Sodexo
2,385 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

Imbalance between job and life
Cashier (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bizarre rules
I am a part-time worker at Sodexo. The salary is very low and the work load is extremely high.The only enjoyable part of the job is getting free lunches.
I did not enjoy working for Sodexo
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: no pros
A typical day at work was stressful. I learned that certain leadership roles were not earned by some who had them. The management was sometimes forgetful of days requested off, has shown unfair favor to other employees, and was inconsiderate to the needs of employees. Some co-workers were less than satisfactory to work with due to negative attitudes, arrogance, and unwillingness to consider the concerns and opinions about job tasks, methods, and sanitary issues. The hardest part of the job was finding ways to be engaging with customers and being creative on the job without some sort of reprimand. Unfortunately, the only enjoyable parts of the job were the lunch breaks.
its an OK place
Cook 1/Grill Cook (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 29, 2015
good place to work. Poor pay and management. This means the management lacks the overall skills it takes to run that kitchen. It would be a great place if there were better managers.
Human Resources Manager II
Human Resources Manager II (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Great Employer. International Organization. Employee Centric.
Advancement
Chief Cook (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: vacation time
Cons: increase in pay
After working with this company for a few years I've learned that advancement does not happen with job experience, but seniority. Basically if a job was offered within the company someone who has worked longer than I have would have a better chance in advancement; knowing I provide better working skills.
Terrible
Waiter (Current Employee), JFKJanuary 28, 2015
working there stinks. the managers steal products and take them home. i hate it here
Large company with strong commitment to work-life balance
Senior Manager Prgm Activation, Retail & Marketing (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 28, 2015
A very large company with all of the advantages and disadvantages of that dynamic. They offer good benefits and time off with a strong commitment to work-life balance.

Challenging work environments with ample opportunity to learn and grow your skills set.
Good benefits
Enviromental Services Mananger 2 (Current Employee), MNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: training, and continuing education
Cons: no job security
Sodexo is a great company to work for; Great training programs and continuing education. I have had the opportunity to work with this company for just under a year
Great company that leads the way in their field with excellent training and advancement oppertunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Sodexo provided great oppertunities to move forward in your career. They provided great training and programs.
enjoying the job
Baker/Cook (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJanuary 27, 2015
knowing that I could decoate things like ckes cupcakesm etc the way I wanted to do,
Nice place to work an advnace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: who you know matters to get ahead in the company
Good choice especially if you want a career in Engineering.
normal work environment
food service worker (Current Employee), newburgh, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch, easy to get friends, and easy to fit in to your job
Cons: slackers, not much flex room to change shifts
everyone has their job some people dont do their jobs and slack, but then there are hard workers that pick up the slack but that goes for any job. i learned multiple jobs where i work so i can fill in when needed in case someone calls out or just need help or a break there is good management they are easy to get alone with but they keep you in check they make sure everything is clean and presentable. overall a good place to work and get experience in multiple fields.
Not great
Front-line Supervisor (Former Employee), College Place, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free food on lunch breaks
Cons: non-livable wages, poor communication, no appreciation from management.
Wages are terrible and management doesn't appreciate their employees or empower them to make decisions on their own. They offer benefits to full time employees but they aren't that good and are somewhat costly. Most of my co-workers were either students just working for the money and didn't take the job seriously, or older folks who constantly complained and had a poor attitude. The hardest part of the job was making sure that people were properly communicating so that operations could happen properly. If I didn't make the effort to talk to everyone, management would lose communication with the regular employees.
Great work enviroment with great co workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 26, 2015
working at a baseball field was one of the best job I had. great company to work for. everyday was something different from the day before. Management was very helpful and understanding.
It feels like you dont go anywhere fast
Dish washer/Food prep (Former Employee), Orange ParkJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: pay and pay raises
a typical work day is 6-3p.m.

learned how to wash dishes on an industrial level

one manager was pretty bad, but night shift managers were good

coworkers were good to work with

dealing with a manager that is ignorant

Leaving
Questionable with Ethics
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: unprofessional management.
Unprofessional management. Breaches in confidentiality by management. When the issue was took to higher management, it was cast aside. However, the overall company has a great mission statement. Unfortunately, in Lenoir NC, the management does not feel that they need to abide by the set company rules. It gives the company a bad look entirely.
Fun environment, co-workers felt like family
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, downtime between events, staff
I learned so much from a business aspect and creatively from my Catering Director because she always gave me insight into how she went about producing elaborate events. I enjoy working with people and having a change of scenary often so it never was a dull moment. My co-workers were so fun to work with, often times it felt like I wasn't actually working. I loved being able to show my creative side during set-up for events. I really liked the majority of the staff I worked with and my manager and I got along so well it made my day a lot more enjoyable.
A contract food service that provides services in hospitals, colleges, schools, long-term care, and business
Food Manager (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 25, 2015
I was only at Sodexo one month. I was honored to have been given the opportunity to learn through Sodexo University and on job training as I transitioned from a facility where I worked that changed to contract company for self-op to another self-op facility.
Hard Dedicated Worker, I worked the evening shift which required a lot details.
HouseKeeper (Former Employee), May Wood,IlJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great job
Hard Worker who come to work everyday on time. Very detailed Job in the housekeeping department. I worked along most of the time and
did my job very well.
Good college job
Finance- Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Good work experience for college. I was able to get cashier and managerial experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more