Society for Human Resource Management Employee Reviews in United States

very nice
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Universities at Shady GroveJanuary 28, 2016
love it, fun, professional, once in a life time experience. majority of our work is networking and spreading knowledge about Human resources and its benefits.
A very Insightful and Beneficial Organization to Join
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Enroll at Sam Houston State University and I promise you will not regret joining such a prestigous organization including the wonderful Alumni that comes back to speak!
Wonderful Association
Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 1, 2015
The Society for Human Resource Management was voted a great place to work because of its great people, benefit package and longevity of its employees.
Flexible while attending college
Member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2015
I enjoy working and assisting customers. I worked in a friendly environment and everyone is treated with respect. There is always work to do, so stayed busy. Never a bored moment .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short term employment
Friendly, helpful and productive working environment. People work together to solve issues.
Network & Systems Operation Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 1, 2015
A typical work day started with socializing with co-workers in the break room. I then checked the ticketing system for any issues that occurred between the time I had left the office the day prior and when I get into work that morning. These tickets most often took less than fifteen minutes so I would check in with my boss or others in the department if they needed assistance with anything. I made it known that if anyone in the department needed help with anything, I would be willing. The most enjoyable part of the job was not only making friends with many I had worked with but also shadowing people from the networking and help-desk sides of the I.T. department. I was able to really get a sense of what each person did on a day to day basis and see what I liked or where I would fit.
Pros
End up making friends with co-workers in and out of your department, almost never eat alone, if you can't figure something out others are 100% willing to help
Cons
Some days there was too much downtime, other days there was no downtime at all
Great benefits and Flexible Schedule offered
Marketing Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Benefits offered:
Great insurance benefits
Vacation & sick leave
Flexible or compressed schedule
Competitive salary
Yoga, bootcamp, ice cream socials, teambuilding, holiday party, other perks.

I've learned a lot about all types of marketing from digital to print to social media in a lot of different areas of the company including seminars, conferences and retention.
Pros
yoga, bootcamp, good salary
Cons
too much work, limited resources
Great work life balance but management was unprofessional and chose favorites
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 17, 2014
I loved most of the people I worked with unfortunately there was too much favoritism and cliques which effected work flow and the job atmosphere in the customer service department. Some of the management was unprofessional (late to meetings, late on finishing projects, often not in the office) and wasn't very willing to listen to suggestions on improving the work flow. Also several management positions were a revolving door which I think is a testament to the management team and the director. The director hired several people from her church who were afraid to speak up about different things in the office even if it was beneficial to the overall company/department in fear of their jobs. Also people didn't see a point to apply for the positions that did come available because they felt although the positions were open that management already had people in their mind who they would hire.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
favoritism, cliques (church), lack of advancement
Great Organization
IT Project Manager /Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 10, 2014
The culture is one of the best around. Great people. Very professional.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
n/a
Executive Assistant/Research Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 21, 2014
• Supports the VP of Research, Director of Competencies Director of Survey Programs, Manager Workforce Analytics, Manager Workplace Trends, and Manager Of Competencies.
• Organize travel schedules and book reservations
• Calendar Management
• Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
The hub of the Human Resources profession
Manager, Member Engagement (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 7, 2014
Days at SHRM go by quickly - many strategic meetings, connecting with the SHRM members, planning and implementing programs and events.

In my role, I was able to connect with hundreds of HR professionals seeking information about the profession. I communicated through multiple channels, including social media, email, webinar, phone and in person through presentations and events.

The opportunity to work at SHRM was valuable. I learned a lot about how the hub of HR operates and felt that I was able to contribute and positively impact the HR community through my work.
Great Place
Accounting Analyst-Disbursements/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2012
was a great place to work
learned alot about accounting