Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Employee Reviews

2nd shift was a rewarding environment. 3rd shift was very hostile.
Count Team Associate/Finance (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 15, 2016
I feel my work experience would have been better had I been properly trained to perform my job tasks. I also feel that there was a tremendous amount of bullying that went on. Certain employees prided themselves on this. Management was made aware of the situation and to this day has done nothing to rectify it. Overall, I am truly disappointed by my experience on 3rd shift. My work suffered greatly because of the hostile environment.
Pros
2nd shift had excellent management, Caring people, a positive work environment, and good work hours
Cons
Poor management on 3rd shift, very hostile work environment, poorly trained, and constantly scrutinized
Key Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 29, 2016
It a good place to work/ Central Located. Wonderful benefits. Excellent employee kitchen. Meals reasonable priced for all employees
Okay Place To Work
Casino Beverage (floor waitress) (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 26, 2016
Management in this department is horrible! Casino beverage is always hiring because they are always losing people. The turn over rate is ridiculous. Scheduling is based on a grid, from highest to lowest seniority. If you are newly hired you are almost guaranteed to work 3rd shift, no matter what they tell you. Scheduling is not flexible. If your are a student, she will still schedule you during class hours and then claim you never turned in your class schedule, or make it so your getting off work right when class starts. I have seen people walk out because of this. Getting time off? Forget about it. It's almost impossible to get days off. Favoritism runs high in this department. Most of the management could care less if you make money, and the floor is often over staffed. Guaranteed 24 hours a week, you can pick up a fourth day. Only management can give you 5 days. They will make your work full time sometimes up until the period where they would have to offer you benefits and then they will stop. Casino has lost a lot of regulars due to some changes. Although this place clearly makes money they are very cheap unfortunately. Co workers are the best part of the job, money can be good but is not consistent.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, higher hourly wage, paid breaks, co workers
Cons
No benefits for part time, management, short staffed, rare time off, favoritism
crazy
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 8, 2015
Very fast past work environment, and very large. Lots of bad communication. They try their best to make everyone happy but with a company that large it is very difficult.
For the most part I enjoyed my job and working with people.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 29, 2015
My years at this job have taught me not to take anything for granted. I was never a gossiper and you can't please everyone. You do your job as best you can and cover yourself. As long as I know I have completed my task and also did extra, I did not worry about the negative co-workers. There was my job to complete and my family and bills to pay. the best part of my job was those who were appreciative of my work and the customers. the worst part of my job was dealing with attitudes and watching associates get dismissed. There were times when I had a lot of vender issues and I needed my products delivered on time and properly done. Working under different management levels you what to say and what not to say or do. I respect management but I also feel that I earn their respect as well.
Pros
Being the only one in my prosition, I could plan my days of work and or project for both casinos.
Cons
Dealing with whinny associates and arogant management.
Great work environment and management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Great staffing and management in the security department. Excellent work environments and co workers made it enjoyable to be at work everyday. I was able to learn the ins and outs of casino security in my time there which was both the easiest and hardest part of the job. A lot of time on my feet could have made for long shifts, but the work atmosphere made the time go by fairly quickly on a nightly basis.
Pros
great pay, benefits and room for advancement
Cons
lots of time spent on my feet.
Exciting work environment with awesome co-workers
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 10, 2014
Create and manage players club card member's accounts.
Answer phone calls and customer questions.
Greet and interact with guests.
Run promotions and drawing events.
Amazing supervisors and co-workers.
Hardest part: dealing with upset guest.
Most enjoyable: dealing with happy guest especially during promotions and drawings.
Soaring Eagle was very good to me and I enjoyed my time there very much!
Pros
cheap meals, flexible schedules, great co-workers
Cons
fixable mistakes made consistently by upper management
Good place to work most times and challenging
Count Team Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work for me was being singled out with certain job duties, what I learned from that which pushed me to seek else where for supervisor position so that I would not treat anyone the way I was treated. management was not visible most times when we needed their assistance. Co-workers kept to themselves at times. The hardest part of the job was showing up wondering what mood the team members are going to be in that day when I myself is an outgoing individual. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we can all work together and have fun on the job.
