Soboba Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Great Customer Service Experience
Player Services Supervisor/Admin Asst. (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 27, 2016
I knew that everyday I was at work, there would be new experiences, new Guests, and great Co-workers.
I enjoyed the Promotions and Entertainment that changed monthly. The comments from our Guest were uplifting. I heard it said a lot that Soboba Casino just "felt like going home".
Pros
Great Healthcare/Great Tribe to work for
Favortism
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAAugust 15, 2016
The management of beverage department at soboba is not as fair as other jobs I have had in past. Persons with bad work ethics and have been written up for insulting customers are promoted to full time.
Pros
CLOSE TO HOME
Cons
SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Beginner casino
CASINO HOST (Current Employee) –  Soboba, CaJune 28, 2016
The casino is growing but the pay is extremely sub par compared to local competitors. The casino needs a makeover and does not have perks that employees would like.
Great please to learn and honw new skills. Made some great friends.
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAOctober 30, 2013
Management for the most part is great.
I absolutely love my team members.
They would be willing to help in any way if you ask. I have learned a lot about the way things are run at Soboba Casino. I think the hardest part about the job is the lack of recognition. I think I just expected too much from this company, but in other areas, they are very loyal. Some employees have been around for over 10 years which truly is a feat in and of itself. I truly enjoy working within the individuals within my department.
Pros
paid break times, excellent benefits, environment
Cons
poor communication;
Busy productive place to work
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CASeptember 18, 2012
Sign in and pick up your radio and go to your assigned work area.Check your work area and inventory of supplies that you need.Meet with customers providing friendly communication and service to their needs.Maintain your area at all times for a neat and clean appearance.Communicate with management if a problem arises .Talk with your associates to complete job assignments.The hardest part of the job was to keep the customers happy.The best part of the job was to be able to work on your own to get things accomplished.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
trying to deal with difficult customers .
Great benefits
SOFT COUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMarch 9, 2015
Soboba Casino is a great place to work. They have great benefits and compensation packages. They really do take care of you but the only negative thing I can say is that if you do happen to go out for an injury when you come back they put you in the hardest position there is instead of letting you work up to it but other than that they are a great company to work for. I loved it there.
Enjoyable working with the people
Maintenance tech I (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CANovember 29, 2015
A typical day at work varies on the day some days are busy and some days are slow.
As far as management no comment.
Co-workers are cool to work for we all get along.
The hardest part of the job is nothing.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and customers.
Pros
good environment
Cons
hiring process
Not recommended for those that value their health
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CANovember 4, 2013
The good: excellent benefits and decent pay.
The bad: high stress and a smoking environment.
The ugly: dealing with casino customers.

I enjoyed this job a lot; keeping a close eye on things, constantly moving from one task to another, working closely with a team.
The casino is however, a smoking environment; the equilivant of smoking a pack a day. This also exposed me to the dregs of humanity.

Not recommended for those that value their health.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
smoking environment
Native American Business
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMarch 6, 2012
Compensation was above average, but management is unstable and non supportive. It's a CYA culture.
Pros
free sodas in breakroom, discounts in restaurants
Cons
no executive management support from gm
Saber nation
Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAOctober 7, 2015
Their management is pretty much allowed to treat you however they want because they know they work for a saber nation. Good place to get your "foot in the door", however very high turn over rate.
Fast paced and customer oriented
CASH OPERATIONS SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 29, 2013
Always busy, good benefits, Large rollover, Management not always the best, very political
Soboba Casino
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CASeptember 7, 2015
Great experience working in this field. Staff is friendly and incredible to be around. Supportive management. Fun place to work at.
Interesting place to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAFebruary 21, 2014
I started out in EVS which is housekeeping. It was very hard work for the least pay but it there was opportunity for advancement. Cleaned casino & employee areas including restrooms, bingo room & gift shop.Then I transferred to Slots after 13 months. I liked slots because you could interact with the customers. And it was different everyday. I would greet customers, answer questions about the games, give change, troubleshoot & do minor repairs on machines. My co-workers were great and most management were easy to work with. I got to learn about gaming laws & security issues. The worst part was the smoke.
Pros
co-workers, working on machines
Cons
smoke, standing entire shift
Very fun workplace
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CASeptember 11, 2015
I enjoyed working in this fast past company and the various quests who would visit. I was promoted often based on my job performance and dedication. I was disappointed having to leave because they could not extend my medical release.
productive and fun work place
Environmental Service Porter (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CASeptember 1, 2015
I feel happy to wake up every morning to this job because my fabulous co-workers make it all worth while. I like that if we have comments or concerns they get heard.
Productive work place.
23333 Soboba rd. (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAAugust 8, 2015
I worked with many different trades men, i had the experience to learn plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and building, and road repair.
Learned a lot of different cultural foods
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMay 7, 2013
Very busy, a lot of different cultures, first job at a Casino, enjoyed making up specials, management was awesome.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
life and times in a casino
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAMarch 6, 2014
I like it. Very friendly co-workers. Upper staff was great. Very helpful. I learned to work well with other cashiers and management.
Pros
great wages and tips
Cons
long hours of standing in a very small area
Productive, fast paced environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 10, 2015
Arrive at work on time and respond to radio calls while ensuring guest safety with excellent customer service. Rotate to different post throughout a 2 hour period schedule.
fun place to work for the most part
Soft Count Representative (Former Employee) –  san jacinto caJune 12, 2015
good place all around but a few bosses need to go. some bosses are rude and dont not like being proved wrong when they are wrong.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Soboba Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8