SnapStream Media Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Quirky company culture with TGIF Beer Meetings
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2012
SnapStream is a unique company. My co-workers don't take themselves too seriously—wearing Star Wars shirts, chugging Red Bulls and playing Diablo 3. Yet, we take the work we do seriously.

We are a bunch of self-starters who are in control of our own productivity. Management style is flat, so that makes us very efficient and agile.

The hardest part of working here is being technically fluent, yet it's also the most enjoyable. Everyone here loves staying up-to-date on the latest technology and trends.

We have tons of perks and benefits:

- Smart people make this company successful and make it easy to solve problems
- Beautiful views of downtown from our new office in Memorial Heights (every office has a window!)
- 401K, healthcare, FSA, PTO, share options
- Free parking
- Free personal training sessions every week
- Free lunches, fresh fruit, drinks and snacks all the time (pantry and fridge are always stocked)
- Company meeting every Friday involves beer and tasty food
- Casual dress, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible hours: Come in late, leave late. Come in early, leave early.
- Monthly company-sponsored outings, such as happy hour, billiards, bowling, etc.
- We use Yammer to run our own social network to keep us connected
- Fun, random office stuff like our annual Halloween Contest
Pros
because we're a small company, you get to take ownership and manage a lot more than you would at a big corporation.
Cons
every person wears multiple hats and collaborates across department lines.
Fun and productive office with lots of perks!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
If you enjoy working at a company that does not have strict "work rules", then this is a great one to consider. Hours are flexible, as long as you get them done, and dress code is beyond casual. The product that we produce is actually very interesting, so we all take great pride in what we do. The work itself is pretty independent, and we often encourage people to take on more roles as they see fit. Everyone here is intelligent and reliable, allowing for the perfect balance between work and play.

We enjoy fun outings once a month such as baseball games, happy hours, karaoke, and there are even talks of paintball. Every year we enjoy a (somewhat rowdy) adults-only Holiday party with a goofy white-elephant game and amazing food, as well as some sort of family activity in the summer such as a pool party or a barbecue. It is not unheard of for employees to stay late to play video games and have a beer or two.
Pros
free lunches/snacks/drinks, gym membership, boot camp, insurance benefits, work from home, spacious offices with windows
Cons
sometimes we run out of red bull.
Awesome place to work, one exception
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
One of the best places I've ever worked for until the CEO decided he wanted to run the sales team. The environment in general is very laid back and relaxed, the company understands you have a life outside of work. The company has a really cool product so you'll never be bored with your work focused on it no matter the department you work.
The sole negative is when the CEO decides your department is the department he wants to focus on. When that happens, he essentially replaces your manager (not fires, just goes around them) and forces his ideas on the team without any input. Any failure is assigned to the employee's inability to execute his idea properly, not the idea itself. There is no real reason for him to select a department that I noticed, the sales team was riding three consecutive years of breaking the company's revenue record when he decided to take over that - sales nosedived shortly after. There is a sales manager in place but he hasn't had a voice in about a year.
Pros
work/life balance, casual attire, cool product
Cons
ceo
Relaxed, friendly atmosphere with plenty of challenging and fun work
President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2013
My coworkers became my friends. Work-life balance is top notch. Our customers are really exciting. I can be myself.
Pros
free healthy and junk food, weekly boot camps, free gym membership, relaxed dress code, etc.
Cons
why would i work here if it had any cons? :)

4.4