Sodexo

3.0K reviews

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Unpredictable industry
Controller (Current Employee), VirginiaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free Meals, Good Co-workers
Cons: Constantly changing environment, high employee turnover
This is a dynamic position in an industry of constant turnover. The current customer account of which I recently joined was lost to a competitor.
Productive and fun environment
Temporary Resource Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: Extended hours
Good management, great benefits and extensive learning experience. Outgoing staff and students.Fast paceced, always something new to experience.
It's okay
cook (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 27, 2015
Not much room to advance, pretty repetitive. Not all the management is great. Would not recommend this as a long term job.
Very positive energy, very fast paced, always willing to train an promote.
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Overtime was always available
Cons: I always ate the wrong things
I was a Food Service Worker, that consist of prepping different foods at different stands. I enjoyed working at the college because it was always positive an fun attitudes throughout the college.
Difficult to balance work and home life.
EVS Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad home/worklife balance, expected to put company first.
Good paying company, management is a crapshoot depending on the type of manager you get. District managers have high turnover rate. Expectation is to work longer than scheduled hours. Extremely high amount of paperwork to do daily.
productive
server (Former Employee), JFK International AirportAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation and sick hours. 401k
Cons: Rare advancement
Minimal space for advancement.
Can learn a lot about hospitality and management
Most problems are not solved unless you go directly to human resources
Great Company
Chef Manager- Company lost account (Former Employee), Salem, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Catering, team building
Cons: job security due to contract account
Enjoyed working for this company, great team building and management support. enjoyed catering events. Enjoyed being a team leader and watching new employees grow in their position.
Smooth Work Place
Porter/Maintenance/Housekeeper (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Not good Salary
Great Fun Co-workers, Not much Stress when you have the same Cleaning Duties every day. Free Breakfast, lunch, & dinner.
Very fun Atmosphere
Certified Food Server (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: meeting different students everyday
Cons: seeing some kids not getting along well with others
I enjoyed working for Sodexo all ten years of employment.
I was surrounded with a wonderful group of team players and the students were very satisfied as being their food server. A lot of the children there at my employment would look up to me as a mother and grandmother.
A Wonderful Company
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: The free training classes on-line
Cons: The Medical benefits are expensive
For the years that I was working for the company I appreciated all the great training and classes that was given I learned so much over the years.
Fast pace enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDAugust 23, 2015
Pros: The benefits are worth working at this company
Cons: To many long hours
This job is what keeps me coming back each day because I get to interact with the customers each day. Each day I get to meet new people and get know their dislikes and likes about certain foods that he or she likes.
Most enjoyable place to work.
Catering, Customer Service (Current Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
Great Physical, Hands on Labor, i learned that team work is the best stress reveler. Getting along with co-workers can result of a great place to work at. I enjoy sharing ideas to make our daily job easier and also learning from them.
Good place to learn
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDAugust 21, 2015
It was a good place to learn and communicate, but the management was horrible. I had a good time when I worked here, met a lot of important people and learned so things from them as well.
Great benefits
Dietitian (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great PTO and benefits
Cons: taste of food served
Great benefits, PTO, etc. Dietitians are considered "managers" so you get more perks with that. The retai/hospital food could use some improvements as far as taste. Good company overall.

August 25, 2015

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review of your Sodexo Dietitian career. While it looks like you're no longer with us, I encourage you to join our alumni community Reconnexions for former salaried employees. This will allow you to stay in touch and apply for roles as a former employee vs. external candidate, in case you'd ever like to return. - Autumn Anderson, Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

Extremely Fun and Active Work Place
Assistant Stand Leader (Former Employee), Salem, NHAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Plenty of hours
Cons: only seasonal
Every single day at this job was a new and fun day. Training New cast members and allowing what you have learned throughout the years to brush off on them. Management was great and very friendly always visiting the stands and being apart of the day. Most enjoyable parts to my day were being able to see the happiness on kids faces as the ate the food that me and my team made for them.
A nice place to work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Rock Hill Sc.August 19, 2015
Pros: We only have to pay 2$ for our meals
A typical day at work is seeing all the very sick patients that i serve meals to. i enjoy helping them and would do what ever i can to make them feel better.
Magic Johnson was my boss and came from time to time.
Catering Chef (Former Employee), CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Expensive health care
What can i say about Sodexo other than I had a great run for 12 years full of joy and great stories with my bosses and co-workers. No to forget about clients that would bring life and joy to our line of work. Creating relationships everyday with new interesting clients.
It began as a simple job and it ended in me falling in love with it. Growing, learning everyday from management made me grow as an employee. It sadden me to leave my second family: Sodexo. I will forever cherish my co-workers i know i have moved to Colorado to seek a new life and a new Career in Nursing, I will keep in touch as we do now. I will always look back and how much i enjoyed working at Sodexo. My farewell party showed me that I was loved by all and felt their support to pursue Nursing, The same feeling as they encouraged me when first started going to Nursing school at nights. They knew that one day the hard part was letting them know that I was going to pursue Nursing. Thank you Sodexo for 12 great years and your support. Great second family to have and hope to find a Nursing Family!
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: Some teachers
Sodexo was a good company to work for. I enjoyed working at UCCS as a barista, but they needed more training for the drinks.
Great people, fun work, horrible pay.
Kitchen worker (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, fun, work with kids.
Cons: Minimum wage.
This job allows parents to work on student contact days only. This is perfect!

This is a fun job and has a free meal each day.

Co workers are fun loving and hard working.

The job is physical and fast paced.

There are opportunities for growth.

The worst part is the pay.
College campus Pizza Hut
Cashier/food service prep (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 17, 2015
I was a freshman in college, so didn't really enjoy the experience here. I was unable to balance school and working.If I were able to balance both, I would have probably enjoyed it more.
Headquarters