Sodexo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,516 reviews matching the search
Productive be place to work
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJuly 23, 2016
Friendly environment to work in and a good job to work for a while. However, not a great place for job advancement.
Nice Company
Multi- Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 22, 2016
Great company to work for but, has little job security. Not many accounts in this area. Great training for managers and good pay with excellent benefits! The company provides many perks for frontline staff as well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job Security
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2016
Excellent company with best practices to exceed client's expectation.
Diversity and inclusion is part of the fabric of this company.
Pros
Company Car, AIP Program, Diverse
Cons
Many hours
Sodexo as a whole is a good company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD - Stevenson UniversityJuly 22, 2016
Sodexo corporate has great idea and the ability to put them into action. Once those ideas level the corporate head quarters and make their way to the unit level those great ideas can change or not happen at all. Every unit is different and every GM has his/her own set of problems to overcome.
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2016
Sodexo is a fair company to work. They try to treat their employees with respect, their core values are good.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
do not mentor their supervisor for the next level
great place to work enjoyed it
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46208July 21, 2016
i loved my job utility at the childrens museme would love to work for this company again.loved the chef giving great customer service'
Pros
all over great place to work
Solid place to work
Caterer/Server (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PAJuly 21, 2016
I think it's a great place to understand how to manage your time and deal with different types of people. Working at many different hours each day can b difficult but it helped me more with my time management.
To obtain a position in a high energy and engaging field
Regional Chef (Current Employee) –  North East USAJuly 21, 2016
In a given work day I am organizing and prioritizes multiple and tasks for various facilities in Mass, CT and RI and working with Chefs to improve FC and Service for our customers
Pros
I am an extremely dedicated and hard working person
Self driven career with limitless possibilities
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 21, 2016
I found this company to have an international culture of pride and support. They offer so many opportunities and programs that give back to the communities and enrich the life of each employee.
Pros
Flexible schedules, self driven training modules, excellent benefits and meal compensation
Cons
Nor enough training time prior to working in the fields
cashier
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
customer service skills
cash handling
keeping my area cleaned and stocked
,making sure every customer was satisfied with his/her food
always smiling
helping and all areas if needed
Undervalued, individual accounts defer from what company is supposed to stand for.
Catering Manager, chef manager, operations manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2016
Work/life balance is non existent and compensation is not equivalent for area. Senior management has a false understanding of daily operations and non supportive.
Fast paced and always busy with great customers
Cafe Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 19, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. The main downfall is the hours get cut certain times of the year. We serve anywhere from 50 to 140 people an hour. we make a wide variety of food for college students and faculty.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Hours being cut
Good Company to work with, great benefits. Poor management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston TXJuly 18, 2016
Good company, unfortunately poor management, from the GM to the lower level. Managers dont have people skills, they really dont care about employees only the client. we have to pay our food and our parking and on top of that they dont recognized the employees efforts to be working on time. You will be wrote up for any reason..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Ugh
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 18, 2016
This place really really sucked and this app is glitching cause i filled this out three times, anyways they cut my pay to the point of where i was making 4 dollars an hour
Good
General Manager Multi-Services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2016
Good place to work. Lots of training and development. Good pay and benefits. Opportunities to work in different areas and sectors. Good people to work with
Poor management, effort not recognized
Cashier/Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 16, 2016
I worked here for 2 years and got moved around a lot (from different work stations ie:cafeteria, coffee bar, smoothie bar). Started at the coffee bar and worked very hard. My hours were very sporadic, depending on the managers mood. After a few months they hired a new girl, who I trained, who became my manager within a month. She then treated me like I was the one not working hard enough. Pulled me away from a long line of customers and had me running for ice/food or bagging pastries in the kitchen (taking me away from tipping customers/being able to collect tips at the end of the shift since I wasn't out helping customers. Which sucked being a college student living on minimum wage). Got my hours dropped a lot. I finally got moved to the cafeteria and that wasn't so bad. However, the company states yearly raises, and I got over looked until about 1 1/2 years.... Then got a 21¢ raise... Got let go without notice after I got a second (better paying) job. Literally came in for a shift, went to clock in and noticed my punch card wasn't there. Had a chef tell me our boss said I was off the hook. No call from my boss, no notice, nothing.

Really enjoyed working here for the first couple of months, but for the stress due to poor management, minimum wage isn't worth it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible management, no real advancement opportunities, poor pay.
Working at Disney World very fun
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2016
Its ok company no advancement and needs better management. The good thing about this company is that is in Walt Disney World
great place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 14, 2016
i like working here. it is a good company to work for but there are pros and cons of working anywhere. I dont know what else you want me to say in this section so I will just type some stuff in here
great professional challenges
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  country wideJuly 14, 2016
challenged on a daily basis
began as an hourly employee in late 1990s
great systems in place to help accomplish operational tasks
ability to change work site is excellent
What you learned
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJuly 14, 2016
I learned alot on this job. I learned how to help people more. This company is amazing they help the hospital nice and clean and they also help the patients feel good and a nice enviroment.
Pros
NICE PEOPLE
Cons
SHORT BREAKS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.