Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 3,676 reviews matching the search
Great
Chief Cook (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Great work experience, great workers, and great management, benefits are good. Make the best of the experience and you will enjoy it. Have fun and make best of it.
Busy, multi-task but highly enjoyable work environment.
Chef / Manager (Former Employee) –  Esso Oil Platforms in Bass Strait AustraliaSeptember 27, 2016
My Offshore work was 12hr days, 2 weeks on/2 weeks off.
I would cook lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon teas, make bread, cakes, biscuits, hot and cold desserts, cleaning and camp duties as required. I was responsible for managing the catering and cleaning on site including all paperwork, stocktake, storerooms and stock rotation, food safety, supervising and mentoring staff. I worked closely with the Platform Supervisor to make sure our services ran smoothly and any special needs were catered for.
I improved my time management skills and working on oil & gas platforms also improved my safety awareness and commitment. Fortunately I had supportive management onshore and very good co-workers who helped keep our operation running smoothly to a high level. I work to high standards so the hardest part of the job was actually turning off and to stop doing more. The most enjoyable job aspect was exceeding clients' expectations whilst staying within budget to keep my company happy.
Pros
2 weeks off (after 2 weeks at work)
Cons
12 hour work days, being away from home/family for 2 weeks at a time
barista
barista/cashier. (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 26, 2016
not bad company. didn't enjoy 9 to 5 though. I learned many things. I liked working with coffee however. but now food service isn't for me. the management was fine, co workers were supportive.
Great Atmosphere, Bad management
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MISeptember 26, 2016
Go to work in assigned area, perform job tasks proficiently without any instruction. Always performed tasks before staff noticed it needed to be done. Worked together as a team to sanitize rooms for easy patient admissions and discharge. Patients always thankful for the kind demeanor of myself and the crew I worked with. Best part of job was helping those who came in feel comfortable and made sure it stayed that way regardless of what they needed. The hardest part was keeping up with the demand of many place I had to be all at one time.
Pros
The friendly staff at the hospital and my co-workers
Cons
Not getting breaks like we should
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYSeptember 26, 2016
Enjoyed being around the hospital staff and patients. Never a dull day working for the company. Learned a lot about people and how to treat them. I always had a smille from the time i got to work til the time i left. Great learning experiment.
hard work but loved my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSSeptember 26, 2016
need more workers at this location . enjoyed the people we provide service too and they loved me. ..I'm very good at customer service.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks except lunch
This job is a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I love working at this job i just do not like the pay but other than that I overall love my job. Th manger is nice my coworkers are awesome, I love working here and helping the patients I'm just not satified with the pay.
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay
ok
Area General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 26, 2016
Not a good company to work for back then. Did not care about its employees and only cared about bottom line. Company may have changed by now but not sure.
Productive work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 25, 2016
Its like a second home. The co workers are amazing, respectful, and caring. I enjoy getting my work done on time so that i can help someone eles if they're in need. We work as a team.
best job i ever had
Director of Catering/Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2016
well managed and very succesfull balance of life, great benefits and compensation, Enabled to run my department without being micro managed. Zero percent employee turnover in in my kitchen for 12 years.
Pros
able to make decisions n my own, not micro managed
Fast food environment
Cashier/Kitchen team member (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 23, 2016
5am-1pm. On your feet all day. New management so still learning themselves. Friendly and helpful coworkers. Located in a rehabilitation hospital/ senior citizen home. Worst part of the job was denying certain foods to patients due to their health condition or lost of a patient. Best part was meeting the patients and their families.
Pros
free lunch. 2 short breaks and one lunch break.
Cons
Unfair compensation. Unjust disciplinary actions
Horrible place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 23, 2016
Only a few selective people in the whole building were nice. Managment takes advantage of you at all time. Then, does not give you hours, if your per diem or part time. The food is horrible, plus no discount. All the doctors and nurses and whomever else works there are rude. No benefits for part time or per diem. Would not recommend this job to anybody, especially ones that want to be disrespected by every single person even the coworkers at memorial. Doing work is no ever good enough for the management. Everybody is selfcentered and coworkers talk bad about other coworkers every single day.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, no free food, everybody in the hospital is rude
Meet different people from all over.
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
Productive and well diverse, always learning something new pertaining to your position. T he pay is awesome and it's always room to grow with the company.
I enjoy working with sedexo fun friendly work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 22, 2016
I would love to come back and work for sedexo I learned a lot and I can get along with people I have worked in the emergency room and on the floors theirs nothing that I'm willing to learn all the employees that I've worked are very friendly it's can be a challenge some time but the motivation I have is strong..the manager are very good
Good job with benefits for FT but...
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Aston, PASeptember 22, 2016
Good and friendly environment. Well managed with good benefits and paid holidays and vacations (if you've accumulated enough hours) Coud pay more though.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits
Cons
Pay rate, raises
Productive fun place to work
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARSeptember 22, 2016
Sedexo was a fun place to work the training was always weekly to make sure the working environment was always safe for everyone. The HR department was always helpful and full of information when needed
Pros
Safe working environment, friendly, helpful, good training
Cons
Short breaks
Fun cool
Cleaner diner room (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCSeptember 21, 2016
Good people they enjoy what their doing and that's important they make it fun even on bad days of the week I can be myself around them I hope I get the job
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Short breaks
Review Summary
EVS Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of me checking all towers on the hospital floors. Including ICU, and ER. I would then assign the staff members to their work areas. I would make sure all areas were clean before first shift, and all breaks and lunches were taken at appropriate times.

What I learned working as an EVS housekeeper is how to work as a team. Everyone is set to their individual assignments but sometimes we need to come together and get it knocked out and out of the way.

Management can sometimes be hard to get along with. They have bosses who put alot of pressure for things to be in tip top shape and sometime that can be alot of pressure on the employees also. All you can do is try your best and do thorough quality work.

Co workers can be a gift and a curse. Everything will go smoothly if everyone focuses on the job and get things done in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job is getting in the swing of third shift hours. It can be a challenge at times. Stay busy is the best advice.

The most emjoyable part of the job is seeing how you make the room look nice at the end of the cleaning.
productive and fun work place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2016
I learned how to us the g-2 system and process package and my co-worker are fun to work with they take time to show me how to work smart not hard the hardest part of my job is nothing.I enjoy processing package.
Hotel Cook
Prep Cook-2nd Cook/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 21, 2016
My typical day at work was to get there early to get breakfast started, I learned a lot working with my co workers and management was great, the hardest part of the job was leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.