Pros
free drinks in the cafateria was a part of the benifits
Cons
bennifits was great blue cross, 401k dental, aflac
Great family atmosphere
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 1, 2013
Soaring Eagle provided some great learning experiences. Being employed for ten years allowed some bonding of co-workers that were priceless. Our slot technician department was made of different backgrounds and different walks of life. We grew together through good times and adversity. Outside of work, we shared times of golf, music, and cookouts. I miss that the most.
Pros
had a lot of challeges and fun
Cons
when payroll switched from weekly to bi-weekly
Productive and fun workplace
Casino Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 11, 2012
I love working in a fast paced environment. I meet new people every day as well as our regular patrons that put a smile on my face. I enjoy assiting everyone with what they need to make them as comfortable as possible to enjoy their visit with us. It is my job to make sure they feel their experience was well worth the trip. They should want to come back soon.
Pros
paid breaks: two fifteen minute and one half hour break, holiday pay
Soaring Eagle Casino
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 22, 2014
-My typical day at work was to provide amazing customer service, open/close areas, and work/store freight properly.
-I learned many things about proper food storage including proper temperatures product is supposed to be kept at. I learned how to open, close, and maintain four different food areas including the Native Grind, the Sub Shop, the Prime Rib Cart, and the Little Eagle Cafe.
-My coworkers were all great, I got along with them very well.
-The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with the customers and to keep product stocked. It was usually always very busy and most the time we were understaffed. Good time management was a must.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers and having a lot of customer interaction.
Typical day at Casino
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 24, 2012
The co workers were wonderful and would help you complete your rooms if they were finished with theres. For the most part the supervisors were wonderful and understanding with personal issues. I really enjoyed cleaning hotel guest rooms. I realy liked that they had a cafe that was for employees only and the food was cheap.
Pros
flexability, advancements, great cafe for employees, open shifts
Cons
healthcare, hours
World class potential
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 6, 2014
Typical work day was in a smoking atmosphere, lots of standing and walking. Learned scheduling, team building, and training. Co-workers are supportive and competent. Enjoyed working with the diverse guests and team members.
Pros
quick advancement
Cons
pay not competitive
Terrible place to work
Line server/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 4, 2013
The management is terrible, they constantly harrass you and find ways to write you up so you can advance or transfer jobs. They accuse you of things you didnt do and constantly try and find ways to fire you after you get a raise. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
none!
Cons
everything
Productive, fast pace environment
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 1, 2015
Working primarily with diamond and VIP guests. Assist with checking in and out, and any other requests the guests may have.
Fun Place for a college kid to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 17, 2012
There was nothing hard about this job. I mean being a bartender was both fun and challenging at times. I only had worked three days a week and wasn't enough to try an raise a family on. But fun.
Pros
lots of breaks, go home early alot
Cons
no healthcare, or full time
Entertainment business is always up-beat.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 6, 2013
You observe gaming activity, escort departments with funds to where they need to go. Verify winnings of guests and handle their complaints. Security will set up barricades for outdoor events.
benefits
Cons
slow advancement
It used to be a great place to work, now they are making a lot of bad changes.
Inventory Control Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 24, 2013
During work I Drive a straight box truck to deliver food and products. I check in, put away, and rotate stock using FIFO. I pick products from a pick guide or invoice. Check inventories, turn completed invoices into transfers and drive forklifts and use a pallet jack. I change pop and liquor bibs. I clean my work area. I've learned the computer more efficiantly. Management is mostly good there is some that i believe are hurting the business. I get a long with all my coworkers and strive to always be a great people person. I love it when it's a busy day at work and accomplishing all the tasks on time, it makes me feel more productive. However my job isn't enjoyable when others take advantage of my hard working habits and do less work. I don't mind doing the work though.
Pros
reduced food prices for lunch. health care, 401k, personal time off
Cons
employees now have to pay for the licenses and uniforms now, they are taking a lot of things away from the employees as well as the clientel.
Great enviroment to grow in.
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 10, 2012
Love the people I work with, they work as a team.
We make it a great place for guest to want to return to. Maintence is always willing to help fix things in a timely manner.
Fun and very exciting place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mt. PleasantJanuary 9, 2012
It was a great place to work, I enjoyed all the patrons and the fellow co workers were great. I left for school reasons, and would go back if I could!

Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Reviews by Location