Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 4,376 reviews matching the search
Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager & District Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 21, 2017
Excellent company to work for. only negative is that they are mostly contract positions and during these hard financial times, it can be challenge not knowing when they will terminate.
Operationally well structured.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 21, 2017
Sodexo provides tools and operating systems similar to Aramark and Compass. The culture allows you to work independently and creatively. As a Manager you have the autonomy to build it as your business.
Pros
Culture of autonomy
Cons
HR Department structure is centralized and it's difficult to recieve timely/quality guidance.
Very easy, positive, and fun workplace!
Food Service Worker/Catering (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 20, 2017
I am a food service worker/cashier. I get paid decent, more than a typical cashier at $10 an hour. I have learned a lot in the short two months I have been employed, my managers and coworkers are great! I am seeking advancement and my manager is assisting me by teaching me everything I need to know. Job is very easy, especially if you're not lazy. This is the best job I've had, I never hate going to work. Oh and weekends off!
Pros
Free lunch, advancement
Good job, flexible scheduling
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, COApril 20, 2017
I worked in a college setting, Sodexo is a very big and diverse company so I was involved with a very small sampling of the company. Great people and as fun as you make it.
No set schedules or real room for advancement
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2017
As a part time employee for six years i was never offered a stable schedule or chance for promotion to full time. The manager were constantly out of touch with each other and were always late posting our next schedules, sometimes they would have to call us to let us know we were working because the hours were not posted at all.
Pros
decent healthcare
Cons
poor management and no job stability
Very good place to work
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHApril 20, 2017
I loved my job at Sodexo even though I was a dish washer the staff is great they , will do anything they can to help they have a union witch is also great good benefits and all
Pros
Pay always goes up
Cons
You will get laid off at times
Not the best Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Sodexo is not my favorite company to work for. As a Supervisor I had a high turn over rate at a Hospital I worked for.

One of the biggest complaints were lack of supplies, communication, never seen Sodexo Management, no over time available.
Pros
Located all over the United States
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Management, turn over
Productive and good
Food Service Worker-part (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 20, 2017
The workplace is fun and I have learned a lot about customer service. The work environment is very fast pace and one needs to be able to multi-task various jobs.
First time as Student Worker
Assistant/Server/Cashier/Dish (Current Employee) –  Morris, MNApril 19, 2017
It was my first time to study and work at the same time. Kind of hard but it helped me to manage myself. Good experience. Clean and nice workers around with me to help each other.
not the best job, dont do it!!
Environmental service attendent (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 19, 2017
horrible management, they treat every employee different, instead of treating them all the same way, using the same policies. They play too many head games, choose favorites, and make the hard workers on the verge of quitting. They won't write up anyone who's not doing their job duties, they won't fire anyone because they don't want anyone to get unemployment (at least that's the way I see it). They need to get it together and be a lot more professional.

Job duties are easy and uncomplicated, it's the little tedious things a Team Leader/supervisor might nit pick you about, instead of the other person who did the exact same thing.

there is no enjoyment unless you love to clean after college students!

Workplace culture is very spread out. There's a lot of Spanish/English speaking employees.

Typical day includes: Going to your building, following your job card, making sure everything on it gets done. These duties include classrooms, offices, bathrooms, hallways, trash replacing, wiping down tables, desks, mirrors, counter tops, cleaning toilets, mopping, replacing toilet paper/paper towels/soap; vacuuming/sweeping up; wiping elevators down; sweeping/dusting/moppping stairwells; dusting in classrooms and ofices; detailing sideboards, baseboards, walls with spills on them; recycling.

hardest part: possibly the summer projects that happen every year. These include detailed carpet cleaning using heavy equipment, such as bonnets (side by side), taking off wax on tiled hallways, replcing wax, using wax equipment, that you MUST be trained on, in order to use.

There
  more... isn't much enjoyable, unless your lucky enough to get with a building with employees who do their own work, instead of you having to clean their duties.

I learned that if you want to go to school, it's not going to happen.
If you want to be in power and climb the ropes of being a team leader/ supervisor, you must work a year or more and apply when they're needed, but get used to snickering and being just one more member of management who doesn't know right from wrong, and doesn't discipline the employees who actually should be disciplined.
Pros
pay's not bad, until they start messing with your time
Cons
benefits, healthare's expensive, smoker's pay, have to pay to go to school, then they'll reimburse you (upto $2500), management very unprofessional
Productive and Fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to work if you have a great support system. They really care about their employees. The managers will go above and beyond for their worker just as they expect you to go above and beyond for the patients you care for
Great people, long days, satisfaction at the end of the day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 19, 2017
Sodexo provides great opportunity for growth and advancement for their hourly and management team. You work hard, and if a manager, you work long days. You are compensated with time off and shorter days when the opportunity arises. Each manager you work for is a little different. You will have the micro managers and you will have those who don't provide enough guidance but I found the majority fall somewhere in between. Great motivators; good leaders; will develop new managers; will coach and improve bad managers.
Pros
Great benefits; ability to advance; can move across US if you like.
Cons
Long days; long weeks; can not always achieve work/life balance.
Great people
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Westchester Medical CenterApril 19, 2017
Fair salaries and great culture.
Began managing their nursing home accounts until the units went bankrupt, then accepted a position as executive chef.
Work for and with great managers in my five years at Westchester Medical Center.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Contract management only lasts as long as the contract is in place
productive work environment
food service contractor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 18, 2017
A great place to excel. sodexo is a pretty well put together company. it also has great benefits. the teamwork as well gives you a sense of ease. a job you would love.
Excellent place to work
Senior Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 18, 2017
The staff are very friendly and has a great work culture. The benefits are great also. The management structure is very organized. I learned a lot during my career.
A job that pays well, but not enjoyable to go to.
Tray Passer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 18, 2017
Sodexo was not very enjoyable. A typical day at work included delivering food to patients throughout the hospital, rolling silverware, and cleaning the kitchen. You would often find yourself doing other jobs in the kitchen due to lack of employment and attendance. I found that management was very unprofessional and gossiped quite often about their employees. For the most part the work place culture was light and people got along, but occasionally there was drama that spread through the, supposed to be, professional setting. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the unprofessional management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fun place to work with friendly staff
Senior Director, Finance (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 17, 2017
My job offers great flexibility, which is rare when you have kids. It is also a job that requires you 24/7 and that is dictated by the client via RFP response. I am learning through numerous projects that I am involved with leading sales and operations towards a main objective, winning the deal.
The culture is very impressive due to the diversity of the employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the service we provide to the client on a daily basis.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
bonuses and healthcare
Official response from Sodexo
April 18, 2017

Absolutely love your feedback about our flexibility and also finding joy in providing service to others. This is something we often hear is what employees love most about Sodexo. Happy to hear you're learning and enjoying the culture and hope that you will continue to find positive experiences during your time at Sodexo. - Autumn A., Sodexo USA Careers Community Manager

Good opportunity
Food Service Worker, Server (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 17, 2017
Very flexible, supportive supervisors. I liked the opportunity to receive free food on work days, and it was an easy job to have while also a full time student and athlete
Okay starting job
Frontline (Current Employee) –  Southern New JerseyApril 17, 2017
They are all about getting and keeping clients, so if you think you are going to be cared about forget it. Currently running a 4 person kitchen with only 2 people. No extra compensation or thanks. Job has to be done "because the students must eat". Never mind you haven't had a break or very short one. I could go on.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not consisent with job duties, no benefits, not appreciated.
love helping the sick, making sure they have a clean room.
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
When I work at sodexo I filled my carts cleaned patient rooms took out trash, cleaned and mop their bathroom.ask if they needed anything.the unoccupied rooms we had to wipe down beds make sure there isn't any blood. Dust, mop, etc. I love working and helping people. You can always countbon me.Thank b so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.