Societe Generale Employee Reviews in United States

I was there short time as a consultant
Senior Technical Consultant, Emerging Markets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
Not bad - worked with smart people, which is always fun.
Free fruits every day was nice.
Worked long hours but not too long.
A great work life balance
Program Manager, Equipment Finance (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 14, 2016
Societe Generale is a tremendous organization for career advancement and professional development. I will always encourage individuals to apply for employment at Societe Generale.
Productive and great worth ethic
Project Manager - CONTRACT (Former Employee) –  JerseyMay 5, 2016
Fantastic place to work. Great work Ethic and very personable. All management are easy to talk to and basically a fun place to work.
A unique experience in the US
ADVISORY TEAM (Analyst) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
Discover the thrill of the trading floor in a fast pace intense and challenging environment. Interns are little paid for the job done but it's part of the game.
Three
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
Work and life balance is fine, No room for advancement, they hire a lot of temporary help and you could be there forever as a temporary employee.
Excellent place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Great place to work, excellent benefits, great location, opportunities for advancement, great culture, wonderful experience to have worked for Societe Generale
Great Learning Experience
KYC Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Great learning experience . Very active office. Nice building and ovation. Learned a lot even some french. Left for better opportunities.
High anxiety work place
Broker - Night Desk- European shift (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
This company is a very high anxiety place to work. The management does not communicate their ideas or plans for the company very clearly which leads to a very intense experience.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not very transparent
Great office experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
I learned a lot of things I could use in the future, such as knowing how to use Microsoft word and excel, and allocating limits. My coworkers were great, they never gave me a hard time. I always did my work on time and at a fast pace. The hardest part of my internship was dealing with rude customers and that made me learn how to have patience. The most enjoyable part was having an open mind and learning new things each day.
Pros
Free lunches
Bookkeeper
BookKeeper/Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manila, ARNovember 27, 2015
Well managed Offshore French Bank branched in Manila. The workers and environment was really pleasing. Working with professional people in the banking industry was exciting to experience.
Pros
well compensated

Want to know more about Societe Generale?

Ask a question
Easy work ... laid back environment
Tech Lead for FX Front Office ( VP ) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2015
Great place if you want to relax at work. Lots of vacation and not that much work to do. If you can sit through meetings and play the metrics game a bit it can be a very relaxed place to work with few deliverables and an occasional trip to paris.
Pros
lots of vacation, low stress, not much work
Cons
no vertical mobility, lots of internal politics
fx
Foreign Exchange Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paris, NYOctober 20, 2015
work well with others, good customer relations, handles any situation in a timely manner, learned all functions within the department to assist others.
Productive tenure.
V.P., Business Analyst, DMA Trade Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2015
The team I worked on was all about getting things done the right was with out any drama. I felt comfortable speaking my mind even when expressing concerns or disagreement on how to do things. I learned a lot during my time there which was one of my objectives.
Pros
The team I was on was productive and politics free.
Cons
The positives went away as we intergrated into the larger organization.
Global company focused on business models that don't work in all cases
Chicago Office (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Overall, good company with good benefits. Big, global, corporate feeling may be overwhelming at times. Has tons of internal communications that jam up email inboxes. Lots of regulations to keep up with. Nice people to work with if you are an insider.
Pros
good benefits, large bank with opportunities
Cons
changing business model, focused on bottom line, no job guarantee
Do not care about people. Only care about cost cutting.
Senior Desktop Support and Help Desk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2015
Do not care about people. Only care about cost cutting. Outsourcing all IT jobs. Hire only junior level support to help traders.
Competitive enviornment.
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Commercial Bank with emphasis on capital markets products in US. I was able to use a significant level credit authority on a wide variety of transactions.
Pros
Benefits were acceptable.
Cons
Not much chance for advancement.
Great team, who collectively enjoyed working together,and gave 500% daily
Senior Securities lending Associate (Former Employee) –  New York City Park AveJuly 8, 2015
Reviewing the days work for possible exposure to the firm. Creating an excel spreadsheet ,notifing sales and management, to possible loss or penalties. Retransmit recall letters.Making sure we where in complience with short and long buy-in execution notices and reduce P&L. Notifying contra brokers of returned securities in a timely manner, emphasizing if its recalled stock..Management supported our ideas to improve work conditions, reduce risk,and exposure. Executing buy-in orders when contra brokers are exposed for a day.A trader kills a notification buy-in letter and fails to notify all concerned parties.
Pros
We respected and worked as one team one goal
Cons
waiting on contra parties with possible executing prices
Great Benefits .. and diversity company
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Work life balance isn't too bad for most of the teams. No room for career advancement for non french speakers.The senior management is sharp and well informed but day to day managers are lacking knowledge to lead teams.
Productive and Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2015
My first consulting experience with Societe General. Very happy to work with cooperative finance team. I highly command this company for work. If I get chance I will go again with SG.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
No Cons
An ok place to work
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2015
The work life balance at SG is good but there is no room for career advancement. The senior management is sharp and well informed but day to day managers are lacking knowledge to lead teams.