Love to play video games? Do you find bugs in all the video games you play?
NYC Video Game Company seeks a talented and experienced game programmer
with a passion for mobile games and a great work ethic to join our staff in developing
multiple video game titles.
The ideal candidate will work with Lead and Senior Programmers, Producer, Designers,
Artists, and QA Testers in the development of technical design specifications,
implementation and testing; program to required code standards; and contribute
innovative ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Knowledge of AS2/AS3, Flash IDE, Flash Builder
- Experience porting Flash applications to mobile
- Experience in the design and implementation of game systems, including AI, camera,
networking, rendering, UI, FX and game object management
- 3+ years experience in OOP architecture design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivation, team-orientation, and a passion for video games
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software
- Experience with Unity 3D Game Engine and Unity Script
- Console, mobile, web applications experience
- PHP, Subversion
- Database development experience
We offer a casual work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits (like
playing video games for a living). For consideration, please submit your resume to
subject: “Flash Game Programmer”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all
candidates regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or age. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of veteran status, disabled veteran status, or physical or mental disability in regard to any position for which the employee or employment applicant otherwise meets minimum qualifications.