Sodexo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,433 reviews matching the search
Great to work with Students
Dining Hall Manager (Former Employee) –  Morris, MNJune 23, 2016
Worked here for 2 years but found that my passion for this type ofr work is with the elderly and residents

The students were fun to work with
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
would rather work with the elderly
A nice experience
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2016
It was always a nice day at work. Had the chance of meeting many people pursuing different majors. I worked myself my shift. Loved the meal plan.
Pros
Meal Plan
Cons
NA
a good company to work for
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 22, 2016
A nice place to work just no room here to advance at this account I would like to stay with Sodexo but if I cant then I must move on.
A joy to work for
Barista (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2016
With a management/supervising team small enough to have personal relationships with each member, but big enough to be professional it was a joy to work with them. With a colorful cast of coworker I'll recommend them to anyone
Good Entry Level Position, but No Room For Advancement
Marketing Assistant- University of Detroit Mercy (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes updating menus for all locations, updating social media and company website, handle meal plan purchases, track weekly sales, create and distribute marketing material, and general office tasks.

I learned a lot from this position. I learned customer service, organizational skills, and the workings of being a part of a large corporation.

Management was great for awhile, but then he got a promotion and new person was put in charge who was inexperienced and disorganized.

My coworkers are great! Fun people to work with, and willing to help each other out.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with poor management. It's hard for workers to be organized when there's such disorganization from the managers.

The best part of the job was my coworkers and working with the students.
Pros
Free lunches, work on college campus, school breaks
Cons
No benefits, low compensation, bad management, summer off
Excellent company to work for
Food Server (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 21, 2016
Easy work, great co-workers, love the children. The food we serve is very good and healthy for everyone. Very happy to work for Sodexo
Pros
Great attitudes
Awful and horrible
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 21, 2016
First, the management is terrible you have supervisor flirting and trying to get their employees to have relation with them. Second, the intensive amount of gossip and snooping around other people business spreading rumors. The job is not hard I'm a floor technician, but its the manager/co-workers that make your job insanely hard. Its not a hard demanding physical job, but rather a mentally challenging war.
Disrespectful employees
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 20, 2016
Sodexo dining services caters to Wellington Retirement home. A typical day at work starts off slow, and usually escalates during the middle and ending times of the shift. I learned how to deal with insubordinate employees, and the elderly. The management is very laid-back and does not do much to step in, only when the situation is dire. My co-workers were very rude, loud, disrespectful at times, and inappropriate. The hardest part of the job were carrying multiple plates stacked upon each other, especially when they were very hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a shift, and when I received a paycheck.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks, Awful co-workers, Occasional dirty areas, specific elderly clientele who were very rude
impossible customer
Fannie Mae, Critical Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2016
customer is a very difficult to work, management from the customer do not have one direction, so is make impossible to feel that you complete your job assignment. Nothing meet their spectating deliveries.
due to the various diversified business company lack the right direction to follow your job assignment, thus make the customer happy, company need to stabilized the book that contain all the OSHA rules, ethics rules, statement of work, job hazards analyzes.
LOVED working here!!
cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 18, 2016
The management team is awesome, love the way the company treats its employees. They also have great benefits. They will train you if you do not know the equipment well. also the pay rate is GREAT
Coffee Cart Barista (Student Worker)
Coffee Cart Barista (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2016
Excellent working experience: Management is extremely understanding of the college student workload at Pitt so they are infinitely flexible and accommodating to your work hours. The work culture is mostly made up of polite college students and faculty which makes it way more chill comparatively to similar jobs located outside of a college environment. Only downside is that because they are so flexible they tend to be understaffed at times (especially during finals week) so you may be pressured to work past your shift which can be good or bad depending on how much schoolwork you have to get done.
A typical day at work
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2016
Everyday is a crazy day, coz we have to prepare food for all the marine recruit and also the officers. The volume of work is really very high especially during June, July, August and September.
Pros
Lunch fee is too cheap
Cons
Makes us obese
working at LMU Cafe
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, TNJune 15, 2016
My time at Sodex was satisfying. I was able to get work experience and social experience. I believe I filled the position well and had no complaints about the job.
It was a small hometown bank
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 14, 2016
It was a great opportunity to learn about the financial business from a Blue Ribbon Bank which is the highest rating you can achieve in the State of Florida.
Great experience in customer service.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 14, 2016
It was a great place and people to work with. My supervisors were all great. They were easy to reach by phone and they took action immediately whenever there was a problem. I had my working schedule after classes Monday to Friday except Thursday that I had a class after work. It was only me working my shift and the customers were all students and faculty. There was no hard part in my job as I learned quickly. I was taught how to clean quickly by my friend co-worker during my first two days of training. I enjoyed my job as it was inside the college premises that I got to know a lot of people.
Pros
Free meals
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2016
No stability with higher level management, training is self directive, management reactive rather than proactive, sent to initial training two years after working for company. Payroll states 8 hours worked per day, will be required to work minimum of 10 hours per day up to 14 hours per day. Promotions not based on qualifications, management has already selected their candidate.
Fun place to work
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 14, 2016
sodexo was a fun place to work the managers really worked with you if you needed help with anything they were always right by your side ready to help! You had good working hours and if you needed extra hours hey would try and work with you to get you extra hours.
Working in the Senior Living Community is very fulfilling
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 13, 2016
The most important thing I learned was to be flexible. You never know what is going to happen on a day to day basis, The residents are the most important thing to focus on everyday. They were the best thing about my job.
Pros
The residents
Could be better if the could stick to one managment system
Cook/ Server (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 13, 2016
I left because no one knew who was really in charge. They could use a solid class on how a kitchen should be ran. There where a few good people that made the job fun but they were out numbered by unreliable people.
Great Traning and Manangement Support
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 12, 2016
Worked for this company for over six years. Great Diversity program. Great chance for advancement and mentoring opportinities