Snow’s Bend Farm
P.O. Box 317
Coker, AL 35452
Snow’s Bend Farm is a locally owned, modern, efficient farm and we will fully train all employees and ensure that they are comfortable with their responsibilities. The work is challenging, but fulfilling and the customers are very friendly and easy to get along with.
The farm assistant helps with crop production as well as distribution and marketing. He/she is responsible for CSA deliveries, vending at farmer’s markets, and assisting with all aspects of crop production and distribution.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly, bend at the knees and back, and walk throughout the day
- Accurately follow directions
- Be friendly and helpful with customers
- Enjoy cooking and talking about it
- Ability to work outdoors for 6 to 8 hours at a time
- Help with planting, harvesting, and cultivating field crops
- Help with washing, sorting, weighing, and packing produce
- Deliver produce to CSA drop-off points and restaurants
- Vend at farmer’s market
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor
Supervised by farm owners. Works closely with farm owners and other farm workers. Once well trained will be given sole responsibility of some tasks.
Tentative Schedule through December:
Tuesday 12 - 7; Tuscaloosa CSA deliveries
Wednesday 7-3; Field and packing shed work
Thursday 8-4; Birmingham deliveries
Friday 7-3; Field and packing shed work
Saturday 5 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Birmingham farmer’s market
We will take a 2 week holiday over Christmas and New Year’s and revise the schedule for 2014.
Starting at $12/hour
Access to an abundance of high quality, delicious produce