Social Services

Social Services Employer Reviews

Fast Paced
Directors Assistant (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXApril 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work: Managing case work load, ensuring everyones case was resolved in the making, no person was turned away no matter on circumstances. Everyone was taken care of like a part of the Family everyone was met and greeted with a smile to ensure they knew they were safe with us.
I learned that to definately not judge a book by its cover, everyone out does need help no matter what kind. Making things personal sometimes does help.
The hardest part of the job was not getting too involved and having a heart sometimes you couldn't feel bad for someone you had to help some be strong for their own sake.
The most enjoyable part was seeing their faces and knowing I actually helped make a difference in someones life. It truly made me feel good.
Co-workers were just a part of my family we were are linked together.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
Riversouth Rehabilitation Center, Counselor (Current Employee), Monroe, LAApril 10, 2012
Provide therapeutic treatment to children, young adults, and older adults. The coworkers that I work with coincide with one another and work together.
Great Learning Experience
Office Technician, County of Orange (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 5, 2012
This company provides interaction with diverse cultures and contimually improves on processes to get better and provide quality information and services.
The goal is to re-unify parents and children.
Human Service Aide (Current Employee), Family Services/Child Protective ServicesMarch 7, 2012
Pros: family oriented, flexible schedule
Cons: promotional opportunities are scarce
Job stability with the goal of reunifyig children and parents.
offered flexible work schedule, company celebrations, training seminars
Case Manager/Work Services coordinator (Former Employee), Westerly, RIFebruary 6, 2012
Pros: company gatherings, supervisors sought employee input, decent benefits
Cons: low pay and dependent upon the state system
COmpany and supervisors were committed and encouraged educational growth and job development.

About Social Services

Lutheran Social Service is the designated coordinated agency for Lutheran Disaster Response, a cooperative ministry of the Lutheran – Read more