Sodexo
2,214 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

It was an all right work environment. they had a weight room i would go to when i would finish my shift.
Galley Hand (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
My days at work were good. I learned discipline by working offshore. The management on my crew was excellent. The co workers worked well too. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for so many hours.The best part of the job was getting to eat pretty much what i wanted.
Fun
Prep Cook/Catering (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Prepped food
set up catering events
excellent management
most enjoyed meeting and serving new people
Long tenure
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Wilton, CTNovember 24, 2014
Over 12 years at same location. built up business contracts with relationships with client and tenants
great job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free food and fun interaction with students.
Cons: when another worker doesn't show and i work a double
Demanding but educational. Love the diversity. A great place to work and learn.
An awesome company to work for, with room for advancment.
Nutritional Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 23, 2014
An overall great place to work. No complaints just a need for a change based on personal situations. My work day is very hectic. I
am responsible for over 30 employees on a daily basis. My co- workers are very easy to get along with and very understanding. The hardest part of my job is to see or hear that one of the individuals that I have helped care – more... for has passed away. And the most enjoyable part is the opposite to see one the individuals go home feeling better. – less
Productive workplace
Foodservice worker/Cashier (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: yearly breaks
Working for this company is very good because I get to interact and meet new people daily. The best part I enjoy about my job is me delivering great customer service.
A challenging work enviorment that changed on a daily basis
Catering Manager (Former Employee), DeLand, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: fasted paced fine dining, smooth silent service
Cons: no set seating times.large groups sat all at once.
Multiple catered events takings place at different areas on campus.Time management helped greatly. Carrying the heavy equipment back and forth was a challenge. Employees followed directions well.The most pleasure came when the event came all together and the clientele was happy.
Long Hours, Worl/Life Unbalanced, Lacking Quality Leadership at the Regional Level.
Ops Manager, GM, Healthcare (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay AreaNovember 22, 2014
Pros: ability to learn and develop.
Cons: as a contractor you are only as good as your last performance and at the mercy of the client.
Very challenging environment and depending on which account you are located you may be surrounded by some seasoned leaders and have the opportunity to learn quite a bit.

It is a people person business so (EI) Emotional Intelligence is a MUST in order to succeed. People with dual masters but ZERO EI will not survive and, or lower the morale of those – more... around them.

The environment is a "cut throat" and "Dog-Eat-Dog" world, so be prepared to deal with not only with the crazy clients, but also battle it out with your own team.

Its a great place to learn and develop into an outstanding leader (hopefully) if you can survive, and take what you learn and go elsewhere and hope that you end up in more of a "normal" work environment.

Recent changes at the local regional leadership levels has severely demised the organization's strategic objectives. This has also clouded the sound judgement of hiring decisions and unfortunately reflects in the caliber of senior managers that have been placed in high-level, Blue Chip accounts.

