Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Employee Reviews

Great employer and work environment
Contact Representative (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 19, 2015
I couldnt of asked for a better company and supervisor to work for
The Social Security Administration provides excellent training to do your job and do it well
Very full-filling job until my retirement!!!!
Administrative Assistant/District Office Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: holidays off and good pay!
Cons: too short lunch times!
My job at work was very fast paced. I used two computers to do my job and usually was the first to arrive to open the office and sometimes stayed to lock up at night. I had a lot of varied jobs to do and did them at my own pace as I was the only Administrative Assistant in the District. The hardest part of my job was retirement as I would still be working there today but felt that it was time to leave! The most enjoyable part of the job was all of it!
Excellent organization to work with.
Independent Auditor (Former Employee), Bingham Farms, MIMarch 10, 2015
Excellent organization to work with. Agents were professional and offered assistance where needed when trying to understand the regulations governing the use of social security funds.
a secure job
Disability Examiner (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: the flexibility of the work hours
I loved knowing I was helping people to start receiving their benefits I loved the diversity of the job it was never boring
Flex schedule
Teleservice Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2015
Good place to work. Flex schedules are offered and a good management team. There is a lot to learn everday and you get to help the public understand the programs that are available through Social Security.
Service Representative
Tele-Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short lunches
A typical day as a service representative is challenging. You can assist one caller with retirement benefits then the next call you can offer your condolences to a widow who recently lost her husband. I have learned to always go the extra mile when assisting customers and to be human. Show compassion and empathy. The hardest part of my job is when you have a caller that you just can't help. They may not qualify for benefits and you hear their heartfelt story and wish there was something you could do. I enjoy trying to always make a difference in a person's life.
Social Security is an excellent place to work.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Excellent health and life insurance. Excellent vacation and sick leave. Good retirement package. I worked in a clean and safe multi- culture environment.

The procedure could be challenging and sometimes changing from day to day. I was constant attending training.

Best of all I loved interacting with the customers
N/A
CLAIMS RECORD TECHICIAN (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: ssa
WORK WITH SSA I DIFFENT THAN WORKING FOR THE NAVY I FEEL AS THOUGH I ACCOMPLISHED MORE WITH THE NAVY THAN ANY GOVERTMENT JOB
productive but overused program
Contact Representative (Current Employee), Tullahoma, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: helps those in need
Cons: misused
I absolutely love helping those who are disabled, retired, and widowed. However this program is highly misused by many as a first stop source for income and should be monitored more closely.
Friendly and helpful staff
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Rockford ILFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with the other Claims Reps. They were always willing to provide assistance to trainees.

A typical day at work consisted of conducting interviews with the public for disability and retirement benefits.
Abitrary factors meddle with professional work. SSA appears to be privately owned, otherthan Federally owned.
Legal Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Requires total reform. That System is down.
Friendly Environment
Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Good work atmosphere, flexible work schedule. Working with others who are very knowledgeable on a large IT project. Work with new technology.
Very rewarding for those who enjoy helping others
Technical Expert (Current Employee), McAlester, OKFebruary 16, 2015
No two days are the same. You also see all types of people for all different diversities.

If you find joy helping people then this is a job for you.
Desk job
Tele-service Representative Fort Lauderdale (Current Employee), Fort LaufderdaleFebruary 16, 2015
Busy, long and not bad for people who do not like to deal face to face with the public. I've learned the public is very interesting and the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving to go home
High paid customer service job
Claims Representative (Former Employee), DuBois, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: well paid customer service position
Cons: negative work climate, belligerent claimants
To be successful here, you have to learn to deal with many types of claimants - some will appreciate your efforts, some are quite belligerent. Some will try to scam the system, some you will want to help but the laws do not allow you to. Workload is incredibly high - so much work, so little manpower to complete it. Co-workers will complain about almost anything and the negative climate can affect the most patient and positive person. Management tends to make decisions on what's "fair" and not what's best for the team as a whole.
Professional setting
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: a basis for advancement and work security
Cons: training
I worked directly with clients to process retirement and disability benefits.
I accurately communicated information in English and Spanish to ensure customer satisfaction.
I successfully handled customer service inquiries over the phone.
I provided superior customer care at all times by effectively managing time and maintaining an organized workspace.
fast paced
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: stress
wonderful pay and benefits. helping those in need. can be very stressful. never dull. there are always changes. must be able to multitask and work through interuptions
Verry good
System Administration (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca AZFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: working at the doim was verry well
Cons: work at the doim was a dead end as for a rank
At the USAICS DOIM Fort Huachuca was a good place to work a lot of turn overs but mostly for the best, management had a good standing.
Stable and secure, but stressful and mind-numbingly boring
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, no room for individual thought or initiative
The hardest parts of this job are the endless monotony of government rules and regulations and working with the general public, many of whom are senil and elderly or mentally disabled.
Very productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day there was busy, its where I first learned data entry, management was good althought I worked there doing the summers so it really worked with my schedule. My co-workers where great , the hardest part of my job was learning how to do data entry in a fast pace environment, the enjoyable part was it was there was room for improvment.

About Social Security Administration

These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, – Read more

Social Security Administration Salaries