Society for Human Resource Management Employee Reviews

Friendly, helpful and productive working environment. People work together to solve issues.
Network & Systems Operation Intern (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 1, 2015
Pros: End up making friends with co-workers in and out of your department, almost never eat alone, if you can't figure something out others are 100% willing to help
Cons: Some days there was too much downtime, other days there was no downtime at all
A typical work day started with socializing with co-workers in the break room. I then checked the ticketing system for any issues that occurred between the time I had left the office the day prior and when I get into work that morning. These tickets most often took less than fifteen minutes so I would check in with my boss or others in the department if they needed assistance with anything. I made it known that if anyone in the department needed help with anything, I would be willing. The most enjoyable part of the job was not only making friends with many I had worked with but also shadowing people from the networking and help-desk sides of the I.T. department. I was able to really get a sense of what each person did on a day to day basis and see what I liked or where I would fit.
Great benefits and Flexible Schedule offered
Marketing Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: yoga, bootcamp, good salary
Cons: too much work, limited resources
Benefits offered:
Great insurance benefits
Vacation & sick leave
Flexible or compressed schedule
Competitive salary
Yoga, bootcamp, ice cream socials, teambuilding, holiday party, other perks.

I've learned a lot about all types of marketing from digital to print to social media in a lot of different areas of the company including seminars, conferences and retention.
Great work life balance but management was unprofessional and chose favorites
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: telecommuting
Cons: favoritism, cliques (church), lack of advancement
I loved most of the people I worked with unfortunately there was too much favoritism and cliques which effected work flow and the job atmosphere in the customer service department. Some of the management was unprofessional (late to meetings, late on finishing projects, often not in the office) and wasn't very willing to listen to suggestions on improving the work flow. Also several management positions were a revolving door which I think is a testament to the management team and the director. The director hired several people from her church who were afraid to speak up about different things in the office even if it was beneficial to the overall company/department in fear of their jobs. Also people didn't see a point to apply for the positions that did come available because they felt although the positions were open that management already had people in their mind who they would hire.
Great Organization
IT Project Manager /Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 10, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
The culture is one of the best around. Great people. Very professional.
n/a
Executive Assistant/Research Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 21, 2014
• Supports the VP of Research, Director of Competencies Director of Survey Programs, Manager Workforce Analytics, Manager Workplace Trends, and Manager Of Competencies.
• Organize travel schedules and book reservations
• Calendar Management
• Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
Greatest place to work
Information Technology Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 23, 2014
This by far was the best place I have ever been employed. They made you feel like family and the atmosphere was energizing and safe. The hardest part of this job was leaving. I enjoyed every bit of my time here and made life long relationships. The best part of the job was knowing who and what you were working for. They made you want to work to support the mission.
Great Place
Accounting Analyst-Disbursements/Payroll (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2012
was a great place to work
learned alot about accounting