Snap-on

Snap-on Employer Reviews

Who says the gold watch days are gone?
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Elizabethton, TNDecember 7, 2014
Pros: great care of their people, good environment, overall snap on is a great place to work
Cons: extremely long time served as a temp before hire.they tell you 1 yr, then 16-18 months....already talk of 2 yrs now.
As a whole, snap on is probably the best place I've ever worked. Great people, great environment, great pay and benefits...but only if you're full time. This is a place I could stay and retire from. Snap on goes to great lengths to keep their employees happy, but the price to get to full time hire is harsh. Up to two years as a temp and there's still – more... no promise...this practice I strongly disagree with as I have several children in need of medical insurance which I cannot afford on temp pay, but beyond that, I'm totally satisfied! Truly a challenging and rewarding job. – less
Great Place to Work
Customer Service/ Inside Sales (Current Employee), Kenosha, WINovember 18, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not much
I would Love to retire from this company. One of the most sucessful, fun, appreciated places I've ever worked.
Nice working environment for the most part but extremely noisy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
Reviewed email first thing in the morning and had a regular schedule of reports: Monday - payroll reports, Tuesday, sales reports, Wednesday - contest reports, etc.

Co-workers were very nice and worked well together. There was some friction with the franchisees and the office staff.

The most difficult part of the job was not being able to fulfill – more... orders and having to talk to independent businessmen about lack of product availability. Also, had to do some credit collections.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to learn a variety of programs. – less
General Office Clerk/Franchise Admin Assist (Former Employee), Kenosha, WINovember 11, 2014
Easy access to work. Great company with advance opportunities. Fun place to work
Its been many years since I worked there
Maintenance Mechanic of 146 (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSNovember 9, 2014
Its been many years since I worked there - I did enjoy the position and company however family obligations at that time required me to return to WI
productive
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 7, 2014
it was challenging for anyone, you had to work or you couldn't be there. co workers were very nice. I enjoyed the pay every week.
Working For Myself
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Abingdon, VAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: meet different people and go to different places everyday
Cons: long days
A day starts at 4AM and ends at 6PM sometimes later. Travel to many customer sites and provide solutions to their problems.
Good award ceremonies
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pearland, TXOctober 9, 2014
I learn that when selling tools you will be one of the best sellers in the company. Inventory is very important and collecting money from customers.
Gage Calibration was an interesting challenging job and I liked it at Snap On but I knew they would be closing.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: independent
Cons: alot of work in a short time.
Snap On was famous for their tools and I was responsible for measuring employees measuring gauges. The people were very dedicated and it was a good place to work. Management was good. My whole day would be to make sure employees calipers, micrometers and any other measuring gauges they used were accurate. I enjoyed my job there but then there was talk – more... of closing and they did. – less
Productive place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Elizabethton, TNSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits good
Management and Co-workers were great to work with.
Learned a lot there.
Good Company
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: managers
Cons: can not think of anything.
Working for Snap-On Tools was a great company to work for. The Management Team was very good,
Good place with interesting work
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee), Rochester, MI 48307September 24, 2014
Pros: like family work environment.
Cons: lower salary.
Friendly and personable people.

Get to know everyone on a personal level.
the best Tools company
Mobile Company Store Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Great Values company, would recomend as a great place to work!
Snap On Tools is not a positive Franchise to own.
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee), Lehighton Pa. 18235August 26, 2014
Pros: few
Cons: very long hours, substantial financial debt.
Snap On Tools is not a positive experience. The restricted territories are not balanced. If you are fortunate enough to step into a territory with a higher head count and stop count you may be quite successful. However Snap On has many territories that are undesirable and do not give the Franchisee the opportunity to grow.
Upper Management refuses to – more... rectify the problem and allows many Franchisees to suffer while putting all their eggs in their best Territories baskets. Aid will fall on deaf ears if you begin to slide on the slippery slope. I was very successful my first three years of operation. My territory then took a sudden economic downturn. Snap On fails to recognize that each region can be and often is different. Just look at the amount of turn over of Franchisees and open territories. Its substantial. Snap On s response to every Franchisee that is struggling is the same that they are taking to much money from there business. Also buy more tools. They continue to get fat and the Franchisee gets deeper and deeper in debt.
My suggestion if you are thinking of a Tool Franchise is to look long and hard at the territory they are trying to sell you. Consider how long it has been empty and speak with the Franchisee who had it prior to you.
Good Luck if you get one of these lean territories you will need it. – less
Efficient, productive, curteous customers service
Designer II (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIAugust 20, 2014
Professional, with a primary goal for uncompromising quality and customer satisfaction
Great job and great benefits
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Carson City, NVAugust 5, 2014
Great place to work, the pay and benefits are great.Great place to work, the pay and benefits are great.
SHIPPING AND RECIEVING CLERK
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: nation leading company
* Create proper UPS, FedEx, YRC, and domestic and international shipping documents including labels
* Operate sit-down forklift to unload and load trucks and select or relocate inventory
* Perform inventory cycle counts and maintain daily receiving logs utilizing Infor LN Global Inventory System
* Prepare contracted dealership kits for shipping to dealerships – more... both domestically and internationally – less
Another small company
Grinder Operator (Former Employee), Industry, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: the owner
Cons: little pay, no benefits
The owner/operator was great working with. He was also a grinder, so understood everything that needed to be done. I still go in once in awhile to help him out, but he had no benefits and little pay.
Productive successful company
Franchisee Owner (Current Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 2, 2014
Pros: financing
Cons: too long to receive replenishment
Sale, collect, purchase. Customer service, relationship with new customers on a daily basis. See customer satisfied with a great product at a great price.
Growing company
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIJune 4, 2014
Snap-on is a good place to work in Kenosha. Many people work there for 30+ years.

1 2 3 4 5

About Snap-on

Snap-on understands the mechanics of the automotive repair business. The company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of – Read more