Sodexo
2,880 reviews

Sodexo Employee Reviews

I enjoy this job
Manager/Food Service (Current Employee), OregonJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Working with and around children
Cons: Benefits were taken away.
I love working with and around children of any age. Management has to been good and understanding at all times. I just need a job eith more hours and benefits.
Awesome Job
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2015
Working with the kids was a pleasure. They kept a smile on their face. They love the food. My other Co-Workers were very nice and friendly.
Great company to work for with outstanding training and growth opportunities.
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 29, 2015
A great company to work for that truly takes care of their employees. The opportunities for growth and advancement within Sodexo is endless.
Big turn over company or organize.
lead housekeeping (Former Employee), wichita ksJuly 29, 2015
Be good day once u get in there not enough workers and management not doing their job as a manager this company took over 2 years from Aramark love at Wesley hospital been there 7 years my co-workers always had good words to say about my work the hardest about my job not enough workers enjoyable part going in working with workers teamwork.
wonderful company to work for
Cook (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 28, 2015
this sodexo location closed so i wasnt able to stay with the company as i did not want to drive to the new location. i would have stayed otherwise. friendly staff and great enviroment
Enjoyable place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2015
Working for Sodexho in a college cafeteria was very enjoyable work. The managers were well trained and showed lots of professionalism. I enjoyed the atmosphere and i learned how to operate a full service dining area.
working with computers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rio Grande OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: making new friends
Cons: listing to the drama stories
I like with with computer and doing data entry
I have learned the financial l part of the job and how to work with or corporate office
exhausting but exciting
Production Worker (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: not enough pay
The food is time conceptive, you have some many hours to get up two soups, entrée, and starch with two vegetables and due the same for allergy station, plus two crisp factors and two accommodate the soup and set up the equipment and then get prep for next day
steady pace but consistant work
Cashier (Current Employee), Adrian, MIJuly 27, 2015
great work place with supportive co- workers and managers not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
fun work place
cook (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, IAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough employees
this company taught me how to cook in bulk and prepare large quantities of various foods. as well as catering and food laws and policies
okay
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 24, 2015
Sodexo is OK place to work. the benefits is great ,we off Saturday-Sunday always busy clean place nice customers and friendly
Great Experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Duarte, CaJuly 24, 2015
Pros: helpful managers, experience
Cons: pay, hours
I've worked here for a short period of time, but the experience was one of a kind. I've worked in a hospital called City of Hope and what I learned was basically cleanliness, and sterilization. I've learned to strip and wax floors, to polish floors. I've also learned how to decontaminate rooms from patients who were infectious. The knowledge I've obtained from this company has helped me in the last jobs I've held.
Fun place to work at.
Grill Chef (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great co-workers, great environment
Cons: small account
My day consisted of preparing breakfast in the morning for the people of American Family Insurance. I would also prepare lunch. There were only two other employees i worked with. It was a small account, but we stayed pretty busy. The hardest part of the job was switching over from breakfast to lunch. I enjoyed serving the people of American Family Insurance. They were extremely nice and great to get along with.
Great company to work for
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Port Charlotte / Jacksonville, FloridaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: training and corporate structure
Cons: contract retaintion
I would credit my professional growth to the mentorship, company, training structure of the company and the great people I have had the opportunity to work for and with.
Positive workplace
Sr.Recruiter (Current Employee), Gaithersberg, MDJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Virtual office
Cons: High volume positions
Positive work environment
Very advanced in HR systems and processes
Supportive environment for internal mobility
Long tenure with coworkers
Flat organization.
Fun and great place to work.
Kitchen Prep (Current Employee), Colchester, VT 05446July 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: Short breaks.
I really enjoy working at Sodexo. I am thinking that they will hire me. There is a lot of friendly people and great people to work with.
It was an interesting experience.
Retail Manager II (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no parking
Best part was working with different students and watching them evolve. The worst part was the pressure to renew contracts which made some of the expectations unrealistic.
Fun work environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: constantly under new management
Learned how to stay productive. Got along well with co-workers and supervisors. They really cared about their employees. Favorite part of the job was interacting with customers.
Don't Care for their employees
Manager (Current Employee), MassachusettsJuly 20, 2015
This company was good until I switched into a different division. Then it went all down hill. The division I worked in, does not care about the employees and showed favoritism.
Great employees, BAD management
Food Service Worker and Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free cafeteria lunch
Cons: Breaks were not scheduled, and sometimes you would be forgotten about if you were in need of a management-covered break.
It was fun working at Sodexo, but with the issue of a crippled management system, many of the burdens were placed on the floor employees (union, non-union, and students alike). Although it was a fun place, it could be challenging at times. The biggest issue I would notice is that they would throw many inexperienced or new employees on the same shift with maybe one or two seasoned employees. This would cause mayhem especially within the food concepts. This would become very challenging, very quickly.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more

Sodexo Salaries