It is sad to see how quickly the organization is going downhill. – less
GREAT COWOKERS, GREAT GUESTS, BUSYAND FRIENDLY INV.
A.M. Cashier, customer service (Former Employee), TRANSAMERICA, ST.PETERSBURG, fLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: fine salary, great hours, free lunches, great company to work for
Cons: nothing
I was the opening a.m. cashier. I made coffee, set up breakfast bar,setting up muffins , fruit bar, bagels.etc. made sure all beveragecollers were stocked. I had a great manager,and coworkers who all worked well together. I did not find the job anything but pleasureable, workers all worked together. enjoyed working with the customers and interacting – more... with them . I really loved my work. I worked 16 Years with this company. Would love to go back – less
Social and stimulating environment
Marketing/PR intern (Current Employee), New Paltz, NYNovember 18, 2014
I enjoy collaborating with like-minded people and working together to create things and reach our end goals
Enjoy working with public
Manager (Former Employee), mayslanding njNovember 18, 2014
Opened up for the day unlocking . Ran all company duties on a smooth good daily basic. Supervised the sfaff thought out the day for a good productive day. Cooked, did production records,orders,managed all staff duties.end of day locked up.
Fun atmostphere and good client interaction
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Palos Hills, ILNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, free lunch/food, campus environment
Cons: commute was long, pay, varying schedule
I started as a supervisor for the cafeteria and grew into the Catering Manager position, but my job classification was only changed to coordinator. I also did all the marketing material for the cafeteria like signs and advertisements, and a Facebook page. So I did the work of a Catering Manager but was not compensated at the rate that most are paid. – more... Even though I was hourly, I had to adjust my schedule to the needs of catering on the campus, some days were a normal 8 hours, others up to 12 hours depending on the event. I commuted about 30-45 minutes to get to work so that was another negative after working a long day, I'd get home with little time to do things for dinner or around the house.
The clients were easy to work with, but had high demands as a lot of the catering was outside business brought to the campus. I was close with quite a few of them, so leaving them was difficult.
Overall it's a good company for hourly employees, but I think staff is underpaid for all the hard work they do.
I felt left behind as an "potential manager of my own account" and soon decided it was time to move on after a crazy year of management change and working without a chef for a few months. – less
Strong company to work for, great Management team
Manager, Environmental & Linen Services (Current Employee), Coatesville, PANovember 18, 2014
Pros: advancement, great management
Cons: high turn over rate
Responsible for departmental leadership of EVS team at a full service 105 bed Community Hospital with an additional 64 bed Behavioral Health Facility. Provides management oversight for forty frontline employees with over 300,000 square cleanable feet. Successfully raised HCAHPS, Client Satisfaction scores along with Employee satisfaction scores in unit. – more... Client has also asked us to take on additional responsibilities due to our consistency in management. – less
a job at a college setting
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2014
management does not care about their staff
coworkers were nice but noone really cared about them
hardest part of the job was you were left alone during a shift to do thousands of dishes and other tasks by yourself.
Great place to work; flexibility is valued; my opinion matters and my contributions are recognized.
Sr. Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee), Indian Trail, NCNovember 16, 2014
Pros: worklife balance
A typical day at work can be up to 12 hours depending on whether I have to travel or not. I have a collaborative team behind me, a great boss and supportive overall leadership.

Most enjoyable part of my job is when I get a genuine thank you from the team I support; they have a lot on their plate and when they find time to share it makes it all worthwhile.
Great place to work at to meet great people.
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2014
I've never worked in the food service before, but it was a great experience. I learned how to maintain a cafe on my own, make Starbucks Coffee, and operate a cash register. The management at Sodexo was great. Getting to work with many diverse employees was really fascinating. I had the opportunity to learn about their background as well as work with – more... them. As far as the hardest part of the job, I would say I didn't really have a hard time with anything. I am a faster learner and pick up on everything quickly with no trouble. The best part of working there was associating myself with co-workers, employees that work at Mayo Clinic, the visitors, and the patients. – less
Helpful and learning company
Dinning position (Current Employee), Mankato, MNNovember 16, 2014
This company was helpful for me because of all the opportunities finding. I remember that in the first place I was able to wok just in one position but now I am able to work in almost five positions.
Great company to work for
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RINovember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches and summers off
Cons: sometimes to busy for a break
Great company to work for.A lot of opportunities for advancement.
Gathering information for the days task,ordering supplies and managing lunch room employees.Over seeing lunch prep for students.
Management was helpful and fair.Co-workers were a pleasure to work with.Hardest part of the job was children coming in the line with no money to eat that day.The – more... most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the people and being with the children. – less
very strict, assignment must be completed
Food Server (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJNovember 13, 2014
Pros: they appreciated my work and told me so
Cons: breaks
8 hour standing no talking no horsing playing no talking to your co workers unless you are on break.
straight to work, and safety was number one. we had many meetings. Occasionally I was in charged of training. Management trusted me to teach others what I've learned. I was quick efficient and safe.not being able to talk was tough. I enjoyed talking – more... with the residents. Most of them did'nt have visitors – less
Fun place to work
Lead Supervisor for consetion stands (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch great people to work for
Cons: no cons
working for this company i learned a lot of things and i was able to teach what i had learned and got to meet a lot of good people. if i had the chnace to go back to this place i would. the hard part was leaving this job to move to a diffrent state

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more