Sodexo
2,548 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

An excellent company to work for they provide all the tools necessary to succeed.
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities, excellent learning platforms, supportive managers, family atmosphere
Cons: Pay rate for front line employees needs to be more competitive to attract better talent.
Sodexo is one of the better contracted food service companies that I have worked for. I have been in food service for over twenty years and Sodexo is the only company that I have seen that really invests in its employees.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at work was making drinks for customers and restocking materials and shelves. I learned better time management tactics and how to better multitask. I got along alright with my co-workers when they did what we needed done. The hardest part of the job was getting things done when they needed to be done as soon as possible but the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, and communicating with them.
Good job and I knew what work to do.
Soil Sort Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: There was structure and we knew what to do.
Cons: The breaks were to short to get from work area to the break room.
Typical day was fast paced. The environment was good. Management was fair. I worked well with the other co-workers and it had structure so everyone knew what their duties were.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 27, 2015
Good place to work.
Good benefits.
good people.
Lots of paper work.
Good co workers that know what theyre doing.
Some upper management does not always help you when you need it.
Good position for the time there
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2015
Sodexo was a good place to work for the time I was there, which was just over 6 years. I learned a lot and was promoted as well. However, I was offered a better opportunity so I wanted to take it.
A fun place to learn new materials and grow as a individual
Cashier (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 26, 2015
I am currently working for Sodexo at a Children's hospital. Since I have been there I have learned so much and have grown as an individual. I love my coworkers and my management team. The company does and excellent job at team work making sure the employees of the hospitals and patients and their families are satisfied to the fullest. I am currently a cashier at my current job now. I work personally with the patients and the families. I always make sure that I do whatever it is to keep the patients happy and satisfied. They are already going threw a tough time in their lives, and sometimes the simplest things such as a Hi. How are you can change their whole day. I am always willing to take on a challenge and try new things.
Good Job
Equipment distribution tech (Current Employee), Galveston, TXMarch 26, 2015
This job is a great job for someone who likes to walk. I learned to work with different people through out the day on different floors of the hospital.
Sodexo - Great Company
Controller (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZMarch 24, 2015
Sodexo is a great company to get into. It has a wide range of industries and looks to build on each individual. Great corporation to get started with or long term.
Steady Job for Retired and Students
Server (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Steady work hours, fair compensation
Cons: Non-existant Senior Management, On-Calls have no work/life balance, Absolutely NO room for growth/Advancement
A typical day consists of a basic routine: Set the tables, serve residents beverages as they are seated, relay meal tickets and food between kitchen and dining room, serve dessert, bus tables, was dishes, and restock supply carts. This is done twice for morning crew serving breakfast and dinner services, and once for night crew serving dinner service.

After a typical day, I learn a variety of transferable skills including: effective communication both written and verbal, understanding medical terminology, working effectively as a team, and using an eye for detail to decipher a Nurse Aide's otherwise atrocious handwriting.

Co-Workers are either on side of the generation gap or another. Namely, high-school students and college undergraduates or seasoned adults working into retirement. Very few co-workers fall in the middle of the age gap.

The hardest part of the job is by far managing stress and keeping your job bottled up inside due to HIPAA. If having a dining room full of residents screaming for their food isn't stressful enough imagine not being able to vent to your colleagues about it without breaching confidentiality and because your managers won't listen to/help with your troubles. Having experienced this for a week is enough to send a handful of new recruits running for the door throwing their work uniforms into the trash in effigy.

Other than the more than generous pay, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know a bit more about the people in your community. It's quite frequent for individuals to bump into friends, different families, relatives, and even professional acquaintances. Just remember to keep personal health information a secret even when chatting while on the clock.
A diferent type of workplace
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good team of people
Cons: never knowing here you stand
Working for Sodexo was fine but we where sold to Goodwill as Sodexo dropped the account. lots of politics made it hard to get things done
Productive place to work,friendly, outgoing.
Cashier (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: i had one free meal for the day.
Cons: late breaks or sometimes too early.
Working at a deli. for students of UGW. was amazing got to expierience what is like to go to a University, but from another point of view. all the students very friendly as well as cow-workers. also students are patient when coming to a bussy time, like a rush.
Managing the place was not hard. Its a very unique and small place. The hardest part were getting students what they wanted so they can either go to class or get back in class. The vey enjoying momments were, when they interacted with me.
Great Experience
Lead Student Manger (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMarch 20, 2015
A great place to learn and grow during college especially if studying any business degree. Each account is unique with different management and policies.
good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free meals, decent hours
Cons: coworkers call off too much
management and coworkers were easy to get along with. free meals and drinks everyday. easy work. basically you run a register and just restock stuff.
great job to balance with school
Driver (Former Employee), Vail, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: fun job with great people
Cons: far commute, low pay
I was in charge of recieving large comodities of dry and frozen food and dispersing it to the 12 schools in the district. Each one of them would submit a daily order sheet and everyday my lead and myself would go to the warehouse and load the trucks up and make the deliveries to the schools.
During my time with this company I learned organization skills, safe driving practices, and how to juggle multiple tasks at the same time.
The managment team was in charge of ordering for the schools and meeting with the kitchen managers on a weekly basis on menu changes and staffing needs.
My co-workers were all very kind and would help you with anything. They helped one another out and where happy to do so.
The hardest part of the job was commuting to and from on a tight budget.
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling over the city and being outside to make the deliveries on a time strict manor.
Its a great job with great people. Management could have a lot better that way the turn over rate wouldn't have been so high.
Inventory coordinator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunchs once a year.
Cons: demanded overtime, put to much responsibility on one person by himself, and every department had just one person trying to run it.
The job was great and the people made the company. Management could have been a lot better. Turnover rate was so high due to the management and the treating of employees. My overall three years I was there were great.
Very Personable,Professional and Mellow Atmosphere
Call Center Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: learning experience and friends
Cons: better team work balance management
answering phones,addressing the needs of patients,being attentive and assertive in acknowledging patients diets request, needs and wants
Fun
Nutrition assistant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: people are great
Cons: sometimes short staffed
Start at 7:30 depending on the day or at 11:30 some times i deliver trays or cook, or will be in the office overall not a bad place to work
Workplace with room for growth!
Linen Supervisor (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be coming in and getting my job done to the best of my ability. I'm always open to learn new things and I'm a pleasure to work with. I'm always looking for challenges and I make my self available to help others. I would say the hardest part of a job would be not being able to be in more then one place at a time. Any job I apply for I am determined to be the best I can be!
Exciting fast paced environment
Supervisor/ Catering Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2015
If you are a person who enjoys working in an ever changing fast paced food service environment, this is the place for you.
Large company with good benefits
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good work envirnment.
Cons: no job security.
While the work environment was enjoyable, job security with this company is little to none. If the account you are working for with this company is eliminated, it is likely that you will be laid off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more

Sodexo Salaries