SOC Employee Reviews

Steady work, challenging, good benefits.
Chief Fire Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne Army Depot, NVFebruary 8, 2018
Working with others to insure life safety. Learned how to test, inspect, maintain fire alarm and fire suppression systems. Taught life safety. Ethics are a high value. Hardest part was demands of customer, but we always met. Most enjoyable was a simple "thank you".
Challenging work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 2, 2018
My work at SOC consisted of security upgrades on a Special Forces base and other projects in Afghanistan and classified projects in Greece.

Because of the clients and the classified nature of the projects, I cannot provide more detail.
Pros
The challenge of working in certain areas
Cons
The hazard of some of the project areas
Excellent
Personal Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  overseasJanuary 23, 2018
Day's work was long but rewarding. Learned a lot through mutual collaboration with coworkers. Management was always available and experienced. Hardest part of the job the travel. Most enjoyable were the coworkers.
Efficient engineering firms and beautiful workplaces
Junior Architect (Current Employee) –  North badda,Khilbarirtake, Gulshan, dhaka-1212.January 11, 2018
My office time start 9 AM to 7 PM. But I enjoy my time & work.Here my responsibility is Create Architectural drawing &Structure design drafting,also create interior & exterior design.The office's management is very fine and tidy.Each department's work responsibility is different.I want to change the job because my salary is low and the non-profit benefits are less. Other ways I'm more interested in the work of the interior design
Pros
Here Tea facilities available but no lunch facilities
Cons
1 hour lunch break & 2 time tea break
Diplomatic security
Explosive detection canine handler (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 5, 2018
During my day I might search vehicles, diplomatic security, baggage search, area searches etc. I will work my canine approximately 10 hours a day. Training consists of a training aid place in many different areas to include vehicles luggage, and diplomats vehicles.
Productive work environment with lack of lower leadership
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 28, 2017
Great place to work, upper level leadership is on point and cares about the team. Energetic with great work like balance. Fast paced and motivating. Would not leave if it were not for positional leaders.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
lower level leadership and management could use improvement
no review
Quick Reaction Force Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QatarOctober 2, 2017
Working for SOC was good, the contract was a short one only a year, but always a pleasure to work in an environment where taking care of business was everyone's priority,
Had great time to work with SOC team here
Security Engineer ( SOC ) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Good exp into change management and also into Incident problem management.
Had a chance to learn more new technologies here, almost i worked on 16 technologies include Endpoint, Data protection, Boundary protection side.
moderate
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Al Diwaniyah--IraqSeptember 25, 2017
I left SOC long time after camp closure thus its long time since 2011 and its not advisable to recall it here its only in my memory but i dont regret
good place
Munition handler (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne nvSeptember 8, 2017
It's a good place to work and a stable job.hard work and fast paced work makes day go by fast. Good people to work with and good management. And far work place
production
Munitions Handler (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne Army Depot, NVJune 25, 2017
Hard place to work hard place to live over I like the work would just like a change of scenery.it's not a job for the for the faint of heart its an alright place to work
Pros
Four ten hour shifts
Cons
don't know intell day of if nights or days.
productive and fun place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Imperial Valley, CAJune 22, 2017
well i like the say that doing my time working i highly enjoyed it because its the things i like to do such as warehouse janitor. i love to work and am willing to work for your company...
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less pay
TASC was a good company to work for
Subcontract administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 3, 2017
When I worked for TASC in the finance area, it was demanding because I was hired as a project control cost analyst. That translated into managing projects as a project controller and as a cost analyst managing the revenue that project made. It was two full time jobs. The reason it worked is because everything was process driven.
Pros
benefits were excellent and training was excellent
Cons
the new company that bought out TASC reduced the finance, contracts departments.
Good startup company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2017
Good company to work for, many opportunities for other work. Friendly work environment and good management. Benefits were not bad. People here made the job enjoyable.
decent job
Officer, AlliedUniversal Security Services (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2017
working here was decent,
long hours though,
grew a lot working for this company
gain a lot of knowledge and experience
requesting days off was pretty simple
Very Adventures and rewarding job
Cleared American Protective Officer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 30, 2017
Extremely long hours and extensive travel. Job directly supports the National Security of the US. Management is generally supportive of employees but is very nepotistic.
Pros
great money lots of travel
Cons
extended travel with short dwell time at home.
Loved Working There but they don't care about employees
Munitions Handler (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne NVJanuary 24, 2017
You work with Hazardous cancer causing materials.They fail to proper blood testing required by OSHA and required by ARMY regulations before and while you are exposed to .If you get sick or feel side effects from exposure listed in the Material Safety Data Sheets, They blame you and tell you You got to see a Specialist Doctor and pay thousands of dollars the Materials The
Asbestos, bussniessLead dust PCP dust explosives and a lot of others stuff they tell you it is not hazardous to your health you tell them it listed in the MSDS they yell at you for reading it saying it none business reading it none of your concern what it says in it, And you ask about personal protective equipment that the ARMY and OSHA say must be used they yell at you how do you know the stuff we give you good enough the Materials are not hazardous to your health or make you sick
Pros
good pay
Cons
they don't care about safety
Most Horrible Experience of my Professional Life
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 12, 2016
While the OCONUS positions are readily available, you have to go through the Martinsburg, WV area and that is one of the most toxic, fake and most unprofessional canine training facilities I have ever had an opportunity to visit.
Pros
The pro's are they pay well and timely
Cons
The heathcare sucks, the work load vs time off is terrible. The most unprofessional atmosphere I have been in.
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 8, 2016
I have been with SOC for a little six months and have gained great knowledge in the contracting world. SOC has great comradery in its work force.
Unable to give a review
TRaining for EDD Handler (Former Employee) –  Training in West VirginiaJanuary 29, 2016
I wasn't able to finish my training due to a fractured arm.
Was paid per diem while training. Hotel was nice and close to kennels. We had a rental vehicle.