Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 3,860 reviews matching the search
okay
Supervisor /Grill cook (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 4, 2016
cooking and cleaning work area fun co workers preparing food for breakfast and lunch making such hour station is clean before well leave and most important thing is good customer service
High intensity job
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 4, 2016
My experience working here was not the most enjoyable. Not that the job was terrible, it was just a very high intensity job and things were all about time. It just didn't fit my personality well.
Corporate Culture is not carried thru to local level
Operations/1st Shift Manager Env Services (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 4, 2016
Corporate Culture and development provides a great training process for new managers. However, the onboarding process is slow and poorly executed. The local management over-site has been poor and a hindrance to having a foundation of a successful management career.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Slow hiring process, poor communication, lack of management follow thru
Poor treatment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 4, 2016
The customers were great. The other employees would leave 1 person to do all of the work. The manager scheduled me to work alone every friday for hours at a time.
Not really good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2016
Very hard work, but people are really friendly. You get to to know many people and the opportunity to work for different locations. I think it is a little bit disorganized.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Okay
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 3, 2016
Not too bad. Not sure what management is like these day as mine left when i did, Set routine on what to do everyday. Must have tb test done so that gets annoying because it takes over 2 weeks and you cant start till your clear. Bittersweet becoming personal with residents who will pass away soon,
Pros
Residents
Cons
Loss of life
i loved this job
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHDecember 3, 2016
I loved working here. This location all of the other unit managers are always willing to help you out and be there for you. With the change in upper management, i have heard that things have gotten to be much better.
It was ok
Steward (Head Cook) (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LADecember 3, 2016
My day started at 6am and ended at 6pm,we worked 12 houurs a day and 84 hours a week.The most enjoyable think on the job was seeing and smile on the guys face after eating....That a good sign that my foo was awesome
Pros
THE GYM
Cons
THE PAY
worked hard
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 3, 2016
went from a dish washer to a kitchen supervisor worked hard made numerous changes gave a heck of an effort while moving up in position it was an expiernce
Pros
moving up
Cons
hard work
A fun place to work for the individual who enjoys solace.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 2, 2016
A typical work day consists of loading up supplies need to clean doctors offices. What I learned is that if you enjoy working on your own and being able to be in your own space then working for Sodexo in environmental services is the place for you. The management was never available when there was an issue and the co-workers was the best. The co-workers at Sodexo are actually more helpful than management. The hardest part of the job is finding out how disgusting doctor's offices can be and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music while you work.
Poor management and very hostile environment
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 2, 2016
Constantly doing other people's jobs, picking up slack, constant workplace bullying and harassment. Would not recommend this job to anyone, especially if you're looking for clerical/HR work.
Very poor place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Colorado CollegeDecember 2, 2016
The staff at the Colorado College has one of the most poor management teams I've ever worked for. There is little room for advancement and very little appreciation for their employees at all! Everything done there is done backwards. It's a negative work environment all around.
Pros
Sick time and holiday pay
Cons
Very poor management
The real job behind the job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 2, 2016
Production, preparation and execution of food to customers, and staff. Basically if you give prompt, courteous service people are generally responsive. Having co-workers some are good and some are bad and you have to find a way to get along. The most enjoyable part is seeing a customer who comes in angry and or upset and because of something in the interaction of service they leave a bit lifted. Management there are few good ones and rare in my opinion, and kudos to the ones that have integrity no matter what the cost, even going against the grain.
Busy Office Environment that keeps you on your toes!!!
Accounting Administration/Unit Controller (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 2, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Sodexo at many different campus locations across the USA....and abroad...very high and fast paced work environment at times but also rewarding at the same time.
Pros
free food, flex time, great benefits, etc...
Cons
very long work hours for management (salaried)
Fast paced,friendly co-workers make work days easy!
Assistant Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72701December 1, 2016
As a catering manager for Sodexo I enjoyed going to work. Catering to the U of A suites during football season was fast paced and sometimes a challenge of your unique imagination, always keeping me on my toes.
Pros
Working with friendly co-workers, happy environment
Cons
Not able to hire employees for year around employment
Works well with your schedule but hard to balance
Server (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 1, 2016
It's a good work place environment for extra cash as a student, but still relatively obnoxious to balance with school work.
Difficult place to work
Food Prep Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morton, IL 61550December 1, 2016
I was the prep cook for a grade school. It was difficult to work with most of my coworkers. I only worked part time, which was nice for me. Because I had a lot of time to spend with my, at the time, small child.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Coworkers
Great company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2016
A great company to work for with an excellent work schedule. It gives you a great opportunity to develop your customer service skills by interacting constantly with your customers.
paid lunch
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2016
they paid for lunch and give money towards education. really good benefits for employees and 401k plan .very easy to work machine always running well and supplies always organized.
Pros
always got your raise
Cons
sometimes short staff.
i liked it
Assembler (Former Employee) –  15300 s waterloo rd 44110November 30, 2016
I loved working here its just that the supervisor wasn't a good one an they didn't have a good work form as far as what to do an how to do it right when I get in but it was easy.