Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Employer Reviews

Work culture, what is that?
Consulting System Administrator (Former Employee), security Blvd, MdMarch 21, 2014
Pros: working hours
Cons: management, quality of work.
Work hours were great, but the quality of work was really bad.
Productive and fun work environment
Temporary Clerical (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: easy workload, friendly and supportive managment and co-workers
Cons: no cons
On a typical day, I would assist government employees with clerical work. Management was supportive and friendly. My co-workers were entertaining and helpful. This job was relatively easy, and I cannot think of one thing that was hard about it. I enjoyed the fact that I was given a security clearance and was considered a government employee for the – more... summer. – less
loved it, excellent management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), okMarch 20, 2014
face paced loved it, great opportunity for advancement and growth for any experienced professional with planning and organizational skills that balance work, team support and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
What I have learned
Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: extremely busy office
As you can assume, Social Security is a huge government agency and have several levels of difficulties. It is a challenging job but i have leaned lot of helpful information.
Various opportunities available
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 6, 2014
Good place for advancement if you are looking to start at entry level and promote. Very complex position.
Assist customers on Social Security issues.
Service Representative (Former Employee), Inkster, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Assist the claimants in getting new social security cards, as well as assist in getting claimants social security numbers for the first time.
Make address changes and direct deposit changes to assist claimants so their benefits will continue without any delays.
Add student statements to claimant file so children can get paid under parents disability – more... until the child is 18 years old and attending school full time.
Interview representative payees so they can handle claimants social security when the claimant cannot handle their own business.
Add the death inputs into the system so benefits will stop for a deceased claimant.
Direct claimants to the appropriate department so they can get their business handled correctly.
Add or withdrawal claimants in Medicare when claimant is eligible. – less
Diverse group of empolyees
Tele Service Rep (Former Employee), Auburn, WAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: good earning and advancement potential
Cons: no true "manager training" program.
Good training, great benefits, super retirement packages, top notch health plans, good opportunities to help incoming callers.
it was good
mail clerk (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDFebruary 21, 2014
the typical day at work was fair, my co-workers were some what ok they got on my nerves sometimes, the most enjoyable part was doing the job the correct way for the simple fact is that I love to stay busy, just knowing that I have done my best.
Ameri Suites is a wonderful place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Decatur, Ga.February 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be registering guest in and out of the hotel. Making sure that there are no discrepancy with there stay or bill. Setting up continental breakfast for guest daily with coffee.
Closing out the night Audit, making sure that each guest bill with any extra charges are correctly paid and balances. Then downloaded to the appropriate – more... place. via, cash or credit card. – less
Satisfactory work place
Legal Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 17, 2014
During my time I acted as Legal Assistant/Secretary/ Clerk/ IT and everything else that my direct judge needed to me to be. Scheduling cases and setting up reporters and professionals that were needed for the cases.
Flex time for starting and stopping work. Avalible child care.
Legal Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: we had a gym that could be used at lunch time or after work.
Cons: two 15 min breaks and 1/2 hr lunch. flex time.
A great place to work the training was outstanding. I love helping people to the fullest. Answering the telephone and working the cases. A typical day at work was working all the new claims first and processing the letters. Assisting coworkers when needed. The hardest part of the job was when you have to stop someones benefits and explain to them why – more... they will not be receiving a check that month or in the future. For example if a student turned 21 years of age and were receiving student benefits there checks would stop. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction i received from helping the claimants. If there was a problem and you had to go through the case to resolve the problem and put the person back in current pay. – less
Good and friendly fellow workers.
Z/OS SSA Analysis/ Performance Management (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: like the environment.
Cons: don't like the area too much (a little dangerous), but i stay in the jewish section of town (and it is safe).
Its a good place to work, but no chance for advancement and becoming a Federal employee. Positions have been frozen for several years now.
GREAT
Help Desk Specialist 2a (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDFebruary 6, 2014
ENJOY WORKING HERE.
THATS ALL I WISH TO DISCLOSE.
FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE
Positive and Fun place to work
System Administration (Former Employee), 6201 security BlvdFebruary 4, 2014
Positive and Fun place to work, all employee are fun and treat one and other equally
Productive Environment
Audit Consultant (Former Employee), MarylandFebruary 3, 2014
Great workplace. The client was very in-tuned with their financial and information technology growth.
Secure job, Good benefits, Can be stressfull. Very busy office environment. Good customer service skills required.
Social Security Claims Representative (Former Employee), Iselin, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: can be stressfull at times.
Interviewing and adjudicating claims throughout the day. Explaining benefits and eligibility to the general public. learned good customer service skills. Management was fair. Set goals and expected productivity. Co workers were cooperative and at times worked in teams. The most difficult part of the job was at times dealing with belligerent,uncooperative – more... individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the general public. Explaining benefits and options. Completing applications. Benefits, compensation, and job security is excellent. – less
Summer Internship Duties
Social Security Administration Summer Internship (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAJanuary 28, 2014
I updated customers disability claims. I scheduled meeting on the phone and in person to get updated medical records from clients so they can continue receiving Social Security Disability income.
Not a conductive & equal treatment work environment
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2014
Cons: unequal treatment by management
Balanced culture, environment, management practices, fair treatment, appreciation, equal treatment is completely absent at present work environment.
NO PRESURE
CUSTOMER/TELESERVICE REP (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flex time, vacation time
Cons: traveling too far to work (1 1/2 hr without traffic)
THE JOB WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR ME. I LEARN HOW SOCIAL SECURITY OPERATE ON A REGULAR DAY. MANAGEMENT WAS FAIR, MY CO WORKERS WERE A GOOD GROUP OF PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO KEEP THE CUSTOMERS HAPPY. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS WHEN I HELP THE CUSTOMERS TO GET WHAT THEY DESERVED AND A SMILE ON THEIR FACE.
Good job security
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: job security and diversity
Cons: health benefits, "political red tape"
I have learned so much since I started working for Social Security. With our primary goal of public service, I discovered many ways of communication with my claimants, learned quite a lot of diversity, culture, and social responsibility. I have learned to adjust to Social Security's ever-changing policies and procedures. Flexibility is key, I have learned – more... how to adjust to the times (economy, unemployment, a person's struggles not only for themselves, but their family as well.) The thing I enjoy most is the sense of accomplishment in knowing I have helped people. – less

About Social Security Administration

These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, – Read more