SOC Employee Reviews in United States

Unable to give a review
TRaining for EDD Handler (Former Employee) –  Training in West VirginiaJanuary 29, 2016
I wasn't able to finish my training due to a fractured arm.
Was paid per diem while training. Hotel was nice and close to kennels. We had a rental vehicle.
projects
ammunition handler (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVJanuary 20, 2016
I am satisfied with this company, it is a very familt oriented company and they are an amazing company to work for. amazing benefits and jobs.
Pros
great benefits, vacation time, holiday pay
Positive Company
Senior Financial (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJanuary 20, 2016
Professional, motivated, high energy and very busy. Unique culture to work in but very satisfying. Co-workers are a highly specialized group of individuals.
Its ok
security officer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne Army Depot, NVDecember 21, 2015
It has its moments, good job just the people make it not so much. Great pay, good hours, somewhat Good people. The company as a whole is great, just some places seem to be ignored.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
favoritism, lack of true leadership
Excellent employer
Training Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMOctober 12, 2015
SOC is an excellent employer with a good salary structure and excellent benefits offerings. Contract with DOE is reliable and secure employment.
Work with highly motivated Pro-Force personnel, conducting initial or refresher training.
Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJuly 29, 2015
I work with a Protective Force in Los Alamos. I train either at the Basic recruit class or refresher training for the current force. The hardest part of the job is to keep the student interactive with some of the training required annually. My co-workers come from different cultural backgrounds each having a varying skill set that helps with developing and instructing students.
The training department has a manager that has developed his skills through the ranks within the Department of Energy. His understanding of the system is an asset to the overall training delivered to the students.
The hardest part of the job is giving the same courses to students that have been working with the company for 20-30 years and keeping them interested in learning the material they think they already know. The procedures and policies are ever changing and some adult learners are not willing or open to change.
Pros
four day work weeks when training is not required
Cons
Last minute changes in the work schedule
Work place had its ups and downs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2015
Work would have its good days and bad days. Some days everyone would be in a good mood but other days it seemed like everything was my fault even though I did my job the way I was trained. Management would not help at all with filling shifts that were called off or days people requested off.
Security Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  SterlingJune 14, 2015
Provide high threat physical security of US Government Facilities and personnel in high threat environments throughout the Middle East. Serve as access control and physical security protection officer providing external and internal perimeter security. Trained in the use of multiple light and heavy weapon systems, force protection measures, and surveillance detection. Use various equipment and technology based search methods to conduct vehicle and personnel searches. Stand guard at fixed posts for up to 12 hours. Conduct out of perimeter security patrols during conditions of raised threat levels.
Good people, efficiant management with austere working enviornment
Static Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Where ever the company needs meMay 31, 2015
Even though the working conditions are austere the people I work with are top notch. They have a management team that is always there to assist, guide and mentor as necessary.
Pros
Compensation equal to the work
Cons
Extended time away from home and family
SOC dispatcher
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San JoseApril 16, 2015
Being in SOC was challenging. You learn a lot of different things in case of worst case scenarios. For the most part, you get many phone calls regarding the same issues and your happy to help them out. Typical day for me was signing in, reading over emails, getting passdowns from the SOC before me, conducting audits, answering phone calls, monitoring alarms and cameras, dispatching the security officers to alarms and assigning officers to different posts.
Pros
Sitting down with things constantly going on
Cons
Cant leave until relief arrives and sometimes cannot get breaks on time
It was light and easy going
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  grosse pointe, miFebruary 18, 2015
I filed, made phone calls and helped the director stay organized. I loved working with people and giving back. I was a volunteer so the people I worked with ages varied.
principal engineer /lead/manager with broad expertise
Principal Engineer, Silicon Evaluation Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2015
expertise in multiple aspects of hardware & silicon validation/testing/debug, firmware development and software design having successfully taken numerous products to market. I have diverse experience in semiconductors, enterprise products and mil-aerospace with over 20 years of experience at companies like AMD, Freescale, Curtis Wright, Nortel Networks and Dell. I have letters of commendation for making a significant contribution in raising the bar on the quality of new products.
Homeland Security for Hawthorne Army Depot Base
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NVNovember 10, 2014
Cant say to much cause base procedures limit what I can tell people, but patrolled designated areas, stood guard at posts, escorted vehicle's on base premises, screened personnel and vehicle's, training exercises, armed guard securing the base and personnel.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
no cons great job
Interesting learning
Security Operation Center (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 11, 2014
Work in Security Operation Center Hub for 5 years Proficient in C'Cure system Proficient in exacqVision CCTV system Perform weekly CCTV video audit Run camera scans 4 time a shift Make badges for the client and contractors Run door report and head count on the facilities Produce monthly report of all security activities Process weekly the contractors EHS list Process terminations of client and contractors Numerous time perform shift leaders duties Coordinate and run security drills Working with VIPs to set up conferences, client base activities rooms.
awesome
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 31, 2014
Great place to work with awesome coworkers, very nice commute to/from home.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVFebruary 14, 2014
Assisted in organization of files (electronic and hard copy), office supplies and in any
other area needed. Successfully completed all jobs in a timely manor and by time
requested. Scanned, renamed and saved documents in SharePoint. Performed audit
checks for verification of information from hard copy to SAP.
Pros
calm enviroment
Cons
didnt always have work
Good learning experience.
Supervisor of TCN's (Former Employee) –  Al Asad Air BadeMay 23, 2013
You get out of the job what you put into it. Some supervisors played favorites. Some talent of others was overlooked but I would work for them again.
Pros
salary/money was good
Cons
some expats were too mature. had no people skills.
Nothing like fun when your on duty
GUARD (Former Employee) –  Iraq-balad campFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day at work was not a ctually bad because i use to friend the person i could work with, i learnt to be co-operative to everyone ,the management was goo because they use to balance the duty, my co-worker had to be good because i use at least not bore him at post, sisnce i ws a lady i could only work with men only , so i had to motivate them not to be bored allday,the hardest part is when you have failed to coparate with you co-worker, language barrier with the bosinian supervisers, still during winter time when you are not given the requirements in time ,eg juckets glaves and others.
the most enjoyable time when you are given aday off to rest and when your getting your advances to buy your own needs.
Pros
free lunch etc
Cons
short break and health care etc

Comment – June 17, 2013

i need to work with soc at balad or any one in balad can help me out how to get in touch with whom in charge many thanks

Working was good
security guard (Former Employee) –  AL ALsad Air BaseMay 9, 2012
Average, i learned many things since the base was of many people, management was so bad, the hardest is when the stom comes, enjoyable part when am standing my post.
Interesting working with contracts in Iraq and Afghan
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minden, NevadaMarch 14, 2012
It was an internesting place to work and learned a lot while there