Sneaker Villa Employee Reviews

could be better
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 15, 2017
new management is overrated. employees usually live their jobs until they realize how the management try too hard. ive learn to always appreciate my employees.
Retail with a urban twist.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2017
Everyday was like a party, great workplace environment with awesome team members. "Team work makes the dream work" is what my supervisors used to say.
Pros
Flexible schedule, discount, great networking
Cons
Hours are based of off seniority, rather than overall performance.
Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2017
Sneaker villa is ran very well and I loved he inviorment and the perks of working there. Loved the employees and the management and the sportsmanship.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and nice discounts
I wouldn't recommend someone working there
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 11, 2017
A typical work day is kind of up and down. You will see and meet all types of people and encounter different types of attitudes. you can expect to receive shipments and stock the shipments. I learned how to manage different personalities to achieve success and how to maintain a store. Management was okay but district management was another story. Workplace culture was motivating and family like most of the time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers and inadequate supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with my coworkers.
Pros
The discount and coworkers
Cons
Upper management and how the company is run on a regional level
It's a good working environment.
Fashion Expert (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2017
I like working at Sneaker Villa because I am into fashion myself and i can adapt to the environment. I was working at Kicks USA for a little over 5 years so I came to Sneaker Villa with all the knowledge necessary to complete tasks on time and correctly.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Healthcare
I'm very productive once again a people's person and I'm love to work
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2017
The only way I would call out is if it's an emergency other then that I will be at work everyday on time and I always get along with other employees etc.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Short breaks
Villa
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
I loved working here. Such a fun place full of fun people who weren't afraid of being their selves. This company is very flexible to your life and understand the value of there employee.
Typical Day at Villa
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I arrive an hour early to check email to ensure that I am a 100% in compliance for store operations. If I have a store transfer I will prepare the order to get sent out for processing. After that point I creating a strategy to beat last year sales and check what merchandise that hasn't sold in the past 30 days. Approximately, around 9:30 A.M. I great my staff and provide them with the game plan for the day. Moreover, once the store opens I make sure my staff is in the right position to excel in customers expectations.
Pros
Networking, medium advancement opportunity, and friendly work environment
Cons
too much work in short notice, employee hours are cut, and broken communications from corporate
Was a great company to work for
Manger in Training (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
I loved that everyone got along and that the company would come together on events to give back to the community. They would also make sure that all customers are satisfied.
Management holds poor standards
Web Fulfillment Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Management needs to be more understanding with their employees, and with how they handle certain issues. I have gained experience in a management role which has helped me tremendously.
Okay place to work. Great for part time. DTA!!!!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2017
very laid back and chill environment. Management is definitely the way to go if your interested in getting paid more to do the exact same work with a slight difference in responsibility. Very easy. Trying to grow in the company is a little tedious due to lack of trust in the market and DM's who don't look into there employees well. DTA!!!!!!!!
Pros
Discounts, benefits program, great place to network
Cons
Low compensation, lack of acknowledgement, lacks growth from within
nosense and waste of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAJanuary 2, 2017
i can really talk about this store because it was only for a while, so it doesnt really matter what insay about this store, idont know what more i can say but the shoes was cool
People are great! Management not so much!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2016
VILLA = last minute everything. Management is weak and only focused on hitting a number that isn't realistic rather focusing on keeping those work well. Benefits are the very minimum, standard if the most expensive option is chosen. Job security? What's that? Just keep your resume updated.
Cons
Lunch interruptions, weak management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2016
I hated the manager of the store at the time. she was prejudice against women and loved the men. she would call you out in front of all the customers if you made a mistake and was very rude
fun place to interact with people
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
a regular day at work would be to help customers, ring them out at the register and recover merchandise. I learned more about different styles of shoes and fashion tips. What I enjoyed most is the employees, they were great and hilarious. It kept the slow days moving fast
Productive, hard working task
Retail Sales Rep, Fashion designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2016
Always on the floor making sure customers are finding everything okay. Also making sure things are nice and neat and put back. My favorite part about this job is helping customers search for the perfect shoe for them i will also consider that the hardest part too because everybody has a different taste
Pros
interactions with customers
Cons
short hours, short staff
Past Greatness/Future Ruin
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 18, 2016
This company used to be a source of greatness. The company began as a "mom & pop shop" styled business and grew into a multi-state organization. The organization was focused on the people, the neighborhoods, helping the community around each store. Sometime in 2015 the company moved toward a new "corporate" structure and veered away from the ideals that made it one of the greatest places to work. Gone was the at home feel of the stores and the welcoming attitude of the company. They pulled away from the communities which they serve and gain money from while becoming increasingly drone-like in culture. At one time, employees were encouraged to be creative, thriving, thinking members of a team. Now they are simply asked to do as they are told by people in an office who have NEVER worked a day in a retail store.
Pros
Not many come to mind anymore
Cons
Poor Structure, Excessive Spending, Contant Micro-Managment, Upper Management Has Near Unlimited Power
Great Urban Store
Fashion Expert; Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2016
Has all the sportswear and urban wear for all age groups , keeps everyone up to date on new release sneakers and even local events happening in a city near you.
Good Job
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 28, 2016
This was a good job and I learned a lot about sales especially in face to face scenarios. It was a great job for the Summer and I loved working there.
Fun, Enjoyable
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 29, 2016
I loved villa I had a job being around people. And my co workers made it enjoyable working there .there was nothing hard at my job that's what made it a job I loved doing .
Pros
discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sneaker Villa. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval