Pros: because we're a small company, you get to take ownership and manage a lot more than you would at a big corporation.
Cons: every person wears multiple hats and collaborates across department lines.
SnapStream is a unique company. My co-workers don't take themselves too seriously—wearing Star Wars shirts, chugging Red Bulls and playing Diablo 3. Yet, we take the work we do seriously.
We are a bunch of self-starters who are in control of our own productivity. Management style is flat, so that makes us very efficient and agile.
The hardest part of working here is being technically fluent, yet it's also the most enjoyable. Everyone here loves staying up-to-date on the latest technology and trends.
We have tons of perks and benefits:
- Smart people make this company successful and make it easy to solve problems
- Beautiful views of downtown from our new office in Memorial Heights (every office has a window!)
- 401K, healthcare, FSA, PTO, share options
- Free parking
- Free personal training sessions every week
- Free lunches, fresh fruit, drinks and snacks all the time (pantry and fridge are always stocked)
- Company meeting every Friday involves beer and tasty food
- Casual dress, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible hours: Come in late, leave late. Come in early, leave early.
- Monthly company-sponsored outings, such as happy hour, billiards, bowling, etc.
- We use Yammer to run our own social network to keep us connected
- Fun, random office stuff like our annual Halloween Contest