Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: group lunch on fridays
My daily activities are into database administration. I learned a lot about new database architectural skills. My co-workers are fine and good people. My hardest part of my job is multitasking. The most enjoying part of the job is team work.
Excellent work place.
Sr. Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: challenging environement
Cons: nothing
Excellent work place, Technically sound people, Advance technology environment.
Very Productive and lots of fun and interesting
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: we enjoyed our parties that we planned forour office.
Cons: we worked a lot of overtime and sometimes that was hard.
Working for the Social Security Administration really open my eyes to how a lot of people live and need help. Taking claims from sick people and learning about the way they lived certainly open my eyes and made me feel really good when I could help them.

The hardest part of my job was obtaining all the proofs that we need to complete the applications.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the sick people that really need the SSI income to live and receive medical care.
Great first job out of college
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Morrow GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: easy style of management and great mentoring
Cons: lack of time to process workload priorities
This job consists of a great deal of autonomy, integrity, and it is very rewarding. Being able to help people from ages birth the their golden years is very rewarding.
Example fun place to work
Contact Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks
Cons: healthcare
Social Security Administration an excellent place to work provides benefits to over fifty millions beneficiaries. You meet excellent customers with many Social Security Administration stories overall I wonderful place to work.
wonderful place to work
Reader Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: can't think of a ny
HAPPY WITH SOCIAL SECURITY - MANAGEMENT, ETC. WERE FAIR. LEFT BECAUSE MY POSITION WAS ELIMINATED BECAUSE VISUALLY IMPAIRED GENTLEMAN I SUPPORT RETIRED. OVERALL VERY HAPPY WITH CULTURE
Great Agency
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2014
This agency is truly all about serving the public. Always feel rewarding at the end of the day.
It's nice to work for a company that values you.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2014
It's very important for me to get along with everyone I work with. Respect and Communication it's the key for a successful workplace. Working for Social Security has been a great experience because I have been able to helped people from all over the world.
SSA
Supervisory Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Sacramento CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: restrictions on political fundraising
Excellent palce to work with excellent benefits and excellent opportunities for advancement.
Secure
Service Representative (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: limitted opportunities
Worked for very short period as part time, not a lot to say since I wasn't really a full time nor did I have benefits.
Couldn't say anything about the culture.
Social Security
Account Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Multifaceted position which requires excellent time management, adaptability, communication, and team work to be successful.
Atmosphere of Cooperation
Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 13, 2014
Pros: culture of the workplace
Cons: short lunch hour (1/2 hour)
I found working for SSA to be an overall great experience in my 24 years with the agency. I was encouraged to seek education opportunities both within the agency in outside the workplace. I worked in five facilities including three District Offices, one Branch Office and one Teleservice Center and I found good cooperation between management and staff. I was fortunate enough to have co-workers who were both cordial and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with absenteeism of one the individuals I supervised, but even that was short term. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping both the public and served and the people I supervised.
Great place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits, flexible schedule
Cons: lack of job openings
Offers excellent opportunity for growth and development.
Good Place
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity for advancement
Cons: location
A standard work place, with good environment, good pay and real opportunity for advancement.
Nice environment with bad leaders
Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: set schedule, federal job, job security
Cons: not able to make changes
This Job was Great. The reason why I left was so i could pursue a different career. The place was military friendly. The management was trying to force good worker out in exchange for younger ones
challenging yet enjoyable work place
Assistant To Office Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2014
Pros: made many friends
Cons: some of the sad cases got a little close to home. at the time i lived with a disabled spouse.
While working for OHA, i made several friends and had a good working relationship with each employee. I was challenged initially to get settled with the workload. It had been quite sometime since the office had someone consistently entering the hearing request. I appeared that it had been formed out to who ever could spare the time during the week. So initially the files were piled high. I managed to get that process caught up. No heroic effort really just consistence. Later I was promoted to the job of assistant to the manager of the OHA. I handled the Chief Judges correspondence, the time sheets, inventory of all the equipment, GSA report of vehicles assigned to the OHA, Judges travel, and accommodations, as well as the general management of the office from reception, to traffic flow for the day to day hearings. I also processed expert witness, and fees for the hearings. I have many memories of the OHA days and a couple of funny stories.
It was very fun with enthusastic peers that keep things fresh and balanced.
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2014
Pros: bus fare vouchers every month
My typical day at work is prepare meeting material for the next conference, data entry, filing, mail delivery, run office errands and whatever random assignments that my occur. I learned how to time manage, communicate with multiple supervisors, and how to work in a in a shifty workload environment.

The best part about the job was communicating and working with so many different individuals that are also hard workers like yourself.

The hardest and most difficult part about this job was low workload. When you workload is low it becomes draining. I am a highly energetic person and I need to stay busy but I understand that work gets slow sometimes.
Awarded through the Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2014
Must be a college student enrolled part or full time.
Must maintain a certain grad point average.
Must report transcripts to Human Resource Manager.
Assigned to a department and given a title.
Perform the duties assigned by management of the department.
Fast pace call center
Debtor Contract Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 26, 2014
As a DCR we work accounts of many stuctures having to work cases and answer a high call volume. Provide account resolutions for challenging cases providing quality customer service.
Exposure to opportunity to serve the public
Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: restricted opportunity for advancement
Consistently provided optimum customer service in a fast paced, time sensitive environment requiring 100% accurate review of requests and application of appropriate codes for payment processing. Conducted interviews for representative payee suitability, Social Security retirement, and supplemental security income applications.

About Social Security Administration

These guys have your number. Or at least you better hope they do. The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays retirement, disability, – Read more

Social Security Administration Salaries