Snoqualmie Casino Employee Reviews

Good pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WANovember 25, 2015
Good benefits, good pay but its a black hole. You won't like working there and you will be stuck cause you can't get another job that pays as well in the customer service field.
Pros
Free lunch, vacation time increases
Cons
Terrible management, always cutting costs that effect the employees.
Productive and an enjoyable place to work
Cashier to Asst Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAOctober 30, 2015
yes there was a lot of politics especially on the Indian reservation but it was a lot of fun to work there. great customers great co workers and great immediate management. It has been nice working there from day one and to see all the growth and fun things that happened there.
Pros
free lunches, free parking
Cons
short breaks, HR ran the casino and not all good ways either
Awesome place to start
Buffet Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAOctober 8, 2015
The casino has an employee dining room where they serve 24/7 so food costs for your lunch, dinner, and breakfast are nothing. You get dental, medical, and vision benefits with full time. But that's just the technical stuff. As far as the buffet Hostess/Cashier. If you're a cashier for a day you go grab your bank, count it out to verify that the amount is correct. Then bring it back to the buffet to your till that you're in charge of. There you will be taking care of the guests transactions, cash, points, coupons, credit cards, and other internal transaction types. There we have regular guests, and they love to be acknowledged as regulars, remembering what there name is or where they like to sit is something that is good to memorize. The seating as a hostess, you're main goal is to try to give every server and rotate so they have the same amount of guests. There are some days where that is impossible because everyone wants a window seat. So you do the best you can and try to accommodate the guests. Management within the buffet is great and co-workers are great, however communication between other departments can be slow, for example the coupons, when we get new ones, sometimes we don't get any information on them until its too late and we get the exception notice. With that being the hardest part the rest is easy for those who can memorize things easily. My favorite part is the warmness of our regulars. When they come back in and you're able to make them smile it's a good feeling. The routines are easy once you've gotten them down.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
No ladder to climb, you either switch to another position or you're stuck where you are.
Can be a great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WASeptember 22, 2015
a typical day interesting never the same. the most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers, that like there job and the guest.
Pros
free lunches, and short breaks
Cons
management
fun work place with all the nice co-worker
Table Game Dealer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 23, 2015
nice place to work with other co-worker. They are very helpful. The employment not very picky they hired any dealer who just come out from casino school
Pros
Free buffet all day
Cons
short breaks time
Typical Casino based work life
Dual Rate Line cook/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work, butt often challenging to juggle personal life and work life to keep them separate. This is not a bad thing its just if you are not aware of or unable to be flexible before starting life can be stressful. on the bright side you are very much compensated for your hard work with great pay and good benefits.
Growing company with great benefits
Guest Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJuly 20, 2015
Much is to be done in a typical's day work. From internal to external guest service, the Guest Services Department is the front line for the casino. The Guest Services Department assists guests by phone and email in their questions, concerns, and reservation requests. The management team of the department, of which I am included in, compiles pertinent information for the team, takes guest calls, addresses concerns and diffuses any potential issues, makes appropriate reservations, provides an exceptional level of guest service, provides coaching and training to team members, creates the weekly schedules and ensures that the department is gossip/drama free, and an all around positive environment to work in.
Pros
Great benefits and complimentary food for team members.
Cons
Lacking room for advancement, tribal preferences
good casino
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAMay 26, 2015
Good place to work, didnt work many hours but made good money. regular salary isnt good but I made good tips.
Free meals, decent training, amazing benefits!
Company offered good benefits that was all.
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAMay 22, 2015
The only reason I worked at the casino is because I was able to do it in the nights so I can be with my son during the day. Did not enjoy that much, but I need it while my son was growing up. I worked in both casinos for almost 10 years. (also it was good in money which it helped me to pay off my house)
Now my son is older and it was about time to leave and find something that I enjoy to do and one of the jobs I did in the pass was working with Kids and also kids with special needs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No good environment. dont like smoking.
Not a bad place to work.
REVENUE AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAApril 22, 2015
Overall the company is a good place to work. The work life balance is difficult, due to the nature of the business being open 24 hours a day. Management can be difficult to work with depending on your department.
Pros
Free buffet
Cons
Work life balance
Great work environment
Promotions and Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAApril 15, 2015
Great place to work and meet new guests everyday!!

Our Management have over 20 years of Casino experience and will teach you how to run a Casino.
Productive and fun work place
Slot attendant (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAFebruary 7, 2015
Fun, fast paced, energized place to work. There was always something to do, I was never bored. Productive co-workers who always kept you on your feet.
Valet /Dual rate Lead/ Driver/Valet trainer (Former Employee) –  no whereJanuary 4, 2015
I do not recommend working here. They treat their employees horribly and the manager will even insult you. When taken up the chain of command, I was reprimanded for reporting the abuse!
Good benefits, poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJanuary 1, 2015
The benefits offered by Snoquamlie Casino were good enough to out weigh the poor management for about a year.

Decent place to work but poor organization led to a poor work environment where policies would be changed without notice.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Fast-paced and different than anything I had done before
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WADecember 1, 2014
Snoqualmie Casino is a great place to learn a different side of accounting. A typical day consisted of reviewing and verifying everything transaction on the gaming floor. This activities were not just related to gaming but also non-gaming activities. The employees at the casino are friendly and helpful.
Pros
free lunches, paid holidays
Cons
lack of decent eye care insurance
Favoritism out of control
Casino Dealer, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WANovember 12, 2014
Like anywhere there is good and bad, but the management is horrendous -- with a complete lack of humanity.

The best way to advance, and maybe the only way to advance, was to sleep with the boss.

If you wanted time off because you had someone dying in your family, sorry. The scheduler epitomized Sno's culture of double standards.

The co-workers are close because of a bunker mentality.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no control of changes to your schedule
I would prefer not to speak ill of my current employer
Dining room server (Current Employee) –  North Bend, WANovember 6, 2014
I have been with the Casino for over 6 years now. I am planning to stay with them for the another 6 years. I DO receive tips as a part of my income. The benefits are amazing, and I stay with them as such.
Pros
benefits, free meals
Cons
rude, demanding, and ill-mannered guests
Casino
Slot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie WASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work included constant contact with guests are providing outstanding guest service. I learned a lot about guest service at this company. My co-workers were fun to be around and made the work day enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was communicating with Management. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and communicating with the guests.
Gotta be a brown noser to keep your job and succeed.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAAugust 28, 2014
I really thought it would be great to start up with a company. I was at first. The position I wanted wasn't available at the time of hire. So I took something else close. Moved up real quick. Then I started to watch the firing spree start. I was there for little over a year and what I learned was at Snqualmie Casino it is not what you know it is who you suck up to. While management went out parting with employees and making sure they had favorable shifts and excused attendances. The hard working employees that were there through snow or rain got the shaft of scheduling shifts. The most important lesson I learned is how not to treat my employees.
I would not recommend this Job.
Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie CasinoAugust 6, 2014
I am Disappointed in the Growth Opportunity and Pay Scale Raises.
Pros
free food, and good paid vaction time
Cons
bad micromanagment with little to no growth opportunity.