Societe Generale

Societe Generale Employer Reviews

excellent and fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Saint-Étienne, B9March 18, 2014
societe generale is a fun place to work at. my co-workers were awesome and helpful. also the customers were respectful and nice.
Great place with very open managment
Software Developer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 21, 2014
The company provides for good growth opportunities. It also helps employees increase their knowledge in areas of interest.
Productive and stable business
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Paris, FranceJanuary 17, 2014
Healthy working environment, multinational experience can be easily gained
Learn, Work and Enjoy!
Windows Server Administrator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: exotic team outing and lunch, best infrastructure.
Cons: lethargic
SG is one of the most reputed organizations and is known for its name. I realized the reason for its fame after being a part of the company. It is one of the companies which promotes work as fun and vice verse.

The best part was the exposure given to me. I had the credentials of an administrator for close to 36000 servers and hence made me more responsible – more... and understand the working of intense production environments.

The management team is very flexible and could handle any issues with ease, be it personal or technical. Of course, there were disturbances with the management but were solved eventually in an unbiased manner.

Compensation was good, could have been better. It was good for a country like India, but not any other!

Overall, it is one company in which I would like to work once again. – less
Was a great place to work for!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
Was a great place to work for. Great working environment! Love it
Societe Generale is a great company. It has been a stellar experience for me.
Receptionist Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 27, 2013
Pros: employee programs and discounts.
Cons: have outsourced quite a few departments including mine.
I've learned and gained a lot of experience over the past 8 years work at Societe Generale.

Management is great so are my co-workers.

I didn't find anything hard but it was challenging at times and I enjoyed it.

Having an excellent staff.
Achieved many career goals
Back Office Securities Operations Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2013
Pros: distance
Cons: food was expensive in that area
One of my usual tasks while there was to wire funds out which included withdrawals and interest payments. Also moved collateral to various custodians

Throughout my years there, I have been trained to handle many different functions

I have made many friends for life while employed there

The hardest part of my job was leaving

We laughed while doing – more... our jobs – less
No advancement opportunities or job security - at least in audit.
Internal Audit Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
Dead-end. No advancement opportunities or job security - at least in audit.
Good to have a opportunity to learn corporate things
Bangalore as Operation Support Executive (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: 1000 rs food coupons
Cons: 1hr break and healthcare
As you know, i am working with French Bank where we have to work on different kind of tools like- Gi2pro, Gosap, Nagios, Jira, dollerU etc. Each and every day we have to work on different tools and as well as monitor the bank servers. while working i learned how to work on these tools and how to communicate with french clients, their requirements and – more... provide them best solution and information regarding their demands and informations and i also learned how to cope up with different situation and how to update my skills while working. My co-workers are good and supportive. It's very hard to work in the rotational shift. Having the too many parties and anual day function. – less
Excellent place to work.
Analyst (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much possibility for advancement
Excellent environment with friendly interaction with peers and co-workers.
Workplace with lot of activities
Marketing Planner (Former Employee), Les Ulis, A8May 23, 2013
I learned more about the banck activity and how does it work. I also managed internships for the marketing team.

I really enjoyed to be independant and the trust of my boss.
Good Personal and Professional Growth
401k /Deferred Compensation) Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2013
Pros: team oriented, and good work environment
SG overall was a good company to work with. Good benefits package but as with all companies the benefits package could be better. People work well together. And good work life balance.
Good Personal and Professional Growth Company to work for.
Good organization to work with.
Senior Process Executive (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 3, 2013
Pros: learning and implementation scope is ample
Cons: shift timing can be an issue in the long run
Most enjoyable part of the job is that you always keep learning new stuff.
Challenging tasks, ever changing roles (in a good way)
Vice President (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good mangagers
Cons: it system limitations
Restructuring, job outsourcing, new projects cause manageable chaos
Sr. Analyst
Sr. Analyst Fixed Income and IR Derivatives (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Excellent working place
Immense learning experience
Fixed income and IRD specific experience
Great experience, poor management
Programmer Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2013
This job was rewarding in that I was able to work closely with the Front Office to solve complex issues and became the go-to person for any development request. However, from a technology perspective, the management was dis-jointed and lost focus on what the core importance of our function was in the organization.
Cool
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Cergy, FranceDecember 4, 2012
I love my co workers.
I learnt a lot about banking.
I know how a big corporation work day to day.
International Investment Banking Firm
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2012
Pros: opportunity to work with people from another country/culture, flexibility with hours as there was no set lunch time and you were able to take breaks when needed
Cons: salaries are not that competitive with other companies in the same industry.
SG overall was a good company. As with all companies it has it benefits and areas that need improvement. With my position I had set hours and was able to work with my manager to make adjustments for my personal life if need be. Please note in this review I can only speak to the manager I had while working there and not all the other ones. I had an exceptional – more... manager and was very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with them. Due to that my experience was a good one. They were always there to walk me through things I may not understand, but also trusted me with my daily tasks that would range from answering calls to doing expense reports to creating and editing presentations. Because I am personable there were very few if any co-workers/peers that I did not get along with. I am not sure there was a real hard part of my job and I enjoyed most of it because of the people I was able to be working along side. – less
A very fast paced environment that that encourages innovation and high productivity
VP, Analyses & Tactical Development (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2012
Great exposure and learning experience
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2012
Exposure to Cash management and Sales. Traveled to Western Europe and North Africa to leverage the international and cultural depth of SocGen to sell Cash clearing and Trade solutions.

1 2 3 4

About Societe Generale

Société Générale wants to be top brass in the French banking industry. The bank (more familiarly known as SocGen) commands a three-pronged – Read more