Societe Generale Employee Reviews

Great office experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
I learned a lot of things I could use in the future, such as knowing how to use Microsoft word and excel, and allocating limits. My coworkers were great, they never gave me a hard time. I always did my work on time and at a fast pace. The hardest part of my internship was dealing with rude customers and that made me learn how to have patience. The most enjoyable part was having an open mind and learning new things each day.
Pros
Free lunches
Bookkeeper
BookKeeper/Storekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manila, ARNovember 27, 2015
Well managed Offshore French Bank branched in Manila. The workers and environment was really pleasing. Working with professional people in the banking industry was exciting to experience.
Pros
well compensated
Easy work ... laid back environment
Tech Lead for FX Front Office ( VP ) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2015
Great place if you want to relax at work. Lots of vacation and not that much work to do. If you can sit through meetings and play the metrics game a bit it can be a very relaxed place to work with few deliverables and an occasional trip to paris.
Pros
lots of vacation, low stress, not much work
Cons
no vertical mobility, lots of internal politics
fx
Foreign Exchange Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paris, NYOctober 20, 2015
work well with others, good customer relations, handles any situation in a timely manner, learned all functions within the department to assist others.
Productive tenure.
V.P., Business Analyst, DMA Trade Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2015
The team I worked on was all about getting things done the right was with out any drama. I felt comfortable speaking my mind even when expressing concerns or disagreement on how to do things. I learned a lot during my time there which was one of my objectives.
Pros
The team I was on was productive and politics free.
Cons
The positives went away as we intergrated into the larger organization.
Global company focused on business models that don't work in all cases
Chicago Office (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Overall, good company with good benefits. Big, global, corporate feeling may be overwhelming at times. Has tons of internal communications that jam up email inboxes. Lots of regulations to keep up with. Nice people to work with if you are an insider.
Pros
good benefits, large bank with opportunities
Cons
changing business model, focused on bottom line, no job guarantee
Do not care about people. Only care about cost cutting.
Senior Desktop Support and Help Desk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2015
Do not care about people. Only care about cost cutting. Outsourcing all IT jobs. Hire only junior level support to help traders.
Competitive enviornment.
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Commercial Bank with emphasis on capital markets products in US. I was able to use a significant level credit authority on a wide variety of transactions.
Pros
Benefits were acceptable.
Cons
Not much chance for advancement.
Great team, who collectively enjoyed working together,and gave 500% daily
Senior Securities lending Associate (Former Employee) –  New York City Park AveJuly 8, 2015
Reviewing the days work for possible exposure to the firm. Creating an excel spreadsheet ,notifing sales and management, to possible loss or penalties. Retransmit recall letters.Making sure we where in complience with short and long buy-in execution notices and reduce P&L. Notifying contra brokers of returned securities in a timely manner, emphasizing if its recalled stock..Management supported our ideas to improve work conditions, reduce risk,and exposure. Executing buy-in orders when contra brokers are exposed for a day.A trader kills a notification buy-in letter and fails to notify all concerned parties.
Pros
We respected and worked as one team one goal
Cons
waiting on contra parties with possible executing prices
Great Benefits .. and diversity company
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
Work life balance isn't too bad for most of the teams. No room for career advancement for non french speakers.The senior management is sharp and well informed but day to day managers are lacking knowledge to lead teams.
Productive and Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2015
My first consulting experience with Societe General. Very happy to work with cooperative finance team. I highly command this company for work. If I get chance I will go again with SG.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
No Cons
An ok place to work
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2015
The work life balance at SG is good but there is no room for career advancement. The senior management is sharp and well informed but day to day managers are lacking knowledge to lead teams.
re
saf (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Equity and Equity Derivatives Trading Support
•       Provide level 1& 2 support on trading floor for trading systems (Equity trading and Index trading)
•       Interact with traders and vendors in resolving technical issues relating to FIX messages in Direct Market Access platform.
•       Research orders in FIX logs and work with traders, clients, execution venues, and middle office collectively
•       Construct SQL queries for trade investigation and for reporting
•       Create UNIX shell scripts and Perl scripts to improve system monitoring and business functionalities.
•       Perform production releases of binary and configuration changes to the trading systems after market close.
•       Manage incidents by setting up conference calls, sending out incident updates and reports, and provide post mortem
•       Gather business requirements for small to mid size development projects for bug fixes and application enhancements
•       Organize meetings with dev team and provide status report to senior managers for major incident outages
•       Monitor trading systems and server side software to ensure a workable intraday system with zero downtime
•       Work with trade systems to customize the trader’s workspace
need a change
Associate, NY REPO DESK, FIXED INCOME (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
dont work here. you need to be french. the culture is not ideal for americans.
A great mix of French and American culture
Associate Director, Procurement - North America (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
It was an eye opening experience working for a French bank and engaging with a French business people. I gained a world view on the banking US.
Pros
champagne toast on bastille day
Cons
rotating senior management
Pleasant atmosphere.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 17, 2014
Nice place to work. With friendly people and knowledgeable management.
Pros
benefits, people.
Nice place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2014
If you are ok with the constant political tussle between the French management in Paris and the one in New York its a very nice place to work.

Lovely work life balance and really talented colleagues
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
political fights between french team and us team.
Proffesional
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 22, 2014
Great place to work. Very supportive group and very demanding
Good place to learn
Intern - Cross Asset Structure Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Personable co-workers.

Open workspace.

Great experience.
Was a great place to work for!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
Was a great place to work for. Great working environment! Love it