Snap Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to Work....
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJune 10, 2016
The gym management has been some of the best people that I have ever worked along side! The next level of corporate management, not so much! Too many chiefs, not enough Indians! Went through 4 different people in 3 years, not good!
Pros
clean, quiet, lots of equipment
Cons
older crowd, doesn't like a lot of noise
Still dont' want to do this
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 9, 2016
typical day learned enjoyable the most management you learned what hardest part is this twenty words yet? I am telling you more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad hair
Personal Training
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 8, 2016
Working at Snap Fitness has been very rewarding. It is a great place to work with great ownership. I recommend for everyone.
clean , organized gym
MANAGER/FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTApril 11, 2016
Was a great small clean gym, Everyone was very family like. Great welcoming feel when you walk in! MOst rewarding part of the job is hearing people's stories and helping them reach their goals!
Good environment and good fitting job.
General Manager Snap Fitness Gym Snap Fitness (Former Employee) –  Petal, MSApril 4, 2016
Snap Fitness is a franchise gym with a nationwide presence. It was a good job but the area where the gym was located was problematic which is why it wasn't as profitable as it could have been.
Small cozy club with great results
Office/Club Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, IL 60073March 30, 2016
I love how busy and quickly time flies by at work during a short 3 hr shift. I start with checking and returning phone and email messages regarding new membership pricing and questions, tours wanting to be booked, and any current member issues or questions. Followed by a clean up of the club and machines. Then customer service calls regarding expiring memberships and renewals. During the day tours will be given by appointments set with the goal of achieving memberships sales. The rest of the time is spent on reports.delinquent calls,marketing, and member engagement.

I have learned much more about marketing and what will work best for our club. Putting together a groupon was one of my favorites and was thrilled it was a large income and membership builder for our club. I have also learned quite a bit on the office side of the job regarding billing, reports, numbers, and collections.

The best part about my job is definitely the people. Each shift is managed by a single employee so I make sure to welcome each member as they enter the club and check on newer members to see if they need any help navigating the machines. My heart definitely is soft on the older senior crowd and I recently launched a "senior" exercise class that is doing well.

The owner is a hands off owner which can be good and bad at times. The most challenging part is the turnaround on issues can be sometimes slow and frustrating to me as it frustrates members and I can't do anything to help the situation.

Coworkers have really stepped up to help out. With checklists we have really eliminated
  more... the communication issues we had when I first came on board.  less
Pros
Free, unlimited gym access. Positive environment. Loved the members.
Cons
Owner slow to repair machines made for frustrated members.
Top notch work place in the fitness industry
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Fox River Grove, ILMarch 25, 2016
Working at snap fitness was an incredibly valuable experience for me. I was able to further improve my management and customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was being on my own as the only manager at the club but it was very beneficial.
Pros
Working in the fitness industry
Cons
3 hour split shifts, not full time hours
great place to work
Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 22, 2016
if you are going to college, this would be a great place to work. Great Management and clients were awesome! The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each and everyone of the clients.
Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee, MIMarch 9, 2016
Great place to work. Good hours and good people. They are flexible with my school schedule as well. It's a great learning experience.
Great job/ Great company
Generate Sales (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2016
Oversee all aspects of running the company. I have learned that an unethical and selfish public can be fatal to any company. Management is very supportive. Coworkers are great. The hardest part of my job is keeping positive energy in the gym. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people reach their goals.
Pros
Fulfillment
Cons
The General Public have little common courtesy or respect.
General Manager
General Manager/ Fitness Class Leader (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORMarch 2, 2016
Run the gym, teach classes and train clients, gym tours, sell personal training and gym memberships, help other trainers manage their training business and teach classes
Awful pay, no advancements, unstable work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I am a former employee who was with the company for over 3 years. I was unable to advance even though I got my degree and ended up being layed off out of nowhere. They pay you minimum and make bonuses so small they don't make a difference. They expect you to work crazy hours. DO NOT WORK AT SNAP FITNESS!!!!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Bad Hours, Bad Pay, Bad Management
A private gym
Sales and Personal Training (Former Employee) –  Portland Oregon, USAJanuary 28, 2016
Not very busy and small. I was able to train my clients privately. I did not have a direct manager, I simply paid rent from my earning. A business within a business.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Small
Fun place
Personal Trainer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Free membership for all employees. Franchise owner a great boss. Have worked part-time for her for 6 years. Clean healthy gym..
Fun Atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Working with clients on a daily basis helping them achieve their goals in fitness. I love working with my manager she is very good at extending a helping hand. I have learned that being in the public and helping people with decisions is a great thing. Its amazing when you are able to help someone believe in themselves. The hardest part of my job, is when I see a client cry. My assistant is a harder worker and glad to have apart of the team.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Advancements
Wonderful!
CLUB MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 15, 2016
Most enjoyable job I have ever had. The members of the gym were my favorite part. Being able to help someone progress in their goals.
Great Place to work highly recommended
Custodian (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CANovember 23, 2015
Snap Fitness was a great environment with kind and understanding Staff Members. I would have very much enjoyed working there longer but at the time I was still in High School and could not work Full-Time. I would highly recommend this job for anyone. I have no complaints to state, as hard to believe a that is considering every other establishment I've ever been to had some issue.
Relaxed Atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 12, 2015
The upper management is nice and easy to talk to. Snap is a good company as far as that goes, but only 5 PTO days per year. It's kinda sad. Very easy job, but in this particular location there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free gym access, friendly upper management
Cons
Working for Snap in a country club can feel like having two bosses. Also, not much room for growth or advancement.
Enjoyed the work environment
General Manager/Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNOctober 5, 2015
Owners made me feel like family. Loved working here. The members made the work space fun. Would like to train at a gym like this in the future.
Pros
Fun mempbers
not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg WISeptember 28, 2015
unprofessional, did not get paid, shady, I am referring to one site. I do not know what the others are like and I do not want to say in any way that they maybe the same. I did not get my pay for the last two months. Checks bounce every week
Pros
work alone
Cons
did not get paid