SOC

SOC United States Employee Reviews

SOC dispatcher
Supervisor (Former Employee), San JoseApril 16, 2015
Pros: Sitting down with things constantly going on
Cons: Cant leave until relief arrives and sometimes cannot get breaks on time
Being in SOC was challenging. You learn a lot of different things in case of worst case scenarios. For the most part, you get many phone calls regarding the same issues and your happy to help them out. Typical day for me was signing in, reading over emails, getting passdowns from the SOC before me, conducting audits, answering phone calls, monitoring alarms and cameras, dispatching the security officers to alarms and assigning officers to different posts.
It was light and easy going
Volunteer (Former Employee), grosse pointe, miFebruary 18, 2015
I filed, made phone calls and helped the director stay organized. I loved working with people and giving back. I was a volunteer so the people I worked with ages varied.
principal engineer /lead/manager with broad expertise
Principal Engineer, Silicon Evaluation Lead (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2015
expertise in multiple aspects of hardware & silicon validation/testing/debug, firmware development and software design having successfully taken numerous products to market. I have diverse experience in semiconductors, enterprise products and mil-aerospace with over 20 years of experience at companies like AMD, Freescale, Curtis Wright, Nortel Networks and Dell. I have letters of commendation for making a significant contribution in raising the bar on the quality of new products.
Homeland Security for Hawthorne Army Depot Base
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Hawthorne, NVNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: no cons great job
Cant say to much cause base procedures limit what I can tell people, but patrolled designated areas, stood guard at posts, escorted vehicle's on base premises, screened personnel and vehicle's, training exercises, armed guard securing the base and personnel.
Interesting learning
Security Operation Center (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 11, 2014
Work in Security Operation Center Hub for 5 years Proficient in C'Cure system Proficient in exacqVision CCTV system Perform weekly CCTV video audit Run camera scans 4 time a shift Make badges for the client and contractors Run door report and head count on the facilities Produce monthly report of all security activities Process weekly the contractors EHS list Process terminations of client and contractors Numerous time perform shift leaders duties Coordinate and run security drills Working with VIPs to set up conferences, client base activities rooms.
awesome
Duty Manager (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAMay 31, 2014
Great place to work with awesome coworkers, very nice commute to/from home.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Minden, NVFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: calm enviroment
Cons: didnt always have work
Assisted in organization of files (electronic and hard copy), office supplies and in any
other area needed. Successfully completed all jobs in a timely manor and by time
requested. Scanned, renamed and saved documents in SharePoint. Performed audit
checks for verification of information from hard copy to SAP.
Good learning experience.
Supervisor of TCN's (Former Employee), Al Asad Air BadeMay 23, 2013
Pros: salary/money was good
Cons: some expats were too mature. had no people skills.
You get out of the job what you put into it. Some supervisors played favorites. Some talent of others was overlooked but I would work for them again.
Nothing like fun when your on duty
GUARD (Former Employee), Iraq-balad campFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch etc
Cons: short break and health care etc
A typical day at work was not a ctually bad because i use to friend the person i could work with, i learnt to be co-operative to everyone ,the management was goo because they use to balance the duty, my co-worker had to be good because i use at least not bore him at post, sisnce i ws a lady i could only work with men only , so i had to motivate them not to be bored allday,the hardest part is when you have failed to coparate with you co-worker, language barrier with the bosinian supervisers, still during winter time when you are not given the requirements in time ,eg juckets glaves and others.
the most enjoyable time when you are given aday off to rest and when your getting your advances to buy your own needs.

June 17, 2013

i need to work with soc at balad or any one in balad can help me out how to get in touch with whom in charge many thanks

Working was good
security guard (Former Employee), AL ALsad Air BaseMay 9, 2012
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Average, i learned many things since the base was of many people, management was so bad, the hardest is when the stom comes, enjoyable part when am standing my post.
Interesting working with contracts in Iraq and Afghan
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Minden, NevadaMarch 14, 2012
It was an internesting place to work and learned a lot while there