Snap Fitness

Snap Fitness United States Employee Reviews

Club Operator
Club Operator (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Very Rewarding
Cons: Low Pay
Great job not so great pay, if this position had paid better I would have never left. This position was all about developing relationships with the members.
Great Experience
Franchisee Owner (Former Employee), TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Being in the business of helping other achieve fitness success goals
Cons: Retention
With any business it is hard work. The true enjoyment comes from seeing a member hit a fitness goal that seemed unattainable based on their prior experiences.
Awesome Gym!
Club Manager/Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 2, 2015
Pros: Motivational, great enviorment
Cons: Salary
Snap Fitness was the best job that i have held to date. I learned so much about personal training, sales, working with members new and current. I was able to express myself and my work ethic to the fullest. Sad to say they closed down reason why i am no longer with that gym. Im looking to have that kind of job again, Fitness club or not.
Supportive, family-like atmosphere. Clean facility!
Personal Fitness Trainer (Current Employee), Meridian, MSMarch 30, 2015
Being that it is a smaller gym, it was easy to get to know the regulars. Everyone is very supportive of each other and motivates others to reach their fitness goals.

This is the cleanest gym in the area!
EXCELLENT COMPANY!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2015
Slow environment. most of the customers are elderly so the job doesn't have the gym rats every where! The gym is always clean and the equipment is great. you always get your lunch! great place!
Autonomous Work Enviornment
Membership Coordinator/Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: autonomy, building fundamental business skills, good group of people
Cons: part-time
Each shift you're the guy/girl who runs the gym, from cleaning to financials. You're responsible for reading situations and coming up with the best resolution for members and the gym.

Throughout a shift you'll be cleaning to maintain the clean look, interacting with members in-person and over the phone, giving tours and talking to visiting prospects, and just being a social person.

Interacting with the people offsets some of the monotonous times that could come up during other tasks, but you'll learn and expand on a lot of basic skills like customer service, sales, marketing, etc.

Management group is cool, quick to respond to any needs and willing to help. They'll encourage you to think and come up with your own solutions, but they're willing to mix it up with you to brainstorm.
Great place
Manager (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAFebruary 2, 2015
Great place to work!

Owners were very easy to understand and we got along great.

I wish the compensation was better and there was little room for advancement. Great college job.

The job became routine.
The position offered me the room to implement new sales and marketing strategies.
Sales & Training Director (Current Employee), Lowell, MIJanuary 9, 2015
I enjoyed this position because I was able to do my job with little to no supervision. I mostly enjoyed the consultative sales process the most. I had a great deal of satisfaction selling an intangible service based on the consumer's goals. Furthermore, it is very important that I am passionate about the services that I provided. This passion directly equated to higher sales.
Snap fitness is a good place to work for
Fitness Assistant (Current Employee), Portage, MIDecember 26, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work for. At snap there is a great atmosphere and great members.
Great environment, good experience
General Manager/Personal Trainer (Current Employee), tupelo msDecember 19, 2014
Pros: commission, lots of community contact
Cons: long hours, very little base pay, seasonal commission. also limited
The corporate management is awesome, very fun and intuitive. however pay is not great hours are extremely long, and no benefits. No Professional courtesy or communication alot of times your guessing and hoping.
Provided convenient and affordable workout facilities
Owner (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 8, 2014
Owned workout facilities with my husband for 5 years. Motivated clients and staff and kept books for the business.
Healthy friendly atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Mentor-on-the-Lake, OHNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free membership
Great place to work with great people. The clients and members are all friendly! I come in when my clients are scheduled and we train for 45-60 minutes and then I am done for the session. Meeting new people on almost a daily basis is the best part. Getting to know your clients strengths and weaknesses and helping them improve every time you meet is a great feeling.
Great place to work with a great staff and friendly members that make work fun!
Sales Manger (Current Employee), Grimes, IANovember 20, 2014
Pros: free membership, free tanning
Cons: shorter shifts, more is needed in a short period of time, you are the only employee who works in your location
I have worked there for about five months. Because it is a part time job it is hard for most people to stick around. I'm currently in college so it helps me pay my bills and is basically the perfect job for myself. The staff and members are pretty great people to be around. I find my job very rewarding.
Gym Life
Membership Advisor/ Marketing Designer (Former Employee), Perkasie, PANovember 6, 2014
Snap fitness loves to rip off their customers. I did not like my boss so this review may bias, but I have no respect for the may he manipulated his employees and members. Not a fan of this work environment.
Enjoyed working with young and old people and helping them.
Gym Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: i could workout while at work if i had opportunity.
Cons: everytime i tried to workout the phone would ring or someone would come in.
A typical day at work is meeting and greeting new members and current members. I learned a lot about diet and exercise and the health benefits from it. Management was awesome! The people I worked for, the owners, are really great family oriented people. My co-workers were great and learned a lot from them as well as they from me. I guess the hardest part of the job would have to be a slow day or cleaning a really nasty bathroom. The most enjoyable part of my job which was also very rewarding for me was helping people get on the path to a healthy lifestyle.
laid back, low pay, no benefits, no advancement
Club Manager (Former Employee), Wright City, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: low pay, no advancement
A typical day involved running every component of the gym. That included marketing, sales, retention, cleaning, training, payroll, etc. The pay was not enough for what was required for the position.
Snap Fitness
Gym Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: job culture, work/life balance
Cons: compensation/benefits, advancement
As gym manager, I performed all customer relationships, daily operations, and sales roles of the gym. A typical day included cleaning the facility, maintaining equipment, and replenishing supplies. I would contact any customers with issues and reach out to prospective customers. I updated customer info and files, and resolved any billing issues. I am the only employee in the building, so I have to be self-motivated. Other employees oversee other gyms, and they are helpful and fun. The management team is super laid back which makes for a great work environment. The greatest downfall is the lack of advancement, low wage, and lack of benefits for someone who is career-minded.
Fun with members
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Dexter, MISeptember 7, 2014
Pros: i get to work out there
Cons: no healthcare benefits and higher pay
I really enjoy listening to members and what they share with me. I have many loyal members that bring me information, recipes, vegetables and tickets to events. I am sure to get right to cleaning when I get to work as I want it to be a healthy and nice environment to be in as a gym can get pretty messy quickly. I really like my manager. He is flexible, smart and handles issues in a timely manner. I also really like the owners who are down to earth business people. The hardest part of the job would be a lot of traffic through there which means a lot of clean up. I really appreciate sharing stories with the members that are regulars and laughing with them.
Great place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette ParishSeptember 7, 2014
I love the atmosphere and the gym is a great place to work. Corporate is great always there for the managers.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Angleton, TxAugust 26, 2014
Pros: clients, relaxed dresscode, ect.
Cons: minimum pay
The greatest part of my day is seeing my clients. When dealing with clients directly and indirectly, you build trusting relationships that far exceed the workplace. Sure, there are days that equipment will stop working, our system will completely shutdown, and a parent will (against our advice) bring their child in leaving the space in total chaos. However, there is going to be difficult times in every job so take it as a learning experience and move on. My job duties are nothing short of my general managers, and I do not get paid salary nor do I make commission or get raises. That would be my main complaint. Since I am doing every task efficiently and going above and beyond to improve sales, customer satisfaction, and cleanliness of the building, then I should get the same pay as the general manager. I didn't mention I am assistant manager and there are only two of us that manage everything, if that doesn't say anything. Besides these few imperfections, I love my job.

1 2 3 4