Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Employer Reviews

sad
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: early mornings
I loved this job. But the program had to be cut.
Not much to say but some days could be a drag
Same as others
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2014
Please read other brief reviews of previous positions to include Accessible Solutions Branch.
Very high stress, expected to work overtime, no job satisfaction.
Social Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: some days you barely had time to go to the restroom or get a break, expected to work overtime everyday and on weekends, not enough time in the day to get all assigned work done so low job satisfaction.
Interview your appointments, process your allowances, answer the phones for the public and your caseloads. Meet local and regional goals by processing your redetermination cases, overpayments, initial allowances, while answering phones, waiting on customers, making daily changes to customer records, following up on requested and needed documentation. Learn new rules and regulations daily/weekly or as needed.
pleasant work environment with amenities
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Washington, PASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, salaries
Cons: fast pace, and multitasking while maintaining case load, and servicing clientele with respect and dignity while under pressure
Fast paced customer service employment administering Titles 2,16, and 19 of the Social Security Act. Maintained a pending of at least 250 clients. Learned how to multitask, meet deadlines and work alone or in group situations. Management was quite demanding and sometimes unfortunately had confrontations with employees. These incidents were usually resolved to mutual satisfaction. Wonderful interaction with coworkers. Hardest part of job was balancing work on case load with interview demands and special determinations according to agency and Federal law. Tremendous opportunity to develop customer service skills.
Stressful Environment
REPRESENTATIVE PAYEE (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: helping those in need
Cons: long hours
Provided daily services to consumers i.e medical appointments, budgeting, bill pay and any other services deemed appropriate.
Provided World Class Service
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee), New Albany, INSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits and generous leave program
Cons: managing conflicts between employees
The most rewarding part of working for the Social Security Administration was working for and serving the public. My specialty was the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. SSI is a needs-based disability and aged program. I have learned how to empathize, to develop an organized work ethic, and to hone my customer service skills. The most difficult part of my position as Assistant District Manager was dealing with complaints the public had with my employees. My goal was to not only deal with the situation but to also insure the claimant was served. The most enjoyable part of my position were the times my office received compliments from the public concerning our service.
Federal Employer that processed Social Security Beneifits
Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
This agency ensured the financial security of eligible beneficiaries. The agency dealt with individuals during the most difficult times of their lives.
Social Security Office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: i'm a great organizer, received praise, recognition and pats on the back from my supervisor and colleagues
Cons: filing was not my best straight but, it needed to be done
I completed a particularly challenging assignments. Participate in a solution that improved customer service, enhanced efficiency, saved time and increased productivity. I receive an,award for completing many fraud reports.
A typical day at the Social Security office consist of 300 claimants and allot of patients and respect. Our day consist of claimants ranging in different ages from teenagers to adults to the elderly, from homeless to confused people who want to retire and can't. Hardest part of my job was denied benefits to people in need due to not qualified,low income and not enough work for disability or retirement. I enjoyed working as a team with my fellow co-worker they always were eager to assist me and teach me. I enjoyed my job.
Claimant problem solving
Social Security Administration Teleservice (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: essentially self directed
Cons: some bureaucratic restrictyions
Answering 50-60 calls daily. Used computer to online records to resolve issues.
This was just a college job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKSeptember 24, 2014
It was not great mainly because I was just a college student doing this job
Good Job No Benefits
Disability Retirement (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: i brought my own lunches
Cons: i also took my own breaks because i ran the shop alone, and did all the work.
My job at Enterprise Auto Body was fun and i enjoyed what I was doing. But there were no medical nor other health related benefits offered by the employer. My days were filled mostly with repairing cars and or trucks that had already been repaired there before I got my job. I had only one co-worker and he did the cleaning of the shop and grounds then if needed he would help move a vehicle or two into or out of the shop.The most enjoyable part of the job was payday as is in most job related situations, on my payday my daughter would always come get her money for shopping her and my wife because I usually did not get off until around 8 or 9 PM and the stores would be closed and I worked weekends also.
Government job
Contact Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was taking phone calls and answering questions from the pubilic regarding there Social Security and Medicare. What I learned was everything and anything about Social Security and Mediare. Co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the call center atmosphere.
Excellent employer and managers
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hammond, INSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: public contact
Cons: rude claimants
I enjoyed my job as a claims representative immensely. I particularly enjoyed my interaction with the public. The office personnel functioned as a team to meet office goals. Our office was looked upon most favorably by the public for being friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. The most difficult aspect of job is just not having enough time to help everyone.
Retired with Benefits
Retired (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Pros: at home a lot
Cons: lonely, bored
I retired young and would like to work from home if I can find that type of job.
Social Security summer intern
Intern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 25, 2014
My duties were to assist the supervisor and workers with anything they needed help with including the mail room, organizing files, leaving messages for the clients, and sending off reminders for future appointments.
Interesting but stressful
Technical Expert (Former Employee), Washington, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: steady employment, good pay
Cons: stressful at times
I have worked for the Social Security Administration for 40 years before retiring in October, 2013. I worked in various positions. This is one of the most complicated jobs dealing with the public and their benefits. I have a very strong work ethic due to the variance of this job. I worked my way up from the lowest position because there was opportunity given to good workers. I had met many interesting people in this position.
Good job
Legal Assistant (Senior Case Technician) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2014
Pros: perform work on my own
Cons: little contact with co workers
Reviewed work load for the day, and worked it up. See resume for details.
Very productive place to work. Met lots of people and learned alot about Social Security.
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre Township, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are great. retirement is great. all the extras are great.
Cons: they work you too seriously.
The DOC (data operations center) is an amazing place to work. Actually very interesting job and wouldn't mind going back there to work.
Diverse friendly culture
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDAugust 15, 2014
Always had an opportunity to learn something new. Going to school and continuing education were encouraged for career growth. Loved the networking atmosphere.
Social Security Administration
Teleservice Center (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: on phone calls consistantly
It is a very stable position. Not much room for advancement unless you have higher education.

About Social Security Administration

These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, – Read more