Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Employee Reviews

Hotel-Guestroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 8, 2017
The great thing about working was that we always had the same amount rooms to clean every work day. The greatest thing is hearing how beautiful the rooms you cleaned are.
Productive and fun. Very educational.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 15, 2017
The soaring eagle casino was the best time of my life. I learned so much and got so much hands on experience. It really boosted my want and need to further my education in Culinary.
Pros
Clean work space. Educated staff.
Cons
Nothing.
Security Officer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working their but the stuff with politics was not good. Was able to meet people from all over the world while working their. Learned a lot when had to do medical report's.
Pros
Learned a lot from this job
Cons
Some people didn't want to do there job.
5 star place with 5 star management.
Server/Bartender/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 2, 2017
The front of the house needs to work on smiling more and being a guest driven property. Certain people you just can't change but the job pays well and if you are good at what you do there are opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Cheap lunches, break room
Cons
short breaks, stressful
Productive, Great work expience and Very well managed.
Function Service (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Working for the Soaring Eagle is a great experience. They work well with school schedules and try to helpful when possible. Great place to work and meeting new people everyday is always a blessing.
bad
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 25, 2017
I do not like working here they manage thigs poorly in my eyes and dont like to work around school schedule after telling us they would, we work way to long of ours with only one break
Great Place to Work
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 20, 2017
This workplace has provide job security for many years. People blowing smoke in your face and standing for a long time is the down fall to this job.
Pros
Can be fun at times
Cons
Hours are not user friendly
Great people, great job
Server (Former Employee) –  Sinikong steak houseJanuary 11, 2017
Always busy, awesome co- workers and management very well organized and maintained. Exam on food compounds, drinks, and establishment before you could start serving. Had to serve managers as one of the tests. Was a 5 star restaurant so getting to know certian clients was a must for building regulars.
Pros
Discounted meals, inside smoking breaks, tips, great learni g experience
Cons
Comps
Great learning experience
Steward (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 7, 2017
Life in a casino is always fast paced and large in scale. Everything needs to be done in a timely manner, as there is much to do. If you're passionate about mangement, food and beverage or entertainment, this place is for you. There are always events taking place that keep your day busy and productive. You're likely to have co-workers, who in time, become like family. With the right mindset, working in a casino will provide you with countless learning experiences and new skills, as well and the opportunity for job growth.

Due to the high volume nature of the service industry, work days can get so busy that stress becomes an every day occurrence. This is, undoubtedly, the hardest part of the job. Of course, not every department go through this, but food and beverage never really gets a day off.
Pros
Great learning experience, fun, productive
Cons
Very busy, high stress
Great place to work for - friendly staff all around
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MI 48858January 5, 2017
Its a place that I have enjoyed going to work to daily, I have grown very strong relationships with my coworkers and upper management team.
Everyone puts in the effort to stay on the same page as everyone else to avoid confusion down the road.
Professional work place with a friendly aura.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 27, 2016
We are assigned certain tables when we clock in, we are trained in poker and blackjack first, then we have a choice to learn other table games. Management in the Table Games department is incredible, they always do everything they can to ensure a positive atmosphere. There are a bunch of table games dealers, so there are a ton of co-workers that you never really get the chance to meet. The hardest part of the job is probably the hardways. as a dealer you generally only deal from 40 minutes to 1 hour at a time. Hardways are 1 hour 20 minute rotations, and they feel like forever. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give patrons a lot of money. Big payouts are my favorite thing by far.
Pros
frequent breaks, tips, possibility to pick up shifts
Cons
lots of smoke, aggressive patrons.
Energy
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 14, 2016
It takes time and energy to climb the ladder. You'll get out of it what you put in. Many have advanced their careers at the casino.
Okay Place To Work
Casino Beverage (floor waitress) (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 26, 2016
Management in this department is horrible! Casino beverage is always hiring because they are always losing people. The turn over rate is ridiculous. Scheduling is based on a grid, from highest to lowest seniority. If you are newly hired you are almost guaranteed to work 3rd shift, no matter what they tell you. Scheduling is not flexible. If your are a student, she will still schedule you during class hours and then claim you never turned in your class schedule, or make it so your getting off work right when class starts. I have seen people walk out because of this. Getting time off? Forget about it. It's almost impossible to get days off. Favoritism runs high in this department. Most of the management could care less if you make money, and the floor is often over staffed. Guaranteed 24 hours a week, you can pick up a fourth day. Only management can give you 5 days. They will make your work full time sometimes up until the period where they would have to offer you benefits and then they will stop. Casino has lost a lot of regulars due to some changes. Although this place clearly makes money they are very cheap unfortunately. Co workers are the best part of the job, money can be good but is not consistent.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, higher hourly wage, paid breaks, co workers
Cons
No benefits for part time, management, short staffed, rare time off, favoritism
Key Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 29, 2016
It a good place to work/ Central Located. Wonderful benefits. Excellent employee kitchen. Meals reasonable priced for all employees
2nd shift was a rewarding environment. 3rd shift was very hostile.
Count Team Associate/Finance (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 15, 2016
I feel my work experience would have been better had I been properly trained to perform my job tasks. I also feel that there was a tremendous amount of bullying that went on. Certain employees prided themselves on this. Management was made aware of the situation and to this day has done nothing to rectify it. Overall, I am truly disappointed by my experience on 3rd shift. My work suffered greatly because of the hostile environment.
Pros
2nd shift had excellent management, Caring people, a positive work environment, and good work hours
Cons
Poor management on 3rd shift, very hostile work environment, poorly trained, and constantly scrutinized
crazy
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 8, 2015
Very fast past work environment, and very large. Lots of bad communication. They try their best to make everyone happy but with a company that large it is very difficult.
For the most part I enjoyed my job and working with people.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 29, 2015
My years at this job have taught me not to take anything for granted. I was never a gossiper and you can't please everyone. You do your job as best you can and cover yourself. As long as I know I have completed my task and also did extra, I did not worry about the negative co-workers. There was my job to complete and my family and bills to pay. the best part of my job was those who were appreciative of my work and the customers. the worst part of my job was dealing with attitudes and watching associates get dismissed. There were times when I had a lot of vender issues and I needed my products delivered on time and properly done. Working under different management levels you what to say and what not to say or do. I respect management but I also feel that I earn their respect as well.
Pros
Being the only one in my prosition, I could plan my days of work and or project for both casinos.
Cons
Dealing with whinny associates and arogant management.
Productive, fast pace environment
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 1, 2015
Working primarily with diamond and VIP guests. Assist with checking in and out, and any other requests the guests may have.
Great work environment and management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Great staffing and management in the security department. Excellent work environments and co workers made it enjoyable to be at work everyday. I was able to learn the ins and outs of casino security in my time there which was both the easiest and hardest part of the job. A lot of time on my feet could have made for long shifts, but the work atmosphere made the time go by fairly quickly on a nightly basis.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Lots of time spent on my feet.
Fun Environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 27, 2014
Great Job, Fun environment, Interesting People. Great job security
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
short breaks