Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 2,016 reviews matching the search
Confusing
Cook (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Too many different opinions regarding the same job subject matter, a serious lack of supervision and full instructions, food can be good or sub standard at times, inconsistent. It's not difficult to understand why corporate food service is such an undesirable career path when it has the potential of being a great path, yet falls short due to discontented staff, lower wages, high expectations and on edge leadership.
Pros
Allowed to work unsupervised, meals, co-workers
Cons
High expectations, lack of full instructions, confusion
Easy work place.
Housekeeper / Laundry (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2016
The company provides good equipment and supplies, which makes it easier to provide service and complete my job. Management haves enough trust in me that they use me to train new hires. I'm a hard and dedicated worker
Nice environment and nice people to work with
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Sodexo is a nice company to work with. Nice people around, great management. Always encourage to growth and learn. Good life and work balance.
great co. great people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 2, 2016
great atmosphere and training.
found the management teams very helpful.
plenty of room for advancement.
coworkers were best part of the job.
very clean facility.
very high standards
Pros
training
Sodexo
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Sodexo is a good company to work for. Advancement depends on how much you put into your career with Sodexo. I learned a lot from some of my managers.
great change from the restaurant life style
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 1, 2016
after working in restaurants for more the majority of my adult life it was a nice change and challenge. Advancing was easy if yhou have inner drive to do so
Pros
short work weeks in summer
Cons
never see any feed back on improvements, but they ask for feedback every week in surveys
Multiple applications, one interview
accountant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Have applied for 12 accounting positions without success. Have a CPA with 20 years of diversified experience with no results. I feel that the company may be guilty of age discrimination as all of the position requirements were met or exceeded.
Pros
stable business
Cons
unsure if following age discrimination laws
Challenging and productive work enviroment
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Bryn Athyn, PAJanuary 31, 2016
The sous chef position at Sodexo has provided me a challenging and creative work experience . My typical day begins at 6:30 am , and ends around 4:oopm . My co-workers are mostly career Sodexo employees I've known for 20 years or more from other Sodexo accounts . The hardest part of the job is keeping the college students ( who are basically a captive audience ) happy with the food we offer them .
Pros
The Sodexo account is close to where I am living, wich gives me a short comute to and from work .
Cons
The major draw back to this position is that it is a 10 month " education " account .
Beautiful campus, fun enviroment,not restricted to one place all day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, VAJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for Sodexo at the school campus. We had a great crew and our manager was a good person. He worked with us on any complaints or issues that came up. I would say the hardest part of my job was making sure I had things done in the couple of hours we had for certain parts of campus to be ready, it was a push especially if there was an issue with the golf carts we used to get around campus. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the wonderful people you got to interact with each day, and knowing at the end of your shift you had made things a little bit nicer for the staff and students who were there for long periods of time. I made some good friends with my co workers.
Pros
Free meals, the hours were great as well as being Monday thru Friday
Never bored
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  ILJanuary 29, 2016
Great company if you want to transfer but upper management and supervisors seem out of touch. I still enjoyed my work.
Co workers were great and i always had something to do.
Pros
Free food and overtime available.
Cons
Management disorganized
fast paced time sensitive work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2016
A fast paced cooking environment where following recipes correctly is crucial. Expectaion to pick up things quickly is a must. Breaks are constantly being interrupted. High turnover rate
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working on your breaks
Sodexo does not own the facilities they work in.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 29, 2016
This is a problem because sodexo cannot directly address concerns made by the customers. It seems as though the management doesn't know the pecking order either.
Pros
A paycheck every other week
Cons
?
Great benefits. Bad work/life balance.
Environmental Services Manager II (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 26, 2016
As a manager for Environmental Services on 2nd shift, I only saw my family (awake) on the weekends. When hired I was told I would only have to work 8 hours a day with the occasional 10 hour day, but that some days we would be able to leave early, which would make up for it. This was far from the truth. 10+ hours a day 5 days a week. Benefits were outstanding. Sodexo being a socialist French company, they do go above and beyond to take care of their employees in a completely non-profitable way. Lots of training...lots of paperwork....all of which interfere with your ability to effectively manage your account.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Nice atmosphere and very pleasant people.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Mostly easy work with very friendly superiors and other staff members the reason why I left was because they didn't offer the chance for advancement.
Overall Experience
Facilites (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Sodexo is a good company to work for. A typical workday consist of replacing soiled linen with clean ones. I have learned to multi task and move at a fast pace. Management varies depending on the department you work in. The hardest part of the job would be the urge to help everyone but unfortunately I am not able to. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what I did made a difference in someone life.
Diversified company
Regional HR Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Sodexo is a worldwide company, with every location and contract unique. I would not expect all locations to be similar or warrant a similar rating.
Pros
Global company, with diversified opportunities.
I enjoyed my time working at Sodexo with my former Co-workers.
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MAJanuary 26, 2016
In the winter of 2013, due to a snow storm, I had to stay to help out all day and night. It was a great experience working such a long shift. Even though I was exhausted, I felt so satisfied for staying because my supervisor was so appreciated. He cooked Haitian food for everyone and we had dinner together just like a family. It was a moment that I will never forget.
Pros
Staffs are very respectful
Cons
The pay there was very low
Good for entry level work
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2016
my day starts earlier than i clock in i'm not afforded the opportunity to focus on my job sometime because looking good for the corporate office is more important. I have learned not to trust my co-workers. I like pay day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of professionalism
Enjoyable work but management issues
Chef/Pastry Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoyed the work as pastry cook; management unprofessional and inconsistent. Some supervisors not qualified and showed favoritism with co-workers. Best part of job was showing my creative talents with pastries
Pros
doing what I love to do
Cons
Management was inconsistent with rules
Crying laughing outside and indoors with children
NCD Food Service Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJanuary 25, 2016
Getting the babies fed,I leaned that evweryday is different,management was over me to make sure I did the job proprerly, the hardest part was when the kids would ahve a conflict and making sure its solved and going out your way to show them you care