Social Security Administration Employee Reviews

Great Organization
N/A (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great environment
I enjoy working for the organization. The organization is a family environment. The employees are hard working people and always going over and beyond to make sure the public is well taken care of.
I enjoyed working there!
Contact Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
Pros: Helping people with there Social Security retirement!
Cons: When people were denied their Social Security Disability retirement.
A typical day consisted of reading all new Orders and directives before its time to get on the telephones. The hardest part of the job was making sure that I understood the correct meaning for all the technical words and forms that had to be filled out.
Very busy
intern (Former Employee), chesterApril 12, 2015
days for me started at 1130
i learned teamwork there
the managment was fine
my coworkers were great and good at what they do
the hardest was the workload
it's a good place to work.
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 11, 2015
Pros: very encouraging
Cons: none
A good company. people friendly, encouraging, ethical. christian a pretty good place to work for the most part. A hard working group of people .a government facility with consistent hard at work people in durham.
SSA is a good place to work.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2015
A typical day consists of doing many things to include submitting Medicare applications, processing overpayments, interviewing the public for Social Security cards, and answering general questions.

The people you work with makes the work environment very comfortable. Probably the hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines for each week, but they are pretty easy though.
Diverse atmosphere, never mundane
Service Representative Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, vacation, overtime options.
Working as a Customer Service Assistant, I was exposed to the daily operations of public service. Although my tenure was brief, I took full advantage of the opportunity to learn all I could from fellow employees and management. Social Security is a complex and pertinent administration in todays society. I now have a better understanding of how the programs are organized, what criteria must be met and who qualifies and when.
Daily face to face interaction with the public was my favorite part of the job. Every day brought many new faces and challenges, as well as opportunities to help people. I appreciated the diversity and disparateness of those that visited or called the office.
ok place to work
Compactor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2015
It is a ok place to work. Very boring kind of work. New ideas are frowned upon. Any free thinking is also frowned upon,. The pay is good but very mind numbing work from the beginning of the day to the end.
It was a great place to work.
Benefit Technical Examiner (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2015
I learned a lot. The schedule was very flexible. I highly recommend this job. It was a great experience. It is important to keep up with what is going on in the federal government.
Stability
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Social Security provides an exciting work atmosphere. Serving the American public is very rewarding. It allows you the opportunity to interact with different people daily, resolving their needs, while having a different impact on their lives.
IT Specialist (Systems Analyst) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2015
Love this place! Allows for self and career growth. Learned various information in various aspects. Co-workers are nice.
Little opportunity for advancement
Social Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCMarch 30, 2015
Cons: promotion
Working for the agency almost eight years no promotion in five. I'm a hard working dedicated employee. Job can be very demanding most days.
Service Representative
Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 27, 2015
High paced job where multi-tasking is essential. Excellent communication skills are essential to excel in the position. Working with the public can be challenging and rewarding. Attaining knowledge and feeling comfortable explaining information to beneficiaries and their representatives regarding the programs Social Security administers can take some time.
Social Security
Debt Management (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
It was a rewarding and learning experience during my tour of duty at the Government Agency. Worked on processing items in suspense, that was related to pay issue.
Productave and fast pace work environment
Accounting Technician (summer internship) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
They prepare the financial information which professional accountants or business managers use when making decisions. They may be the only financially trained member of staff in small enterprises.
Stable environment
EEO Collateral Duty Counselor (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 22, 2015
Stable enviroment. Great hours. Easy going management. Learned a lot through available programs and events/ networking seminars. overtime is always available to increase salary.
Good place to start a career
Social Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits; career development
Cons: Stress, high work volume
The job is very challenging however very rewarding. In this job your duties are part lawyer, part doctor, part policy analyst.
Great employer and work environment
Contact Representative (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 19, 2015
I couldnt of asked for a better company and supervisor to work for
The Social Security Administration provides excellent training to do your job and do it well
Very full-filling job until my retirement!!!!
Administrative Assistant/District Office Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: holidays off and good pay!
Cons: too short lunch times!
My job at work was very fast paced. I used two computers to do my job and usually was the first to arrive to open the office and sometimes stayed to lock up at night. I had a lot of varied jobs to do and did them at my own pace as I was the only Administrative Assistant in the District. The hardest part of my job was retirement as I would still be working there today but felt that it was time to leave! The most enjoyable part of the job was all of it!
Excellent organization to work with.
Independent Auditor (Former Employee), Bingham Farms, MIMarch 10, 2015
Excellent organization to work with. Agents were professional and offered assistance where needed when trying to understand the regulations governing the use of social security funds.
a secure job
Disability Examiner (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: the flexibility of the work hours
I loved knowing I was helping people to start receiving their benefits I loved the diversity of the job it was never boring