SOC Employee Reviews

Good startup company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2017
Good company to work for, many opportunities for other work. Friendly work environment and good management. Benefits were not bad. People here made the job enjoyable.
decent job
Officer, AlliedUniversal Security Services (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2017
working here was decent,
long hours though,
grew a lot working for this company
gain a lot of knowledge and experience
requesting days off was pretty simple
Loved Working There but they don't care about employees
Munitions Handler (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne NVJanuary 24, 2017
You work with Hazardous cancer causing materials.They fail to proper blood testing required by OSHA and required by ARMY regulations before and while you are exposed to .If you get sick or feel side effects from exposure listed in the Material Safety Data Sheets, They blame you and tell you You got to see a Specialist Doctor and pay thousands of dollars the Materials The
Asbestos, bussniessLead dust PCP dust explosives and a lot of others stuff they tell you it is not hazardous to your health you tell them it listed in the MSDS they yell at you for reading it saying it none business reading it none of your concern what it says in it, And you ask about personal protective equipment that the ARMY and OSHA say must be used they yell at you how do you know the stuff we give you good enough the Materials are not hazardous to your health or make you sick
Pros
good pay
Cons
they don't care about safety
Most Horrible Experience of my Professional Life
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 12, 2016
While the OCONUS positions are readily available, you have to go through the Martinsburg, WV area and that is one of the most toxic, fake and most unprofessional canine training facilities I have ever had an opportunity to visit.
Pros
The pro's are they pay well and timely
Cons
The heathcare sucks, the work load vs time off is terrible. The most unprofessional atmosphere I have been in.
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 8, 2016
I have been with SOC for a little six months and have gained great knowledge in the contracting world. SOC has great comradery in its work force.
Unable to give a review
TRaining for EDD Handler (Former Employee) –  Training in West VirginiaJanuary 29, 2016
I wasn't able to finish my training due to a fractured arm.
Was paid per diem while training. Hotel was nice and close to kennels. We had a rental vehicle.
projects
ammunition handler (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVJanuary 20, 2016
I am satisfied with this company, it is a very familt oriented company and they are an amazing company to work for. amazing benefits and jobs.
Pros
great benefits, vacation time, holiday pay
Positive Company
Senior Financial (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 20, 2016
Professional, motivated, high energy and very busy. Unique culture to work in but very satisfying. Co-workers are a highly specialized group of individuals.
Its ok
security officer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne Army Depot, NVDecember 21, 2015
It has its moments, good job just the people make it not so much. Great pay, good hours, somewhat Good people. The company as a whole is great, just some places seem to be ignored.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
favoritism, lack of true leadership
Excellent employer
Training Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMOctober 12, 2015
SOC is an excellent employer with a good salary structure and excellent benefits offerings. Contract with DOE is reliable and secure employment.
Work with highly motivated Pro-Force personnel, conducting initial or refresher training.
Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 29, 2015
I work with a Protective Force in Los Alamos. I train either at the Basic recruit class or refresher training for the current force. The hardest part of the job is to keep the student interactive with some of the training required annually. My co-workers come from different cultural backgrounds each having a varying skill set that helps with developing and instructing students.
The training department has a manager that has developed his skills through the ranks within the Department of Energy. His understanding of the system is an asset to the overall training delivered to the students.
The hardest part of the job is giving the same courses to students that have been working with the company for 20-30 years and keeping them interested in learning the material they think they already know. The procedures and policies are ever changing and some adult learners are not willing or open to change.
Pros
four day work weeks when training is not required
Cons
Last minute changes in the work schedule
Work place had its ups and downs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2015
Work would have its good days and bad days. Some days everyone would be in a good mood but other days it seemed like everything was my fault even though I did my job the way I was trained. Management would not help at all with filling shifts that were called off or days people requested off.
Security Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  SterlingJune 14, 2015
Provide high threat physical security of US Government Facilities and personnel in high threat environments throughout the Middle East. Serve as access control and physical security protection officer providing external and internal perimeter security. Trained in the use of multiple light and heavy weapon systems, force protection measures, and surveillance detection. Use various equipment and technology based search methods to conduct vehicle and personnel searches. Stand guard at fixed posts for up to 12 hours. Conduct out of perimeter security patrols during conditions of raised threat levels.
Good people, efficiant management with austere working enviornment
Static Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Where ever the company needs meMay 31, 2015
Even though the working conditions are austere the people I work with are top notch. They have a management team that is always there to assist, guide and mentor as necessary.
Pros
Compensation equal to the work
Cons
Extended time away from home and family
SOC dispatcher
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San JoseApril 16, 2015
Being in SOC was challenging. You learn a lot of different things in case of worst case scenarios. For the most part, you get many phone calls regarding the same issues and your happy to help them out. Typical day for me was signing in, reading over emails, getting passdowns from the SOC before me, conducting audits, answering phone calls, monitoring alarms and cameras, dispatching the security officers to alarms and assigning officers to different posts.
Pros
Sitting down with things constantly going on
Cons
Cant leave until relief arrives and sometimes cannot get breaks on time
It was light and easy going
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  grosse pointe, miFebruary 18, 2015
I filed, made phone calls and helped the director stay organized. I loved working with people and giving back. I was a volunteer so the people I worked with ages varied.
principal engineer /lead/manager with broad expertise
Principal Engineer, Silicon Evaluation Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2015
expertise in multiple aspects of hardware & silicon validation/testing/debug, firmware development and software design having successfully taken numerous products to market. I have diverse experience in semiconductors, enterprise products and mil-aerospace with over 20 years of experience at companies like AMD, Freescale, Curtis Wright, Nortel Networks and Dell. I have letters of commendation for making a significant contribution in raising the bar on the quality of new products.
Homeland Security for Hawthorne Army Depot Base
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVNovember 10, 2014
Cant say to much cause base procedures limit what I can tell people, but patrolled designated areas, stood guard at posts, escorted vehicle's on base premises, screened personnel and vehicle's, training exercises, armed guard securing the base and personnel.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
no cons great job
Interesting learning
Security Operation Center (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 11, 2014
Work in Security Operation Center Hub for 5 years Proficient in C'Cure system Proficient in exacqVision CCTV system Perform weekly CCTV video audit Run camera scans 4 time a shift Make badges for the client and contractors Run door report and head count on the facilities Produce monthly report of all security activities Process weekly the contractors EHS list Process terminations of client and contractors Numerous time perform shift leaders duties Coordinate and run security drills Working with VIPs to set up conferences, client base activities rooms.
awesome
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 31, 2014
Great place to work with awesome coworkers, very nice commute to/from home.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOC. Our community is ready to answer.