Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 4,903 reviews matching the search
average
Utility, Rare Air Cafe (Former Employee) –  Gunnison County, COAugust 21, 2017
This job is very different from when I worked there. In 2014 I had a good experience with the management, but the work itself could be boring. There wasn't a lot to do, thanks to a very large number of coworkers. I was a bit young at the time so if I returned now I'd probably like it more. Honestly it wasn't that bad.
Pros
Free lunches!!
Cons
horrible dish room
Management has the "do as I say not as I do" attitude
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  WAAugust 20, 2017
Management doesn't encourage team work, instead discourages each team member to its daily tasks. Stress levels were always high on a daily basis and management was always the main contributor. Which leads to a high employee overturn rate. Sad.
Its an alright company to work.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 20, 2017
Could use more communication with their employees. Some women are nice to work with and some are bullies to work with in the schools. I wished I had a better experience than being bullied from some of my co-workers.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves.
positive work enviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHAugust 20, 2017
Working 10 hour days 4 days a week which is something i enjoy doing. Learning and teaching food preperations and regulations around food preperation. Working with many enjoyable co-workers. Very fast paced and when school is in session. Helpful management and willing to work with new ideas.
Pros
work hours
Cons
short staffed
A Company that values Employees
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 19, 2017
This company has been a good company to work for, overall a good management team. Of course there are some pros and cons. But I would recommend this company to others.
I loved working for sodexo
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed my years at sodexo! I met a lot of people, learned a lot about different food preparation. Everyone worked as a team and we got things done in a timely matter.
Overall pretty balanced work day.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 18, 2017
A typical day of work would have to be coming in at 6 in the morning or maybe earlier and cleaning up after the night before. Then we get the meal trays out to the residents and at fast pace. Dishes are done after the carts of trays come back down. Lunch and then we do it all over again for the residents lunch. management is good and they really know what they're doing. Workplace culture is relaxed and fun.
Pros
Free food
Two days are never alike
Facilities Director (Former Employee) –  Indianola, IAAugust 18, 2017
With the staffing levels Sodexo maintains, be prepared to be busy every day balancing work needs. Most clients bring us in for cost savings so the units are staffed according to our terms rather than what the units need.
I love my job and the students are wonderful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
It was hard getting up @ 4:00 am in the morning but I did it. I love my job and the students are great to work for. I like the fact we can eat for free. I like working with my co-workers when their not lazy hardly seldom. Management needs alot of work meaning they need to treat their employees with respect and not holler at them in front of the students speaking from my perspective 👎
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overworked no appreciation Management is not good
Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Worst job i ever had. Sodexo at the airport lack professionalism.The HR team does not know how to respond to anything you have concerns about. The only time they truly contact you when you talk about quitting

Want to know more about Sodexo?

Ask a question
Excellent communication from the top to bottom
Unit Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2017
The support I provided to the hospital to the support Sodexo management was well communicated. Everything was clear as to what was needed and wanted without issue.
Pros
Co-workers, training, education
Cons
locations
Extremely stressfull
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2017
My personal opinion, working at the department has been very stressful and overwhelming by the conduct from management.
Each day started as normal until, few hours go by to much drama, screaming, tantrums were through out the work hours.
Best part was seeing my customers on daily basis.. and given them my best service with a smile
Pros
Cons
overworked and underpaid, and unpreciated
Great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 18, 2017
It was great working here, just wanted career advancement. I enjoyed every minute at work, and would recommend someone else to work there if they need a job. I worked here as a student worker.
Pros
free lunch
Amazing co workers and learn to work around lots of clients
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSAugust 17, 2017
Having to learn to interact with hospital patients and work around staff and in a fast pace area. Learn to keep certain areas extremely clean and sanitary.
producitve place to work
ACA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
very relaxed and friendly people. not hectic at all. the trash is somewhat heavy. strict enforcing of rules and regulations. management somewhat communicates well with it's employees. and treat them fairly. the hardest part of the job the trash dumping and it can be heavy. the most enjoyable of the job is that I do say they do feed you. but the downside they separate the cleaners from the servers and they pay difference is lower than the servers, but the cleaners do the most work out of everyone and they do not offer over time.
Pros
free lunch and fair treatment discounts
Cons
pay rate
The people is fun to work with
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Upper DeerfieldAugust 17, 2017
I really like working with the people they fun they kind lovable person to work with all I can say about the Job they get the work done I don't have to worried about it
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks
Not a good idea job to grow from
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 17, 2017
Been working for Sodexo for 3 months and it's the worst job I've ever had in my life, ppl are lazy . workers don't get along well, No breaks for 8 hours of work
Pros
Going home after leaving
Cons
No break, can't eat period, have to pay for meals
Not a great place to work at
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2017
Typical day is stressful, overworked and underpaid, management was very poor there was no room for advancement or promotion. Not an enjoyable job. Workplace culture was not good, no time to spend with family. What I learned is that its best to find a company that will take care of their employees and their well-being. The hardest part of the job was dealing with gossip of everybody always talking about somebody, and being in everybody business. Very stressful atmosphere. Everybody is for themselves, they did not believe in helping anyone out to move forward in their career. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking a break and going home to rest and relax. Work schedule was not very productive and they did not want you to make overtime, but always wanted you to stay and work late. Management only catered to those that liked and were buddy buddy with. Management had a lot of favoritism there was really no equal opportunity in the ranks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, and they do not cater toward military veterans
fun place to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Place, WAAugust 16, 2017
My last manager was good. Before I start work with her, I requested that if she can teach me more than more job lists. Because of her training and trust I had good back ground to look for new job that can help me keep learning new things at daily work.
Management plays too much favoritism
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAAugust 16, 2017
I loved the hospital I worked at and the nurses were awesome and certain co workers were awesome but the managers play too much favoritism and work you too hard, and expect too much from the employees, and the point system stinks they treat the hard workers horribly and the lazy workers like they're royalty I worked there for over a year I worked my butt off but when I switched schedules to help them out it was horrible from then on I wouldn't recommend my friends or family to work for the company I worked at no one deserves to be treated the way they treated me they had me dusting for every shift and I know I had more to offer then jst dusting. Good luck to anyone and everyone working for this company.Health Care is too expensive, was only get $100 checks after all the deductions and then you still had a $35 copay
Pros
Awesome nurses, some awesome co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval