Sodexo
2,705 reviews

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Very diverse and fun workplace
Resource Food Service Manager (Former Employee), MidwestMay 27, 2015
While working at Sodexo I was able to travel to different locations and experience how what each team's strengths and weakness were. This was an incredible learning experience as a recent grad.
Progressive
Chef (Current Employee), NHMay 26, 2015
The company has many progressive ideas and if they continue will be on the cutting edge of food services. There is support available for people that have issues and it's important to point out company practices are not the same as unit practices so the company as a whole is great to work for
It was alright.
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 25, 2015
Management was disorganized.
Wages were pretty high.
Job culture was not the best.
Work schedules were not done properly sometimes.
willing to work with your schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), New Wilmington, PAMay 25, 2015
Pros: friendly, helpful management and coworkers
Cons: infrequent raises and few hours
pleasant work atmosphere and willing to work with your schedule. management and coworkers are friendly and helpful. focus on customer service.
Good food service experience
Food Service Worker/Cook (Current Employee), Lisle, ILMay 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: Management is too scared of employees to manage effectively
Depending on the day, shifts vary. On very busy days, you may have to work 10-14 hours without a break, although it is taken out of your paycheck anyway
Opportunites
General Manager, (Current Employee), VariousMay 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits
Cons: May have to relocate for advancement
I have worked for Sodexo for more than 20 years. I was originally hired under the banner of Marriott Management Services. I have worked in the Heathcare, Corporate and Campus Services Divisions and will continue to work for the company if I can find a position in a city that is enjoyable for both myself and my elderly mother
N/A
Management (Current Employee), Mid-WestMay 22, 2015
Good company, good people, good operational programs that make a difference for clients and their employees while at work or for their customers that are visiting.
Decent place to work
Food Prep/Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Positive Experiance
Cons: none
Working at Sodexo allowed me to focus on individualized skills in the kitchen. I often worked alone in my department so it cause me to improve on self reliance. I also bounced around to different areas witch cause me to learn about supermarket operations from many facets.
Overall an Excellent Company to work for
Supervisor and cook (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMay 20, 2015
Pros: Company works hard with employees through difficult times
Cons: They shut down operations during winter break, spring break and summer which really sucks pay wise!
An excellent company to work for! They work with employees needs, desires and health in their entirety. The only bad thing about this company is for the branches that exist on college campuses they often lay employees off during winter/spring breaks and during the summer which really sucks! Now if one gets a job at a health care facility that they run or take a salary job then that person is fine. But otherwise it really sucks getitng laid off and it doesn't matter if you get paid more than others...if you don't work for a week to 10 days and average your pay then those months you will be making less than minimum wage...it really sucks!
free drinks free meals
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 19, 2015
Pros: good benifits and paid vacation
Cons: short breaks
I last worked in the pizza area keeping my area full with food and clean and sanitized making sure all my food was up to tept and following instructions
Fast pace enviroment
Food service worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PaMay 19, 2015
A typical day working at the campus under Sodexo consisted of various job duties and a fast paced environment. Sometimes an employee are assigned other duties from different job titles depending on staff. The hardest part of the job is lack of staff or product. The most enjoyable part of the job are the students on campus.
Loved the people and all the special events I was able to sell to the client
General Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Loved my job!
Cons: Client moved the world Headquaters and my job was elimated
I loved my past account where I was for over 15 years! The clients and people were great. I had developed a great team and enjoyed
many success in my position as GM.
comfortable and caring work place
Nutrional sevices (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch, health benefits, flexible schedules, understanding employers
Cons: phyiscally drainging
Working with Sodexo has taught me to go above and beyond for the customer/ patients. Sodexo is a family company where ethics, caring and work quality are put first in the work place. The most rewarding part of working for Sodexo is being able to put a smile on a patient's face during their struggles in the hospital. Working for Sodexo helps develop a sense of pride for the work you do because to Sodexo every job matters, even those that seem small and insignificant have a big impact.
Pib Buisness
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), kennesaw, gaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great Benifits
Cons: biased managment
I worked my butt off a lot and felt like I stayed at the same level but with different titles. I want to grow and advance what it is that I have learned so far. I get told I have a lot to offer but do not feel like they really mean it but only say it because its better than nothing at times. I have loved the company just not how the advancement works. I think there is favoritism in it. I also believe that our HR that is on site does not see things fairly and is biased. I also think that they look down on me because I am young and I do not like that at all. I am capable of doing many things no matter my age.
Great company to work for
executive chef 111 (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the great food we prepare day to day and the great customers we servies .very good company to learn from .from doing it your self to helping others .and more
Friendly workers and workplace very productive.
Server, Cook, Extra, and Cleaner (Current Employee), Macomb, ILMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free food on the weekend
I have learned many things while working with sodexo. I have learned how to manage a dishroom and keep it clean at the same time. I have learned how to manage customers with a smile because things happen and customers are not always satisfied. I have also learned a few things about food prep and preparing fast food.

My co-workers are amazing, They are friendly and helpful. They provide me with advice on how to better myself in the workplace and outside the workplace as far as school.

The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work everyday and filling like a part of a family. Also being able to make conversation and still get work done. Seeing satisfied customers is always enjoyable.
n/a
Crew (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCMay 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Sodexo was a great help in my college career. Even though I was a full time student-athlete, the job was very understanding about my time with basketball.
Fun Workplace, Great People
Fry Chef (Former Employee), Emory, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch and dinner, Great Co-Workers
Cons: Unorganized at times
Followed the menu that was giving to me on the daily basis and cooked whatever I was asked. The people that I worked with were very nice people, I got to know them and their families pretty well.
Working at Sodexo
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Paid Hoilday, Vaction Package
Cons: Shortage of staff, Poorly written contract
I have worked at sodexo for five years, and I do the same thing everyday. I file paperwork, submit payroll, enter cash and other data entry task. My management team is pretty good, and my co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job is not having the opportunity to grow.
Dining Hall Grill Cook At Binghamton University
Line Cook (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours/Schedules, Union Protection
Typical Day: Cooking To Order/Serving 600-1000 People Per 8 Hour Shift, Cleaning/Maintaining The Line
I Learned: Proper Temps For Cooked Meat/Fish, How To Make A Wide Variety Of Different Foods
Co-Workers: Hard Working, Versatile, Friendly
Hardest Part Of The Job: Cleaning All The Grill Equipment At The End Of The School Year.
Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job: High Quality Food And Holiday Breaks.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sodexo

Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, – Read more

Sodexo Salaries