Good starting vacation package, and work hours.
Piping Engineer II (Former Employee) – Bothell, WA – January 2, 2017
I'll say that despite my criticisms I had of the place, it was a very nice place to work and gain experience for my budding engineering career.
- Good atmosphere with friendly coworkers for the most part. Many of which became life long friends of mine.
- A culture that didn't stress deadlines to the point of overworking its employees without compensation.
- Good location, outside of Seattle.
- Layoffs were frequent due to the cyclic nature of power plant design and construction. Contractors flourished, but some people just wanted a job to stay put at. You had to be pretty good to avoid layoffs.
- Department budgeting often times put groups who should be cooperating at odds with each other. Too many times it was "not my problem" or the blame game was played, which interfered with productivity, moral, and progress.