Snap Fitness Employee Reviews

Flexible Workplace
Maintenance and Cleaning Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 2, 2017
Typical day for me consists of cleaning the restrooms, wiping down equipment, wiping down mirrors, changing trashcans, vacuuming, and folding clean towels, all at my own pace.
Best job ever
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  West Sedona, AZApril 29, 2017
How can you not want to work at a place where people love to come. We are all there for the same main reason, to take care of ourselves.There are always the regulars, then we get the new ones and its so exciting to make a difference in someones life.
A great work place and friendly environment
Manager - Responsible for managing member signups (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 28, 2017
Snap is a delightful place to workout, Friendly people and manager is very helpful and friendly. The gym is always clean and equipment kept up. I would suggest Snap to everyone that would like to get in shape and meet new friends. It is 24/7 which is convenient.
Pros
working with members to meet there goals, made lots of friends
Cons
Part time and no benifits
Not a great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 18, 2017
It was nice to not be micro managed but the gym owners had a horrible relationship and this effected the gyms. Great for temp work or if you want a part time PT gig.
I get to work in health and feild
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAApril 16, 2017
As a personal trainer i am an independent contractor. I get to make my own hours. My boss at the gym pay me a very fair split of the fee. I love the independence and the fact I get to help be be their better selves.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
I dont have enought clients
Small gym with a great community
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 6, 2017
Front desk work was pretty easy-going and slow, mainly cleaning duties and some paperwork with inputting new members. The gym is pretty small so you get to know everyone pretty well, but that also means the traffic is slow and sales aren't that high. Manager and personal trainers were all nice!
Pros
Small community
Cons
Less sales
Enjoyable Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, IAMarch 28, 2017
The management is friendly and fun. The customers are friendly and polite in most circumstances. The only downfall was personal because I am not good at, nor do I enjoy sales, which is a necessary part of the job. I would highly recommend this employer to anyone seeking a new opportunity.
Snap Fitness was a learning experience.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 21, 2017
Typically the scheduling needed adjustments depending on the clienteles request. Adjusting to the busy paced gym lifestyle was a challenge. It was not a quiet relaxing atmosphere for the client. I enjoyed meeting new people and solving sports therapy concerns with exercises or stretches. Managing the work was a constant issue. I had sessions scheduled sporadically, making it inconvenient for a daily routine.
Pros
Meeting new people, Free gym membership, Applied learning skills
Cons
Poor scheduling, Inconsistent schedule, Too expensive
Fun and inviting atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 19, 2017
Perfect place for you if you love people and want to see improvements in others health and fitness. Excellent customer service skills are a must to excel.
Fun workplace with good environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 13, 2017
Typical day includes cleaning and gym maintenance, along with handling any customer issues and signing up members (sales). Pay not outstanding but good starter job
Fun workplace but do not get too much opportunity to do much
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 26, 2017
Typical days are always great, always have clients willing to get better.
I have learned how to be able to properly plan each individuals needs into their workout programs and relate to what he/she is wanting.
Workplace culture is great.
Hardest part of job is getting more people to come in and want personal training.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am helping people who want help and will do whatever it takes to reach and obtain his/her goals.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
not enough people come in, nor want personal training
fun
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Saugatuck, MIFebruary 23, 2017
If you like to work out then this is a fun place. not much for pay but it is all what you make of it. it is every rewarding to making people feel great about themselves
Pros
free gym memberships
Cons
no enough $
Productive and exciting business
Top producing trainer during my tenor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Overall, this business is managed very well. The environment is invigorating and always uplifting. I have learned a lot working the manager of this company; creativity being the one thing I enjoyed the most. The most difficult aspect of this line of sales is targeting the right clientele.
Pros
flexibility, work/life balance, opportunity, marketing
Cons
advancement
Fun place to manage
Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Absolutely loved the regulars that would come in every day. Most people are very happy when they are at the gym so you get to see people at their very best.
Ready to work!!!!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New CanerFebruary 7, 2017
Strong organizational skills and willing to always learn something new.. People person with who carries a "never give up attitude". A born motivator with every angle possible depending on each individual are team! Very competitive and always strive to be at the top of anything I attempt! Extremely hard worker and punctual.. Follow directions well and catch on fast...
Awesome Environment to train
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJanuary 28, 2017
Love this place! Great equipment and great workout atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and enjoy helping each other out in any way they can. Be sure to check it out!
franchise owned
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85249January 20, 2017
the success of the gym is in the hands of the owners. being a franchise its easy and laid back but the standards they implement are not always corporate standards
Upbeat environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJanuary 16, 2017
The environment you create is great.Only down fall is they go through corporate managers and chairs like toilet paper. So if you are a GM for them expect many bosses in a short time frame. Worked for them for 5 years and never met a single boss of mine. Everything is done via email.
Pros
Free gym membership, compensation on top of salary
Cons
they go through corporate managers and chairs like toilet paper, So if you are a GM for them expect many bosses in a short time frame.
Manage a heath club
Manager and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I opened the gym! I would work on members account. work on daily reports. Account receivable/ collections.
I had to clean the gym. Attend to members needs.
sign up new members. Outside marketing throughout community. I trained members to use weights properly and weight management.
I handled any problems of the gym - customer concerns. I did data entry with Snap fitness programs. Handled signs for the gym that were put throughout businesses. I did health fairs.
Pros
gym memberships and loved workinmg with customers/members of the gym
Cons
no benefits
Meet new people & better their lives
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Snap Fitness is a great company. Wonderful gyms. Great personal training programs. People are welcoming and enjoy fitness. Decent prices. There's always equipment available to use.
Pros
Open 24 hours
Cons
Need more Personal Trainers at different location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snap Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval