Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Employer Reviews

Very productive place to work. Met lots of people and learned alot about Social Security.
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre Township, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are great. retirement is great. all the extras are great.
Cons: they work you too seriously.
The DOC (data operations center) is an amazing place to work. Actually very interesting job and wouldn't mind going back there to work.
Diverse friendly culture
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDAugust 15, 2014
Always had an opportunity to learn something new. Going to school and continuing education were encouraged for career growth. Loved the networking atmosphere.
Social Security Administration
Teleservice Center (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: on phone calls consistantly
It is a very stable position. Not much room for advancement unless you have higher education.
Great Place
Service Representative (Current Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great retirement package.
Cons: short lunch break.
On a typical day at work we carry a heavy workload with various duties. I have used my compuet skills to my maximum potential here and I contie to learn more skills each day. My management team is great and I could not ask for better co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is arriving to work and getting started on my duties
Good salary and benefits, work hard and lots to learn
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: interaction with the public
Cons: large inventory workload
You felt a sense of job satisfaction in helping people in need. The job required working large case loads of people filing for disability in various stages financial and emotional need.

The job required focus, attention to detail and organization skills to stay ahead of the growing inventory.

The fact that I was able to work and assist people from – more... all walks of life made the job that much enjoyable. – less
Enjoyable Place to work and Learn
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Social Security was the most enjoyable place to work and I learned a lot of things working in the mail room.
This was my first job after I graduated.
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good supervisor.
Cons: none.
Working for the government was my first job after I graduated from High School. I worked there for 17 years.
Excellent place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity to be promoted/
Cons: there we no cons to this employer
Plenty of opportunity to be promoted. Plenty of training of any new positions
Best Job I've EVER had!
Leadership Development Program/Attorney Advisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MD/Dallas, TexasJuly 29, 2014
Pros: very engaged in employee development
Cons: limited career ladders for attorneys
The Agency gets an undeserved bad reputation. The Leadership is caring, genuine and embrace the philosophy of servant-leadership. They invest a great deal in training and developing the staff. I had the opportunity to be mentored by a handful of executives who made themselves available and always ensured that the path I was on would lead to where I – more... hoped to go in the future. I got a wide range of experiences. My supervisors were great. I loved working here. – less
Great place to work.
Senior Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJuly 26, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: breaks
Flexible work schedule, good for mornings when you are stuck in traffic. I learned a lot about social security disability benefits. Management staff was good. I got along well with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was locating expert witnesses to schedule for hearings. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting in on the actual hearings and – more... being a part of the process. – less
great place to work in
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: two 15 minute breaks
Cons: no overtime
This place had Great staff and flexible hours. I really enjoyed working in this company, because it allowed me to develop and learn different aspects within a large agency.
Flexibility is great
Social Insurance Specialist, Claims Representative (Current Employee), Bessemer, AlabamaJuly 22, 2014
Great way to help others. Good job. Ever evolving environment that is sometimes challenging but an overall good place to work. SSA is very family friendly.
Reputable employer in the field of contract security.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: uniforms provided, many different opportunities.
Cons: contract disagreements. stability is not something you should expect.
As far as contract security goes, G4s Wackenhut is a very well organized employer. They also pay a wage that is competitive in the field.
Interesting and Diverse Work Environment
Summer Aid File Clerk (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 20, 2014
Working in a government facility definitely has its own pros. I had a flexible work schedule and gained exposure to various aspects of legal work while assisting different clientele.
Productive and team work place
Benefit Authorizer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pay is competitive. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Good work ethics. Good training programs.
collecting disability
collecting disability (Former Employee), collecting disabilityJuly 6, 2014
everything is going OK, collecting disability. Receive monthly checks through direct deposit.
Stressful but yet rewarding place to work for
Claims Representative (Current Employee), IndianaJune 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hostile customers and large workloads
You have large work loads and limited time to complete the work. However you are offered overtime and credit hours to complete what they call priority work.

Pro's for security not a lot of firing at this agency. High rate of retirement these days which is why our caseloads are so large.

You normally work under three supervisors’ and a technical expert. – more... However, you only have one direct supervisor you report to. Your technical expert is the go to person when you have complex situations occur.

Con's would be working with hostile individuals. You can get cursed out any given day by and individual. – less
great place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJune 29, 2014
great place to work just not enough pay. Chance for advancement but no increase.
A typical day at work.
Benefit Authorizer (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: great training, great pay, cafeteria on the premises, met nib\ce people
Cons: limited term posisiton not to exceed 36 months.
Resolve all benefit related queries from beneficiaries from employees, and other human resources contacts. Assist the human resources department to educate the employees on the various benefit programs. Prepared weekly reports and audit it regularly to streamline the benefit data in order to remove any error.
Amazing experience
Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkJune 13, 2014
Pros: credit hours
Cons: short lunch
Very busy place, especially being located in Downtown Brooklyn but the experience gained was priceless.

About Social Security Administration

These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, – Read more