Snoqualmie Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and an enjoyable place to work
Cashier to Asst Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAOctober 30, 2015
yes there was a lot of politics especially on the Indian reservation but it was a lot of fun to work there. great customers great co workers and great immediate management. It has been nice working there from day one and to see all the growth and fun things that happened there.
Pros
free lunches, free parking
Cons
short breaks, HR ran the casino and not all good ways either
Overall, the working environment in the area I worked was hostile.
Casino Controller (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WADecember 10, 2015
The co-workers and staff that I worked with were great people. They went to work with a smile every day. It was the management, mainly one director that had created the hostility in the department that I was hired, by continually creating fear and doubt to our department. The management style was micromanaging; nothing was to be changed unless it went through her, and there was never due credit given to the workers that stayed around long enough to be recognized. It created a huge amount of turnover, we could not keep good workers on, and large amounts of overtime to those that were able to stay on board. It limited any creativity and idea sharing that may have boosted employee morale and buy in to the company.
Pros
Free lunches, the patrons were great and they treated employees respectfully
Cons
Politics within certain management, created a bad environment for those willing to work and earn their position
Cool
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAApril 30, 2016
The people I worked with were very friendly and cool. The food was good as well. The supervisors were awesome and knowledgeable
Good pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WANovember 25, 2015
Good benefits, good pay but its a black hole. You won't like working there and you will be stuck cause you can't get another job that pays as well in the customer service field.
Pros
Free lunch, vacation time increases
Cons
Terrible management, always cutting costs that effect the employees.
Typical Casino based work life
Dual Rate Line cook/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work, butt often challenging to juggle personal life and work life to keep them separate. This is not a bad thing its just if you are not aware of or unable to be flexible before starting life can be stressful. on the bright side you are very much compensated for your hard work with great pay and good benefits.
Growing company with great benefits
Guest Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJuly 20, 2015
Much is to be done in a typical's day work. From internal to external guest service, the Guest Services Department is the front line for the casino. The Guest Services Department assists guests by phone and email in their questions, concerns, and reservation requests. The management team of the department, of which I am included in, compiles pertinent information for the team, takes guest calls, addresses concerns and diffuses any potential issues, makes appropriate reservations, provides an exceptional level of guest service, provides coaching and training to team members, creates the weekly schedules and ensures that the department is gossip/drama free, and an all around positive environment to work in.
Pros
Great benefits and complimentary food for team members.
Cons
Lacking room for advancement, tribal preferences
Can be a great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WASeptember 22, 2015
a typical day interesting never the same. the most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers, that like there job and the guest.
Pros
free lunches, and short breaks
Cons
management
Company offered good benefits that was all.
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAMay 22, 2015
The only reason I worked at the casino is because I was able to do it in the nights so I can be with my son during the day. Did not enjoy that much, but I need it while my son was growing up. I worked in both casinos for almost 10 years. (also it was good in money which it helped me to pay off my house)
Now my son is older and it was about time to leave and find something that I enjoy to do and one of the jobs I did in the pass was working with Kids and also kids with special needs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No good environment. dont like smoking.
fun work place with all the nice co-worker
Table Game Dealer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 23, 2015
nice place to work with other co-worker. They are very helpful. The employment not very picky they hired any dealer who just come out from casino school
Pros
Free buffet all day
Cons
short breaks time
Not a bad place to work.
REVENUE AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAApril 22, 2015
Overall the company is a good place to work. The work life balance is difficult, due to the nature of the business being open 24 hours a day. Management can be difficult to work with depending on your department.
Pros
Free buffet
Cons
Work life balance
Fast-paced and different than anything I had done before
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WADecember 1, 2014
Snoqualmie Casino is a great place to learn a different side of accounting. A typical day consisted of reviewing and verifying everything transaction on the gaming floor. This activities were not just related to gaming but also non-gaming activities. The employees at the casino are friendly and helpful.
Pros
free lunches, paid holidays
Cons
lack of decent eye care insurance
Favoritism out of control
Casino Dealer, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WANovember 12, 2014
Like anywhere there is good and bad, but the management is horrendous -- with a complete lack of humanity.

The best way to advance, and maybe the only way to advance, was to sleep with the boss.

If you wanted time off because you had someone dying in your family, sorry. The scheduler epitomized Sno's culture of double standards.

The co-workers are close because of a bunker mentality.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no control of changes to your schedule
Gotta be a brown noser to keep your job and succeed.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAAugust 28, 2014
I really thought it would be great to start up with a company. I was at first. The position I wanted wasn't available at the time of hire. So I took something else close. Moved up real quick. Then I started to watch the firing spree start. I was there for little over a year and what I learned was at Snqualmie Casino it is not what you know it is who you suck up to. While management went out parting with employees and making sure they had favorable shifts and excused attendances. The hard working employees that were there through snow or rain got the shaft of scheduling shifts. The most important lesson I learned is how not to treat my employees.
good casino
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAMay 26, 2015
Good place to work, didnt work many hours but made good money. regular salary isnt good but I made good tips.
Free meals, decent training, amazing benefits!
Good benefits, poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJanuary 1, 2015
The benefits offered by Snoquamlie Casino were good enough to out weigh the poor management for about a year.

Decent place to work but poor organization led to a poor work environment where policies would be changed without notice.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Casino
Slot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie WASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work included constant contact with guests are providing outstanding guest service. I learned a lot about guest service at this company. My co-workers were fun to be around and made the work day enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was communicating with Management. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and communicating with the guests.
Little room/opportunity for advancement.
(F.T.O.) Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie Washington StateApril 29, 2014
The Security Dept. has little growth opportunity as the ones in those positions currently have no intention on going anywhere. Due to the stationary status of the Dept. unless the Dept is required to grow due to business expansion, there will be no near future opportunity for growth.
Pros
paid, free lunches via the service level, 20% off of food venues during lunch or off time.
Cons
subject to being called off of lunch, not allowed to consume any alcohol during a dinner date on one's off time.
Typical Day at work
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snoqualimie WAApril 17, 2012
• Receives and exchanges cash, comp checks, and gaming chips from patrons.
• Handles fill and credit transactions.
• Receives cash from count rooms.
• Prepares the window bank reconciliation and accounting related records
• Provides chip/change floor service to poker room as required.
• Ability to work all bank assignments within the Cage, including the Main Bank upon timely completion of training
• Performs other job related duties, as assigned
• To perform the duties of the cage cashier in compliance with Casino policies under the supervision of the Cage Shift Manager and the Lead Cage Cashier. Responsible for assigned bank drawers
Fun place to work with major downside for long term prospects
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJuly 27, 2012
Casinos are exciting places to work and Snoqualmie is no exception. They're open 24/7 so if you're one of those who love energy and action, they're great workplaces. Unfortunately at this casino, there is a culture of secrecy and favoritism which minimizes the attractiveness of what could otherwise be an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
free meals, good benefits, beautiful location, free parking
Cons
no public transportation, management weakness, secrecy, favoritism, unethical people
It is a fun place to work.
Slot Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  WANovember 5, 2012
Answering repair calls for Slot Machines. The management is fairly good. There is a lack of communication and project managing. I enjoy my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is trying to get across the Casino floor when it is busy. Everyday there is a new problem to solve.
Pros
paid for 8 hours which includes two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. lunch is free.
Cons
communication, no stability. no recognition for a job well done.

2.7