Sodexo
1,881 reviews

Sodexo Employer Reviews

different than any other job i had
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didnt know if you were going to get lunch
long hours people didnt show up others had to pick up the slack without warning some good team members others not so good
Sodexo Los Angeles / Mattel
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Mattel in El SegundoJuly 24, 2014
Pros: none what so ever.
Cons: too many to even begin to list.
First off unless your latino don't bother applying, half the team are all related and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to save their own rears. Cutthroat and bruttle.

The union is worthless offering ZERO protection to the employees. You are threatened daily by management with being fired, and Mattel has a liaison for the cafeteria that is – more... a complete control freak of the highest caliber. He views the place as his own personal restaurant expecting you to cater to his every whim and desire regardless of what the actual customers might want.

ZERO feeling of job security since you are threatened daily with being fired several times a day.

The chef has no morals or etiquette at all when it comes to dealing with employees if you make a tiny mistake he will bawl you out in front of the Mattel employees in the middle of lunch service.

The Mattel employees for the majority are a bunch of self entitled spoiled people. Looking down their noses at the minimum wage people as they come through the line looking for any reason to pitch a fit causing a huge scene with the Chef when he comes over to bawl you out.

Basically life in any job in Los Angeles at it's finest, unless you are someone with money prepare to be treated like absolute and complete fecal matter. – less
I liked working with the public
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough pay
On my down time, I would clean my area. I checked out the customer items. I restocked my area.
Working place with free wifi
Cook (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 22, 2014
Great place to work and great pay...And its very diverse you'll meet a lot of people from different walks of life
Fun enviorment
Concessions Supervisor (Current Employee), Ann ArborJuly 20, 2014
One of the best jobs i have ever had. I work at the Universty of Michigan football games. there is always alot of energy. Even though i work long hours, the people i work with make it an really enjoyable day!
great place to meet new people traveling the world
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at work involves give the best customer service and training and developing my other co-workers/ crew members
Fun work place
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee), Troy, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: lil to short breaks
A typical day at work was very busy Monday thru Friday. I was the grill cook from 10:30am-2pm and cashier and closing from 2:15pm-6:pm. During this job I learned how to better my time management, communicate between the chefs from the other building and building manager. My co-workers taught me a lot. They taught me how to do my job efficitanly and – more... to communicate with the customers better and to enjoy work. There really was no hard part about my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer feed back because I loved knowing how much they enjoyed the food I prepared for them and also the critiques from them on what I couldof done better if there was anything wrong. – less
Wen we woud go play pool 1s a month
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 17, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
To maintains all systems like Boilers, Grills,convection ovens holdbart ,Deep Rry voquen, Garlen stinkeros, food warmer ICE Maker Dish Washer hoilbart A lote of new skills. Going home Lunch
Fast paced, demanding, worth every minute.
EVS Manager (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free bus pass monthly.
Cons: short breaks, long hours.
Best co-workers ever, enjoy working in a hospital setting, customer service is top priority. Hardest part of job is being on my feet all day, on the flip side I walk 10 miles a day and the exercise is wonderful.
Co Workers Are Horrible on Night shift.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Canton, MIJuly 16, 2014
The job is fun and a productive environment when your working with productive people. You do not have enough time to get things done. Manager is there sometimes. If you are hired here at this location, just keep to yourself to stay away from any gossip.
Clean
Cashier (Former Employee), Midland, MIJuly 15, 2014
The company is well run. Friendly workers, kind management.
A good place to work overall
Lead Representative - Service Response Center (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: managment style
My day starts will chekcing emails and updating myself with all the changes since last time I was at work. Meanwhile, I am helping customers with their requests. Great team of co-workers that I really enjoy working with.
they can do better
Catering (Current Employee), Utica NYJuly 12, 2014
long hours, low pay, poor communication from managers. good place to start working no one should ever want to stay their whole career there though
happy place
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKJuly 11, 2014
Pros: one meal for 6 hours working
Cons: nothing
I feel so happy when I work there. that is my first job in America. My managers encourage me a lot. At the beginning of the job, I am afraid of my language that affect me working well. I don't know how to say the topping or ingredients in English. My co-workers are very nice to me. Honestly, I want to work in that company forever, I want this job is – more... my first one and last one in my whole life. however, they may not provide a working H1B visa for a foreigner. – less
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kirksville, MOJuly 9, 2014
Working with Sodexo, was a great work place, the hardest part of the job was when the end of the semesters rolled around. Management was always there to help and guide you if needed.
great place to work
Server (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: n/a
great costumer service, excellent food, great company, good wine
Very diverse company
Quality Control Lead-Supervisor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: company picnics for employees
A typical day at work would consist of being able to have great customer communication and I do have a passion or the health care industry. Patience is very important and so in being flexiable you can go a lot further also knowing how to listen. My GM is a person that you would enjoying working with he always open to new and improving ideas.The hardest – more... part of my job is being able to tolerate the 110 degrees on a daily basis. – less
Great overall!
Catering (Former Employee), Stephenville, TXJuly 7, 2014
I miss working here. management was awesome, and the people were awesome! Taught me a lot about multi-tasking, and serving various people.
Sodexo provides great development opportunities.
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free meals and healthcare
Cons: work every other weekend
A typical day at work starts with getting the shift started and making sure that everyone is prepared. Next we deal with the immediate needs of the client. This can be the hardest part of the job because the client is very demanding. We emphasis safety thourghout the day and through our monthly training program.

Sodexo provides great tools for helping – more... meet the needs of the client. My general manager shares his knowledge of the field to help me find solutions to different issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we are providing the best possible service to our client. – less
I like the hours that a corporate cafeteria enables me to work.
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Milford, CTJuly 4, 2014
Pros: i like the early daytime hours as well as the free lunches.
Cons: the only time that i am able to get break is at the end of my day.
My day is fast paced exciting. I have learned that I can adjust to many different types of situations without too much difficulty. My day begins at 6:30 a.m. and ends at 2:00p.m. I do enjoy working early in the day, so it suits me fine. I am able to get along with my co-workers and share the workload with them. I like making my customers happy with – more... their breakfast and lunch meals so that they can have a good day as they do their jobs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more