Social Security Administration Employee Reviews

Very good enttity to work for.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 24, 2015
Social security is a hands on approach to social services that allows many employees to make a difference on a daily basis.
arrives monthly, so far!
Recepient (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZAugust 24, 2015
I am living OK on my SS. What can I say? I worked 45 years for this paycheck, It is not handouts, I worked and earned this money. If they would have deposited my money in a return account I could retire now with a substantial income.
Pros
Monthly income
Cons
For how long? Obamacare
The Office
Remittance Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2015
Daily office administration, everlasting calories. Batching checks with accounts adjusted. So/So Cafe No Fitness room.
Cons
Breaks
excellent
Senior Systems Developer, Procedural DBA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2015
One of the best places in the world. Their practices are professional. The technical knowledge at SSA is beyond compare. There data center is one of the best in the world.
Pros
flexible
Cons
It was a very nice place ti work
Administrative Assistente (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot a about Social security Retirement, Disability,

Social Security Card, Administration, Under were 50 employees,

did the time and Attendance, I was in and writing checks.
\
Im Bilingual, Spoke Spanish to English, English to Spanish for the costumer the needed translation.

I got along with my co-workers. The Hardest part of the job, early morning when a lot costumer came in.
The most part is is was a enjoyable..
Pros
Rushing the whole day
Cons
Eating lunch with my co-workers
Teleservice Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2015
This company was very informative I'have learned a lot and being a service to the public was what I loved most of all ever since the age of 15 I have work in the customer service field and loved it ever since
Great place to work, but little advancement
ATTORNEY ADVISER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2015
To elaborate, there is advancement within SSA, but you must be willing to relocate. If you are willing to relocate, then you can go far.
My Time At Social Security
Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
As a previous employee at the Social Security Administration, I enjoyed working in the customer service department and interacting with the customers. I also enjoyed assisting and giving them a complete explanation of their benefits with the company. Management at Social Security was very professional and patient, and assisted me with solving problems. My co-workers while I was there made me feel comfortable, and we worked great as a team in assisting one another. For me, the hardest part of my job was not being able to accommodate every individual's needs at the time. But while I was there, I learned about the different areas of the Social Security Administration and how it functions in its entirety. Such as retirement, disability and widow benefits.
Pros
Talking to new people everyday
Cons
Not enough staff
Teamwork and respect , with a ping pong table.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pinedale, CAAugust 12, 2015
Very much enjoyed my time there as well as the people that worked there , very supportive and friendly. Wish I could have stayed there . My ideal workplace. If given the opportunity I would work there in a heartbeat! Very professional and fun people, hard work with a splash of fun!!! Management is supportive and co-works are so friendly.
Pros
They all work togather as a team
Cons
They are not hiring at this time, there is a freeze on.
A Day at SSA
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDAugust 11, 2015
The Social Security Administration is a huge organization that has its own set of politics. I feel it is time to explore other promising career options.
Pros
Flextime Shift Band
Cons
Lack of Human Capital
Poor management
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 11, 2015
Unreasonable expectations for new employees, hostile work environment, no management support for employees. Excellent government benefits and retirement.
Pros
Excellent Benefots
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced very little room for error
Senior Case Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 10, 2015
Federal Government job that was very rewarding and challenging. Enjoyed working with the public and coworkers on a daily basis, including an incredible management team.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Goverment Shutdowns
supervised 15-20 employees
Assistant Module Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2015
Made sure units goals and deadlines were met, remained flexible when priorities were changed by upper management. I enjoyed helping the public and also seeing employees I had worked with become successful at the job. Dealing with difficult employees made my job very difficult at times.
Pros
leave policies
Cons
lack of advancement
Enjoyable work place
Care Provider for Family Member (Former Employee) –  Ashland VaAugust 8, 2015
I'm on disability benefits. In my previous job at accu industries, I was well liked as a supervisor. I was very precise and accurate as a trainer. Built lasting relationships with customers and employees.
Spent most of the on day on the phone taking orders, entering orders, customer relations, communicating with other departments,
and troubleshooting equipment.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
Laid off
Would definitely work here again
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 6, 2015
I loved working here but I was only a contract employee. When I was no longer needed I no longer had a job. The federal government has been on a hiring freeze so it is very difficult to become a permanent employee.
Pros
Phenomenal place to work
Cons
very hard to become a permanent employee
n/a
Benefit Authorizor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 3, 2015
A typical 8 hr day would be all business and no play. Some co-workers were afraid to talk too long. The hardest part of that job was maintaining a positive rapport with the management team. No real support. The most enjoyable part of the job was when they had celebrate the different culture in preparing lunch specials and a multi-cultural festivities that they had yearly that lasted for one week.. day was going home at 2:30 p.m.
Pros
Flexible office hr., cost of living raise yearly
Cons
management thought process was always in sink
Fun place to work, great wrok environment, great managers/supervisors
Facilities Management Section (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 31, 2015
A great place to work, especially if you love being around great people who care about your life outside of work and interact with you on a personal basis instead of having the mood feel so uptight. i learned so much from this job, i gathered skills that i don't think i would have learned anywhere else (like learning how to use several machines). The things that i learned from this job i can take with me wherever i go and i'm more than certain it will enhance my chances of always being able to receive some kind of employment because of the skills that i have acquired from working at this job. My supervisors were great and my co-workers were the best, they became my friends and i wouldn't have traded the experience i got from this job for the world.
Pros
great work environment, loving co-workers, room for advancement, learning new skills.
Cons
there were none
A very productive place to work. Great changes
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, marylandJuly 21, 2015
As A Project Manager for the Social Security Administration, I was responsible for moving and renewing the leases of all Social Security Offices Nationwide. I coordinated furniture, phones and electrical shut downs and utilities to be turned on. Was involved in a workgroup which deceived what furniture/cubicle types were to be fitted to each employees position. Attended meetings. Volunteered to be involved in a variety of workgroups, focus groups.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, made many friends
Cons
To many politics
work
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 17, 2015
Decent pay for the work. Unfortunately like any other government agency, it requires stacks of paperwork to assist anyone. Documents are incredibly hard to locate and decipher once you obtain it. Similiar to the show "The Office."
By far the best job I had
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2015
As a Office Assistant I had the opportunity to learn various positions within the company. I really enjoyed coming into work everyday. I was never doing boring repetitive work, I had a well balanced verity of work to do throughout the work day that included Customer benefit interviews, Mail, Stock, Filing, making client calls and data entry.
Pros
Wide verity of work, friendly work environment.