Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Employer Reviews

Stable Position
Service Representative (Current Employee), Towson, MDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: short breaks, no dental coverage for family
Typical day provides support to American Public regarding activities related to benefits.
Customer Service
Social Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2014
I took claims for the aged and disabled population. The workload was intense and the time to process these actions was limited.
Great after school job
receptionist/office assistant (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAOctober 28, 2014
Great job for someone attending a business college. I was able to get my foot in the door at a government agency and understand the dynamics of working for the government.
An interesting place to work
Social Insurance Specialist - Disability Examiner (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 27, 2014
We served the public but a lot of the information we handle is kept private to protect our clients
Fast Pasted and Multi-Task.
Clerk (Former Employee), Rockville,MdOctober 23, 2014
Answer telephone in a professional, and courteous manner, complete reports, assist with other office duties, update client profiles,
Update record
Claims representative (Current Employee), Longview, TXOctober 22, 2014
update records and provide the public with general inforamtion
Enjoyed co-workers and great benefits
Benefits Authorizer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2014
Learned so much from the management team during my employment.
Productive and fast pace.
DISABILITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Mobile, Al.October 21, 2014
Pros: had a large beautiful office to work from and a supportive staff.
Cons: it was difficult to take breaks due to the work load.
I enjiyed this job. It was fast paced and as the disability examiner I had to work fast and judicate all disability claims.
great place to work
Package handler (Former Employee), Melville, NYOctober 15, 2014
great place to work
typical day was at a nice steady place
the managers were nice
A great place to work to show off my work ethics and what I learned in Office Administration
Staff/Clerk (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDOctober 13, 2014
Computer office work, filing and assisting. I've learned to balance office work and computer skills together. Management was good. Co-workers worked together. Nothing was hard and the most enjoyable part was everything.
Would not recommend working for them to anyone.
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: they have a good compensation/benefits package and the hours were decent
Cons: totally micromanaged the employees, no encouragement from management when you did a good job, the job culture, in my opinion, was that they were waiting, or wanting you to fail. .
Secure job but that's the best thing I can say about my experience there after being downsized from two Wall Street firms in seven years. I have never seen worse management then what I experienced with them.
sad
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: early mornings
I loved this job. But the program had to be cut.
Not much to say but some days could be a drag
Same as others
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2014
Please read other brief reviews of previous positions to include Accessible Solutions Branch.
Very high stress, expected to work overtime, no job satisfaction.
Social Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: some days you barely had time to go to the restroom or get a break, expected to work overtime everyday and on weekends, not enough time in the day to get all assigned work done so low job satisfaction.
Interview your appointments, process your allowances, answer the phones for the public and your caseloads. Meet local and regional goals by processing your redetermination cases, overpayments, initial allowances, while answering phones, waiting on customers, making daily changes to customer records, following up on requested and needed documentation. – more... Learn new rules and regulations daily/weekly or as needed. – less
pleasant work environment with amenities
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Washington, PASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, salaries
Cons: fast pace, and multitasking while maintaining case load, and servicing clientele with respect and dignity while under pressure
Fast paced customer service employment administering Titles 2,16, and 19 of the Social Security Act. Maintained a pending of at least 250 clients. Learned how to multitask, meet deadlines and work alone or in group situations. Management was quite demanding and sometimes unfortunately had confrontations with employees. These incidents were usually resolved – more... to mutual satisfaction. Wonderful interaction with coworkers. Hardest part of job was balancing work on case load with interview demands and special determinations according to agency and Federal law. Tremendous opportunity to develop customer service skills. – less
Stressful Environment
REPRESENTATIVE PAYEE (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: helping those in need
Cons: long hours
Provided daily services to consumers i.e medical appointments, budgeting, bill pay and any other services deemed appropriate.
Provided World Class Service
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee), New Albany, INSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits and generous leave program
Cons: managing conflicts between employees
The most rewarding part of working for the Social Security Administration was working for and serving the public. My specialty was the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. SSI is a needs-based disability and aged program. I have learned how to empathize, to develop an organized work ethic, and to hone my customer service skills. The most difficult – more... part of my position as Assistant District Manager was dealing with complaints the public had with my employees. My goal was to not only deal with the situation but to also insure the claimant was served. The most enjoyable part of my position were the times my office received compliments from the public concerning our service. – less
Federal Employer that processed Social Security Beneifits
Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
This agency ensured the financial security of eligible beneficiaries. The agency dealt with individuals during the most difficult times of their lives.
Social Security Office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: i'm a great organizer, received praise, recognition and pats on the back from my supervisor and colleagues
Cons: filing was not my best straight but, it needed to be done
I completed a particularly challenging assignments. Participate in a solution that improved customer service, enhanced efficiency, saved time and increased productivity. I receive an,award for completing many fraud reports.
A typical day at the Social Security office consist of 300 claimants and allot of patients and respect. Our day consist of claimants – more... ranging in different ages from teenagers to adults to the elderly, from homeless to confused people who want to retire and can't. Hardest part of my job was denied benefits to people in need due to not qualified,low income and not enough work for disability or retirement. I enjoyed working as a team with my fellow co-worker they always were eager to assist me and teach me. I enjoyed my job. – less
Claimant problem solving
Social Security Administration Teleservice (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: essentially self directed
Cons: some bureaucratic restrictyions
Answering 50-60 calls daily. Used computer to online records to resolve issues.

About Social Security Administration

These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, – Read more