SOCIAL SERVICES AGENCY Employee Reviews

Iffy
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Malone, NYMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids but the check should come directly too whoever is working. The one I worked for failed to give me my checks. The company overall is good to work for and had good pay
Review for social services agency
Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Internship was unpaid in hope of permeant placement. Agency used me as free labor and lied to me about permeant employment. My advice to any one thinking of offering their time as intern at Social Services Agency. Don't do it.
Pros
Learned more about people.
Cons
They just use people for free labor.
Productive friendly environment
Wraparound Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
Nice place to work at. Friendly helpful people. Good learning environment. They work with a at risk diverse population. The work is community based and resources for families.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Excellent place to work at & assist individuals & families in need.
Eligibility Technician (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Social Services Agency is a government agency & thus a great place to work for. Besides the employee benefits offered through the job, the experience gained working with diverse clientele is a must have experience. Working with public is a great pleasure & the fact to be able to assist people in need.
Pros
Benefits, helping others, job security
Cons
Diverse clientele & thus there are times to work around challenging issues
productive
Specialist Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 16, 2015
I would answer phones send email work with parent advocates and child welfare workers. I learned how to place children in safe homes.
Pros
learning experience
A great experience
Medi-Cal Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 22, 2015
I was a Medi-Cal technician and had about 300 cases. I enjoyed helping families in need and felt productive. There were many legal issues to consider in doing this type of work and it sometimes could be confusing. I do not speak Spanish and that would have been a big plus, but I did the best I could.
Pros
Excellent benefits and work schedule
Cons
Management was not the best
Helping those in need
ELIGIBILITY TECHNICIAN COUNTY OF ORANGE (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyFebruary 2, 2015
Because of the Social Services Agency we are able to assist our clients with expert help. We are able to work efficiently to solve the problems of our clients and educate them on new information that is disseminated for the expressed purpose for helping our community members with their life needs. I am a helper person so I enjoyed every moment of working with the people that I served.
Pros
Assisting the community with their needs.
Cons
the commute to work from home
Clerical front office
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2014
Workplace is nice, work start at 8 AM to 5 PM, meeting different kinds of people and learning their culture and tradition. Team work environment. The hardest part of the job is my first day it's hard to absorb the instruction and procedure at one time. I enjoy working in this company coz co workers are very accomodated and helpful and the job assigned to me is easy.
It was a fun job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 25, 2014
I liked working with people and in groups, but I also loved filing and pulling out file for the other social services agency
Pros
we had are breaks on time, worked 5 days a week and made our 40 hours
Meeting new people
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 24, 2013
Everyday Ive learned new things and new people's life stories,that why you have to live your life like if its going to be the last day because you never know what can happen .
Rewarding work assisting the community
Welfare Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 27, 2013
I really enjoyed this career, as I worked helping the community for many years, and I never got tired of it, this is something that I do really enjoy doing, and at the same time is rewarding being able to help the needy group in our community.
The environment at the office is wonderful, as we are united as a family sharing the same interests.
The hardest part of the job was when the district eliminated case load management, to implement the now service center, where everybody work with any assigned case, so we couldn't have contact with our clients as before.
Pros
good retirement benefits
Cons
less career oportunities
Highly professional work environment and great opportunities for promotions
Eligibility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Currently retired from Orange County Government.
Highly professional work environment and great opportunities for promotions
Great benefits, opportunity for a variety of careers and great tuition programs, also variety of work schedule and good rate pay at all levels positions.
Pros
excellent orange county government agency
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fun Workplace
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 16, 2012
i liked workig for the social services agency welfare department because it gave me the experience to help people when needed when i was a teenager. it was a summer youth program through R.O.P though it was only a 2month job i really enjoyed it alot.
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
15 min breaks
Great experience!
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 24, 2012
Maintain a professional, compassionate, and respectable relationship. Maintain a good driving record! Drive client to and from all appointments. Cook daily meals. Maintain home clean and keep home safe for client. Drive client to market to do grocery shopping. Schedule all doctor visits. Montor daily medication. Bath and dress client. Maintain a responsible schedule; Provide laundry service.
Pros
permanent work schedule. dependable work. makes a difference in someone's life.
Cons
work ended when person dies.
Office work to help provide services through out the county.
Senior Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2012
Sign in at work hour. Check to see if there are any forms sent from Senior Nutrition Sites to add into the data system. Rosters and labels for clients are printed. Deadlines are the 25th of every month. If asked to work on something more urgent for Dieticians or Manager such as xeroxing or mailing before the end of the day then see to that as soon as possible. When there is no one present at the Program's phone line answer calls for client and provide information. It is important to be friendly and willing to help. I learned a lot about senior hunger and the way programs in the county work. Also it is very important to finish data entry on deadlines or the managers cannot maintain sites in order and clients do not receive their services. Office is quiet but people are really friendly and communicate clearly.
Pros
flexible, nice people, purposeful
Cons
quiet, repetetive
Great foundation for culture and values
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMarch 19, 2012
Great foundation for culture and values but somewhere along the way they got lost in time. They lag behind other installations in job knowledge because they are focused on hiring based on the buddy system. It would really help if they hired based on knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Pros
very nice people
Cons
buddy system