that when I begin my career I can work for a company I enjoy just as much as Snap-On Tools.
great opp
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 22, 2016
this was a great opportunity while i was young however if you want to advance you have to buy a franchise which isn't cheap by any means
Not for hardcore developers
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2016
A lot of the people were either lazy or didnt have enough technical knowledge. Neither the management nor the employees show any interest in career improvement.
Pros
Work life balance is good. You have job security!
Cons
Have to work with a lot of lazy people with full of attitude!
Productive and fun place to work.
Quality Assurance and Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day begins in preparing for the daily activity of meeting production deadlines and gathering of products to meet those deadlines. The associates on the shop floor are both hard working and dedicated to their jobs and perform their jobs to the best of their ability. I find that helping the associates is the most rewarding part of the job and helping the associates achieve that knowledge is key to the success of the company.
Pros
Paid cell phone, associates on the shop floor
Cons
Compensation and advancement